• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragons and Magic Academies

RANGYOKU

海の響をなつかしむ
Greetings, fellow roleplayers. Welcome to my humble thread. It is not much but I hope it will do.

So, to cut to the chase, I have two fantasy plots I have been developing for a good amount of years by now. Two I would very much like to actually write with someone, with deuteragonist and a supporting cast divided by the both of us. One will be set in a setting based on Ancient China, except it's steampunk, and the other on Greek/Roman metropolis so the worldbuilding won't involve a major amount of research on your part, don't worry. I ask that you choose one of them to roleplay.
But I do have a couple of rules to keep in mind before you go ahead and read said plot. I apologize if I seem strict, I simply want to avoid having a partnership go wrong because I failed to check if we were on the same page.
i. This will be a casual / semi-detailed roleplay. Inspiration may come and go, I perfectly understand that, but please never force yourself to write, there is no rush. I consider myself a "casual roleplayer", as in I do not pressure the person I will be roleplaying with and rather allow them to go their own pace rather than to demand them to hurry up replying or asking when their next reply will be. No deadlines, no spamming, keep out such habits if you do engage in them.
ii. LGBT+ will be a thing in both plots. One of its protagonists, namely Muse A of plot #1, will be intersex and identify as nonbinary, just as an example.
iii. I will stop replying the moment I feel like I am the only one putting an effort into this, be it by adding to the premise or just making the actual roleplay more engaging. If you are going to keep replying "I don't know" or "sure" or "you choose" over and over, then don't bother.
iv. I ask that you keep in mind the anime/manga aesthetic of this, being a primary inspiration for these.
v. You can choose which of the characters to play as, as well as of whichever gender you wish.
Still there? Marvellous! Now here comes the actual plot. I am more than open to suggestions you'd like to add to it, provided we can reach an agreement about them.
In the Nine Provinces of China, dragons roam the earth, skies and seas. Each is one of its kind, volatile, free, untamed. And for that, humans have slowly succumbed to fear and desire to conquer such beasts, leading some to hunt them. But there are those who oppose to this, those who are deemed guardians and oracles of the Dragons. They are able to communicate and appease to them in times of need, keeping peace and balance at bay; they are the Xiaolongnü, or "little dragon maidens". Scarce as they come, Xiaolongnü are a miracle to be born among the tribes that wander the land and to cities whose prosperity may be endangered by the creatures they share a bond whose nature many have yet to understand. Muse A is one of such chosen ones to grace this world and their tribe. Muse B is a Lóng Lièrén, "dragon hunter", belonging to one of the many guulds who seek to purge beasts from the earth and skies, be it for their own gain or out of hatred. Fate brings these two individuals of so a distinct kin and beliefs together, in a tale that will seal the fate of humanity and the draconian gods.

Constantinopla is a city estabilished by the First Magi, a group of mages and the leaders of the four royal houses that now oversee the prosperity and control over what is now a safe haven and paradise for all graced with the gift of magic since its birth. Magic here comes from the value of a word, one assigned to each family — which appllies to both royal houses and the branch families that serve them since the days of the First Magi — that in consequence, derives from its word family one unique to each member. Muse A is part of one such branch families that serve the Corvinus house. In the eys of society, they are but a lowlife servant to the whims of their masters, a weakling who somehow managed to be accepted among the student body for Academia, Constantinopla's institution for the teaching and development for the future Magi generations. But the truth is far off from those who do not know better . . . In reality, Muse A is the sole survivor of the late fifth royal house, unbeknowst to all but themselves and the branch family who rescued them, whom would come to reveal the truth of their passing: a name, "Corvinus". Seeking answers and above all, revenge, Muse A sets out to Academia to grow close to those who destroyed their family by any means necessary. Pursuing this path leads them to meet Muse B, the arranged bethroded to one of the children of the Corvinus house, who in turn has ambitions of their own in this game of power and desires and comes to discover Muse A's secrets one by one, including that of the conceal of their true magic in order to not raise suspicion towards their enemies. As an unlikely alliance blossoms between the two, both will taste the bitter truth that surrounds the society they live in on Muse A's quest, to make them question not only everyone around but perhaps even those they love and themselves.

Just PM me if I manage to not lose your interest. Hope to hear from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back