• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragons Riders of Argan

(no more fancy posts, too hard on the phone. This is all week. )

Eden sighed and patted her hair down lightly, watching the man carefully before leaving him be, If he needed her, he would call her over. Eden went off on her own, saying her greeting to a few of the other members, checking on her own members before Ryu came and picked her up. Finally, to get away from the crowd and loud noise, Eden went outside, sighing deeply as she pulled her hair out of the bun/braid and walked in toe garden. The white lace on her dress glowed in the moonlight as she walked along the path surrounded by different types of flower bushes.

This was the time that Eden got lost in her thoughts, the thoughts of the war tomorrow, the thoughts of all the chaos that is about to happen. She trained her whole life for this, now this is her time.

Just then, Ryu landed behind her, the dragon making a purring noise as she nuzzled the girls back lovingly. "are you okay my dear?" the dragon asked, moving her head around to look Eden in the face. "Yes Ryu, I'm fine. Just lost in thoughts, may tomorrow be our biggest victory yet." she told the dragon, touching her face against the dragon as she dragon purred louder. "yes M'lady, and we will win it side by side." The dragon cooed back at her.

After that, Ryu and Eden sat outside together, Eden sitting on Ryu's back so her dress didn't get dirty. The dragon was so loving, always taking care of her like she was her own baby. Whatever happened to Eden, Ryu was there to defend her. That, my friends, was true love, the love that a dragon has for its keeper, the bond that a dragon and it's human has. A bond that can never be broken.~
Davod Davod Blitzer Blitzer FireMaiden FireMaiden Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Cronix Cronix (and @anyoneelsethatimissed and wants to interact )

Emilia Ardent & Archer
Archer was just about finishing up his meal when he and Emilia heard someone approach. Emilia took one look and recognized him as a Captain in her unit. A superior and one that's an elf? That's rare. Emilia was about to answer when Archer growled at the newcomer.

"Archer..." Emilia whispered in a strict tone. "I don't trust him! That shy boy act is just so he can make you lower your guard and try to get a chnace to procreate with you!"

"Pfft..." Emilia looked away with a mixture of amusement and embarrassment. She wondered how the heck did Archer get that idea. She lightly tapped Archer on the snout making him give her a pained look.

"I-I'm sorry Captain... It seems that my dragon had some.... Unfortunate thoughts about your approach..." Emilia took a moment to compose herself. Once again, Archer managed to get her stoic mask to break but she was happy he did. When the Captain approached earlier, she was rather nervous but not anymore.

"Name's Emilia Ardent and this annoying partner of mine is called Archer. Again, I apologize for my dragon's behavior." Emilia said, bowing slightly. Archer still glared at Vaalyun. Like a very defensive puppy the size of a wagon. With wings. And fire breath.

Cronix Cronix

Vaalyun felt much more relaxed once he felt the wall around the girl, Emilia start ro crumble. He did of course take notice of the dragon's glares, but more importantly he took notice of his own staring daggers into the newly introduced Archer. He couldn't help but to stifle a giggle of his own.

"It's quite alright," he assured, "It's nice to meet both you Emilia and your lovely dragon Archer," he complimented in a gentlemanly manner.

"I hope both you and your dragon have had your full share of meal?" He asked, it seemed he was feeling better already, to which he earned a "I told you so," by his dragon.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

He could sense Thalia talking to her dragon. Telepathic connection required little mana but the flow was there. He could hijack it, but what was the point of doing that? Acusa snorted into his brain. Yeah Acusa would also hate that. "Well If I can't also terrify people I'm failing at my job," He smirked.
"I don't drink. Not very very wise in our line of work to lose your mind at any time." He raised his eyebrow when she said alternative goals for knowing him. He stepped closer to her, and looked sharply into her eyes. "What other goals could that me." He held his gaze steady while taking her glass of wine from her. "Thats enough for you tonight. We have to be at peak condition tomorrow remember."

