• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Phoenix made a face in response to Grace's teasing, and giggled back as she began braiding Grace's hair, before telling her the whole story.

"So, we're in the Fade, walking and talking and all that stuff. But it looked like Haven. It had the Breach and everything. He said that when I sealed the first rift he, "felt the whole world change" so I ask what he means ave he says it's just a figure of speech. So I said, "I'm aware of the metaphor. I'm more interested in "felt"." He said I change everything. I told him he was a sweet talker. So, then he gets all shy and flustered, which is adorable by the way, and looks away. I step closer to him, close my eyes and kiss him." Phoenix stopped to take a breath.

"After I while, I come to my senses. I mean, I just randomly kissed Solas! I start freaking out and pull away. I turn and I'm about to leave, but he grabs my arm and pulls me over to him and kisses me more. We kinda started almost making out. Then he pulls away, like he's going to stop, but then kisses me again. He finally lets go, and says that we shouldn't be doing this. I kinda figure out that we're in the Fade, and next thing I know, I wake up in my room." Phoenix takes another deep breath before continuing.

"So I go talk to him. As soon as I walk in, he says, "Sleep well?" So I decide to have some fun. I said that when I asked to talk, I didn't think we'd be doing it in the Fade. Or for that matter, doing it in the Fade. And you know what he did? He laughed! He apologizes, saying that the kiss was impulsive and ill-considered and he, shouldn't have encouraged it, yada, yada. Blah, blah, blah. I still wanted to make him squirm, so I said, "You say that, but you're the one who started with tongue." The look on his face was priceless! He looked all offended and embarrassed, and said that he did no such thing. But he actually did, so I said that it must not count of it's only Fade-tongue. He said it may not be wise, because it could lead to trouble. I told him I was willing to risk it, if he was. He said that he'd have to think about it, but maybe? I hope so. I really, really like him, Grace. Not to mention he's an excellent kisser."

"Well, there is usually one answer to that," replied Grace, getting an elven-braid for her troubles of listening to her. "Get him to kiss you in here too; not in la-la-dreamland. That is usually my territory."

"If he is getting nervous and squirmy around you - that already means, he is too shy to ask you out, himself. Men, whatever the race still remain the same - nervous around a female, and usually think without a brain," she added, humming gently.

"Except for maybe Iron Bull - he'd do anything, that walked on two legs," giggled Grace. "If you need any advice, on that subject go ask him. You won't be walking straight for a day after that...me and Sera knew that from experience."

Phoenix sputtered in shock. "What do you mean, you and Sera know- actually, never mind. Don't tell me. I don't want to know. Anyway, speaking of shy men, I know someone in the Inquisition who fancies you."

"Oh? And who might that be?" asked Grace. "And don't tell me, its Iron Bull - he fancies everybody. And that idiot idea, was under a dare and a barrel of Antivan wine."

"So, spill the barrel - who has a crush, on lil-crazy me?" asked Grace from Phoenix.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh, I don't know. Just some guy here. He follows you around like a little lost puppy," Phoenix teased, grinning. "I think I'll let you figure it out. Speaking of dares, we should get together with some of the girls and play Truth-or-Dare."

"Well, we got us. And maybe Sera later, Cassanda I can goat into with some teases. But damn, that woman Vivienne is some piece of work - she actually makes me want to listen," said Grace. "I dislike it, when people go 'mommy' on me."

"But I think, it'd be better - with the Breach first closed. So nobody can dare to, go jump into that Breach. Or have a demon crash our party," chuckled Grace. "Is it Cullen?"

"Yeah, true. We can celebrate with Truth-or-Dare. You can dare me to kiss Solas or something. Maybe Leliana and Josephine can join," Phoenix suggested. When Grace asked if it was Cullen, Phoenix was slightly disappointed. "Aww, you guessed it. But yes, he totally likes you!"

Grace squealed at that moment, giggling like crazy. "Alright, after everything - I'll need some elfroot, some rope, a Mabari, an apple and an elven robe," spoke Grace.

"So get some sleep, close that green hole in the sky - and in reward, I'll lock you and Solas accidentally in the supply room," chuckled Grace. "Or we could also have most-embarrassing-story-truth."

(Skip to Breach closure and Red Templar attack?)

"Since Cullen is Ferelden, and they like Mabari," replied Grace. "Trust me sis, I may have a mix of idiocy in this head - but its idiocy that has always worked."

