• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dungeons & Dragons: Wizards of the West

@Rand - Entarro Toloth, @SnakyDragon - Oscar Grouchbeard, @MysticPisces - Illiana Aurelia Myloris

As you all travel down the hallway the footsteps from the unknown creature fade into the sounds of yours. All three of you run down the hallway which starts to fade into shadows, but you can faintly see the end of the hallway which opens up into another room or perhaps splitting off into other hallways, it is too dark to tell.

@kaneki ken - Ditrillion, @Thane Korino - Gerren ‘Perrin’ Paragon, @Shizuo Draven - Draven Barsnap, @Anuen - "Blackheart" Katrina Lillvik

The footsteps of the three that ran down the hallway start to fade as they get farther away. The room remains unchanging.

Oscar shouts to the ones about six feet in front of him.

"Stop! We three should nah be wandering these halls on our own; if there er hostile creatures anywhere nearby, a barbarian, ranger (rogue?), and whatever this fine lass is here will not be able to las' long. We need numbers. Either we go back, or we wait fer the others to join us."

He turns to Illiana.

"You started this chase, but we'll never find whoever it was you were after if this is his er her home terr'tory. Nah by running' after him."

Illiana slowed to a halt at the dwarf's bidding. He did make a good point. There could be dangers in this ruin that they probably couldn't tackle themselves. "He could get away!' she complained. "It's our only lead!" she added, not really explaining anything to the others.

ditrillion draws one of his throwing knives holding it discreetly. he then ran after the footsteps down the hallway. "i will not stand her and be left out on the action! if there are stories to be made of this place i will be apart of them!!"

Oscar notes the fact that she stopped before arguing with relief, instead of just ignoring him entirely and continuing to run - without backup.

"He's already gotten away, lass. Don' be thrown' yer life away after nothin'. Wait fer the others, an' we'll cut off the way out on our end so he has only one way ta go. We'll corner him. An' if there's a way out of this place, he'll reach it before us, anyway, an' likely lead us into a few traps along tha way. Better ta wait an' be patient."

Wait and be patient.

That wasn't going to happen. Illiana folded her arms and thought, a finger to her lips in concentration. "I have been in pursuit of this person since the initial attack," she announced to the dwarf, though it was more like she was musing aloud than speaking to him. "I certainly hope he does not manage to slip away whilst we tarry about." It was true, there were unknown dangers lurking in the dark halls of this ruin, but was it okay to let their one lead escape when he was so close? The other queer incident to ponder was how all of these adventurers ended up being corralled into the same place. Was there some being at work trying to assemble a team? The civilians were most likely collateral. There was probably no way to distinguish between commoner and adventurer for the purposes of the vines that fetched them. "How peculiar..." Illiana breathed to herself. She tried to imagine what could have made the two distinct crushing noises she heard as she was dragged into the ruin. Was it some indication of a transmutation of the stone wall as the vines pulled her through? Or perhaps it was the sound of a portal collapsing in upon two sides of the same plane of existence.

As the seconds passed miserably uneventfully, Illiana began to tap her foot impatiently.

"What have you been up to? As I understand there weren't meant to be any caravans passing this way for a few days yet - It's why I'm still around here." Shakily getting to her feet, Katrina idly made small talk as she started to investigate the room. First: The most obvious thing to look into. Katrina slowly approached the glowing crystal, watching carefully for any movement from the vines.

Oscar nods his head at her and appreciates his listening skills.

To ease her possible temper, he yells back down the hallway,

"LADDIES! IF YE CAN WALK, HELP SOMEONE WHO CAN'T, AN' GET DOWN HERE! WE'RE WAITIN' FER YA!"

Perrin let out a bit of a chuckle. "Oh? I though I was actually a few days behind of them. No matter, anywho I guess you could call it a bit of a vacation for sight seeing." He looked to the other standing up and quickly got to his own feet. Hearing someone shout down the hallway a moment following it. "Hmm... I think I will be going for a moment...try not to get to close to that crystal, it might cause something.."

@Rand

(Just so you know, the whole room is shadows so your using your drow vision)

As you look around the room you see the faint purple color of a wall about five feet in front of you. The wall splits off into two narrow corridors that are about five feet wide and go in opposite directions. There is a small indent in the wall right in front of you that is not in a particular shape, it looks more natural, as if something hit it. There appears to be and object inside of this dent, there are too many edges inside the dent to be able to tell what shape it is and it appears to have a small amount of warmth to it.