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Emilia Ardent & Archer
"Yes, it was rather filling compared to the usual stuff they give. ...... I guess...." Emilia replied, going back to her earlier position of leaning against Archer's side with her arms crossed. Her gaze was focused out onto the cool and wide starlit sky. The gentle breeze coming into the stables blew her hood back slightly as the moonlight lit up her face. Emilia isn't too plain but she's not considered beautiful. Her features were mostly human but her elven heritage is visible for people to see if they know where to look. But if anything, there was something about her eyes. The moonlight made its greenish colour easy to see but there seemed to be barely any life in them. Archer lost interest in glaring at Vaalyun and his dragon and glanced at Emilia with a look of concern. "Emmy?"

"Captain, I have a question for you...." Emilia suddenly asked after a brief moment of silence, startling Archer by her sudden words. "If I recall... There is a party going on for Nobility and Officers. Seeing as how you are a Captain, well...." Emilia turned to look Vaalyun right in the eye. "Why aren't you there, then? I mean, I'm only a simple Soldier and I was adopted so I'm not exactly invited but then again, I'd probably not turn up even if they asked."

"Emmy, you are being weird again... Oh well, as long as its not as long as last time then I'm sure you're fine." Archer snorted and gently nudged Emilia with his body. That earned him a gentle pat on his side.

Cronix Cronix

The half-elf felt the cool breeze against his skin, and it tousled his hair softly. What he was more focused on was the fact that the soldier before him wasn't completely human. It was easy for him to see it, since he was just like her. It was little things that made the difference in the end. The empty look in her eyes disturbed him in a sad way, because he knew the look. He, after all, had seen it in his own reflection.

"Why I'm not there?" He asked surprised at her inquisition, "Even being a captain I am still part of the black dragoneers," he stated coldly, "Even if I was of a higher rank, like you, I probably wouldn't be very welcome," he said drifting off. Vaalyun avoided explicitly stating the obvious, he knew what she was but he wouldn't out right say he did. He knew it was a sensitive subject to most, and he wouldn't want to make her anymore uncomfortable then she already was. If she was smart she'd pick up the signs in his own features.

Emilia Ardent & Archer
"Hm...? What do you... Oh. Pardon me, Captain... I-I should have realized... I'm sorry." Emilia took one glance at Vaalyun before realizing her mistake. The Captain was of elven heritage like herself! Of course he wouldn't be welcome. Emilia sighed and went back to staring at the sky with a slightly guilty expression on her face. Archer sensed the distress Emilia was feeling and folded his wing over her in a hug of sorts. Emilia gently patted his wing in silent thanks while keeping her stoic visage set. The small smile and snicker from before was long gone and replaced by her usual bored looking expression.

"Emmy, you are feeling sad again." Archer spoke in her head. Emilia simply nodded slightly. No words were needed to tell Archer any further but he was slightly happy. He could feel that this sadness wasn't for Emilia herself but rather Emilia felt sad for their young Captain. If Emilia were to guess, she would think that Vaalyun was either her age or younger and his rank was probably paid for by his Noble family. But if Emilia knows anything about Nobility is that they are cruel, spiteful bigots with a penchant for purity. All for magic power. But Emilia knew that her human side was Nobility by blood. After all, she could use magic. And all without proper knowledge or instruction.

"..... Captain, if you really don't mind me asking.... Do you.... by chance.... hate the fact that you are part elf?" Emilia suddenly asked. An innocent question from one half-breed to another. At least, that's what she thinks. She vaguely remembers her human mother and had no idea who her elven father is. But what does it matter. Her father was a hunter named Edward Ardent.

Cronix Cronix

Vaalyun watched the realization hit the young soldier, and part of him was sad that she knew exactly what he meant. He watched the endearing moment between dragon and rider, and his heart ached. He knew the bond the two shared just as well because him and his own dragon were the same.

"There is no need to be sorry," he assured, "Our kind know each others pain after all," he sighed. "Master," the dragon spoke in Vaalyun's head, "This girl... Is like you then..." she realized. Vaalyun only silently nodded in response. Buraki understood the silent suffering that went along with being a half-breed. He felt her melancholy sadness fill his mind and he sighed again.

