• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dungeons & Dragons: Wizards of the West

(Can I change my character class to rogue?)

Entarro slowly creeps towards the prone bodies, holding his daggers at the ready. As he nears, he observes them.

[dice]11299[/dice]

(Omg. What is with this site and rolling two's?)

@Anuen You jump up blindly and start floundering around in the dark when trip over something and fall into something else that gives way and hits the floor with a grunt.

@Rand You are approaching some of the humanoids when something suddenly falls on you from behind, not expecting this you fall to the floor with whatever hit you.

((Yes, you may change your class to rouge, and Ikr))

Entarro turns to see what landed on him from behind, attempting to stab it with his daggers, and decide if it was a good decision later.

[dice]11300[/dice]

((Anuen you take 3 damage))

((I've already added it to the front so you don't have to worry about keeping track))

Blinded by darkness, Katrina stumbled through her new surroundings apparently free of the vines. So while she wasn't particularly fond of the darkness, at the very least the vine wasn't going to kill her. Blindly stumbling around, she stumbled into... Something that gave way, and tripped over it. For a moment, she thought it was likely one of the civilians she had seen carried off with her, but before she had a chance to confirm it, she cried out in pain at the sudden sensation of something very sharp sinking into her arm and her gut.

All she could do for the moment was try to push away from whatever it was causing her pain and put her arms up to defend herself if it chased her.

Oscar, rolling a decent Perception check

[dice]11309[/dice]
hears a lady scream from somewhere to his left, and tackles the attacker to the ground, attacking Entarro (as he cannot see, and he was prepared to fight against hostile attackers)...

Axe No. 1: [dice]11310[/dice]

Axe No. 2: [dice]11311[/dice]

"Who are ye an' why are ye attacking' us??? AN' WHA'S WIT' THA VINES?!"

Illiana rolled away from the sound of blades being drawn and the scream of a woman in pain. Had she been pulled into an ambush? Was someone taking advantage of the dragon attack to carry out dark deeds? Was this person controlling the dragon? Was it the man in the red cloak?

Illiana had too many questions and not enough answers. She was completely in the dark quite literally. Drawing her dagger, Illiana backed up with her free hand outstretched to find the wall. "Who's there?" she called out to the blackness.

@Rand - Entarro Toloth

The person on top of you is suddenly hit aside with a scream.

@SnakyDragon - Oscar Grouchbeard

One of your axes lands the person on top who is knocked aside with a scream but, its not the kind of scream you had expected, it was like the one you had heard before, a woman's.

[Roll for damage]

@Thane Korino - Gerren ‘Perrin’ Paragon

You try to rip the vines off and triumphantly throw them to the ground but, something was wrong. You can't see, it was pitch black, and the vines were far too easy to pull off, as if they had just died. You had been too busy with the vines to realize you had been dragged somewhere. As you lie there you hear people moving around, weapons being pulled out of their sheaths, and several screams.

@Anuen - "Blackheart" Katrina Lillvik

You are suddenly hit off the other person by something heavy and sharp.

@MysticPisces - Illiana Aurelia Myloris, @Shizuo Draven - Draven Barsnap

You hear another scream from what you assume is the same woman, more people moving around, and weapons being draw. The room is still pitch black as ever.

Everyone:

You are suddenly blinded by a bright light but, after a few minutes your vision starts to clear. In the center of the room there is a green crystal jutting out of the floor at a height of about 3 feet. Roots coming out of the floor are twined around the crystal, which is emanating a faint green light. You can now see the room is about 20 ft by 20 ft and made of cobblestone which is eroding away. The room is overrun by a variety plants and some bugs are fluttering about the room. Near the crystal there is a drow lying on the ground, holding up one dagger that is soaked in blood. To one side of him is a dwarf holding a blood covered axe, and to the other side is a woman wearing a black cloak lying on the ground, the floor around her is covered in a dark red liquid. To the opposite side of the room there is a woman alone near the wall. To the right of her there is a gnoll lying on the ground. To the left of the woman there are a few scared civilians huddled all along the wall. To the center of that wall there appears to be an intricately carved stone door that is sealed shut. On the opposite wall there is a stone door identical to it, only the door is an open archway. In the silence you hear footsteps receding into nothing coming out of the archway.

[dice]11564[/dice]

I don't know what to add, so I defaulted at 5, seeing as how he's a barbarian and it's his job. 6 is the raw roll out of 6.

