Other Dream Interpretations

SimpleLinguistic

...and the plot thickens.
Welcome to Dream Interpretations!

Here, you'll get “words of knowledge” from your fellow RPNation peers. First, pick any dream you can vividly remember and lay it out clear for said person. After you have everything strung together, sit and wait for the next player to read and grant their take of what they think it means!

• Keep dreams and interpretations within a 2-5 paragraph limit.
  • If someone wants to interpret a dream already done, that's fine too. Just make sure you @ them.
  • If you have extra time, you could even discuss your own interpretation. Compare it to another's.

I've always been a fan of dreams since I was a kid. So this will be intriguing as it is fun!

I have only a single recurring dream and the consistent theme is that my teeth fall out. At first, it feels like just a normal tooth itch. It's like the ones your got when you were younger and your adult teeth are replacing your baby teeth. In the dream, I'll wiggle the accursed tooth and then it'll pop out and for the moment, at the moment the feeling is relieved but it comes back with another tooth. About like 4-5 teeth in, I'll be yanking out whole rows until I've no teeth left.

This dream is all in the first person perspective and I can consciously feel my own hands pry my teeth out.

Additionally, I have a near spotless dental record, save for one adult tooth that got knocked out in an accident when I was much younger.

So, psychological side of RpN -- what does this mean for me? Am I destined to become a lich lord? A god of the undead?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your subconscious may be reflecting fear of disease and/or loss of beauty, what with teeth falling out - but that they are being pulled out by you yourself is interesting. Maybe a figurative itch you can't scratch is manifesting through the dream.

@Coin Teeth falling out is supposedly a standard worry dream, reflecting some kind of anxiety (I get this sometimes, has to be said) - but yeah, you pulling them out is an interesting subversion xD Maybe the teeth are representative of anxiety that you keep trying to get rid off, but they keep coming back, or perhaps a chain of self-perpetuating anxiety? I dunno - I certainly wouldn't rely on dream interpretations for spiritual consultation though, this is just fun speculation xD

I love dreams a ton so I'll be sure to come on here with the next dream I have!

oh wow, dreams. [dusts off dream journal] lets see... this stuff is barely legible! so many random things, cameos.. wow, i found one! no.. wait... why is there a demented drawing in here!? lots of rl friends in here. aww... okay. i found something:

near beginning of dream i was floating/hungry. and the only thing there was were these pills. there's 2 pills. i take both and it makes me unhealthily, unnaturally skinny. i was trying to hide the effects with my green jacket, which ii wore everyday in rl. another person has the same kind of pill, except they take only 1 and they turn out fine. (i think they looked the same) then at the same place, but the pills effects are gone? there's camp fires all around and it's kind of like the grey concrete courtyards of prisons.

anyway there's lots of people around the campfires with red tents and stuff. they tossed their leader out apparently? [and for some reason it says "no one's alive" here in the journal, but that makes no sense?] my friend is there and i check my [nonexistant] laptop and he's my only skype contact. i'm outside this prison courtyard place with him. then i go through the chainlink gate and to the left is this campfires scene and the place is huge and packed. to the right is a giant sofa, as in really long. i continue forward to this corner and it's my kitchen. i open the fridge door and my grandma's fridge opens right next to it. i then eat cereal but i dont remember what kind...

i go on the couch [dunno what happened to the cereal] and i keep scooting over, trying to follow some guy. some girl grabs me and i stay on the couch. the group of campers, who are all guys, grab their tents and i go back through the kitchen, take a right and go up some stairs. the stairs wind to the right again, so i've gone up to a second story and done a 180.

it has graveyard fog. i don't recognize the place, but it's dark and appears to be a hallway. i go through a broken doorway, parts of the whole place are broken, and i'm in a bedroom that i also don't remember. then there's a ghost or a spirit of some sort or something and narration, [the narrator's a guy] [dont really remember the ghost of the narrator's voice that well] and then the floor opens, which i'm being sucked into. i try to hold on to the edge of the hole, but it just sucked me through anyway. the narration stops right about now i think.

so then the hole plops me down on the first floor, right around where i started the dream. i have to use the walls and the fence and rocks on the ground and such to move myself, since the hole is trying to suck me through still [kind of how like astronauts get around in a space station]. i get back to the gate and the hole stops trying to pull me in. then i go sit on the couch again. then ?, and then i must've waken up. i think i could hear the alarm too, but not exactly sure.