Vaalyun was shocked by the girl's question, but not in a bad way. "Of course," he stated, "How can I not when it's a curse, a blemish on my life," he spoke softly. Although he wouldn't tell the girl, he was talking about his mother. The whore who left her son because he wasn't good enough for her to stay. "I hope you don't mind, if I ask in return, what did your dragon say about me that was so disparaging?" He asked, hoping to lighten the young soldier's mood.

Last edited:
GM: The evening draws to close. Officers close to being drunk are being dragged off by their spouses and the party is winding down. The few people that drink on have no duties the next day. However, now the black dragoneers begin to prepare for their midnight departure which is coming close. The few people in the party begin to say their goodbyes.

Comet Comet FireMaiden FireMaiden Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Cronix Cronix @Beowulf

Thalia Montilyet
Thalia didn't say anything as he took her glass, he did have a point. Yet she chuckled at his questions of alternative motives. "My grandfather has a public image to uphold. You are the generals son, for me to be seen talking to you would spark small rumors with nobles who have nothing better to do than gossip. Which means, my grandfather gets more...business, for a lack of better terms. But, that doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed our chat, albeit short." She gave him a smirk, looking back into his eyes since he was already looking into hers; though shifted her weight a bit. Heels do hurt after all. She then glanced around. "I believe its time for you to go, do try to have fun leaving a bit early." Blitzer Blitzer

Akemi laughed softly at her reasons. "No one would care that you didn't talk to me. I know your grandfather and you ignored people you should have talked to as his granddaughter. They already do talk about you a lot for obvious reasons." Karan sighed softly.
"They talk quite a bit about both of us. No, we all talk a lot about each other, and I monitor it all as best I can. And yest I must leave you."
Akemi bowed, took her hand, and kissed it feather light. "I expect we will be seeing each other. Do try not to be killed my lady."
Akemi turned and his black cloak fluttered as he exited the party. He strode over to the barracks. It was time for war.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow FireMaiden FireMaiden Cronix Cronix

Thalia Montilyet
Thlaia watched him leave, her lips pulled into a faint smirk. He, yet again, had a point. She had ignored the ones she was supposed to talk to, not all of them of course, but the few she didn't want to talk to. They criticized both her mother and father, she it always took all of her energy not to go off and punch them square in the jaw. With a quick look around, she saw her grandfather get up, and start to make his way over to her. Thalia decided to meet him half way, where she was greetes by a hug and a kiss on the cheek. They chatted for a few minutes, before his advisor felt it was time for him to leave. With one last hug and good biddings, the two left Thalia. Who decided to go and collect her fellow Lieutenant.

Walking over to where Eden had sat him down, she smiled down at him. "My dear Edward, why are you not home yet? Cone, I'll help you if you need it, but it is time to go," She said. Davod Davod

(This one's really short sorry)

Edward's had had started clearing as Thalia came to help him up, but was still unsteady. "Thank you Thalia. I'll owe you," he managed to get out. Edward called over Magenta who thankfully agreed to pick him up. "Again Thalia, thank you."

With that, Magenta picked him up and threw him onto her back. Edward passed out on the way back to his house but managed not to to fall of. By the time he got home, it was very late. His mother helped him to bed. God I'm going to have the worst hangover. Yeah you are!

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Last edited:
Eden watched everyone fly off into the night to get ready for tomorrow. Sighing, she sat up and got on top of Ryu, making sure she didn't rip her dress. "let's go Ryu, we need to go get ready for battle." she dragon huffed, agreeing as she spread her wide wings and took off. Being a super fast dragon, the reached home quickly, Eden changing quickly into her armour and walking back out to Ryu who was also in her armour.

"for now, it's the black and gold Dragoneers out there, we will go later. But for now, we will check on everyone else and see if they're ready. " Eden then quickly climbed onto the back of Ryu and took off once again, checking on everyone in her unit, making sure they were ready. Eden didn't get drunk last night, sadly, but at least she wasn't feeling sick today.

She saw a few of the Gold and Black Dragoneers getting ready for the war, seeing Thalia. She flew down to the girl, landing her small dragon close to her bigger one. "Hello Thalia. Are you ready?" she asked, Ryu glaring up at Thalia's bigger dragon. Of course Ryu has to have some type of resentment to another dragon, it's how Ryu protects Eden.

