• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age TOTC: Rules and Regulation

Sopranos

The Sop

jx2AEyb.png

1. Rules and Regulations

1. We'll have a private OOC group therefore no OOC thread. If there are anyone outside from the RP want to share opinion or a new joiner, please send me a PM first. When you're accepted into the RP, I'll add you to our OOC group.

2. Basic rules that everyone wants, no one liner. I know that not everyone is a great writer and can write a 500 words posts everytime. But at least I'm expecting you should not just put in just one line of what your character say in the post (such thing leave nothing for other player to write). I don't require how many paragraph or words you should have in a post. If the scene doesn't inspire you that much, my advice, just talk about the surrounding, the situation and the same time interact with other characters. When leading the storyline, timely I'll give you some clue and guides to what you should post next.

3. Everything you need, any idea you have for our roleplay, you should freely share it in the OOC Group. If there is anything else you feel like you should come to me in private, don't hesitate.

4. No God-mode, Meta-gaming in role-playing. These are also pretty basic too

5. Whenever there is conflict between characters, players should discuss for an reasonable outcome.

6. Don't kill off OC without my knowledge and permission.

7. For now, I'm the only character so character accepting should be my responsibility only. And unless your character is accepted, please don't make any post.

8. I don't blame anyone for taking a break the RP for real life stuff or just don't feel like it. Just... if you can, tell me and everyone first. If I noticed have been away for a long time, I will advance the story without your character. I wouldn't want to make my players wait and risk killing this RP.

9. I make this a small group so that everyone would easier to get to know each other and work together. Therefore, please enjoy yourself and the little company we have here. If there is any misunderstanding that unfortunately make you feel uncomfortable, please just share with me and everyone so we can resolve it.

10. This is not just a RP group but also a small but also a precious bunch of Dragon Age fans that I'm quite happy to gather so I'd love to not just work with you guys but also discuss the series together.

2. Writing
First, about writing your content. As I said, I don't expect everyone to be a great writer and post a wall of text everytime. But I also want you to put effort into your post since your post is not just an update about your character but also what other players read and base on them to write on their post. I also said that, during quest, I'll lead the story and I'll also give you hint and guide on what your character should do so you can have some clue on what you should put in the post.

There are some I can recommend for you guys to have in your post so that we can help each other and make each scene easier for everyone.

- Try to read and understand everyone's post before you start writing: This is kind of important to role-playing because sometimes everyone make their post while missed a few points or misunderstood the post before them, therefore cause them to write something illogical or even irrelevant to the scene. Remember to read everyone post and make sure you get all the main points before you make your. If you feel like there is something you're unsure about their post, just ask them, we're a small group and I believe everyone would love to help out with just a few small details.

- Try to include everyone in the scene: As not every character is sociable and willing to interact with everyone as the others and usually there will be some lone wolves in most of the scene (not naming any names here... Fenris). Despite that, if they're posting, they're part of the scene and part of this RP. Therefore we should include everyone in the scene, their action, it's result and even better is to connect with it in your post. I don't want anyone here to feel like that they're being left out in the RP because their action have to result or meaning to the scene (since I've been there before, it's not a good feeling and does not encourage me to keep posting). Keep everyone included in the scene because they ARE in the scene and their actions matter.

- Try to interact with everyone in the scene: Another side of the coin to my last point, I want to say this to everyone not just the lone wolves in role-playing. If you don't connect with everyone, it's not easy for us to connect with you. From time to time you'll realize you cant just act alone and ignore everyone forever. I respect everyone character and I'm not telling to break your character personality and ask everyone their deepest secret (or telling them) everytime. Just timely, your characters should raise their opinions on the scene and any other details. Interacting not just about talking during quests, but also cover each other in combat, some funny accident,... There are also an off-quest/tavern thread so that our characters can talk to each other more, therefore your characters would have many chances to interact with everyone if you're willing. Interacting is the only way we can build relationships to our character and that's always an important point in everyone RP.

- Try to make your post detailed: Again, I'm sure that not everyone is a great writer and can express their full ideas into text perfectly, or in other case I know that English is not your first language. But it's important to make your post detail enough for everyone to read and easily understand. Everything about your character, their actions and results should be clear so that others would know what to expect. This should be a difficult task for someone, but we're all here and ready to help.

- Be ready to see your character get hurt: I believe this is okay for most of you guys but for some reason I feel like I still need to bring it up. None of us want to see our characters get hurt or embarrassed because their our precious babies and they deserve everything good in the world. But in many cases, being hurt is what make your characters great. We fall so that we can learn to pick ourselves back up and what is so interest about a hero who takes everything he wants without any effort at all.

For now these are things that I want to share with you guys so that we can collaborate well. More will come as I learned when I write will be added here.

2. Posting

I've been text-based role-playing in quite a few places and I can see that not everyone the appearance of their post. Some are okay with as long as the content got delivered. That's probably okay with someone I worked for a long time, but with a RP where I'm fresh and don't know anybody, I literally have no idea who is posting and who is killing since I haven't stayed there long enough to remember the players and their characters. Therefore I'll have you require you to have these information in your post.

Code:
[side=left]
[IMG]Character Avatar[/IMG]
Character name
[B]Time:
Place:
Tag:[/B]
[/side]

These information are needed to every posts, you can add more to your code anything you like. About your character avatar, when your characters are accepted, I'll crop from their appearance image a small (150x150) image to be the character avatar(use can crop them your own or use a different 150x150 image that you have), please use it instead of any other oversize/undersize picture.

When choosing font, size and text color for your post, you should notice that if all of them would nicely appear in both theme of RPN (I once turned all my text white and ask everyone why didn't they see my text. It's very embarrassed ; _ ; )

Beside from that, you're free to decorate your post with any kind of code you know. A beautiful post always attracts people to read them :) .

The Journal - Non-mission IC - Character Sheet - About Kirkwall - Main Plot IC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back