@Coin - It took me some time to really gauge what kind of message this may mean. I'm never one to lean all my understanding on first impressions, and that takes a lot of time for me to sift through. Anyway, I think I have a good one for ya. It doesn't sound as bleak as it sounds. : )

The dream screams many circles of life. That common itch you feel when a tooth is ready to be loosed, is a good thing! It represents transition and change. Like any person, staying in one chapter or phase of life just isn't feasible. Your life is bound to make a second, third, etc. So, each tooth represents the present and living out the cycle that's good for you in the now. As it loosens, you're ready to tackle something new. At the point you pull a tooth, that is you closing a chapter and embracing a new path, a new scene and a healthy change.

Now, at the tail end of your dream as you drastically pull teeth out in droves, heed with some caution. Try not to rush opportunities, take time to slow down and smell the flowers. Don't get hasty with emotions that could possibly deviate you from the correct path your supposed to be on. But, instead, be still. Everything has its own time, its own place and eventually everything intertwines for the greater good, even if in moments things look bleak.

As for lich lord...it's a proven fact that 10\10 people die. So...I'd say you're onto something here, ha.

@Amerikia1126 - Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to have to sit and stew on this one for awhile....a lot of HUZZAH going on here! But one thing is certain. I never take dreams figuratively and there's a lot of digging I'm going to have to do. (flees)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'll go ahead and post a scary reoccuring nightmare I had as a child.

I dreamt I was older and my friends and I walked into this abandoned house to explore (it strangely had the same layout as my church, along with other similarities). This creepy man came out in the chapel and said we could never leave. We didn't believe him and tried to leave, but he killed one of my buddies. Another attacked him out of rage with a bow and arrow, only to have the arrow change course shoot back into him. It ended up that we were running and hiding all over the house trying to survive. We eventually found a group of people who lived there, getting around in secret tunnels. One of the tunnels led out of the house, and one of the people agreed to lead us to safety.

The evil man showed up as we tried to leave, and fought with the one trying to save us. It ended up with the good man being killed in a swordfight. In the end we escaped through the tunnel, then went to a party. It was like even though our buddies just died, we were fine and decided to have some fun.

This dream scared the heck out of me when I was little, haha.

I seem to have a lot of reoccurring themes in a lot of my dreams.

1. People being mauled to death. Mainly people I know. Often by animals. I've been told as a child I would watch as my family got mauled by wild animals in my dream. In one dream, I shredded my cat into pieces after an argument with my father. Then I wondered why I did it and feared I'd go to jail.

2. My father is somehow the ultimate bad guy in my dreams. We argue at each other because he is being unreasonable or he's just somehow ~evil~. One dream, I was back with my ex and didn't want to celebrate a Jewish holiday with my family and my father kicked me out of the house (followed by shredding my cat)

3. After my ex boyfriend also became my ex friend without proper explaination (in real life) he began to continously show up in my dreams. Either as my boyfriend again, or somehow we began to talk again and then I'd remember the real situation irl and would begin to scream and shout at him. He's been appearing in my dreams almost every night.

I'm pretty sure a lot of my dreams are anxiety related, and I do have trouble with my father sometimes because he's hothead ed and stubborn as a mule, but he isn't as bad as he appears in my dreams, but.I'm honestly not sure about the whole people being mauled to death by animals and this guy constantly showing up in my dreams every night. It has never happened with anyone else I knew in my life. But I would love to hear people's take on this.

I had a dream about four weeks ago that still crosses my mind every once in a while.

It all started with the announcement that basically the whole town I live in (which has a population of roughly 1,900) was going on a massive field trip. It was to a city I can't remember the name of, but the city was a sight to behold. The place had so many vivid, beautiful colors in it. Everything was lively and wonderful. Everyone was infatuated with the place by the time we had to leave.

The amount of time allotted to us to enjoy the sights and spectacles was a week. So many things happened in that fictional week.

However, I'm going to focus on the few events involving one person in particular.

I had (and think I still have) this friend named Sierra who I care for deeply. Naturally, she was invited to the field trip despite the fact that she lived in a smaller community more on the outskirts of town. I asked if she would hang out with me at least once during the week. She said yes.

Over the course of the week, I found her hanging out with a girl named Stephanie who had a bright red car. Sierra would promise me every day that we would hang out, but I found that she was hanging out with Stephanie instead when the time came to do so.

She finally kept her word on Friday, but ditched me in the middle of it all just to go hang out with Stephanie again. There was no explanation for this and it happened when she thought I wasn't looking. I got so mad/upset that I refused to talk to her for a while after and she was absolutely baffled by that.

