DreamWorlds

How do you think we should proceed when we get to the Metropolis?

• Remain the same as right now - sticking together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split up in groups of two or three

• Other: [Suggestions welcome!]

• Total voters
JayfeatherRaven said:
Thanks! And yeah, Jayfeather was an all-time favorite of mine. (And his ship with Halfmoon is just OMGGGGG.) My next favorites are Crowfeather and Leafpool, if you've read all the series ;)
True! Good thing I have a habit of checking threads whether I get notifications or not, especially when things start getting (unnaturally) quiet. But thank goodness you guys quoted me this time, or I would never have found my way back xD

Btw, our IC thread seems to be a little inactive these days. When are you guys posting? @thistle @Mitchs98
I read to about the book where they think Hollyleaf might come back, but she hasn't yet. I haven't continued. I used to ADOREEEE the series, and I do like the plot.

But since since started reading Tolkien, I haven't been the same. ;-; Maximum Ride didn't hold up well when I went to reread it, and neither did the Percy Jackson series. I'm stuck around the beginning of the first book, on that one. I mean, the plots for most are fine, but it's the writing, the style of writing! They're too casual, too informal for me now. T~T

AND NOW I CAN NEVER FINISH THE STORIES!!! (Except Maximum Ride, I finished that pretty fast.)

At least there are books and series that I might be able to enjoy! I once started Eragon, but that was rather abrupt and a little jarring, but I'm taking another shot at it! I'm also gonna try to reread and then finish the 13 Treasures series

Welllll that was a long ramble... 对不起! \(•~•)/

JayfeatherRaven said:
Thanks! And yeah, Jayfeather was an all-time favorite of mine. (And his ship with Halfmoon is just OMGGGGG.) My next favorites are Crowfeather and Leafpool, if you've read all the series ;)
True! Good thing I have a habit of checking threads whether I get notifications or not, especially when things start getting (unnaturally) quiet. But thank goodness you guys quoted me this time, or I would never have found my way back xD

Btw, our IC thread seems to be a little inactive these days. When are you guys posting? @thistle @Mitchs98
I was led to believe I was waiting on others omo

JayfeatherRaven said:
Btw, our IC thread seems to be a little inactive these days. When are you guys posting?
*gasp* POSTED! O_O

I really am sorry for the long delay, especially to @Spazzycat101 and @AnEternalWinter. Between attending a graduation and being out of town, there was little time in being able to write something. :/ Thanks for being patient, everyone!

I also didn't mean to disappear this long! I thought time would free up after last Friday but it appears I'm a dirty rotten liar. I'll try to get a post up sometime today

Spazzycat101 said:
I read to about the book where they think Hollyleaf might come back, but she hasn't yet. I haven't continued. I used to ADOREEEE the series, and I do like the plot.
But since since started reading Tolkien, I haven't been the same. ;-; Maximum Ride didn't hold up well when I went to reread it, and neither did the Percy Jackson series. I'm stuck around the beginning of the first book, on that one. I mean, the plots for most are fine, but it's the writing, the style of writing! They're too casual, too informal for me now. T~T

AND NOW I CAN NEVER FINISH THE STORIES!!! (Except Maximum Ride, I finished that pretty fast.)

At least there are books and series that I might be able to enjoy! I once started Eragon, but that was rather abrupt and a little jarring, but I'm taking another shot at it! I'm also gonna try to reread and then finish the 13 Treasures series

Welllll that was a long ramble... 对不起! \(•~•)/
The PJO series and Maximum Ride series were pretty great but not my favorites, but I like Eragon! Believe it or not, I actually watched the movie of it before realizing the book was first 0_0 (Major mistake for a reader, I know.)

