• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Dove's drawings, paintings, and WIPs

Mourning Dove

story enthusiast
RebellionHeader.png

Info/Tumbr
Hi! I'm Mourning Dove, 21, Swiss Illustration student, story enthusiast. I'm currently procrastinating, so guess who's rearranging their entire art thread. It's me.

I also have an art tumblr. Chances are, I'm gonna be more active there than here, so...come visit me if you'd like?

Please ask me before using my art. Don't worry, I'm pretty nice.
Also, I don't take requests.
I do take simple commissions sometimes, starting from 25$ for a character bust like the very first image in my 'Character Art' tag. If you'd like more info, just PM me and I'll tell you if I have the time and send you all the infos you need about styles, pricing, and payment.

Some Character Art
Character%20Art.png

The three images in the top row are TAZ fanart, the fourth one is art for an original quest RP I'm running on another forum.

Webcomic
PaW3.png

It's called The Princess and the Witch and you can find the first page here. It's still in its baby shoes, but I'm working on it!

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
I'm working on a digital piece rn, fanart for my favourite podcast, The Adventure Zone. It's taking me way too long, so I figured i might as well post some pics of my progress. Could be a nice way to keep track of things.
Not pictured: Me, desperately trying to figure out how perspective works. Me, halfway done, realizing I've placed the highlights all wrong and going "Welp, guess I'll just change the time of day".

Magnus sketch wip.jpg

Magnus sketch2.jpg

...Now I guess I'll have to add some details to that stupid gazebo :|

Last edited:
@Aster

Well, thank you!~

You know what, you just reminded me that I still have to upload the (almost) finished picture here, so I'll do that later today.

In a gazebo he built himself.jpg

Not quite finished yet. I think I'm gonna play around with the background a little bit more and adjust the brightness values of the light.
The end result probably won't be too different though, so I don't think I'll post it here.

Last edited:

PhosGoldenSharp.png

WinterandYou3.png

Hi it's been one year & I'm currently playing around with tinfoil and rocks to make fanart for a show about sentient gem people so that's where I'm at in my life rn I guess.

PhosWIPearlystage.png

Last edited:
Sup! So, I happen to be an illustration student (currently in my first year), so I'm pretty much always drawing one thing or another.

I probably won't post too much in this thread, but let's wait and see.

Also, I don't take requests, sorry. When I'm not busy with school stuff, there are like 20 personal projects I'd like to work on, so I really don't have the time.

I'm working on a digital piece rn, fanart for my favourite podcast, The Adventure Zone. It's taking me way too long, so I figured i might as well post some pics of my progress. Could be a nice way to keep track of things.

So, this is where I'm at right now:

View attachment 230113

Not pictured: Me, desperately trying to figure out how perspective works. Me, halfway done, realizing I've placed the highlights all wrong and going "Welp, guess I'll just change the time of day".

Still have to paint Magnus some clothes, work on the light a bit more, finish the gazebo, and add some background.

DOVE LISTENS TO THE ADVENTURE ZONE

Day made twice

also this artwork??? broke my heart? so uh... thanks???

New Opening Post
Hey! I've finally gotten over my fear of code, so my opening post's all fancy now, with a bunch of new drawings and info.
I've also restructured some of my other previous posts and added one more piece of Houseki no Kuni fanart to the last one.

Now, on to the important stuff: Some art for Electric Sheep, a RP run by Bang Bang Bang Bang that is so much fun I just had to draw this scene. Featuring Bang Bang's and Dover Dover 's characters Boy and Sami and about 1/6th of my Scotch.

TheTrio.png

Also for Electric sheep, my (mostly) NPC Hermes, and a smol banner for my main Scotch, who is based on an artwork by littleulvar.

Hermessmol.png

Scotch.png

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Voilà:

View attachment 232956

Not quite finished yet. I think I'm gonna play around with the background a little bit more and adjust the brightness values of the light a little bit.

The end result probably won't be too different though, so I don't think I'll post it here.

Hmm how about an old painting as apology for the long wait?

View attachment 232967

Present for my grandparents from a year ago. Oils on canvas with a picture used for reference.

New Opening Post
Hey! I've finally gotten over my fear of code, so my opening post's all fancy now, with a bunch of new drawings and info.
I've also restructured some of my other previous posts and added one more piece of Houseki no Kuni fanart to the last one.

Now, on to the important stuff: Some art for Electric Sheep, a RP run by Bang Bang Bang Bang that is so much fun I just had to draw this scene. Featuring Bang Bang's and Dover Dover 's characters Boy and Sami and about 1/6th of my Scotch.

Also for Electric sheep, my (mostly) NPC Hermes, and a smol banner for my main Scotch, who is based on an artwork by littleulvar.

thou art a blessing and a gift sad birb //(TTwTT)// all hail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back