• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragons Riders of Argan

Blitzer

Elder Member
Back to a time ages ago when dragons, elves, dwarves, and orcs still roamed the earth, man became the dominant forces. Elves were the most powerful race, twice as fast as humans, smarter, and twice as strong. Beneath them came the dragons, massive creatures that lurked the skies hunting for prey, feral yet intelligent, the greatest one capable of outsmarting an elf. The dwarves followed with their massive endurance that allows them to even survive a strike to the heart. The orcs were just above men with their superb physical strength. Man was the servant of all bound to their wills. However out of this misery, four brothers rose up, Argan, Targan, Fargan, and Largan. Travelling to the center of the world, they learned magic, only usable by humans. With this power they were able to bind dragons to their will, and the four of them destroyed the enemies of humanity. Quickly, they formed the empire of Taran and reigned for a hundred years.

However, power is not guaranteed. Magic eventually was discovered by other humans. Soon around the human world, kingdoms arose to challenge the singular authority of the four brothers. Soon the whole world split into massive conflict. Just before the rebellion began, Fargan and Largan were forced to suppress and destroy most of the other three races because of a revolt. However, in their weakened state they were killed by their fellow man. They were potent warriors, single handledly able to destroy armies. Now Argan and Targan proceeded to wage a massive war against the world of man. In the ensuing conflict, millions of men and dragons soon littered the massive battlefield. Finally after a thousand years constant war where kingdoms rose and fell, a pact was signed between all the kings of the world that for a hundred years, man would not war again. A great magic spell was cast on the borders of the lands to ensure that this pact was kept. However now, the pact draws to a close, and the magic weakens. Once again dragon riders and armies will roam the lands in war.

Come join the Targan Dragon riders and fight to return what was once great.

Lore: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dragons-riders-of-argan-lore.317625/
CS: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dragons-riders-of-argan-cs.317624/

Last edited:
Evening has just fallen on the capital, yet is is still bright as day. Why? Tomorrow, the armies of the world move out, the hundred years of peace ends at twelve the next day. Hence, the whole army is quartered within the capital. Currently, a party for all recognized nobles and commissioned officers is taking place at General Sorgan Targan's house to celebrate the beginning of the war. All Black Dragoneers were ordered to be high alert and prepared to take off at midnight. The army itself was ordered to make sure their dragons were well kept and fed with meat tonight rather than their usual military fair. Seven pm is the time.

General Sorgan Targan

Sorgan carefully buttoned his shirt before checking the time. He was late for the party. It was already seven. However, now was his time. He had never been allowed to host a party since he was a general. Peacetime was occupied by the Argan branch of the family. However with war, he finally could host a party and the Argan's were always late. The guest would wait. It was his moment now! His coat bore the black lightning emblem that marked his family side. He was ready. Time to go entertain his guests.

Comet Comet Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Soviet Panda Soviet Panda FireMaiden FireMaiden Cronix Cronix

Emilia Ardent & Archer
"Oh this is the real good stuff!" Archer growled happy as he wolfed down the hunk of what seems to be either cow or deer. Leaning on his side was a hooded and a emotionless looking woman taking small bites out of her bread. She absentmindedly ran a hand over Archer's wing joint as she watched him eat with mild interest.

"You must be really happy to eat that after all those rations, hm?" Emilia asked in a soft voice as Archer shudder slightly due to her touch.

"Hey! Don't touch me there while I'm eating, Emmy! It tickles! Besides, this is way better than that slop they usually feed us. Besides, shouldn't you be keeping watch? You did get orders to remain on high alert, no?" Archer reminded before going back to the scraps of his meal. Emilia stuffed the remainder of her bread into her mouth and chewed slowly, reaching for the musket lashed onto Archer's saddle. She took the gun in her arms, checking the pan and flint. A pull back on the lock, one click, half-cock. A second pull, another click, full cock. She raised the musket to her eye-level and aimed at the sky.

