• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dragon Magic

CamlinSkitt

Probably Overthinking It
Elvira:

There happened to be many benefits to being a princess. Such girls could take their next meal for granted. They could always expect a roof over their heads, a warm bed, pretty clothes. Princesses had servants to perform any tedious, physical tasks. They had the resources of an entire country at their fingertips, their every whim limited only by the king himself.

The whole kingdom at the tips of her slender, ink-stained fingers.

Most days, Elvira was rational enough to remember all the comforts surrounding her. Most days, it was possible to tolerate the endless study sessions and etiquette exercises—perhaps enjoy them, even, as an opportunity to learn new things. Most days, she could coexist with the servants as she coordinated events, decided on menus or decor, and otherwise managed the castle's daily keeping. Some days, she could even handle the bookkeeping and godforsaken paperwork that was inevitable when one assisted her father in managing a kingdom.

Today was not one of those pleasant, rational days.

Ada:

"That's it, Ada," Princess Elvira spoke up briskly. The maid glanced up, startled, as her mistress broke the room's long silence. Then Ada rushed to set aside her embroidery in an orderly fashion and stand, managing the task only a heartbeat after the princess abruptly rose. "I shall not touch another parchment until after the noon bell rings. The weather today is far too cheerful to be wasted working figures at a desk."

"Of course, your Highness," the maidservant answered from habit. "Would milady care to take a walk through the gardens?"

Ada watched her mistress think the proposal over. The girl was seventeen years old, three years younger than the maid. She stood tall and regal at five feet, nine inches. A carefully-proportioned diet and mild exercise (usually far more activity than Ada thought proper for a young lady of her mistress's station) allowed the princess to maintain an appealing balance between soft curves and slim frame. She was dressed in a blue silk day gown, with matching slippers and hair ribbons, that complemented her fair skin. Her wavy hair, a rich shade of brown, was braided and coiled elegantly at the back of her head (Ada's own neat handiwork), leaving only the girl's forelocks loose. The princess's heart-shaped face bore fine, aristocratic features: a small, pointed chin, thin but graceful lips, a delicate and slightly upturned nose, and downturned eyes, light brown in color—almost amber, really.

Princess Elvira was beautiful, and not just for her physical features. She fairly glowed with steady confidence and natural grace. Noting these details for the thousandth time, Ada stifled a sigh of envy. The maid was ever-so-plain beside her mistress.

"Yes, I think a stroll in the gardens is exactly what I need," the princess decided, interrupting Ada's reverie. "I should like to go alone, though. Do what you will until the noon bell, then meet me back here with a light lunch," she ordered, not unkindly.

"As you wish, your Highness." Ada curtsied again as her mistress departed the small room. Beautiful Princess Elvira might be, the maid mused, but she was was also stubborn and had quite the temper beneath all those layers of self-control.

Elvira:

Free at last of the oppressive silence and endless parchments, Elvira relaxed into the quiet sounds of nature as she walked the garden path. Springtime flowers and freshly turned soil scented the late morning air, and white wisps of cloud did little to shroud the bright blue sky beyond. A gentle breeze caught and tugged at the loose ends of her hair, and suddenly Elvira wanted nothing more than to let loose her hair and sprint with all her strength into the wind. She could imagine the feeling, completely free and unbound, limited only by the strength of her limbs and lungs as they burned with each new step. She used to love running all-out like that, before her nursemaid declared her too old for such unladylike ventures.

Instead, the young woman took a seat at a bench and turned her face up to the breeze, eyes closed. She smelled green growing things all around, and something that made her wonder if it would rain later that evening. A moment later, she opened her eyes to see the shape of a dragon soaring high above her. Elvira sighed at the sight. There had been a time when dragons were a common sight in the palace grounds. Quiet and majestic, Elvira never grew tired of watching them. She had even played with their little ones, on occasion, when she was younger. The infantile dragons had been much like a litter of very large puppies—friendly, playful, and eager. Then, over the course of years, dragon sightings around the castle—just around the castle, as other towns and cities brought no similar reports—had dwindled. Nowadays, the castle's occupants were lucky to see a dragon from this distance. As she watched the dragon overhead, Elvira wondered yet again what had caused their disappearance, and tried not to feel lonely.