Oscar looks at the woman he just hit.

"Oh dear. Drow, it be appearin' that we fucked up."

He takes out from his pack a series of bandages and cream.

"Bein' a barbarian, I come prepared fer wounds."

[dice]11565[/dice]

His hand slips on one of the ointments. He's kind of shaking.

"Entarro! I be needin' yer hep! We attacked an innocent woman!"

@kaneki ken

Your standing near the outer gate of Palanthia when suddenly vines lash out at you and the surrounding civilians. After a few minutes of struggle from you and the surrounding civilians the vines drag you and the others off into the forest. A while ago the dragon had attacked the city, causing everyone to flee in the western side of the middle and lower ring. Your being dragged through the forest when a grey mass starts to come into your vision. When you get closer you realize it is ruins. After a loud grinding sound everything starts to get dark and then you hear the grinding noise again and everything goes pitch black. Lying on the floor you hear weapons being drawn, fighting, and screaming.

You are suddenly blinded by a bright light but, after a few minutes your vision starts to clear. In the center of the room there is a green crystal jutting out of the floor at a height of about 3 feet. Roots coming out of the floor are twined around the crystal, which is emanating a faint green light. You can now see the room is about 20 ft by 20 ft and made of cobblestone which is eroding away. The room is overrun by a variety plants and some bugs are fluttering about the room. Near the crystal there is a drow lying on the ground, holding up one dagger that is soaked in blood. To one side of him is a dwarf holding a blood covered axe, and to the other side is a woman wearing a black cloak lying on the ground, the floor around her is covered in a dark red liquid. To the opposite side of the room there is a woman alone near the wall. To the right of her there is a gnoll lying on the ground. To the left of the woman there are a few scared civilians huddled all along the wall. To the center of that wall there appears to be an intricately carved stone door that is sealed shut. On the opposite wall there is a stone door identical to it, only the door is an open archway. In the silence you hear footsteps receding into nothing coming out of the archway.

Ditrillion walks up to the crystal and lays a steady hand on while fingering his pendant in the other taking in all the blood around him. "what in Verin's word happened here?"

Perrin got up and rose his shield somewhat in case he needed to defend himself. He felt grateful and to a degree pretty self confident for getting the vines off of him. He took a quick glance about the room to see if anyone else was hurt or where Draven was before slowly approaching the Drow and Dwarf not fully sure of their intentions. While also lowering his hand-axe and attaching it in a holster for the time being, seeing he didn't want to fully come off as aggressive himself. Perhaps the two had just panicked in the dark..

(You can delete posts, you know, @kaneki ken. xD )

Oscar looks to the man approaching (and notes him putting away his axe), and appeals to him.

"Do ya know anythin' aboot healin' lad? I'm nah as god at this as I used ta be."

She was still alive. She was in pain, but she wasn't dead which was a good start.

As the room filled with light, it wasn't hard to piece together what had happened. Even less so when the dwarf, bloody axe in hand, said as much. An accident. A misunderstanding. An unfortunate one for her perhaps, but Katrina couldn't really be angry - given the situation she would have probably reacted very similarly if she had the physical capacity to do so.

Or at least that's what she told herself at first, but she recognized the drow from earlier. Her eyes narrowed and she wanted to ask him if he solved all his problems with the edge of a blade, or if he was just looking for excuses to turn them on others, but the pain of her wounds, the crimson pool below her, and the glint of his still-drawn steel convinced her to hold her tongue. Instead she turned her head slightly to the dwarf fumbling with medical supplies as he asked one of the others in the room if they knew anything about healing.

"I'm a healer by trade."

[dice]11592[/dice]

But as she tried to sit up and get a good look at her wounds, she suddenly felt extremely lightheaded. The work that came naturally on the dying and dead was somehow infinitely harder when she was trying to practice on herself. And if she couldn't even get a good look at what she was trying to do she certainly didn't trust herself to patch herself up. "...But I don't think I can do much for myself like this." She let out a pained chuckle - it wasn't exactly funny, but something about the situation made her laugh. "In any case, it hurts, but I think most of it looks worse than it is."

Oscar looks helplessly at the innocent woman he attacked.

He tries to heal her again.

[dice]11638[/dice]

This time, he breathes in and out slowly, and applies the ointment to the gauze without incident. He then, while on this roll, applies the gauze to her stomach first, and wraps it around tightly.

Then her shoulder (His fault. Oops.) he tears part of a cloth around, since it wasn't bleeding as badly, and simply tightens it up.

