• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Double Life

Jacob smiled as he watched Gisela sitting opposite him, silent admiring her as she chatted to him, finding her sheepish smile adorable. Answering with a sheepish smile of his own, he ran a hand though his hair, feeling pleased yet slightly embarrassed at her compliment. He was rarely seen by people who knew him outside of work, so he was known for looking smart in his designer suits and his neat appearance.

Truthfully he had never felt comfortable in a suit, which was probably due to him growing up in them. His Fathers clothing of choice was a suit, no matter the occasion. But Jacob had always found them restrictive, but like the good son he was, he didn't voice these opinions and dressed to suit his fathers wishes. Since Jacob had bought his own apartment and started the band he had the freedom to experiment with what suited him best. Whilst his current ensemble was much more causal that his suits, he found that he didn't feel comfortable in completely casual wear, and had quickly ditched the ripped skater jeans for smart skinny jeans.

"No one has ever called me Jake before. But I don't mind if it's you saying it." He replied with a smile, taking a sip from his coffee. She was right, this was good coffee. "Ah, we are different in that respect then. I am definitely a coffee person." He grinned before glancing at his wrist, they still had most of the day, and he wanted to be sure she knew this was a date. "Gisela, if your free, did you want to turn this into a proper date and do something else once we are finished with coffee?" He asked, cheeky smile in place, hoping she couldn't tell how nervous he was about her answer.

"I'd love to." Gisela smiled widely at Jacob, unable to contain her excitement very well. She was extremely happy that this was a date and that he wished to spend more time with her. Gisela couldn't even focus enough to give a solid thought as to how long she'd been wanting to be around him. He had such attractive qualities about him; his looks, his smile, his eyes, he was good at his job and he can sing! Jacob was probably the most perfect package she could have imagined. But Gisela was an awkward woman, in a lot of respects. She often remained quiet because she couldn't collect her thoughts well enough to form a cohesive sentence. And she blushed a lot.

Which she was doing right now. Realizing her cheeks were suddenly very hot, her hazel eyes diverted down from Jacob's face and looked down at the table. Her long and dark eyelashes brushed against her prominent cheekbones like feathery fans. "If you wanted to stay in this part, there's not much in the ways of exciting. It's interesting around here, but it's mostly a chill kind of place. Cafes, restaurants, live music, hookah, shopping," Gisela lists off a few examples, her eyes lifting to chance a glance at him. And it didn't go unrewarded.

She'd spent the entire night thinking about Jacob after he walked her home. How he smelled and the way his smile seemed to light the room. Her memories didn't do the real thing very much justice. Even with the memories being fresh in her mind, right now, she could swear he somehow looked infinitely better. Gisela gave him a small smile then took a sip of her sweet and warm coffee. "But," she began, looking into the cup.

"I am free for the rest of the night and tomorrow. So I don't really care where we go or what we do. I've got plenty of time."

Jacobs smile widened into a grin at her answer to his question, elated that she wanted to spend more time with him. He had been waiting for this time for them to spend together since last night, so he was going to make the most of it, he wasn't just going to sit on his feelings and let this opportunity to walk by. He could feel her excitement from where he was sitting and it was catching, and he couldn't help but look at her from the corner of his eye as he sipped his coffee. Smiling as she caught him looking at her he laughed slightly at himself, completely drawn to the woman sitting next to him.

Running his hand through his hair he nodded to her suggestions. In truth he really didn't mind what they did, they could go dumpster diving for all he cared, as long he was spending time with her. "Any of those suggestions sound good. It's a beautiful day, we could always go for a walk as we decide?" He suggested.

Normally Saturday was his favourite day of the week and the day he would rehearse with the band, or would work on his songs, but today he found he didn't mind that he was going to miss that. "For you I am free all day, and tomorrow morning too." He paused for a second, reminded that he had his weekly meet up with his parents tomorrow. That was an engagement he could not miss. "However I am meeting my parents for Sunday dinner, which unfortunately I can't miss." He told her, trying to keep his tone light as he explained. Ever since he had moved out of his parents house the weekly Sunday meal had been torturous. Not wanting to spoil the mood he smiled at Gisela. "But until then, I am all yours."

"Are you saying you want to spend the night with me, Jake?" Gisela asked teasingly, sticking her tongue out before giggling a bit. "I'll be right back." She pushed back her chair and stood up, making her way to the bathroom. What kind of joke was that?! Well, it was pretty funny. Gisela was sure something else would have been more appropriate, but she got a laugh out of it so she didn't completely regret letting the joke slip from her lips.