Alistair:

When the sound of gentle footsteps reached his ears, the King's unrestful raptness was broken. He sprung up from the softness of his throne and directed an attentive, eager look at his visitor, but his eyes fell slightly when sight was caught of a young man of impeccable refinement. He did not come. there's no further need for this audience to take place, thought king Alistair, spreading his arms widely to welcome his guest.

"Lenlay, dear boy, how gracious of you to illuminate my home with your presence. Are you not joined by your elder brother? I was very much expecting you both!" , said the King, then walked up to the young man and shook his hand vigorously.

"Sadly, I've come only to apologize in his behalf. His mood is very foul at the moment and shows no sign of improving. Thus, he asked me to greet you in his stead", declared Lenlay, bowing his head slightly and sprinkling his soft scent onto the room.

To have my proposition rejected before even hearing it, and to not come himself! That lizard has no qualms about insulting a ruler! How selfish, how witty! Now, I'll have this child dismissed, for he's powerless before his brother and therefore useless to my cause. "You have my gratitude, very thoughtful. Say, I'd imagine you're tired from travelling, may I offer that..." Is he looking elsewhere? The rudeness of these creatures knows no limits!

"In fact, your Majesty, I'd prefer it if we could conclude our business first. Recess is more relaxing if the mind has nothing more about which to worry, don't you think?"

The King stroked his beard and nodded.
Might there be a chance of convincing Lenlay and having him talk to his brother? "Your wisdom is admirable. Then, let us discuss matters. Did you know that I've got a daughter, whom I love from the deepest part of my soul?"

"I was unaware"

"She's a lovely girl", started Alistair, with eyes full of bliss, "a bit wild and possessing a fearsome temperament, but her shortcomings are far surpassed by her virtues. Would you ever find yourself in the position of a frustrated father, you'd understand my pain. She's incapable of wielding magic"

"Isn't most of your species so?"

"Indeed, but not every human is an heir to the throne of a powerful kingdom. I fear for her safety and that of my subjects. My political power was a consequence of my magical abilities... Do you understand what could happen?"

"Barely. Have you considered the Princess' wishes?"

"They're of little importance when..."

"I strongly disagree" the young man interrupted, "where is she? I've taken such an interest that I'd like to ask her personally"

Lenlay:

The King reluctantly agreed, and told the young man that princess Elvira had gone to the gardens for a walk.

"Do you keep her under vigilance with your magic?" asked Lenlay, in a tone that was neither mocking nor serious.

"I could never! I was told by a maid just a moment before your arrival"

The young man made his way into the gardens at a leisurely pace, strolling among the flowerbeds and looking at each one with rapt attention. He lifted his gaze and it fell upon a sight radiant with beauty superior to that of any flower. A young lady of striking lithesomeness that was sitting on a bench, looking at the sky and exhaling lonesomely. Suddenly, he became aware of his own imperfections and lost control of the rhythm of his legs' movements; for a moment, he thought of retreating.

Lenlay ran his left hand through his silky golden hair and adjusted his clothes before approaching the princess. His appearance was normally enough to attract awed looks from women and men alike, but he was now insecure about it.

"He gets bored easily", said he to Elvira, refering to the dragon that flew far overhead, "so he plays a game where you have to eat the clouds until the sky is clear". After a brief pause, the man bowed. "Please, forgive my discourtesy. I'm Lenlay, just like that. We have no last names"

Last edited by a moderator:
Elvira:

An unfamiliar, compelling scent on the breeze was the first indication Elvira had of another presence in the garden. The next was a hint of movement in her peripheral vision. She called to mind her self-defense lessons, trying at the same time not to visibly tense up. The young woman then casually turned her head, face still upturned, so she could properly see her mysterious companion. Her breath caught in her chest at the sight.

Now there's a man I wouldn't mind marrying, she thought wistfully. She'd seen her fill of roguishly handsome guards and dapper young courtiers, but something about this man's exotic grace and intent gaze immediately topped Elvira's list. It was a mental list she kept carefully against the day she'd have to marry some pudgy old man for the good of the kingdom. She might be lucky enough to be paired with someone as attractive as this stranger, but the odds weren't in her favor and she didn't care to nurture irrational hopes. Recognizing the fine clothes of a courtier, not a servant or guard, she stood and turned to face the young man properly.