Finally, her arm, he spreads a gel around on and wraps it in gauze too.

"Try nah to use this arm wit' weapons fer at least the next six hours. Avoid jumpin', an' stretchin' too hard."

He steps back and observes his handiwork.

@Rand - Entarro Toloth

You see the dwarf bandage up the girl and a gnoll come over, set down his weapons and shield and see if the woman is all right.

@Thane Korino - Gerren ‘Perrin’ Paragon

You watch the dwarf bandage up the woman and she appears to be a little better.

@SnakyDragon - Oscar Grouchbeard

You bandage up the woman and the bleeding seems to have stopped but, its no magic. The woman still seems a little fatigued an it will take some time to heal.

@kaneki ken - Ditrillion, @MysticPisces - Illiana Aurelia Myloris, @Shizuo Draven - Draven Barsnap

The room is eerily silent as the dwarf bandages up the injured woman and a gnoll moves across the room where the dwarf is, setting down his weapon and shield. The noise of the metal rung loudly off the walls of the quite room along with any words that were said.

@Anuen - "Blackheart" Katrina Lillvik

You suddenly feel better and the bleeding seems to have stopped (+3hp) but, its no magic. (You will regain 1 hp every hour until you have full hp)

Entarro draws back from the group, watching them . He was sorry about inflicting harm on someone that meant no harm towards him, but he was not sorry he attacked. His action was justified, she jumped on him for whatever reason. Turning from the group, he began approaching the archway. He attempted to meld into the shadows, sneaking towards the sound of receding footsteps.

[dice]11690[/dice]

(B')

Illiana shook her head and the haze that had come over her fell away with it. These people looked familiar. As she scanned their faces, her gaze fell across the noisy, bumbling dwarf patching up the wounded woman. The dwarf! She had laughed at him earlier that night at the inn. "What are you all doing here?" she asked slowly but incredulously. She took a few steps away from the wall to better see the adventurers and the common rabble. As she did so and her footsteps echoed off the walls of the eerily quiet room, Illiana's sensitive ears picked up the sounds of retreating footsteps coming from through the archway. As if a gear had finally been set in place, it all seemed to make sense. The figure in red had appeared outside the inn, it had observed all of them. It was the same footsteps she was hearing now, no doubt. The only common factor between everything was him... and he was getting away!

Without waiting for an answer, Illiana turned to take off in a dead sprint through the archway in pursuit of the red cloak.

"That's all I can do for ya-"

He watches Illiana run away, seemingly chasing after someone, and decides to end this awkward situation and see what all the fuss is about.

"HOLD ON! I'M A-COMIN'!"

He picks up his axes, sheathes them, puts away the bandages, folds his cloak over his sleeve where he tore it to stem the shoulder wound, takes a swig of water, and sprints after her.

Perrin seeing as both the Dwarf and the Drow had already left he proceeded to make his way over to the wounded woman. He pondered chasing after one or the other but abandoning the injured woman would be a horrible thing to do. Besides, he was sure they would come back at some point or another. Seeing as they had generally been along for this so far. He sat down and looked over to her. "So....how've you been...besides..you know the being attacked thing...?" He asked starting to relax somewhat. Although he felt a bit towering at the moment from his overall size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the two run out of the room, Katrina took the opportunity to glance around the room. Mostly other refugees from the town along the hall, one separated from the rest - not visibly cowering in fear, so perhaps she would be a good person to talk to? The nearby crystal suggested magic, and the vines entwined around it could possibly answer some questions about the situation. Then there were those doors-

She didn't face the person who sat down next to her at first, mindlessly giving her stock answer to the question. "Everywhere, I suppose. I haven't lived in one place for a long time now." It wasn't until afterwards that she turned her head, staring quizzically for a moment. She didn't often see gnolls outside their villages, and even more rarely one quite so large. She had only met one, for that matter - the guard of a caravan she had accompanied as a healer. Cautiously she asked the question on her mind: "Is that you, Perrin?"

Perrin chuckled somewhat his tail wagging a little as well. "Yeah it is.." He smiled widely, despite the current odd scenario. One one hand he was feeling a bit awkward but it was mostly due to how he towered over the other, although they did not want to go against their previous thought about trying to gain more weight for certain advantages. "I've been, well, just kind of arrived in the area and started traveling a bit myself.." He leaned back somewhat, starting to ponder about something weird..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back