In the restroom, Gisela checked her hair and then fixed her lip gloss since drinking the coffee had made most of it come off. She suddenly felt as though she looked a bit plain for their now-for-sure date today. But there was nothing she could do about it. She'd just have to let it be, for now.

When she returned to Jacob, her cheeks were still a refreshing shade of pink and she flashed him a warm smile. Even looking at him now, Gisela couldn't help but think of how cool he looked. He really did look fabulous. On stage, there was this glow to him that she couldn't help but be drawn to. Like some shameless groupie fawning over her idol from afar. But he was so close to her. Up until now, she'd never considered herself to be special. She was artistic, but by no means was she Picasso. And she did mostly anything she did well, but never really did it the best. Gisela was mediocre. It was something she came to peace with a long time ago. Though she didn't feel that way when Jacob looked at her.

Well, she did. He was just plain awesome and all the girls at the office thought he was so handsome. Gisela's quiet and reserved nature meant she tended to fade into the background and observe from afar. When she caught him looking at her, it was never as though he shared that mentality. She felt special in his eyes. Why, she hadn't a single clue. Which lead to confusion. And when she tried to process it through, the solutions remained improbable or unlikely. What would a guy like him see in a girl like her?

Jacob chuckled at her teasing him about his comment, hoping that she couldn't see the slight blush that crept up his cheeks as she left the room. He knew that she was joking and possibly even flirting with him, but he hoped he wasn't coming across too strong. Whilst Jacob was certainly no virgin, he was still quite traditional in his views. He had never had a one night stand and had never seen the appeal. Whilst many of his friends and work colleagues had taken part in one nighters and proceeded to over share the next day, Jake had never participated in these conversations, even walking away from them on several occasions. They joked and teased him about being a prude, but frankly he just respected his partners and himself.

Whilst Jacob waited for Gisela to return from the bathroom, he sat nursing his coffee between his hands, caught between excitement and nerves. Thinking again over her last comment he smiled slightly, shaking his head ruefully. Did he want to spend the night with her? Absolutely, which was why he had to be careful. He could very easily loose control of himself around this girl. She was gorgeous, that was undeniable, but it wasn't her looks that attracted him to her so much. It was the look she got in her eye when she was smiling at him, the warmth of her conversation, and Jacob was pretty sure she didn't realise any of this. He had seen the looks other men had given her, both at the office and the bar the other night, and he was pretty sure non of them were admiring her personality.

As Gisela walked back towards him he glanced up from his coffee, his eyes lighting up as he saw her. He wasn't sure what exactly a gorgeous girl like her saw in him, but he was extremely grateful for whatever that was. With a smile that would have made the Cheshire Cat proud he stood to greet her. "Are you ready for our little adventure?" He asked, holding out his arm for her to take. He wasn't quite sure what the plan was for that evening, but as long as he was with Gisela he was happy.

(That time I wrote a response to this ages ago and it didn't even post >_> literally was about to message you and see if everything's okay, but i was like "no no lemme check and see if i just missed the notification. and then i saw that you were the last to post and i thought "crap, i did miss her post". except as i read it, it was the same as before. and my post wasn't even there. so here goes xD )

Gisela's cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink as she strung her arm through his and they hooked elbows. She wasn't sure if she'd ever done this before. Well, she couldn't call a time in which she hooked arms with someone seriously. And certainly never with someone she liked! This was a step below holding hands! Gisela had only dated guys that weren't really all that interested in getting closer to who she was as a person, and as a result, she didn't really know what it is like to be romanced. Her hand had hardly been held and never in public. Naturally, her face began to redden and she concentrated on what they could do. Her mind was coming up blank and they'd been walking for a moment in relative silence. Maybe a little conversation would keep her nerves at bay.

"We don't do dinners every Sunday, in my family." Her eyes flickered up to him, and she regretted letting herself do so. His face looked absolutely flawless in this light. And when he looked down at Gisela, it was like her heart stopped in her chest. Her glance shifted away from him and back on the sidewalk and buildings ahead. "I mean, it's not specifically on a set date, other than holidays or birthdays of the older generation. If there were no holiday, and it wasn't one of the elders' birthday, my family could go almost a month without a family dinner. And really, it's just spur of the moment. My family is huge so even if only some of us show up, it's still basically a full house. Oh and there's so much food. It's good manners to show up with a dish to contribute. Especially at my mom's house. My mom taught me how to cook so it's figuratively, almost literally, burned into me." She laughed a bit then lifted her free hand to push her bangs from her face to feel the sun.

"It's such a beautiful day. And these markets are to die for." She was drawn in mostly by the smell of the fresh fruits and veggies, but she veered off the sidewalk and into an open market. "We should cook dinner together one day!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back