• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragons in the West

Amal's blade bites deep into the rudder, but it does not cut through completely. It is built to survive hard hits, but you have taken quite a notch out of it.

From under her robes, Tomiko pulls out a Infinite Jade Chakram and runs up to engage the shambling hordes coming onto the ship. Her weapon lashes out several times and strikes two of the zombies, making them collapse back to lifelessness once more. She calls out, "Xandra, keep back and let the rest of us take these things down. Don't risk yourself in this!"

@The Fuzz and @Phyre are up next with Marinn and Karasu.

Order of Battle

0 - [Amal]

1 - [Tomiko]

2 - Marinn, Karasu <====

3 - Zanaiya,

4 - Zombie horde 3-10, Xandra, Mithras

5 - Zombie horde 11-20, Tomiko, Amal

6 - Enemy Exalt on other ship

7 -

8 -

Last edited by a moderator:
Iselsi Marinn

Firing from the mists (where they hopefully cannot see him), Marinn looses a wickedly sharp, cruelly designed arrow, more to test the defences of these undead than to try to genuinely strike fear into them. He reckons there's a master waiting to show up.

[dice]3949[/dice]

(base damage, before bonus attack successes, is +9L. Frog crotch arrows. Nasty things).

Your arrow slams into the zombie. With a DV of only 3 and minimal soak, the putrid body explodes, spraying gore across the deck.

@Phyre is up with Karasu

Order of Battle

0 - [Amal]

1 - [Tomiko]

2 - [Marinn], Karasu <====

3 - Zanaiya,

4 - Zombie horde 4-10, Xandra, Mithras

7 -

8 - Marinn

Karasu

As I approach the nearest ramp, with it's walkers surrounding the nearby plank, I will concentrate my efforts into destroying the nearby threats and then focusing on the destroying the plank. The few steps taken to close with my enemies I crouch somewhat and when they are within range spring up with a leap, lifting Justice over my head and then down with a circular motion trying to sever completely through my first opponent then using the momentum of the swing I land on the ground in a crouching once more, blade in hand and hooded head looking at the deck briefly. The first walker, moves forward separating in two and falling on both my left and right sides. I smile that devious signature smile of mines (s slight smirk with gleaming eyes of delight) "This is my spot, and it is time I alleviate this blight from creation!"

I am hoping for a 1 die stunt here but will roll it separately in case I did not get it. I will not use any Essence for the moment.[dice]3951[/dice] [dice]3952[/dice]

I didn't know if you wanted us to roll this or not, as per page 314 core book the * behind the name Zombie. If you do my roll for that is [dice]3953[/dice]

Karasu swings her blade in a mighty arc and it crashes down on the deck, having missed the zombie you swung at. You are now right in the face of a half dozen of the monsters as they push farther forward.

@DreamingofRoses is up next with Zanaiya

1 - [Tomiko]

2 - [Marinn], [Karasu]

3 - Zanaiya <====

4 - Zombie horde 4-10, Xandra, Mithras

7 - Karasu

8 - Marinn

"Listen to her, Xandra!" Zanaiya speeds past her sister and Tomiko.

She runs up to the boarding plank not being covered by Karasu, and brings her lance around in front of her, beginning an elegant dance of destruction of the zombies in front of her. The Hearthstone on her lance glows brightly and her movements accelerate, the lance becoming not just a weapon of stabbing, but of cutting, and occasionally the stick as a staff to batter and push. Her determination to keep her people safe, especially her sister, focuses her movements.

[dice]3955[/dice]

[dice]3956[/dice]

Zanaiya's blade does its deadly dance with the zombies, and the lead shambler falls to your blows. As Extras with a DV of 3, any good hit will take one down. This does, however put you first in line for the second zombie horde.

From her position in back of the crowd, Xandra has a knife in each hand and is looking concerned, all the while you can hear the voice from the other ship calling out to the zombies to 'find her and kill her'. Which one that is, you can only guess.

@Crocodile is up next with Mithras, and PCs always go before NPCs in my games, unless the PC states that they are holding their action.

2 - [Marinn], [Karasu]

3 - [Zanaiya]

4 - Zombie horde 4-10 by Karasu, Xandra, Mithras <====

5 - Zombie horde 12-20 by Zanaiya, Tomiko, Amal

7 - Karasu

8 - Marinn, Zanaiya

Mithras regarded the boarding dead with increasing disdain, worrying this was actually some sort of distraction. He moves to try to find the bride even as he feels starts to assume a Terrestrial Hero Style stance to ensure he could deflect the blows of blades and weapons. His essence fueling that as if flowed through his well-sculpted frame. This was the beginning of the game of shadows, a bit overly ambitious but perhaps a feint to throw him off from more cunning maneuvers to come? He would have to respond in kind when they finally arrived on the island.