"I think you mean, 'We got orders.' You are needed after all." Emilia took aim at the moon and pulled the trigger. The lock fell forward with a click. Nothing, the musket was unloaded and the pan wasn't primed. "After all, you are my dragon."

"And you, my rider. Always has been since I met you, no?"

"Indeed Archer. We are a right old pair, we are." Emilia dryly responded, earning her a deep chuckle from Archer.

Anyone Anyone (Welp. I'm off to bed, its late.)

Thalia Montilyet
0ffa84e456e2afc5e287a4398ed9ab6d.jpg
Dresses. That's what these parties meant, dresses and fake smiles. Nobody there actually liked anyone eles, they just smiled, and waved, before continuing their gossip. There was one bright side though. She would be able to see her family, something she hasn't been able to do for a while. Which, made wearing a dress almost bearable.

Thalia had been sent a dress, a gift from her aunt, for such an occasion. A flowing, off the shoulder, three layered dress, sporting the colors of the Montilyet's. A dark, midnight blue trimmed with white and silver accents. On the back, in the low dip, there was a golden crest, a phoenix, rising from ashes, the Montilyet crest. It was uncomfortable, and cold as it was made of metal, but couldn't be removed.

And then finally, with the last pin in place, the only thing that made Thalia feel like herself besides the hidden dagger strapped to her tigh, was her signature bun. It was styled in such a way that it was suited for pretty much any situation. With that, the woman sighed. She didn't feel prepared incase anything happened, almost naked without her armor. It just didn't feel right, but she coikdnt do anything about it. Her grandfather had appearances to uphold, and that would be a little difficult if his granddaughter didn't seem to understand the way these parties worked.

As a child, she loved them; all the pretty dresses and watching everyone dance, though her favorite part was the food. Always the food, and then, it was dancing with her grandfather and other family. Though now she doesn't have as much an opportunity to do so. With a final look in the wall mounted mirror, she decided that it may be best if she went ahead and left to check on Nirvana.

Thalia soon left for the party, following the sounds of chatter. In reality, she wasn't sure why she was asked to attend. Sure, she was the next heir for the Montilyets, and she was a commissioned officer, but the nobles would much rather see the Captian of the Gold Dragoneers rather than a Lieutenant. Well, anyway, Thalia joined the party after a few minutes, and quickly got a drink. It may be the only way shed survive talking to people aha only let briefly as a child. (Open)

Last edited:
Field Colonel Akemi Argan stood in the shadows watching the esteemed guest of the evening striding in. As was his custom, he enhanced his sense with mana, a simple trick any one with mana (not elementals) could do. Except his was fine tuned one, specifically able to sense different people He listened into his younger brother a captain in the gold dragoneers as he flirted and schmoozed with the other nobles. That was his job, the public face, the general potential. His was a much more cold task. Assassination, spying, and intimidation. He withdrew his sense back in and kept alert on what was around him. A person nodded to him but skirted around him. People feared him. His own people hated him since when he joined the Black dragoneers, in two years, he had been given the position of field Colonel, leader of all Black Dragoneer forces in field including spying. Thus his officers hated him especially the older ones.

His dad was late ugh. This party was a drag when he had to set out at midnight. No more sleep would be coming for awhile, but he'd trained for this. A few older former legendary mages who had fought in the wars were still alive and from them he had learned the art of war. But he knew, the day after tomorrow would be the true test of this un-blooded army.

Sergeant Gareth Bryne. That had a good ring to it. And it also meant he was technically an officer, if only in the lower echelons. And to top it off, he wasn't a noble so that was probably the furthest he'd get. But at least he got there, which was more then he could have asked for. And because he was an officer, technically, he got to attend this party. That meant he had spent the previous day polishing his armor until it shined. And he had even convinced his barracks partners to teach him how to dance, or at least make it look like he was dancing and not step on his partner's feet. So now there he stood, off to one side, by the food, a red cape signifying him being a member of the Red Dragoneers, and not having danced once. Thank the gods for that, he'd probably have made a fool of himself.