But I've never heard of the 13 Treasures...tell me if it's good, after you read it ;) Right now I'm halfway through 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern and it's- *squeal* A-MUH-ZANG!!! xD

P.S Was the Chinese apology a reference that I didn't get? I tend to be a bit slow when it comes to these...><

JayfeatherRaven said:
The PJO series and Maximum Ride series were pretty great but not my favorites, but I like Eragon! Believe it or not, I actually watched the movie of it before realizing the book was first 0_0 (Major mistake for a reader, I know.)
But I've never heard of the 13 Treasures...tell me if it's good, after you read it ;) Right now I'm halfway through 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern and it's- *squeal* A-MUH-ZANG!!! xD

P.S Was the Chinese apology a reference that I didn't get? I tend to be a bit slow when it comes to these...><
No, just a normal apology. I take Chinese, so I just do that sometimes.

I really need to stop sorting through 'young adult' fiction and get a move on into other authors and stories. Unfortunately, the school library has nothing of that sort and while my parents and I own such books, they're both like 'no, you're too young.'

And I cry inside my head

And the decapitate people in Skyrim. :P

JayfeatherRaven said:
Right now I'm halfway through 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern and it's- *squeal* A-MUH-ZANG!!! xD
The imagery she creates for that book is fantastic! :) You should also try "The Book Thief" if you prefer books with stylistic writing.

Spazzycat101 said:
No, just a normal apology. I take Chinese, so I just do that sometimes.
I really need to stop sorting through 'young adult' fiction and get a move on into other authors and stories. Unfortunately, the school library has nothing of that sort and while my parents and I own such books, they're both like 'no, you're too young.'

And I cry inside my head

And the decapitate people in Skyrim. :P
Because I'm curious by nature, what are you scribbling down in Chinese? (And how does that work on your keyboard? @.@)

thistle said:
The imagery she creates for that book is fantastic! :) You should also try "The Book Thief" if you prefer books with stylistic writing.
Because I'm curious by nature, what are you scribbling down in Chinese? (And how does that work on your keyboard? @.@)
Oh, whale, the 对不起 meant 'sorry,' and the keyboard only works because I installed a windows-based keyboard for Chinese. It's done in pinyin, which is basically spelling out the pronunciation in English letters. Then, the characters that have that pinyin spelling show up and you can select them. See, to type 对不起, I have to put down the pinyin. In this case, the pinyin is 'dui bu qi,' so I type that in and the characters pop up in a selection thing.

OOOH

One more book, I forget the author, but the book is called Bird Box. I haven't finished it yet, but it's so crazy incredible!

Oh whoah. If pinyin is the written language, what are you speaking vocally? Mandarin? Cantonese? This is interesting. :D

Being fluent in another language has always been an interest of mine. I took Spanish in high school but because of lack of practice over the years, I can only understand bits and pieces and speak even less. ^^' As for the book, Bird Box, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I've yet to read horror/psychological suspense!

thistle said:
Oh whoah. If pinyin is the written language, what are you speaking vocally? Mandarin? Cantonese? This is interesting. :D
Being fluent in another language has always been an interest of mine. I took Spanish in high school but because of lack of practice over the years, I can only understand bits and pieces and speak even less. ^^' As for the book, Bird Box, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I've yet to read horror/psychological suspense!
No, pinyin isn't the written language. Pinyin is just the way the pronunciations go. The characters are the written languages, but there are so many that its impossible to have a practical keyboard for them. So you type in the pronunciation and BOOM!

And oh, I'm faaaaaaaaaar from fluent. O.o I've only been at it for a couple of years, and I'm only learning simplified characters.

The Booke Thief is honestly one of my favorite all times books. I had read for summer reading my freahman year, and I couldn't put it down! Xwx

*blinks back*

@Mitchs98

Oh, oh! So pinyin is the English pronunciation of the characters you're typing in Mandarin? *scratches head* I think...I get it. A close friend of mine often spoke the language and and it's a pretty language; almost sounds like a fluid string of poetry. :D I hope that goes well for you!

@Spazzycat101

Plucked the book from the shelves of my library on a whim and - completely agree. That novel is a treasure. :)

@Elfia Nightwing

Last edited by a moderator:
I cracked a smile after reading that, yes. x) Was she doing some neato flip through the air or about to do a dynamic pounce on her toy? > :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back