Entarro silently moves towards the object, trying to get a better look at the outline. (Rolling for spot check)

[dice]12722[/dice]

Since he was unable to see it from his distance, Entarro closed the distance between himself and the object, and poked it with one of his daggers gently to see if it nudged from its original position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Entarro sits there for a moment in speculation over the object, then shrugs, and sheathes a dagger, reaching towards the object with one of his gloved hands, grabbing it.

@Rand

You grab the object from the small dent in the wall and surprisingly you didn't even touch the wall to get it. You feel that it is made of a hard material and is some sort of smooth angular shape. Despite what you saw, you feel no warmth at all. As you hold it, an odd sensation goes through your body. One you have never felt before, but it feels similar to getting healed using magic.

I inspect the item, pulling it closer to me.

[dice]12742[/dice]

As I inspect the gem, I call out to the others, telling them that the room I am in is safe. (And also.....OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH 20!!!!!!)

@Rand

You can now see that the object is some sort of crystal shard about the size of your hand. You think it might contain magical properties, but your not sure what.

Oscar, looking at the woman beside him (who's been alarmingly quiet for a while @MysticPisces) and fed up with how everyone's been super slow, decides to keep moving.

"Alrigh', well, 'twas worth a try. Le's go, I be thinking' I hear the drow yelling' at us."

Illiana looks to the dwarf and nods in agreement. If the others weren't willing to help them figure out what was going on, they would have to rely on each other to clear the way for the less-able civilians. She crept down the hallway slowly, her eyes scanning the stonework for potential traps, but the corridor grew ever darker as the two picked their way forward. The voice of the drow certainly was yelling something from the next chamber, and Illiana was less than enthusiastic to follow it. As much as she would rather not party up with a drunken dwarf and a bloody drow, some stigmas were best abandoned for the sake of cooperation and survival. Creeping along with one hand to the wall and one on the hilt of her dagger, Illiana's eyesight became virtually useless. The underdwellers possessed infravision, but the wood elf's eyes were blind in the darkness. As the chamber opened in front of the two of them, Illiana could sense the drow's presence by the sound of his breathing. "What have you discovered?" she asked the drow, trying her best to ignore the bitter taste in her mouth she was experiencing by speaking to him.

((Sorry, everyone! I have been abroad in the Netherlands on business and haven't really had any chance to keep up. I'll be back to my regular schedule tomorrow!))

Entarro turns to the elf, and speaks silently. "From this room there are two hallways. Each one is about five feet wide. I think we should go down the left side." He said, silently pocketing the crystal. Entarro was not sure of the gem's magical qualities, but he was afraid that too much interaction would lead to negative outcomes. They would investigate it later. Hiding its existence would also give him time to experiment with it.

Illiana did not like the idea of stumbling around blindly in the dark, but she had no torch or light source available. "You lead the way, drow," she said, a bit more venom on the last syllable than she intended - as if the word rhymed with 'scum.' "I shall follow the sound of your footfalls. Do try to avoid any potential traps - t'would be a shame to lose you so soon after we have made acquaintance." She gave a small curtsy - she knew the dark elf could see the minuscule gesture. "I am Illiana Aurelia Myloris, a child of Gaia. And you are...?" she asked, as if forcing some manners upon the rogue.

Oscar notes the absolutely massive amounts of passive-aggressiveness between the drow and the lighter-skinned elf. He also notes (with his dark vision) Entarro placing some sort of object into his pouch. Knowing Illiana cannot see, he gives said drow a pointed look and mouths,

"We be talkin' later."

He then responds to Illiana's question in stead of the drow, knowing him to be quite fickle when dealing with other people, especially those showing him such contempt as this elf.

"He be named Entarro tha (ranger? rogue?) warrior o' shadow an' trees. He'd be our best bet in navigating' these tunnels, at least until we be makin' our way deeper, inta my territory."

Perrin shrugged at the lack of response and decided to wait no longer. Although he was somewhat worried, he knew that Katrina would likely be fine. Soon quickly on his way down the hallway of which someone had asked for help previously.

"Your territory?" Illiana echoed the dwarf's last words. "Do you have any idea where we are?" she asked. Her face may have been hidden in darkness, but there was a definite hint of suspicion in her eyes. There were too many coincidences for her liking here. All these adventurer types herded into the dark ruins with no idea why. And the footsteps and the figure in red. What did it all mean? As the three started down the hallway on the left, Illiana stopped, hearing the sounds of someone approaching from the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back