With that thought in mind, he moves to smash any walking dead before him in his path to secure his charge. The Wedding could not afford to be endangered like this.

[dice]3981[/dice]

Mithras swings and his weapon connects with a zombie as it stretches its claws out towards him, and with a sickening crack, its skull is crushed.

The five zombies in front of Karasu begin to swarm her, reaching out with their filthy hands in an attempt to kill the Exalt. What is your DV? Successes against you are 4, 3, 2, 3, and 4.

Xandra stands still for a moment, then she turns on her heel and sprints towards the mid-ships cargo hold.

4 - [Zombie horde 6-10 by Karasu], [Xandra - disengaging], [Mithras]

5 - Zombie horde 12-20 by Zanaiya, Tomiko, Amal <----

7 - Karasu

8 - Marinn, Zanaiya

9 - Mithras, zombies 6-10

10 -

11 -

12 -

[dice]3982[/dice]

[dice]3983[/dice]

[dice]3984[/dice]

[dice]3985[/dice]

[dice]3986[/dice]

I need Defense info from @Phyre, and @Exthalion is up with Amal

He knew what he had to do, but it would be dangerous. The chain would be under great tension, and once cut it would write like a serpent. He wouldn't let go, that would cause him to fall behind, and he had no guarantee of finding the rear ship in this fog. He would have to take the bolder course. He wasn't sure which of the dragons he should pray to, so he sent a wordless prayer to whomever was listening.

Pulling himself higher up he gripped the chain with his left hand, just to the left of his cut. Then he brought his sword arm down and felt the cable part like silk. That was when he truly began to focus, anything less that perfection would be death.

[dice]3987[/dice]

So that's 12-soak damage to it.

The chain tensed, then snapped up and left, toward his own ship, with the strength of an angry giant; and behind it came Amal, a fierce grin on his face. He broke the water with a splash and let go. He kept rising, rising, rising, until he hung fixed between sea and sky for a single moment. Then the moment ended and he came down on the first age deck he had been hoping to examine, if under different circumstances.

Dexterity + Athletics + Channel Temperance to ride the recoil on the chain up to deck.

[dice]3988[/dice]

[dice]3989[/dice]

7 successes on the insanity.

Amal strikes, and is suddenly flung into the air. With an acrobatic flip, you tumble through the air and land on your feet on the deck of the Pearl, and not only do you do so, but you make it look easy. The bone ship is now rudderless, but there are several grappling hooks and boarding ramps spiked down on the deck of your ship for them to be able to part ways.

Tomiko's eyes flicker to the arrival of Amal, but somehow knows that he is on their side and doesn't attack him, but instead, she continues to throw her chakrams, this time into the crowd of zombies threatening Zanaiya. Her spray takes down another three of the shambling hordes before they have a chance to swarm on the other Exalt.

But swarm they do. Clawing and biting, they tear at Zanaiya.

On the other ship, a dark figure can be seen with a massive black bow in its hand. This form is walking towards the rail of its own vessel. In an angry voice, it calls out, "Destroy all the zombies you want; I can make more. All I want is the princess. Give her to me and I will not rain death upon you all." For most of you, this is your first time seeing one of the dark Exalts known as a Deathknight. There is little doubt in your minds as to what it is.

@Phyre is up with Karasu, @DreamingofRoses needs to declare a defense

5 - [Zombie horde 15-20 by Zanaiya], [Tomiko], [Amal]

6 - Enemy Exalt on other ship - delay

7 - Karasu <====

8 - Marinn, Zanaiya

9 - Mithras, zombies 6-10, Tomiko

10 - Amal, zombies 15-20 by Zanaiya

11 -

12 -

[dice]3990[/dice]

[dice]3991[/dice]

[dice]3992[/dice]

[dice]3993[/dice]

[dice]3994[/dice]

[dice]3995[/dice]

Karasu

I'm not liking the odds at all, so It seems that taking a defensive stance with my sword, prepared to parry will have to do. In addition notes of essences is poured into activating my anima my skin thickens to the materiel of dense stone. These mindless beings are out to kill me I assume, and my servant should be doing his job of killing these things because they are to close for comfort. "Niumowang, what are you eating for do your job and kill these things!"