This all happened between the nonsense events that my brain thinks is hilarious to throw at me while sleeping.

Sorry if this was a little too long. ^^;

I actually wrote about a dream I had when I was younger in the "poetry" section awhile ago ^_^

A lot of symbolism, if you want to take a crack at interpreting it I'd thoroughly enjoy hearing your opinion.

Poetry - The Path to Success

[QUOTE="Divine Intervention]I had a dream about four weeks ago that still crosses my mind every once in a while.
It all started with the announcement that basically the whole town I live in (which has a population of roughly 1,900) was going on a massive field trip. It was to a city I can't remember the name of, but the city was a sight to behold. The place had so many vivid, beautiful colors in it. Everything was lively and wonderful. Everyone was infatuated with the place by the time we had to leave.

The amount of time allotted to us to enjoy the sights and spectacles was a week. So many things happened in that fictional week.

However, I'm going to focus on the few events involving one person in particular.

I had (and think I still have) this friend named Sierra who I care for deeply. Naturally, she was invited to the field trip despite the fact that she lived in a smaller community more on the outskirts of town. I asked if she would hang out with me at least once during the week. She said yes.

Over the course of the week, I found her hanging out with a girl named Stephanie who had a bright red car. Sierra would promise me every day that we would hang out, but I found that she was hanging out with Stephanie instead when the time came to do so.

She finally kept her word on Friday, but ditched me in the middle of it all just to go hang out with Stephanie again. There was no explanation for this and it happened when she thought I wasn't looking. I got so mad/upset that I refused to talk to her for a while after and she was absolutely baffled by that.

This all happened between the nonsense events that my brain thinks is hilarious to throw at me while sleeping.

Sorry if this was a little too long. ^^;

[/QUOTE]
May very well represent an insecurity. Fear of rejection, feelings of neglect, etc.

@Amerikia1126

My interpretation is going to be all over the place. Kind of like your dream. I'm giving it my best shot here. I could be totally off basis, but just doing my best tackling it.

As you float, this maybe a sign there's something in your life you're trying to rise above. 2 pills represent a decision you have to make. However, you take both in haste and in this case it maybe problematic. Could be there's many influencing factors surrounding your life from people, unresolved situations and possibly even current ones.

I think this dream paints a lot of pressures you're trying to come to terms with and your in a direction that maybe good for a person or situation. For you, not so much. Like you're hiding the decision you want to make and you keep it hidden.

It's clear you're a thoughtful person. Trying to rationalize a solution that leaves all involved happy. Though, that's a good quality to have, I get the sense you're an internalizer and repress what you want to do or say to keep all around content. Or maybe a situation you think makes you happy but inwardly you're questioning if it does or not so much any more. Rejecting your heart of the matter for others benefit and it isn't healthy.

The green jacket is a facade and you hide in it a lot. You value others happiness, even at the expense of your own. Thus, you keep your voice on tender things concealed. The group of campers could represent a group of people, maybe the number of times you held a person up or each time you left what you wanted to say unspoken. You don't like to disappoint and this can most assuredly leave you hanging.

Because this interpretation is getting long winded, I'm going to use key symbols of your dream and a few sentences as to what the dream might mean.

Camp out/ camp fire : temporary placements in life. Packing up means moving on. Those leaving are the choices you have to make so those can pack up their tents, which is indeed closure.

Concrete jail walls: Reflects how you feel; a cycle that is starting to take its toll.

No one's alive: Break free from whatever it is that prevents you from moving forward. Words are just a scare tactic. Pay no heed to it.

Friend with (nonexistant ) laptop - You need a confidant, something familiar and you could use someone to talk about your stresses. Your self confidence and strong independence keep you from reaching out to anyone. (I'm guilty of this too ahahaha.)

Stairs - a higher road; climb to new horizons.

Right - usually a decision that will benefit you down the line, just have to take that step.

Tents- Temporary destinations in life, packing up and leaving to progress of your own choices.

The color red - Passionate/Courageous

Tossed leader - In this sense I feel is an allegory. Representing yourself. You need to speak out more often, you have a lot more wisdom than you think.

You being the primary focus of the dream. You're very independent, a great thing to possess but we all need to accept help every once in awhile.

Fog - is a state of confusion.

Graveyard - A sign you need to bury and lay certain things to rest.

Broken doorway - Looking for repair. It will take you to do your fixing.

Ghost - (This is going to be a bit longer.) This could be one of two scenarios.