"You're bored" came his dragon's distinct low rumble. He was in the stables, enjoying his meal of meat, but even that wasn't far enough to sever their mental link. "Don't deny it. You know I can feel it. Go talk to someone. I'm sure there's a fine young lady that might take a liking to a low born son of a merchant family and sergeant of the Red Dragoneers whose own magic is outclassed by his dragon's."

'Shut up you over grown lizard.' Gareth replied, his face showing no emotions or hinting at the conversation going on in his head. He knew Buras was only teasing him, the dragon was rather fond of doing that, but if only he could talk to someone. Talking to someone as a fellow soldier was one thing and a lot easier, especially when they showed their rank. Talking to someone not as a soldier and as a person, especially when the person could very well be a noble, was a much riskier thing. Not all nobles were fans of peasants, thinking them as lesser citizens. And he was terrified that he'd start talking to a noble that thought just that. It was a lot easier, and safer, to stay silent and not talk to anyone.

(I'm on my phone, so this will be a little.... Bland. When I get back on my laptop, my posts will look better!)

Eden walked up along the walkway to the party with Worrisome Ryu trailing closely behind. She held the front of her dress up, making sure she didn't stop on it as Ryu gently held the back of it so it didn't drag on the ground. It was a beautiful dress, the top a white see_through laced top, and the bottom a light pink lace that trailed barely behind her. Of course her blonde hair was up in a loose bun that fitted her style perfectly. Buns aren't usually Eden's style. It was mostly braids, but a braid wouldn't look good with this dress sadly. She did, however, put a braid in the middle of her bun, making it look more sophisticated.

"Ryu, you can't come in, you'll be the only dragon there, go back to your stable. I left you a lot of meat there, you should go eat it."

"But who is going to watch you and protect you in there? These numbskulls don't know you and I highly doubt they will protect you!"

Eden stopped at the door and turned around to face her dragon, her arms crossed as she scowled up at the stubborn dragon. "Now Ryu, listen to me, and go back. I will be fine here, I will be surrounded by a million other soldiers." she moved forward and hugged the dragon around the neck, the gold decorations on the dragon clanking as Eden hit it. "I'll be fine Ryu, go home. "

The dragon reluctantly hugged the girl back gently, careful not to rip the dress before spreading her wings and took off into the air, disappearing from sight quickly.

Eden sighed softly and walked into the already bustling party, trying to get through the crowd of people quickly to get to a open spot. Celebrating a War, she has never heard of such thing, but being a part of it, she had to join in. She looked around at everyone there, recognizing a few from her unit, then others from the other units. For now though, Eden will just watch instead of mingle.

General Sorgan finally stepped out onto the podium of the great hall. It was 7:30. He hadn't planned on being so late but who cared. He was master here. He nodded cooly the king, his cousin-in-law as far as recent marriages and alliances. It was time to bring about change, however even he didn't consider challenging the king. Blood magic was too potent. Even a legendary mage like himself would struggle to keep those out of his blood.
"Attention all. Excuse me for being late. I'm sure my son has seen to your comfort though. I won't bore you all with a long speech, but I must send us off to war. This message is being broadcasted to the whole nation, so listen carefully. This is a momentous moment for our country. Our heritage, our lands, our country has been taken from us and we were unable to do anything. Now is our moment, no one will stand in our path strong enough to crush our invicible armadas and powerful bloodlines. We set out to conquer the world once more the blood of Rgan that flows through us! Lift your voices for the time has come!"

He smiled internally. Young bloods would be screaming for blood about now. At least the stupid ones.

Comet Comet Soviet Panda Soviet Panda FireMaiden FireMaiden Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Eden
Eden listened to the Generals short speech, a glass of wine in one hand and a piece of her dress in the other. She raised her glass in the air along with the others and said a, "yeah!" in the air with the others, yet, she wasn't as loud as the others. Was she really ready for a War?