Eden patted Ryu's neck, the dragon being snapped out of her jealousy trance and calmed down. "Don't mind Ryu by the way, she's always like this with other dragons. "
FireMaiden FireMaiden

OOC: Comet Comet Only the black dragoneers leave tonight. The gold dragoneers are on hold for the morning invasion. Orders will come through the general.

Thalia Montilyet
Thalia had left the party, and headed to the stables where the dragons were. Nirvana was waiting for her, having already been fed, but not content with Thalia sleeping so far away. The woman agreed with her dragon, and planned to sleep there with her, the thought of the silk sheets and warm blankets already almost enough to make her want to sleep in last dawn, when she normally rose. No, she couldn't risk it. So after just briefly stopping by her grandfather's to leave the dress, and grab what she had left, Thalia was now setting up to sleep in an uncomfortable situation to most, yet something Thalia was use to.

As she was sitting her her bed roll, she heard the thick leathery sound of a dragon landing not to far away. When she turned to look, it was Eden and her mini dragon. Thalia smiled at her, "Oh, hello again Eden!" She was quiet happy to see her again, she had enjoyed their brief conversation earlier. "Ready for tomorrow, yes. Though I am not particularly excited."

Thalia was in fact looking forward to it though she said otherwiss. Fighting for her country with many other brave men and women, it was almost like the stories she was told as a child. She was almost jealous of the Black Dragoneers, but they were most likely going out to scout the battle feild. When Eden mentioned Ryu's behavior, she glanced from the smaller dragon to her's. Nirvana was paying very little attention to the new dragon, and was more interested in Eden. "There's no need for you to apologize or for her to worry. Nirvana won't do anything." Comet Comet

(damn, I keep fucking up and I'm sorry. Blitzer Blitzer )

Eden smiled softly. "Yeah, it leaves a little nervous feeling in my stomach. " she replied to Thalia's answer. She could tell her dragon was paying attention to her and not Ryu, so she held out her hand in greeting to the dragon. "So, you guys are heading out tomorrow, and I believe the Green Dragoneers are heading out... I don't know actually. I haven't got word yet." she sighed, still looking up at the dragon.
(I'm so sorry it's short, I'm rushing causw I'm out with family. FireMaiden FireMaiden )

Thalia Montilyet
"My grandfather told me it's just pre-battle jitters. They'll be gone by the time we're out, then hit ya again right before our fumurst battle," She said with a small chuckle. "At least, that's what he said." She picked up her sword and sheild, moving them off the bench where she laid out her bedroll. "Yes, we are. Pretty early if I remember correctly. That's why in staying here instead of the estate like I planned. I might sleep in if I sleep under silk sheets and warm blankets." Comet Comet

Colonel Akemi walked to the prep grounds of the Black dragoneers where their was a bustle of activity. The final preparations were being completed for their departure. He grabbed his pack and slung it over Acusa who muttered about being a beast of burden. It was a cold night. Appropriate for a night that was for war. Yes, it would be a cold night. He gave the order to be mounted and in line in 15 minutes. A shiver ran up his spine. He felt it, the end of the magic that prevented armies from waging wars. Yes, tonight was a cold night.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Cronix Cronix

Emilia Ardent & Archer
Pre-timeskip
"Hm... I... see." Emilia simply replied. She wasn't at all surprised with the Captain's answer. After all, she was different herself but she found herself feeling oddly... enraged at his earlier comment about "knowing each other's pain". She already guessed that the Captain was Nobility, half-elf or not, and that his rank was probably bought. Much like most officers of Noble blood.

"Emilia... Calm yourself... He doesn't know nor does he need to. Let's just forgive him for his mistake." Archer sensed Emilia's creeping anger and quickly tried to calm her. She simply took a deep breath and exhaled. She wanted to tell the young Captain about the pains she felt and would gladly list out how he was much better off but she knew it wouldn't be worth it. Luckily, the lingering rage was snuffed out by the Captain's question to her.

