• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Drawing advice wanted

Truff

One Thousand Club
Hey all! I got a drawing pad for my laptop for Christmas. I've been wanting to get into digital drawing for a while now, so I gave it my first shot today. I'm not super thrilled with it! I found myself struggling with several things and I would love for any tips and tricks from you guys. I've been looking at all your drawings and I could learn a lot from you guys! 

Ballerina.jpg

You've probably heard this before, but practice is extremely important, especially when using a drawing tablet for the first time. It takes time to get used to it, for one, and then to learn how to use whatever program you have. For the drawing itself, though, that depends on you. Do you want your style to be unique? Realistic? Cartoonish? Maybe a mix of all three? Or do you want to know how to do all three separately? Really, you shouldn't worry too much about making your style look an exact certain way, but you should know that you can influence it and what directions it takes. Heck, maybe you'll have multiple styles for different scenarios that is a thingthat can happen. What I find really helps, though, is watching sppedpaints and seeing how they make it and test out some techniques they used to see what works for me. Reading about drawing, looking at pictures, and playing around with your drawings to find your own methods is also a really good idea. It may take years for you to reach the level you want to be at, but it when you get there it will be worth it.

That's my thoughts and experiences, and I don't know if it will work for you, but I hope I was able to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back