dragonblooded in Autocthonia?

orionstark1482

considering that Autocthon just grabbed a ton of people and hauled them inside itself isn't it more then likely that some of them had some kind of terrestrail heritage?

how would that play out inside the Great Maker?

Slick bastards all of them. Hmm, that would be interesting though. I figured if they did somehow keep to their original elements, they'd be viewed as anomolies or some sort of outcastes.

Slick bastards all of them. Hmm' date=' that would be interesting though. I figured if they did somehow keep to their original elements, they'd be viewed as anomolies or some sort of outcastes.[/quote']
i figured that the Great Maker might have some kind of machine organ that supresses terrestrail exaltation. but if it were to malfunction then you might have thousands of sudden exaltations.

Hmm, interesting theory. That would be very interesting indeed. Perhaps a latent fear that the DBs were somehow influenced by their grandmother Gaia.

Isn't the Second Breath something that needs to be approved by Lytek, if only a rubber stamp for the Terrestrial Exaltation?

Out of Fate, out of mind...

Hmm, which would be somewhat odd really, it is a bloodline thing. Though it's been a while since I read up on Lytek, he does govern them. Thought he only took care of Celestials.

The potential is certainly governed by bloodline, but I was under the impression Lytek still supervises, even though he isn't as hands-on as he is with Celestial Exaltations.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I think he may flip a coin or just play a hat game to draw names for Terrestrial Exaltation, though I'd rule it through the blood.

Lytek DOES oversee DB exaltation - at least in the Sidereal book.  He's not as personally invested in them as he is in Celestials, but he picks the moment at which they actually exalt.

And if they're off the books of Fate, being all off in the Elsewhere...that might put a crimp in things.  

Maybe he just buried those books under a pile and just said, "Fuck that shit."

dude all the DB's could have been wiped out after they were discovered to exhist.

or... the wood aspect db. would turn metal. cus there is no wood in autochonia.

That would be some interesting irony, an Autcthonian Wyld Hunt, tracking down errant Dragon Bloods.  Moonsilvers slipping into homes and slitting throats of those who showed promise until there weren't any more to breed true...

sounds like a great story to me. personally i always wanted to run a game where some creation born exalts find themselves in the realm of brass and shadow and have to find their way back.

What or who dictates fate in the Realm of Brass and Shadow' date=' anyway?[/quote']
Autochton has his own version of the loom of fate integrated into his central cortex part. he built the creation sided patternspiders and used the same template for his own.

His version of the Loom is the Design/Core (also the Elemental Pole of Crystal). His Pattern Spiders are called Design Weavers.

The Design/Core/Pole of Crystal also seems to double as his brain.

-S

That would be some interesting irony' date=' an Autcthonian Wyld Hunt, tracking down errant Dragon Bloods.  Moonsilvers slipping into homes and slitting throats of those who showed promise until there weren't any more to breed true...[/quote']
 Better yet, the Adamant Caste...

That would be some interesting irony' date=' an Autcthonian Wyld Hunt, tracking down errant Dragon Bloods.  Moonsilvers slipping into homes and slitting throats of those who showed promise until there weren't any more to breed true...[/quote']
 Better yet, the Adamant Caste...
actually was of the mind that maybe the Dragon blooded build the Adamant caste. they are more advanced then the other castes and as a result the building can only be done by exalts and not mortals the way the other castes are built.

How exactly are Autos capable of building Exalts and massive amounts of Artifacts?  I have invented rules for mortal artifact creation, but the Autos have to have something a bit more sophisticated.

How exactly are Autos capable of building Exalts and massive amounts of Artifacts?  I have invented rules for mortal artifact creation' date=' but the Autos have to have something a bit more sophisticated.[/quote']
the mortals of Autocthonians were taught to build Alchemicals by the great maker himself. he endows al his mortal followers with a bit of his own power when it comes to artificing. its in the book. Autocthonians get tech building from him.

I dislike the idea, emmensely, of adding DBs to the Adament Caste myth.  

It just gets messy--they're supposed to be the Watchmen, and requiring servants of another Primoridial to create them lends a wee bit too much power over the inner workings.  It's smacks of power gaming and trying to shoe horn parts of the original setting in.

I'd rather just see the Locusts not express Dragon Blood, unless of course they roll into the Creation, where that backlog of Exaltations, under the desk and shoved into the backroom, suddenly gets to take effect.  

A few Locusts every now and then find themselves finally tapping that blood--not so thin, since the breeding pool was limited, so it was pretty much maintained.  And the more the Autocthonians stay in the Creation, the more often they are going to get a chance to express that blood, but it requires a connection to Creation to express--they are Terrestrials after all, and being away from the Elemental Dragons, and Gaia, makes it hard for the blood to express that power.  Tucked into the Elsewhere, in their own pocket universe, they are removed from the usual ranks, and thus their blood never erupts with power, it just sits there, until they return to the Creation again.  Amd those folks are going to be rare even still.

I dislike the idea, emmensely, of adding DBs to the Adament Caste myth.  
It just gets messy--they're supposed to be the Watchmen, and requiring servants of another Primoridial to create them lends a wee bit too much power over the inner workings.  It's smacks of power gaming and trying to shoe horn parts of the original setting in.

I'd rather just see the Locusts not express Dragon Blood, unless of course they roll into the Creation, where that backlog of Exaltations, under the desk and shoved into the backroom, suddenly gets to take effect.  

A few Locusts every now and then find themselves finally tapping that blood--not so thin, since the breeding pool was limited, so it was pretty much maintained.  And the more the Autocthonians stay in the Creation, the more often they are going to get a chance to express that blood, but it requires a connection to Creation to express--they are Terrestrials after all, and being away from the Elemental Dragons, and Gaia, makes it hard for the blood to express that power.  Tucked into the Elsewhere, in their own pocket universe, they are removed from the usual ranks, and thus their blood never erupts with power, it just sits there, until they return to the Creation again.  Amd those folks are going to be rare even still.
you gave me an idea actually

maybe autocthonians took all the DBs as they manifested and killed them after and had their souls absorbed into soulgems and absorbing their exaltations and putting them in reserve for a time when they are desperatly needed. in such an emergency they are implanted into children and raised to be fanatical warriors and upon exaltation are turned into hybrids.

crazy...yes

fun...maybe

orionstark1482 said:
maybe autocthonians took all the DBs as they manifested and killed them after and had their souls absorbed into soulgems and absorbing their exaltations and putting them in reserve for a time when they are desperatly needed. in such an emergency they are implanted into children and raised to be fanatical warriors and upon exaltation are turned into hybrids.
 Absorbing the Second Breath?

If that existed, the original souls of the DBs wouldn't be required; any soul would do.

DB-Alchemical hybrids don't seem to be worth the trouble unless Autochthon allows them to develop for some time before hybridization; even then, is the stunting of their eventual development worth it?

Perhaps it is just me being a bitter old man. but i don't see how souleating hybrid dragonblooded/alchemicals make for a good plot. in fact i don't like the combine this and that megalomania people seem to be so prone to at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back