You'll be fine young one, I have your back~ She heard Ryu's voice in her head, smiling softly at the reassuring voice. The dragon always knew what to say to make Eden feel better. She looked towards the Generals' son, the one that was mentioned and smiled grimly. She never met the boy, but only heard so much about him. Part of the black Dragoneers, the group Eden could have been in, but opted for the Green Dragoneers due to Ryu fitting in that group best. Of course, Ryu would also pick fights with the bigger dragons.. She just wanted the best for her dragon.

Eden finished off her drink quickly and walked over to a table to fill it back up with more wine, moving a strand of hair out of her face. Eden wanted to feel the soft buzz of the wine before the war actually started, wanting to have a loose mind instead of a strict one. Let's hope this much will loosen her up a bit.

Blitzer Blitzer Soviet Panda Soviet Panda FireMaiden FireMaiden Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Thalia Montilyet
The woman listened as the General made his speach. He had such a way with words, why, she felt inspired already. There was then a chours to answer his speach, many opened their mouths to verbally show how his words struck them. She, just raised her glass to take a sip of the sparkling golden liquid inside.

Thalia then realized, she hadn't much drink left, and began to make her way over to the table serving her drink. Like many other of these parties she had attended though the years, there were more than just one table with food. Which, seeing the size of both party and who all was there, more than just one table was undersandable. Already at the table was another girl. A green dragoneer if she was remembering correctly.

Thalia had many friends in the Green Dragoneers, and would often drink or chat with them when she had the chance, so she has seen this girl around a time or two, though she never learned her name. Then, she could be mistaken. Nevertheless, she may as well make conversation with the girl.

She came and stood next to the girl, at a comfortable distance before she began the process of choosing her drink. She was torn between what she had been drinking, a champagne almost with floral hints, and the wine the girl had chosen. "Excuse me," she started, taking the wind bottle Eden had put down to look at as she held it in her hands, "But is that any good? I'm having a bit of trouble desiding in what I want." Comet Comet

Last edited:
Eden
Eden looked up at the girl who came and stood by her, and just stared at her in shock when she spoke. She's speaking to me? She thought, before shaking her head and smiling kindly at the girl. "yeah, it's good wine, gives you a good buzz after a few cups of it. I want to be loose before my whole attitude has to change for the new war." she sighed, handing the girl a glass of the wine and looking at the crowd. The girl was the leader of the Gold Dragoneers, and she was damn good at it. "you ready to lead your group? All my troops are ready, dragons all fed and rested. My name is Eden by the way, Captain of the Green Dragoneers. Probably one of the youngest to lead a group." she chuckled, thinking about all the other leaders at least a little older than her.

She shifted her feet, her tall heels hurting her feet already. Eden rarely wore heels, especially ones this tall. Bringing her 5'2 height up to a 5'5. She sighed deeply, getting lost in her own thoughts as she took a sip of her wine.
FireMaiden FireMaiden

Edward leaned against a back wall, listening to the General's speech. Magenta was in the stables with a little pouting, and he had gotten here on time. Despite that, he still felt out of place. Crowds were not his thing and he was being rather antisocial. He thought he was ready for war, at least. He didn't really have much motivation though. His early child destroyed his perception of the country although he knew it was foolish and he didn't really feel the need to fight for it. No, he was fighting forhis family at home, because if this war was lost, they would surely be killed or displaced. Edward could not let this happen. So he let out a slight "hurrah" with some of the other soldiers, and sipped at his wine. Wow you're really a loser aren't ya? Magenta's voice chimed in his head. Edward really didn't like hee ability to be with her at all times, even if only in spirit. Magenta, please refrain from using your abilities if it won't be helpful. That seemed to quiet her for now. She was right in a way though. He was being very much a "loser". He spotted two women who didn't really know and decide to walk over. He instantly regretted this though and instead, just stood awkwardly to the side. He let out a sigh Why am I like this? Maybe cause your such a loosah! "Magenta!" Oh shit. That was out loud. He could hear his dragon snickering.