"Oh that...? Um...." Emilia started fidgiting slightly, not even daring to face the young Captain. The memory of what Archer said still fresh in her and Archer's mind.

"Uh... Y-you see... He said that.... Uh.... T-that...." Emilia could feel her cheeks slowly warming up in what is obviously a blush. "He simply..."

"Okay... This is new..." Even Archer was slightly wierded out by Emilia's sudden bashfulness. Emilia can't seem to say it. Hell, how could she say it? Might as well just say it then...

"H-he said that... Your shy act was just a cover to lower my guard so you can...." Emilia's words slowly got softer until it was barely a mutter. She shook the embarressment away and looked at Vaalyun dead in the eyes. "So you can have a chance to bed me."

Post-Timeskip
The small chat she had with the Captain earlier was now pushed to the back of her mind. After that awkward last question, Emilia went to busy herself with preperations for the flight. Her spare musket and quiver of arrows along with her pack was secured onto Archer's saddle while her regular rifle was leaning on Archer's side. With nothing much left to do, Emilia was busy checking the condition of her composite bow. She was worried about the condition of the bow string so she had it replaced with a new one. Even so, she kept checking it and for good reason.

"Oh? Isn't that the same old bow you desperately looked for when I first met you?" Archer asked, staring at Emilia as she worked. To his surprise, Emilia started smiling. It was a small, sad smile but it was a welcome sight from her usual glum look.

"Yes. It belonged to my Father. He thought me how to hunt with this bow..." Emilia happily recalled the time she shot her first deer. It was a miss but old Edward was patient and loving towards her, praising her for hitting a random fruit tree while they walked home.

"And now we are using it to hunt people. Don't you find that odd?" Archer wondered as Emilia got up from the floor, the bow grasped in her hand. Emilia looked at Archer with a surprisingly wild look in her eyes as she smiled softly. Unlike the happy smile, this one was downright murderous.

"Not one bit."

Cronix Cronix Blitzer Blitzer

Sigmund Valayar
A distressed sigh resounded through the corridor that Sigmund traversed - the empty space acting to echo the originally soft sound that escaped from the captain's mouth to a considerable extent - acting as the makeshift soundtrack for the Captain's act of fixing his uniform as he anxiously distanced himself from the hall that held the party. It wasn't hard to understand the reason of his frustration, as he passed most of the night being bombarded by the attention of the crowd while the sub-officials under him managed to somehow sneak away and leave all the unwelcome attention to himself, a situation that while not uncommon when considering the Gold Dragoneers popularity was still extremely annoying, especially for someone like Sigmund, that is fairly unskilled in the social exchange of pleasantries common to nobility. "You seem awfully frustrated, mate. Are you perhaps unsatisfied with the lack of time to enjoy the party? We can always find more occasions for you to demonstrate the amazing social skills of the Valayar family." Indra's voice responded to the sigh through telepathy, letting his rider clearly notice the chuckles that accompanied the seemingly serious speech, letting clear that he was teasing his rider. "Don't even joke about that, I'm already about to throw up after all this blabbering. Even war sounds considerably better than this." He said, the mental link letting clear the frustration that he felt not only about the social gathering but also the announcement of war, that clearly made him feel frustrated - Well, at least for the Dragon that shared a bond with him. "Anyway, I'm thinking about going to the stables now, are you up for a quick ride?" He asked, proceeding to take the way to the stables without even bothering to hear the answer, as he could clearly feel the willingness of the Dragon through the telepathic link.

It didn't take long for Sieg to find his way to the stables, managing to arrive there earlier than his Dragon - that was formerly stationed in a propriety of his family, fairly distant from the Targan's stable - and, consequently, arriving in time to see two girls and their dragons interacting, with one of them being a person that he recognized and was especially interest in talking with. "Oh my... What a pleasant surprise." He exclaimed while approaching the girls, his bearing showing the same nonchalance as always - a fairly common scene if not by the somehow icy glance that he directed to Thalia. "I'm really glad to see that the sacrifice of your captain managed to get you the time to exchange your dress for some comfortable clothing and laze around, miss Montilyet." He started, directly talking with his subordinate instead of complimenting the pair - an act that demonstrated clearly the annoyance he felt in despite of the casual tone he used. "I'm sure he didn't mind having to deal with half of the capital's nobility by himself."
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Comet Comet

