• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Downton Abbey

TheOddball

Allons-y!
For now we can just discuss any ideas! ~

These are the people who have expressed interest:

@Binnie Ryman @Arya Stark @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki @Aziraphale

The basic premise is just for us to play multiple OCs which would make up the household of Downton Abbey. I will come up with the family name and list of characters needed, and we'll try and divide them up equally.

Until I can do that, are there any questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah so we're not going be roleplaying the actual characters? Do you have plot ideas or are you open to suggestions?

Aziraphale said:
Ah so we're not going be roleplaying the actual characters? Do you have plot ideas or are you open to suggestions?
No we're not - we're just using the same setting. Its easier to use an existing estate, in a part of Yorkshire that's already established through the show ^^

I have a few ideas that'll be split into ideas for events upstairs and events downstairs - I know there will be overlap though due to the upstairs life affected downstairs. I'm completely open to suggestions - I have to add detail to the other sections of this thread currently.

Will Lady Grantham be American like in the show?

By the way, can I reserve a spot for the scullery maid and the youngest daughter?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll leave whoever plays Lady Grantham to make that decision - I'll come up with the family name and brief history soon. Been working on a few characters so I can use them as examples for you all on the character sign up page (I'll be putting a CS template there soon too)

I'll put you down for thpse spots! You both may have to take on another role or two if we don't get an even distribution. I find myself playing a very male group of characters (which is fine xD ), but I thought it'd make sense for me to play Lord Grantham and the Butler as they control things to a certain degree.

To all of you: I don't think this will work. I don't think we're going to get all the roles filled in or anything, and it'll be hard to manage as group. If one of you wanted to take it privately we could, but that would mean playing lots of characters and devoting a lot of time to it. Sorry guys!

I'm interested. What writing level? Is there a way to kick it off and sustain it with fluctuating RP attendance and not a full "house?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back