Comet Comet FireMaiden FireMaiden Blitzer Blitzer Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Thalia Montilyet
When she didn't revive an answer as quickly she she thought she would, she glanced over at Eden, and chuckled softly at the expression her face held. Surprise, and a little shocked, Eden must've not been use to talking to others from other units. Though Thalia didn't mind, because she got an answer along with a glass of wine.

"I must say I agree with you. I would like to loosen up a little, but I seem to have a high alcohol tolerance, so that may take a while," She chuckled. Eden then brought up the topics of her group. Thalia was correct on the fact she was part of the Green Dragoneers, though she had assumed it was a lower rank. She continued talking as Thalia took a few sips of wine. It was very good, but soon, it was her time to respond.

"I'm Lieutenant Thalia Montilyet, it's a pleasure to meet you Eden. As for my unit, they're as prepared as they can be. Many are either scattered around this little party, sleeping, or with their dragons. They deserve it after all," she said, taking another sip of her drink, before continuing. "The Gold Dragoneers are surely so-"

She was interrupted by a loud sigh behind her, so she turned to see who made it. Edward, another Gold Dragoneer, stood there awkwardly. Be didn't say much, until suddenly bursting out with his dragons name. "Um...are you alright?"
Comet Comet Davod Davod

Eden
Eden glanced away from the girl as her eyes landed on a man that was part of the Gold Dragoneers. She cocked an eyebrow, hearing Thalia ask the man a question. By the way he said the name, she reckoned that that was his dragons name. She chuckled and piped in, "Dragon in your head? Yeah, Ryu does that to me too, but she does it cause she's protective of me." then Eden shrugged, shifting her feet again. God, these heels were killing her!

She bit back the pain, biting her lower lip as she looked at the embarrassed look on the man's face. "I'm gonna guess your dragon pesters you. " she said, chuckling once again and having a small soft smile across her lips.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Davod Davod

Acusa coughed in Akemi's head. "Show a little more emotion over the speech, the food, and the women."
Akemi clapped lazily and thought spoke back. "That better?"
"Now go make a fool of yourself trying to talk to women. No wait you'd always sound like a Colonel so you might as well just talk to men instead."
"Damn you dragon! Do I have to force you out of my head. You know how much you hate the disobedience magic!"
Every dragon once bonded with a master was forced to comply with his master's request if phrased as a command. If they did not, they would be wracked with immense pain until they obeyed. Anyway, he might as well try to socialize. Without ado, he jumped lightly off the upraised room he was in and dropped into the crowd. Several people gave him a weird look until they realized who he was and moved off. Well that was nice, he realized soon. He was a walking repellent. When he did choose a person to speak to the person stumbled way in terror as if he was interrogating them. Nothing he could do about that....

Comet Comet Soviet Panda Soviet Panda FireMaiden FireMaiden Davod Davod

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine. Annoying dragon," Edward said, exasperated. "I'm Lieutenant Edward Dumas at your service, both of you." He sat down across from the two women. He would be fighting alongside both of these women, especially that Lieutenant Thalia Montilyet. He downed the rest of his wine and called for a refill. "Very pesky yes," he responded to the member of the Green Dragoneers. "And what might your name be miss?" Edward asked with a drunken smile. He didn't drink much so a few glasses of wine are more than enough to get him pretty drunk.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Comet Comet

Thalia Montilyet
"That's odd, Nirvana doesn't seem to pester me as much as the others pester you," The woman chuckled. She always was one to rest when she got a chance, Thalia always found her a little lazier compared to the others. At least in down tine, she was always very active otherwise. "I can feel you complaining." "That's something I never want you to say again." Thalia chuckled, there she was.