At first, she didn't quite understand the man's words. As he paused, Elvira finally caught on. Her gaze flicked up to the dragon again, and a startled look briefly slipped past her careful facade. Eating clouds for fun, how amusing! But how does he know...? Then the man—Lenlay—introduced himself. She habitually returned his bow with a small curtsy, her mind aflutter. No last names? We? She felt like she was tackling a simple problem and being incredibly dense about the whole thing, which was not a pleasant sensation for the princess.

"Not at all. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lenlay. What brings you to these gardens today?" she asked curiously. It never occurred to her to introduce herself. She was far too used to people knowing who she was, or to formal introductions made by a third party.

Lenlay:

After perceiving the emphemeral expression of wonder that had escaped Elvira when she looked at the dragon once more, the man felt his tension being released like a hot breath that ascends into a dark winter sky. The initial shock must have gotten the best of me, for I had never seen a human female of such alluring features, he thought, as the question asked by the princess did not enter his mind. Is she observing my face? Is something the matter?

When he understood that the young lady was expecting an answer, Lenlay became aware of his own thoughtful face and blushed, embarassed of his involuntary exhibition of the very trait that he hated in his brother. My, my, could his absence of mind have infected me as well? Why would I imitate such a distasteful conduct? Banlay must never know of this, or he'll mock me for eternity! No, that's not the worst possible situation... He might want to discuss his philosophical ideas with me! Death by boredom is a cruel thing indeed!

"My most genuine apologies, fair maiden", he said at last, with a broad and bright grin, "I've come looking for princess Elvira". He glanced at the gardens, devoid of human life other than the person in front of him, and redirected his gentle gaze toward the young woman's eyes. "That is, I've come searching for you, if I'm not mistaken. His Majesty spoke marvels about his daughter, and I was captivated by the thought of meeting you. Besides, there's an important matter in which you must partake"

Evira:

Elvira watched, fascinated, as a blush spread across the man's cheeks and faded away again. The princess knew she was attractive. She and her maid worked hard to keep her looking her best, and she was used to seeing proof of the results in men's expressions. Something about Lenlay's reaction, though—losing his train of thought, innocently blushing when he was caught daydreaming in the middle of conversation—something about it made Elvira's heart start racing. Then her heart stopped for an endless moment as he smiled. It was a most beautiful smile, reaching all the way to his shining eyes, set on the backdrop of a smooth and perfectly symmetrical face. As her heart stuttered back to life, Elvira felt like she might be melting inside.

Relax, she told herself, deep breaths. Someone with no last name was not a suitable marriage partner for the heiress of a kingdom, even if he was dressed as a courtier. She couldn't afford to become smitten with someone she couldn't marry. The pleasant melting sensation became a painful wilting before the princess mentally shoved it aside and made sure she still had perfect control of her facial expression. She hoped her control had not slipped and that none of the whirling emotions had been visible to this near stranger.

"My dear father is far too doting to provide and unbiased description of my capabilities, I'm afraid," Elvira answered with a small smile. "Here, let us sit and you can tell me what it is I can do for you, Lenlay," she offered, gesturing to the bench and preparing to sit when he did. It sounded as if her father had sent the man to seek her out, which made her quite interested to hear more about this 'important matter.'

Lenlay:

"It shall be my pleasure to accompany your Highness. However, be not mistaken, for my words will benefit none other than you", declared the young man as he approached the bench. Too doting of a father, is he? As I see it, he is lacking in concern for his daughter's happiness; nonetheless, a gentleman should never speak ill of a lady's father in her presence. "This is a lovely spot, quite colorful and fragrant", but the man's eyes were not upon the garden, "and a clear sky does enhance the view". His lips formed a smile with hints of longing.

How long has it been? This palace seemed more cheerful then. Lenlay evoked his distant memories of the time he had spent playing with a certain girl, an enthusiastic and untamed youth who would challenge him to races and cling to his tail when he took flight. He recalled being barely able to discern her facial features due to the copious amounts of dirt and mud that would most often cover her entire body while they jumped on puddles and slid on the ground. Yes, I'm certain. It was you, Princess, who'd climb onto my back and sing while I flew over the desperate servants that were trying to catch you and take you to lessons of etiquette. To think I didn't recognize you instantly! No, could it be that I'm deceived?