Thalia Montilyet
And there it was. A voice Thalia didn't want to hear until the next day. Her captain. One she looked up to, and was very fond of in a friendly matter, she was not however, very fond of when he did... that. She held back a sigh, and turned to face Sigmund. "Well, I hope he didn't mind as I was speaking to Akemi. And mingling, as we should, our duties as nobles. But, thank you for dealing with them in the end. Those who were left, test my patience. My grandfather send his regards by the way," She said, now leaning against the stable wall.

"This, is Eden, Green Drgoneers. Same rank as you I believe," Thalia the added, introducing who she was. "Sir, if I may, why are you here? Wouldn't you rather be spending time with your family or with one of the many girls throwing themselves at you rather than here in the stables?" The woman inquired. Comet Comet Arne Arne

Eden looked at the exchange between the two and climbed off the back of Ryu, the dragon giving a slight purr to the girl before directing her glare over to the new guy who showed up. "Uh, nice to meet you." she said to him, trying to direct his hostility off of Thalia. She could sense the tension, and so could Ryu. Ryu could tell was Eden was trying to do, so the dragon went up and laid her tail around Eden, showing her ownership of the girl.

Eden leaned against the Dragons haunches, making her feel more comfortable with the situation. "you're the captain of the Gold Dragoneers? I'm guessing that you're ready to go when it's time." she said, brushing her blonde hair out of her face as she spoke to him. She could tell Thalia didn't like him that much, and she didn't want to see the woman even more angry.
Arne Arne FireMaiden FireMaiden

Sigmund Valayar
"Akemi Argan? Now that's quite the nice talking partner, the talented - and handsome, if I may be so bold - son of our great General." He said, involuntarily sounding exceedingly harsh as an after effect of his bad mood - a result of the combination of a tiring night with a declaration of war - just to immediately regret his actions, quickly justifying his act to the female as soon as the first words came out of his mouth. "I apologize for the harsh words. it seems that my sour mood took over me for an instant." he said, moving his right hand to push away the messy hair that covered his blind right eye, that he maintained hidden under a plain black eyepatch - a subtle act that clearly denoted how uncomfortable he for the excessive behaviour he previously demonstrated. "Dealing with those nobles was part my duty after all. It isn't fair to blame you for that." He finished, inwardly hoping to somehow change the subject before the situation got even more awkward.

Fortunately, Thalia apparently answered to his silent plead, deciding to introduce her new friend. "It's my pleasure to meet you, Captain Eden." He said, addressing to the girl by her position in the military - a demonstration of his somehow formal way of talking. "Indeed. I've been preparing for the war quite the time, now I'm just missing the deployment orders." He continued, answering to the other captain's question in the same nonchalant away as before in despite of the somehow serious subject. "In fact, we're supposed to depart as soon as the mornin-..." Before he could finish, Thalia's bold question directly struck him, making him immediately return his focus to his subordinate before answering. "I'm planning to fly with Indra for a bit. I believe that his company is away more pleasant than that of any young maiden that appears to believe that I am some kind of Prince Charming." He plainly answered while trying to suppress his annoyance, that menaced to surface thankfully to the girl's comments. It was already more than clear to most of the members of the Gold Dragoneers that he felt extremely irritated by the constant bother represented by the girls of nobility, that apparently decided to make him their next target after Akemi's controversial decision of joining the Black Dragoneers.

FireMaiden FireMaiden
Comet Comet

Thalia Montilyet
Thalia chuckled with a small smile, "He is indeed. Not as intemidating as one might think." She watched on as he continued speaking, and only chuckled once her later question was finally adressed. "There's no need to he so snappy, I thought you would enjoy the attention." At the mention of flying, Nirvana perked, and nudged Thalia with her tail. "You know, flying seems like a good idea. You wouldn't mind if we joined you? Nrivana should stretch her wings a bit." Arne Arne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back