• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon's Dogma: Shadow Seneschal (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Zufaix Zufaix Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Here's an OOC thread where we can shoot the breeze or talk about stuff that we'd like to do in the RP!

I plan to make the RP somewhat open-ended for exploration and quest creation. So if you have an idea for a quest or side-quest type mini adventure feel free to post it here and we can talk about making it part of the RP!

Perfect! I was hoping something like this would open. I'm going to try finishing up my character tonight so I have something to actually talk about XD

Lol. Chimera's will come in due time. I promise.

In the meantime, I think it's important to discuss how we want to begin before I throw up an intro post.

My idea at present is that we're meeting in neutral territory on the Gransys border, so our three Arisen can meet formally and discuss what's happened to each of them and try to come up with a plan for taking the Dragons down.

If anyone has different ideas on how we can meet, throw em up here and we can discuss further!

Lol. Chimera's will come in due time. I promise.

In the meantime, I think it's important to discuss how we want to begin before I throw up an intro post.

My idea at present is that we're meeting in neutral territory on the Gransys border, so our three Arisen can meet formally and discuss what's happened to each of them and try to come up with a plan for taking the Dragons down.

If anyone has different ideas on how we can meet, throw em up here and we can discuss further!
GOBLINS

Gonna have to be a bit more of a detailed suggestion than that to be considered. What's the setting? What are the circumstances? How does the idea begin, how does it unfold, and how should we expect it to conclude?
I like the idea of meeting up beforehand to discuss everything. It also gives us a chance to roleplay a little bit before the action starts to develop basic relationships. My two ideas for where we could actually meet up would either be at the base of the Greatwall encampment (since that's sort of in the middle of all 3 regions the charcaters are from) though it might be too far out from civilization to be viable. There's also plenty of goblins that way lol. The alternative I had was international waters near Gran Soren, or even in Gran Soren itself (technically not neutral) that would let us start inside a city which is naturally less dangerous.

A separate situation altogether could potentially be a summit between the contractually bound kingdoms? Naturally each kingdom would want their respective Arisen to attend. Maybe during it one of the Dragons could show up, giving our characters a bead on which dragon is closest (assuming they even make it out of the skirmish alive 💀). That would also open up some relationships with npcs and potentially give us some early quest options. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Dragons either, could just be an attack from X monster or Y group (salvation or another powerful entity perhaps?) Causing the attendees to scatter and the Arisen having to retreat or fend off the threat.

I like the idea of meeting up beforehand to discuss everything. It also gives us a chance to roleplay a little bit before the action starts to develop basic relationships. My two ideas for where we could actually meet up would either be at the base of the Greatwall encampment (since that's sort of in the middle of all 3 regions the charcaters are from) though it might be too far out from civilization to be viable. There's also plenty of goblins that way lol. The alternative I had was international waters near Gran Soren, or even in Gran Soren itself (technically not neutral) that would let us start inside a city which is naturally less dangerous.

A separate situation altogether could potentially be a summit between the contractually bound kingdoms? Naturally each kingdom would want their respective Arisen to attend. Maybe during it one of the Dragons could show up, giving our characters a bead on which dragon is closest (assuming they even make it out of the skirmish alive 💀). That would also open up some relationships with npcs and potentially give us some early quest options. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Dragons either, could just be an attack from X monster or Y group (salvation or another powerful entity perhaps?) Causing the attendees to scatter and the Arisen having to retreat or fend off the threat.
I thought there was only one dragon

Like there was only one Seneschal

I thought there was only one dragon

Like there was only one Seneschal

Did you read the entire Interest Check?

With the powers of the Creator at his beck and call, he has opened a permanent gateway to the Rift allowing not one, but multiple Dragons and all manner of monsters to escape its reaches and infest the world.
All of our characters will be Arisen (three Dragons in the world each trying to fulfill the same purpose), and each will occupy one of the three starting Vocations of Fighter, Strider, and Mage.

Oh yeah

Do we have to go to three separate mountains to fight each dragon or are they sharing a mountain?

I'm open to ideas on that one.

Given that all three Dragons are targeting us in different regions of the world I would presume it's not a stretch of the imagination for each of them to have their own "spot," so to speak, to await the Arisen they have chosen.

Plus, that separation gives us more reason to go to each different region so we're not locked to just Gransys. Know what I mean?

I'm open to ideas on that one.

Given that all three Dragons are targeting us in different regions of the world I would presume it's not a stretch of the imagination for each of them to have their own "spot," so to speak, to await the Arisen they have chosen.

Plus, that separation gives us more reason to go to each different region so we're not locked to just Gransys. Know what I mean?
Gonna need to pack a lot of mushrooms then

Sounds like a bunch of sprinting

Gonna need to pack a lot of mushrooms then

Sounds like a bunch of sprinting

Lol. Nah.

For any major long-distance traveling we'll be doing small time skips to get to the important locations so we can RP as normal. I'm not going to subject us to long-winded sprint sessions filled with nothing but wind in our faces.

I like that second idea. Specifically the summit where our Arisen attend with the lords of their regions and then are subjected to an attack by (at least one) group like Salvation. I'm open to creating others since it's a certainty that there isn't just one cult-like group worshipping the Dragon and praying for the end times in the wake of their coming. There's definitely more of their ilk out there.

We'll save the Dragon showing up for later, though. I've got more specific ideas for when the first of them will show themselves to taunt our lack of readiness to face them.

I like that second idea. Specifically the summit where our Arisen attend with the lords of their regions and then are subjected to an attack by (at least one) group like Salvation. I'm open to creating others since it's a certainty that there isn't just one cult-like group worshipping the Dragon and praying for the end times in the wake of their coming. There's definitely more of their ilk out there.

We'll save the Dragon showing up for later, though. I've got more specific ideas for when the first of them will show themselves to taunt our lack of readiness to face them
There'll be Goblins right?
Ones that're weak to fire?

Since it's Father's Day weekend, I'm going to be busy. But I'll be back on Monday to create the IC posting thread and see about getting an intro post up to set our Arisen's and their respective region lords up for a summit meeting.

Enjoy the weekend!

For some reason I don't get any notifications when Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia posts. Sorry if it's an inconvenience, but when you post can you tag me to make sure I see it? I don't want to unnecessarily delay everyone because the site's being finicky with notifications and I end up waiting longer than I have to before posting. Know what I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back