Ah, it matters not! There's warmth in my chest, a certain lightness of spirit, as well as uncertainty and fear; the contradiction of happiness. I shall make the most of this delightful moment. He tried to repress the flush of his cheeks and the renewed sweetness of his smile, but was doubtful of his success in said endeavor. "Were you informed about the motive of my audience with the King?", said Lenlay, looking into Elvira's eyes, then away at the sky and the figure of the cloud-eater.

Elvira:

Sitting next to Lenlay was like sitting beside a furnace. Oh, his body temperature was normal enough, at least as far as she could tell. The heat seemed to simply be a side-effect as every nerve in her body became hyper aware of the man sitting with her. Elvira nearly hopped right back off the bench the moment she sat, but she restrained herself. That would have been terribly rude. Still, the weight of his gaze made her skin tingle and her heart pound, and the sound of his voice so close to her sent pleasant little shivers down her spine. She wanted desperately to stop fighting, to give up control of her emotions and body language. She wanted to stare at all the small changes in expression on Lenlay's face, and guess at the thoughts and feelings behind each one. Then the princess realized she was already doing the last, and her will wavered on a knife's edge.

That frustrated Elvira. Who was this stranger, that he could make her lower her guard so? How could he make himself seem so familiar and comfortable, when they'd been speaking for hardly two minutes? What is wrong with me? she berated herself. Her eyes met Lenlay's as he asked a question, and she quietly despaired at the sweet, innocent joy she found there.

Glad her companion had looked away so quickly, the princess fixed her eyes on the flowerbeds. A new irritation filled her as his words finally registered. What secrets had her father been keeping, now? And what made him see fit to keep any at all, when she put so much effort into helping him run his kingdom? No matter what she did or how she proved herself, it would never be enough. Elvira knew her father loved her dearly, but he would never fully approve of an heiress with no magic of her own. Still she kept trying, and each time her efforts amounted to much the same thing. Careful to keep the irritation from her face and voice, the young woman shook her head. "My father has not yet made the details of his dealings with you known to me. I imagine he was simply waiting to learn your answer so he could tell me the whole of it."

Lenlay:

"Do you think that he didn't want you to worry over unfinished business?", said the young man, glancing sideways at her. "It's a possibility, but I, the greatest detective in the kingdom, have a different hypothesis", he turned to face the princess with a wide smile and eyes half-closed. He harbours little worries about your wishes, and no consideration for your feelings. "Methinks that he wanted to surprise you. Could it be... is your birthday drawing close, Princess? Oh, how inconsiderate of me to ruin a father's plan!"

Would granting a stolen gift, such as our blessing of magic, please his Majesty? A painful existence and the massive loss of lives would make poor presents for both your daughter and the world, but the thought of it does not trouble you, King. And how could you, brother, be so foolish as to think that a mere rejection of his request will be enough to stop this evil? Lenlay clenched his fist as he reflected upon those questions, trying to not alert the princess. And how could I be an uninvolved spectator in this macabre farce? He then caught sight of Elvira's delicate features. As his eyes got lost in the smoothness of her skin, his mind drifted in quiet felicity and the warmth of his chest returned. Would you share my view if I were to open my heart to you, dear friend? Would you protect my kin from your own father?

"Forgive me, but since we've come this far, would it not be rude to withhold the rest of the information?", said Lenlay, returning to a calm state. "King Alistair is very worried about your future and, of course, the future of the kingdom. Thus, he petitioned that you be granted the ability to wield magic". He gazed into the eyes of the princess, doing his best to mantain a gentle grin. "But I could not consider such a request without knowing your opinion on the matter".

Elvira:

At first, Elvira half-smiled as her companion spoke, though on the inside she frowned thoughtfully. There was an underlying irony in Lenlay's voice as he spoke of detectives, surprises, and birthdays that had not been present a moment ago. Had her companion seen through the excuse she'd provided for her father? Or was there some other motive behind his seemingly lighthearted playacting?

The question quickly turned insignificant as the young man spoke on. She stared into Lenlay's eyes, not daring to so much as breath as she processed his words. King Alistair had shared his concerns about his daughter's fitness to inherit his kingdom with an outsider. That shamed and infuriated the princess. He had then asked that stranger to grant her a magical talent of her own. The implications of that...the implications stunned and baffled her, leaving her with nothing real to grasp as one of the most fundamental truths of her life was made suddenly immaterial. She felt angry, confused, and more than a little scared. Worst of all, she felt a spark of dark hope come to life in her chest, a spark she'd thought beyond saving until now. She almost laughed at the young man's last words. As if her opinion held any significance, when her father's will was at play and his kingdom on the line, when the matter at hand involved magic.