(Alright)

~This time skip has been brought to you by Alexius~

Solas gave orders to the mages, while Cassandra bossed the Templars around. Phoenix paced and fiddled with her staff. She hadn't wanted Grace to come, because it could be dangerous, but Cullen had persuaded Phoenix that he could protect Grace. While everyone else prepared, Phoenix meandered over to Grace. "You ready?"

"Hey, I am not to worry - you have to close that huge hole in the sky," spoke Grace, nodding in agreement, giving her a last hug for support, before taking a step back, next to Cullem - giving Phoenix a thumbs-up.

The dozen Templars that they had soon, formed a half-circle around Phoenix and the mages - before roaring, and striking their blades into the ground. Even she could feel, less afraid - as the Templars were holding back the excess magic with their power.

Phoenix stepped away from Grace and towards the Breach. She threw her hand in the air, and began sealing it, when it exploded, pushing everything backwards. When she stood up, the Breach was sealed. Just like that, it was over.

"You did it," Cassandra said in disbelief.

Later that night, Cassandra told Phoenix that Solas confirmed the skies were clear, although still scarred and damaged. Rifts still remained as well. Phoenix pointed out that, since they still didn't know what caused it in the first place, peace was not guaranteed.

As they spoke, alarm bells began ringing suddenly. Everybody panicked and began running around. Cassandra tried to grab Phoenix. "We must get to the gates!" she said urgently.

"No! Not yet! I have to find Grace!"

"Trouble at the gates!" chirped Grace, arriving again with her elven hobo look. It'd seem she had been having fun of her own, before the bell had started ringing - followed behind by Cullen.

"What the heck is going on?" she added, midway, getting her stuff on and dressed. Managing to put up her hair better, so it wouldn't get stuck or flop around.

Phoenix made a note of Grace's look. She'd interrogate her later.

Cullen explained to Cassandra that an army was spotted in the mountain, quickly approaching Haven under no banner. They heard Dorian's voice, and when she opened the door, he was kneeling on the ground, unable to stand. "I came to warn you. I'm fashionably late, I'm afraid."

"Your friend I assume," spoke Grace, helping Dorian to his feet.

"What has happened? And is-are those Templars I see?" asked Grace, suddenly shocked upon seeing the mark of Templars approaching, or what she could make of their forms - they looked to be sickly and disfigurerd. Almost monster-like in their appearance, albeit that could have been her mind playing tricks. She silently wished, that to be the truth.

@Kestrel

I'm working on it. I've just had evening rehearsals and stuff right after work, which is right after school.

Phoenix nodded. "They are Templars...but something's wrong. They're all messed up."

Cullen said, "It looks as if they have been corrupted by lyrium. But that's impossible...the Chantry keeps a tight reign the lyrium."

Cassandra shook her head. "Whatever they ate, they aren't friendly, and we would prepare to defend ourselves.

"Then ready the welcoming committee," Phoenix decided. "C'mon, Grace."

Kestrel said:
Phoenix nodded. "They are Templars...but something's wrong. They're all messed up."
Cullen said, "It looks as if they have been corrupted by lyrium. But that's impossible...the Chantry keeps a tight reign the lyrium."

Cassandra shook her head. "Whatever they ate, they aren't friendly, and we would prepare to defend ourselves.

"Then ready the welcoming committee," Phoenix decided. "C'mon, Grace."
"Diddo, Fenix!" replied Grace, pulling out a few of her knives and throwing them as good practice. She soon followed after Phoenix with Cassandra and Varric in tow. Cullen giving the order, for any hostile templars to be subdued - rallying the loyalist templars they had around him.

"Damned to the foulest jailes of the Maker. Nobody should have that done to them," spoke Grace, following after her. "We sure could use a dragon right now..."

"Grace, this way. We'll head to the gates," Phoenix said.

"I'll come too," Cullen said.

"Perhaps I should come along as well, Herald."

"Solas!" Phoenix exclaimed. She hadn't seen him, and had been concerned.

"Shall we?" he said.

"Oh! Yes, of course!" Phoenix said. She occasionally noticed that he could be mildly distracted by him. Not that she was in love, or anything.

"Then, by all means lead the way."

Phoenix turned and jogged down the path towards the gates of Haven, drawing her staff in preparation of what would come next.

They managed to beat back several waves of Templars horrors along the way. Once holy warriors that had red crystals growing out of them.

It looked like they might hold it off - until a blaze of fire eradicated away all that they had managed to won.

"By Andraste' Tits! That's a fucking Archdemon! Blackwall!" yelled Grace - seeing a corrupted dragon flying above them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back