• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[Dungeon World] Crowns of Old

Cthulhu_Wakes

Black Sun in a White World
So. Leading questions. Community stories. My own brand of horror and fantasy. I've been reading up and am reasonably confident I can lead one of these conversations and throwing of dice to somewhere awesome.

We'll begin with you poor sods bright-eyed heroes venturing into the once-sleepy borderlands of Gow far from the war, far from civilization. There, in the primeval forests, something has been found which has started a gold rush of adventurers and commerce unseen since antiquity! Will you venture forth to cut your own legend?

Tagging interested parties: S Skrakes Teh Frixz Teh Frixz WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning on either a Cleric or an Immolator...
Was thinking about a Fighter too, but probably not since Skrakes is taking the Barbarian.

Are we allowing extra playbooks? I purchased the wrath of the wild book set and I'm dying to use it!

With my GMs permission~

Calliope of the Sootstock ---The Centaur---
NAME: Calliope of the Sootstock Clan, Hunter of Prey and Victim of Wanderlust
A sporting young Centaur, Calliope is primarily a gorgeous Blue Roan with black 'high' markings on all four of her legs, as is traditional in her clan. The black of the markings matches her coal black hair, atop her head and on her tail. (Black Fur) Set against fair, freckled skin are a pair of pale green eyes with the whites muddied around the emerald hue. (Muddy eyes) Hair Naturally long and flowing, it is a currently a wild unkempt mess just barely managed by the mud, smoke, and sticks congealed in it to form rudimentary locks. (Long and Flowing hair) Except for a stolen shawl, Calliope is bare skinned. The only sort of kit worn related to her clan role of hunting. Her hands are heavily stained and almost purposely colored black up to her elbows. (Stained hands) A strong prideful face, with hints of optimism in her eyes. Slightly upturned nose, a well shaped chin, it wouldn't be difficult thing to imagine her in a human court if not for her lower half and bestial behavior.

STR: 13 (+1) INT: 8 (-1)
DEX: 16 (+2) WIS: 9 (+0)
CON: 15 (+2) CHA: 12 (+0)

Level: 1
XP: 0
Damage: d8
HP: 14 (12 + CON)
Armor: 1
Alignment: Neutral (See that Evil is driven away)
Tribal Role: Hunter (Get Hunt and Track starting move from Ranger)

LOAD: 17 (16 + STR)

Flint dagger: -1 damage, 0 weight
Hunting Spear: Close, Thrown, 1 weight

Hide Armor: 1 armor, worn, 1 weight

Bag of stolen possessions: 12gp, 1 weight
Dungeon rations: 5 uses, 1 weight

_____ is as strong and as wild as I.

I do not trust the powers ____ wields, they seem too foul to be used in a good way.

I admire how _____ gets us to work as a team, reminds me of my herd.

____ and I have made a pact to finish this quest together.

Wildthing: Any spell or item that affects animals, specifically horses, affects me.

Trample: When charging an enemy smaller than myself I can trample with my hooves. Roll + CON. 10+ is two damage rolls, one with weapon, one with hooves. Enemy may damage underbelly and ignore armor. 7-9, enemy knocked down, takes hood damage, may damage me as they scramble underfeet.

Four extra fists: Hooves are weapons. (Close, 0 weight) that do d6 per hoof.

Prideful Creature:
Cannot willingly do any of the following...
  • Let anyone ride me
  • Carry anyone's possessions
  • Be saddled or pull a cart like a beast of burden
  • Surrender to an Enemy
  • Be captured alive
One of the herd: No other hunter Centaurs allowed even if I die

Initiate Inebriation: Can consume outrageous amounts of alcohol and function after drinking deadly to humans amounts. When drunk, roll twice for trample attacks and take highest results.

Hunt and Track: When following the path of a passing creature, roll + WIS. On 7+ follow the trail until significant change in direction or mode of travel. On 10+ the GM will either give me useful info on the quarry or determine what caused the trail to end.

WIP!

As civilized species grew and flourished, those unfortunate species of the Wild were destined to fade into obscurity. Far more likely to inhabit dusty old tomes than the well traveled forests inside established kingdoms, the grand majority of the Centaur clans fled to the extremes of the realm. But not all. Living deep in the infamous Thieves wood, beyond the areas were bands of men would make camp, lay the encapsulated world of the Sootstock Clan.

Unwilling to flee like other clans, the Sootstock chose to be surrounded by humanity, even the very name Sootstock comes from the idea that their legs are blackened by the campfires of men and their industry. So hidden away in the deep woods, the Sootstock remained. Holdovers from a wild time and largely unaware of the world outside their small realm.

Unaware until one day, a young hunter named Calliope pushed the boundaries set forth by their chieftain in pursuit of ever dwindling prey. Coming to the edge of the outer woods, Calliope stood in awe of what she saw.

To be fair, it wasn't anything special. What she saw was a stone mill of two stories. To her it was the grandest structure in existence. Trotting forth to investigate, Calliope was entranced by the mill and went inside to see the moving parts first hand. Such was her concentration that when she heard a voice behind her she was startled enough to drop her spear.

A small child was in the mill, approaching her. At least she thought it was a child, the poor thing was malformed with only two legs and no hooves. It was covered in strange hides as well, it's body hidden under layers. It seemed to speak the same tongue though as the little being commanded her to 'shh shhh shhh, that's good, shhh shhh shh' and tried to touch her flank.

Enough was enough and Calliope scooped her spear up and ran off, the child thing a dot in the distance as she turned back to look at the forest line. Unknown yet to Calliope, the experience had triggered something in her that would call her back that night after having packed her things and claimed a lengthy hunting trip to her Clan.

The moon was bright but still dark enough that Calliope could see the little flames in the openings of structures beyond the first one. Moving as if she was hunting, with speed and silence, she found a very well worn path and began traveling, indulging the wanderlust that had consumed her since seeing the structure at the edge of the woods.

Actually, I ditched the Immolator. Not enough options to give it variety for my tastes.
However, the idea of a Druid of the Vast Desert catched my eye.
So either that or the Cleric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back