Knowing her mask of control had slipped and unable to sit still a moment longer, Elvira abruptly stood and paced a few feet away, her back to Lenlay. Tension gripped every fiber of her being. She forced herself to take a long breath and think.

I want it. I want to finally be worthy of Father's approval. I want this more than anything in the world, and damn this man for offering it to me so casually! She felt a prickling behind her eyes, and was violently glad Lenlay could not see her face at that moment. Two more steadying breaths, and she was finally able to speak. "What you offer is impossible," she whispered harshly. "Do you think I haven't looked? That I haven't read a thousand tomes of magical theory, and a thousand more of history and lore, searching for some hint, some slight possibility that I might finally see pride in my Father's eyes, untainted by his worries for the future? Do you think the king himself hasn't searched tens of thousands of these tomes, that he might protect his precious kingdom from the hands of his magicless offspring? What you offer simply doesn't exist." The denial tore her apart from the inside, but it was the only way to protect herself from that terrible spark the man had planted in her.

Lenlay:

As princess Elvira stood up and started to walk away from him, the young man felt a frosty void in his stomach and a torrid surge in his limbs. Is she departing from my side? Have I offended her? My chest feels as if something had been torn from it; I've been robbed of the tranquil joy that her presence induces, and my arms wish to bring her back! Should I stand next to her, should I retreat? He gripped the bench tightly, sitting on the edge of it. Oh, what a pitiful display I am putting forth!

He gazed into the young lady's back and revised his own previous words, trying to find what had begotten such an afflicted reaction from her. When the Princess inhaled and began to speak, Lenlay listened avidly and soon found himself looking away as his upright posture sank into a sad hunchback. I understand. Is your desire for power truly that deep, that painful? Still, I must admit that your unyielding negation is beneficial to me. Should I support you in that denial and have you convince your father of the impossibility...? What good would come of telling you the truth now, only to inform you afterwards that the request has been decidedly rejected from the very beginning? I couldn't bring myself to shatter your renewed hope, nor to lie and extinguish it completely. Wait, aren't both options the same? Have I walked into a path without escape?

"I would never doubt your determination and that of your father, but books are only written by humans", said Lenlay, slowly getting up and with a trembling voice. He stepped silently toward Elvira, doing his best to regain composure, and stood firmly in front of her. "Now that your interest has been subtly confirmed, what are you willing to offer in exchange? Your father will be enraged when he discovers that the negotiation is taking place without him!" The young man tried to laugh, but did not succeed. "Be warned: neither land nor titles entice us. If you wish, I can give you time to think carefully".

Elvira:

Written by humans? Us? Distracted, Elvira put these phrases together with the oddities she'd noticed earlier, and suddenly the puzzle was complete before her eyes. Lenlay is a dragon, she thought with wonder. I'm speaking to a dragon that's taken human form. Her understanding briefly pulled her attention away from the issue at hand. Her eyes, blissfully dry again, widened at the being before her. When the serious subject of their conversation returned to the forefront of her mind a moment later, she somehow felt better able to cope.

Dragons were made of the essence of magic, and few human wizards could compare to the raw talent even the weakest dragon possessed. If magical ability could be granted to an ungifted girl, the dragons would know how it could be done. And, conveniently, here was a dragon, offering an exchange. No, not conveniently, she remembered. Her father had set this meeting up, though he hadn't meant for Lenlay to negotiate with her directly. The princess drew herself up straight, her control and confidence returning. Here was a chance to truly prove herself. But there was a slight problem with that.

Meeting Lenlay's eyes firmly, she realized how rude she'd been acting until just then. "My deepest apologies for my behavior," she said with a small curtsy. "This can be a...touchy subject around my father and myself. As you've seen, I want little more than to be the fit and able heir that my father deserves. Unfortunately, I have little more to offer than lands or titles. I have other political influences, which I suspect you do not need or want. I have wealth, but I can only offer so much without harming the kingdom's people, a consequence that is counterproductive to becoming the ruler I want to be one day, and I consequence I will not force on my people. I have knowledge, but it cannot hope to compare to the knowledge your kind already possesses. I have my station and virtue, but the advantages of my hand in marriage amount to little more than the same political power I could offer you otherwise."