1. The narrator represents a foe, playing a cruel joke all the while trying to keep you in a loop that repeats itself. ( I think of the times you hear of people who encounter ghosts : some say they're mischievous/ malicious entities; other say they are curious/harmless)

2. He could be trying to take you back to the beginning rooting for you to break down these walls and familiar patterns that don't further you to solid opportunities. Hoping for your success in finding your way out.

Forgotten dialogue: Since you don't remember what he said. Maybe something in your life you're struggling to forget, but it's too deep to accomplish that. A fight you won't win.

Hole/fall - You hiding from your own voice causes you to stumble and it plagues you. As you plop back down to the start of your dream, that means it's never too late to go about things in a different approach, and placing yourself ahead of things for a change. It doesn't mean you're inconsiderate of others but you're on the verge of your own and that's a blessing. Speak your mind, girl.

The helpers in the dream - Are true friendships with a solid foundation. They won't hold anything against you for speaking up against things you may not agree with. Instead they may take what you have to say to heart.

The guy fleeing out of your reach - Could represent those who may not like your voice one bit and will disappear from your life. And, because you're so caring you're afraid of that happening, but sometimes it's inevitable. They may not be the kind of people you personally connect with and life will help you weed out the toxicity. Not because you're wrong, but they're not meant to aid you on your journey and you know what...? That's okay.

Having a heart is definitely a good thing, but your paths are waiting. Fall as many times you need to figure it all out, that's life. People who lean on you TOO much...know it's okay to let them figure things out on their own and take the time to focus on you.

Last but not least.

The couch - It represents rest and contentment, cause you'll persevere.

(That got really long and deep....sorry about that haha)

I'm going to list two dreams I've had in the past. The first is a reoccurring dream I had when I was about 7. The second I had a few months after my boyfriend and I broke up.

1. I was sleeping, when a figure appeared above me. It looked like a grim reaper. It tried to take me, but my mom woke up. She challenged it on the terms that if it won, it could take her, and if she won, it would leave.

The next thing I know, my family is outside of the apartment building, and my mom has a sword since the reaper has a scythe. They fight for a few minutes, and my mom manages to cut the reaper. He falls to the ground, and my mom turns to us with a smile on her face, celebrating her victory. Then, her face falls, and then I see the reaper grinning behind her and the scythe through her. She falls to the ground as the reaper moves toward my family.

That's the first dream. It absolutely terrified me as a kid.

2. I was back in my middle school, and the bell had just rang at the end of the day. We all went outside to board the buses, and my boyfriend was walking me to my bus. After I got on my bus, I was looking out the window. I saw him with one of my best friends (who he later dated in rl). I could tell she was flirting with him, she was my best friend after all.

I got off my bus and walked over to them. She just glanced at me like I was intruding on them or something. I grabbed him and pulled him to the side. He started trying to explain what was going on so I slapped him. Then I started screaming about how he wasn't loyal and my screams included a break up.

Then I began walking away. He kept calling for me, but I was ignoring him. Then randomly, I ran back to him and kissed him.

The last part confuses me the most. Also, we didn't break up on bad terms, so I don't know why I would make him look so bad in my dreams.

I had this dream a lot when I was younger, and I've recently started to have it again. I would wake up and go to school much like normal. I would talk to my friends, do everything I would normally do. However, the teachers couldn't see me. I would be completely ignored for the day, and when I got home, I found one of my old school reports on the table, except it would be filled with x's and in the comment it would say "Who?" I would generally wake up around then, but one night (recently) I had another part, where my dad comes home. He looked at me weirdly, and kicked me out.

When I was young, and occasionally even now, I had an extremely strange dream that never made sense to me.

It starts out with my two cousins, both girls, and I out in an enormous field of wildflowers and daisies as far as the eye could see. There was a worn out brown picket fence that I climbed over and walked away from them both, looking for something more interesting. I turned to the right though and there was all of a sudden a large car storage building. In Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, at the end in the circular car building, that's exactly what it was.

I walked over and found a door leading inside, and decided to go in. Looking up I see shelved cars leading up, up and up, before disappearing among the shadows of the unseen ceiling. Looking down, I see nothing but an endless black pit. I turn to leave but the door has disappeared, and when I look around again there is an older male biker-looking man decked out in leather, and being frank, a whore hanging on his arm. He says something like, "You're trespassing," but I can't remember exactly. He starts hitting me with a baseball bat, and knocks me into the pit.

The many times I've had it, I've never hit the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back