Well, while those two talked, she looked around the room. Her grandfather was sitting and chatting with military higherups, then looked over at her continuing to talk. She politely waved once she saw the others looking over in their direction. "Excuse me Eden, I'm going to go and mingle some more, please do enjoy talking to Lieutenant Edward, he needs the interaction," She chuckled before heading back into the crowd.

Comet Comet Davod Davod

Only to bump into someone who looked a little terrified. She gave them a concerned look, before glancing behind them to see the Gsneral's son. He was quite intimidating, but he looked a little loney. And since she had left Eden and Edward to mingle, why not talk to him. She sidestepped past the scared looking man to Akemi. "You do know it's because of who your father is, more than just you." She stood behind him, with her glass in hand. "Though I will say, you alone are intimidating." Blitzer Blitzer

Eden
Eden smiled at the man. "My name is Eden, Captain of the Green Dragoneers." she smiled grimly. Being kind was rare for her, especially being kind to someone she just met. She watched Thalia walked over to the Generals' son, cocking an eyebrow at the woman before chuckling and looking back at Edward in front of her. "I can tell that you're already drunk. Do you want something to eat? I fear that if you don't, you'll be too sick in the morning to join your group." she chuckled softly, once again moving a strand of her hair out of her blonde hair out of her face.

She once again, got a distant look as the girl zoned out on the crowd of people, lost in her own thoughts. Of course, her dragon had to cough, snapping her back into attention. She blushed slightly before saying, "sorry, I tend to zone out a lot. "
Blitzer Blitzer FireMaiden FireMaiden Davod Davod

OOC: Next post is going to launch a slight plot twist.

A girl, woman, no officer, bumped into him. He quickly cataloged her from his impressive memory. A captain in the Green Dragoneers with a bought commission. At her level of skill, she could have bought a sergeants commission, maybe a lieutenants position in a more elite, but rising in ranks was almost as equally quick with greasing the wheels in any unit. Well what could he say? His commission was part skill part his father.

Akemi grinned softly, at least someone who wasn't terrified absolutely. "Well Thalia, I'd say I'm just as terrifying as my father, and more so at my age than my father. He was quite the ladies man back then he claims. I on the other hand chose the path of a killer. Well we all did choose the path of killing. Mine is more intimate. And this why I scare of people."

Akemi's face went slightly dark before he brushed some of the hair out of his face. "Why are you talking me? Are you...." He wanted to say drunk but held off knowing it would be rude.

FireMaiden FireMaiden

"Well hi there Eden," he said chugging the wine in his cup and, again, called a server over for more wine. "Yeah I'll have some food." Edward was getting very tipsy now. He tried to stand up but fell on to his back. That had hurt. He blinked away the pain and sat back down. "Sorry about that miss I might be a little drunk." He chuckled. "Sorry if I'm a *hiccup* little... ah silly." With his last bit of sense he realized what a terrible mistake he was making. "Captain please don't let me drink anymore." With that he was gone. Wow you're really drunk aren't cha? You should kiss the pretty lady! Magenta snickered Yeah you're right. Edward leaned in...

Comet Comet

Eden
Eden's eyes widened when he leaned in towards her, acting like he was going to kiss her. Her hand instantly went up to his face and pushed him back, not hard, but not gentle at all. "Yeah.. Go home. " she chuckled, sitting Edward down and shifting her dress a little bit. "you're too drunk and you shouldn't be trying to kiss people you just met." she scoffed, crossing her arms. She could feel her hair falling out of place for the rough movement she had to use on Edward. "you either need to go home and sleep, or quit drinking. If you want me to not let you drink anymore, then fine, I'll smack every glass out of your hand. But please, do not kiss me." she huffed.

The blonde took her blue eyes off the drunk mess before glancing back at Thalia, sew f she was having a great time with the Generals son. She huffed, thinking about how she left her with the drunk. Trouble, M'lady? She heard Ryu in her head, knowing that the dragon got up. No Ryu, stay there, I am fine, I can take care of myself.