Giddily, a small part of Elvira's mind realized she could marry this man, this dragon, after all. He may not have a last name, but if he could really give her what he claimed, her father would surely approve. Setting the thought carefully aside, the woman spread her hands wide, displaying their emptiness for Lenlay to see. "Please, tell me if any of the things I have is enough to grant my wish. If not, there must be something I have to offer, or you would not be here negotiating with my father and me. I would like to hear your price."

Lenlay:

He nodded with a feigned smile as the Princess voiced her apologies. It begins. I've fed her hope to avoid the path of deceit; chosen the most painful alternative for her, only to save my worthless morality! And yet, naught is gained, for she'll brand me a shameless tantalizer when Banlay crushes her most desired wish. And who's to take the blame for this? Who is responsible for the suffering inflicted upon her and myself? Perhaps I should atone for this error by giving my life as a means to grant her the blessing of magic? But, how? Is there a way to infuse such talent into a human without befouling the Allsource? Could one life be spent, instead of many?

Caught in premature agony, the young man could barely pay half-mind to Elvira's offers and explanations.
Land, gold, political power. All meaningless. Indeed, you have nothing to offer; never had and never will have. Your fate of eternal want and everlasting frustration was sealed from the very... Marriage? Lenlay prepared himself for a ferocious blush to burn his face and force him to hide from the Princess' view. It did not happen. After the initial state of perplexity, he was stricken by a sudden realization. His gentle gaze dropped and a bitter taste troubled his tongue.

You speak of marriage in the same breath as wealth and power, and without the slightest allusion to love? Are you willing to trade your life's happiness for a chance to impress that heartless father of yours? Do you find solace in the thought of uniting with a handsome man? What would you have done if I had taken a hideous form? No, the answer to that is better left unknown, for it might bring yet deeper pain to the both of us. Human misery never seems to end!

When princess Elvira extended her hands and inquired about the price, Lenlay pondered for a moment, biting his lip. "Sadly, the price is not mine to determine, your Highness", said he, gazing into her eyes once more and grasping one of her hands with both of his. "Still, if you'll allow me the audacity, I shall be honored to pursue your love and earn the right to take your hand in marriage. I know not if any offspring of ours would possess the gift of magic, but..." He choked on the words.
What am I saying? Why did I stray from the subject in such a rude manner? He let go of the Princess' hand and looked away shyly. "Forgive me, your Highness. Please, let us return to the discussion. As I said, the authority to accept or decline his Majesty's request resides in my elder brother, Banlay, and he is prone to making unreasonable demands".

Elvira:

That...isn't fair, Elvira thought lamely, her breath caught in her chest. Lenlay had offered her yet another tantalizing impossibility, that of true courtship pursued for the sake of the heart. In her mind she saw the scene unfold, days and days spent simply coming to know one another, motivated by companionship and untainted by political plotting. She wanted it, the desire different from her need to prove herself to her father, but just as powerful. She almost wished Lenlay hadn't changed the subject back to business. Irritated with the wildness of her emotions today, she mentally set them aside once again. I must marry to the advantage of the kingdom. It is my duty as princess and heir.

Mind clear once again, the princess wondered what Lenlay was doing there. If his brother, Banlay, had not named an acceptable price, why had the younger dragon been sent to negotiate at all? Elvira grew ever more doubtful that the brothers could fulfill such a promise in the first place, and she tried to determine what other plot might be at hand. "In that case, perhaps I could come meet your brother and negotiate directly," she offered. "If he is serious about this offer, I would like to hear his demands, however unreasonable they might be. I think Father would agree." At least, he would agree that it was worth hearing the elder dragon's price. It would, however, take considerable effort to convince him that his precious daughter must be the envoy for such a meeting. "How far away do you and your brother live?" she inquired curiously.

The thought of departing the castle for a time was exhilarating. She had never seen any of the world beyond the borders of her father's kingdom. The idea of it sank under her skin; now that she had a logical excuse, a previously subdued part of her arose, itching to travel, to explore new places. Idly, she wondered how many futile hopes Lenlay would ignite in her before this discussion came to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back