My DV is a mere 1 at this point no matter if I Dodge or parry I am spending 5 peripheral motes to activate my anima, with the chain shirt I were hidden beneath I now have the following soak 4B/ 6L. But I will parry as it's what I am used to doing. My Niumowang has a Join Battle of 6, a 9 dice pool to attack with claws and and typically 5 extra actions ready and a listed damage of 12B. I hope that can alleviate some of my woes. Also note I should have rolled 3 (8 Dice Pool with Justice not 5 plus the one die for stunt would have made it 9, more dice with my weapons ACC bonus but for got to previously, just realized I forgot it in my excitement of the start of the fight.(

:) ) Oh well lessons learned.

Nellens Zanaiya

The action she had taken to keep the zombies away from her sister and off the boat is now actively working against her. The blue-green halo of her anima begins rippling around her as she leans back, ducking under the first grasping attacks of the zombies and leans her head back to look at the Exalts behind her. Seeing that Xandra is retreating from the deck, she rights herself, bringing her lance up in front of her sideways, pushing forward into the horde before relenting and flipping backwards towards the other Exalts, using one of the zombies as a step to propel herself back and over.

So, going over my character sheet, I realized my DV is actually 6. I forgot to add in my Hearthstone Bracers. (Dex 3 + Dodge 3 - 1 armor + 1 Specialty + 2 essence + 3 bracers / 2 = 6 rounded up ) so -1 from attacking and -2 from zombies is 3. + 1 from Flying Heart is 4. I spent 4 essence (peripheral), now sitting at 5 / 22) for my First Excellency dodge charm and failed my roll miserably. One stunt die which also fails. So 4.

[dice]4000[/dice]

[dice]4003[/dice]

[dice]4002[/dice]

Niumowang suddenly manifests itself behind the attacking zombies, and like a scythe into wheat, it strikes. Clawed arms move with a blur as it hits zombie after zombie, and since it is attacking from surprise, the undead have little to no chance against it. When it finishes its action, there is a pile of rotting flesh on the deck where the zombies used to be, and it looks at Karasu with a evil smile.

Using their swarming tactics, one of the zombies attacking Zanaiya manages to get a claw on you. What is your Soak?

@Phyre, you still have your action with Karasu

6 - Enemy Exalt on other ship - delay

7 - Karasu <====

8 - Marinn, Zanaiya

9 - Mithras, Tomiko

10 - Amal, zombies 15-20 by Zanaiya

11 -

12 -

The zombie's claws skitter across your armor, and do little more than get some slime on your clean clothes. No damage.

I want to look around to asses what is going on, as well as try to find the person responsible from the other ship.

[dice]4010[/dice]

With the teamwork of the Exalts on your ship, the zombie boarding party is being quickly dispatched. There are more undead and mortal crew on the other ship that can still cause trouble, but there is definitely a Exalt standing on the fantail of the other ship with a soulsteel powerbow in hand. He is demanding that you turn over the princess, undoubtably he means Xandra.

With a Defiant look, "Why don't you do us all a favor Anathema and stop being animate!" Who are they pointing the bow at? Is the princess on the deck?

The bow is in hand but not being directed at anyone, and the last time you saw Xandra,she was running below decks in the mid-ships hold.

Karasu

"You are so brave, speaking across the ramp. You hold no power here! Be off while you still are able to animate yourself. You have no power here, its obvious you are out matched, you can't be that blind not to see who has the upper hand."

The dragon measuring contest was begin to grate, especially when they would be out of this mess if people would have listened to him when he said to swing the helm.

Amal, well accustom to the often curt and foul language of construction sites shouted. "For the love of Mnemnon shut up! Brag after we win."

The figure in its dark armor looks over the numbers of Dragon Bloods on your ship and begins to weigh his options. With an angry swipe of his bow, he shouts, "I may not be able to stand against all of you, but I will be back, and next time, I will have the strength to defeat you. Mark my words: the princess will die before her wedding. Cut them loose." One by one, the grapples are cut and the two ships begin to drift apart.

Karasu

Smiling as the ships swift apart, I smile and watch the fiend, eyes well hidden beneath the hood (thankful things did not get worse). Once he is out of sight I tell Niumowang its time to disappear, he shall feast soon enough.

I will then look for the welfare of the princess and her escourts (her sister and the Immaculate).

With the heavy fog still around you, the other ship is quickly swallowed up and is out of sight. In moments, the Ocean Pearl breaks free and is out into the open air with the sun beaming down on you. Captain Roogan can be seen at the helm, guiding the ship away from the fog, a large smile on his face. "Check the crew. With that fog gone, it might be possible to wake them up now."

Tomiko looks around the deck. "Is anyone hurt? Where is Xandra?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back