No ma'am, I'm coming to get you. Your party time is over. Then after that, the dragon never answered her protests. She sighed deeply, rolling her eyes at the stubbornness of her dragon as she looked down at the drunk mess before her.
Davod Davod

Thalia Montilyet
"Note, I did say intemidate, not terrify," Thalia stated, "Though you both have that effect on people." She took another sip of her wine, listening as he continued to talk. Though she was distracted by... well, Nirvana. "Isn't that the guy you thinknis suuuuuuuuuuper pretty?" "Nirvana, that doesn't... That isn't important. Go back to sleep you over grown lizard." "If ya say so~"

Thalia was then brought back from her kittke chat with her dragon as Akemi asked if she were drunk. "No. I'm not drunk, it takes quite a bit for me to get drunk. Unless it's rum. That stuff always gets me quickly," She said, taking a sip of wine as she said this. "As for why I'm talking to you, it's simple. Nobody else will, they are all scared, terrified and intimidated. While I, am not. You are not as scary as you think you are, at least to me. I may also have alternative goals, but that's besides the point." Blitzer Blitzer

Edward came to his senses (somewhat) after that. Oh god Magenta come get me I need to go home. He heard the scamp snickering. She was in lots of trouble. God he'd made a fool of himself. Edward waited till Eden had left till he got up and staggered to the door. He called for Magenta to pick him up. Nuh uh mister you're staying there till it's over. Jeez that dragon was annoying. He lived too far to walk and didn't feel like hurting Magenta or asking for a ride. With that, Edward walked back to the table he had been sitting at and layed his head on the table. This night was a disaster. This was his night to make first impressions and he had really screwed it up. And to a captain too! Edward put his head in his arms and tried to sleep. Wait that's a terrible idea god his senses were clouded. He got up, got some food, and sat back down. He drank water.

Last edited:
Tonight was the last night Vaalyun would know peace. After tonight his life would change, and the pressure was pushing on his brain even harder since he was a captain. He was nervous, but as he stood statue still waiting for orders, he wouldn't dare show it. His dragon nudged him on the shoulder and nodded to the plate of food he was neglecting. "I know, I know," he said, shaking his head before he picked up the half-loaf of bread and tried to stomach at least a few bites.
"You're going to end up starving yourself before you ever die on the battlefield," his dragon commented sarcastically. Vaalyun scoffed in return, but her joke did help to calm his nerves, even if it was only a small amount.
"I don't know what you're so worried about," Buraki said with a scoff, "You and I together can vanquish hordes of men," she finished. The half-elf laughed aloud, but in a sickly nervous way. "Your pride will be the death of you, Buraki," he retorted, "I'm nervous because if I die in the war, no one will remember me," he said in a serious tone. The normally stone cold dragon rested her head on her partners shoulder, Vaalyun could feel her hot breath on his face.
"I will go mad from lose if you were to die, Vaalyun, your face would be burned into my mind for enternity," she spoke, this time with a soft and comforting tone. Vaalyun sighed and ran his hand along the snout of his best friend, thanking her silently for her unusual kindness. Vaalyun finished his food and finally felt more relaxed then he had all night. He looked around the stables, since he had been talking aloud he wasn't sure if anyone was around to hear him practically talking to himself. With a start of embarrassment he realized, that no, he was not alone. A soldier in his unit was with her own dragon. She seemed distant, and the usually charismatic Vaalyun was wary to approach her.
"Go to her, she could be comfort in the final hours before the attack," his dragon stated, urging him to go to her. Vaalyun nodded, agreeing with his dragon. He walked up to the girl and stood before her with the most courage and stature he could muster. "Hello, Soldier, I believe you are in my unit? I am Captain Vaalyun. You are?" He asked in the most robotic, uncomfortable, stiff voice he had ever heard come from his own mouth. The extra kick to the side was his dragon quietly snickering in his head.

(Sorry it took so long to make a first post!)
Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back