• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Double Life

mystereieuse

peace, love,....., applesauce?

modern, detailed Double Life

a roleplay by @Laura and @mystereieuse

---closed---

Jacob McConell is an intern at a highly revered accounting firm. Spending countless hours studying hard under the pressure of his strict family, Jacob received perfect grades all throughout school. He graduated from an esteemed university that has churned out some of the wealthiest and successful businessmen of the world and will be in consideration for a prospective job at the firm when his internship is complete. But all of his scholastic and professional accomplishments were for the strict parents that pushed him to study hard. Jacob loved music and had a beautiful singing voice. He can play multiple instruments, all self-taught because his parents wouldn’t pay for lessons. Jacob started a band after graduating and it is quickly gaining popularity. After a set one night in the city bar, Jacob’s name is called from the parking lot the band was having a smoke in and it was Gisela Stroozas, an intern at the same company as Jacob. He had seen Gisela around, but they had never spoken until now. Gisela, an admittedly attractive person, frequents the bar and enjoyed the show. They begin talking and become extremely close. Jacob becomes conflicted when the band receives a chance to pick up a lot more shows around the city, but it will begin to interfere with his internship. Gisela supports him, but Jacob must decide between kickstarting his musical career or advancing in the career he's spent years studying for and months interning in.

Carrying his guitar case out to the van, Jacob smiled at the excited group of fans standing outside the back door of the club. Thankfully it was a warm night, so he didn't mind standing outside meeting some of the fans who had hung around to meet the band. He smiled awkwardly as he signed scraps of paper that were thrust at him. This was still all pretty new to him, and Jacob wasn't use to showing off his talent. In fact he had been keeping it a secret for as long as he could remember.

His parents has always pushed for him to study and work hard, and when he got an internship at a well established business, they were over the moon, keen for him to follow in his fathers footsteps. In their opinion writing and playing music was okay as a hobby for children, but certainly not a career. He started the band as a creative outlet, when he realised he wanted to focus more on his music. Little had he known that people would actually like the music, and the band started to book a few local gigs. His fellow band members wanted to go further afield, or even enter some music competitions, but Jacob was reluctant too as he was worried what might come from it, or god forbid, his parents found out.

Politely excusing himself from the group of fans he walked to the band van, placing his prized guitar into the back along with the rest of the instruments. Neil, the drummer of the band was still inside getting the money from tonight's gig, and Tom, the bassist, was still chatting up a group of girls outside the club. They would be a while yet. Sitting in the back of the van with his legs hanging out the back, he pulled out his ever present notebook from the pocket of his black jeans. Humming a tune under his breath he began jotting down some lyrics as he waited for his band members to come back to the van.

"Jacob?" Gisela smiles as she sees him sitting on the floor of the trunk. She didn't want to scare him, and figured she might startle him as some random woman approaching him and calling his name. "I'm Gisela. I'm an intern at the firm, as well. I'm sure you don't know me, I work on the second floor. I just, was at the bar tonight with my friend and after she left I stuck around to watch your band play. You guys are really good...." Gisela was blushing, now, hearing herself prattle on.

Really, she spent a good portion of the show watching him. Trying to figure out where she knew that face from. It dawned on her that they worked together. He had a wonderful voice and she found herself caught in his enjoyment for what he did. And the second half of the show, she debated whether or not she should approach him afterward. It wasn't until after he'd gone off stage and the DJ came up to continue the party did she go to the back of the club and exit down the back stairway to see where they'd gone outside.

She wore a pair of dark wash skinny jeans that had holes in them and her dark and luscious curls were hanging freely. Normally, she wore a bun or ponytail at work, but now her hair hung down to her chest, a dark contrast to the light pink flowing sleeveless blouse she wore. The night was a bit cool, in all honesty, but it didn't bother her that much. But now as she stood, standing on the curb off to the side of the car, looking at the man she'd seen around in the building. She was sure she'd never actually spoken to him, but sometimes she'd seen him sometimes when they both joined the coworkers that left the building for lunch. Of course he wouldn't recognize her.

Her hazel eyes became unsure and then she looked away, suddenly shy. "I'm sorry for bothering. I really liked your show." And with that, she turned, the rhinestones on the bow on her silver heels sparkled in the light from the parking lot and she started to walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely absorbed in his music and his notebook, and tapping his foot against the side of the van, Jacob was startled as someone called his name. Dropping his notebook into his lap he looked up at the familiar face in front of him. He smiled politely as he tried to place the face with a name, how did he know her? As she explained his smile widened in recognition.

As she turned to go, Jacob jumped up from the back of the van. "No wait, it's okay, your not bothering me." He told her, the name causing him to realise how he knew her. "Gisela! Of course, I've seen you around the building." He replied with a smile. He had seen her around, Jacob tended to frequent around the coffee machine during his break and he had often seen her walking past. Her smile had caught his eye, but he had never had the reason or opportunity to talk to her before. Maybe now was his chance.

At her comment about her enjoying their music he blushed slightly, a slight smile on his face as he ran his hand through his hair. "Thanks!" He still wasn't used to people complimenting his music. It was only in the last 6 months that anyone one had heard his music. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." He smiled at her once again, noticing how nice she looked this evening.

"You look lovely tonight.. I mean.. You always look lovely.." Jacob laughed at himself, running his hands through his now messy hair. "Sorry" He apologised. He was usually so calm and in control at work, looking sharp in his designer suits, he knew exactly what was expected of him and what he was doing. Here he was sitting in the back of a van, his hair a mess and not able to form full sentences. "Did you want to grab a drink? The rest of the band will be a while yet."

"I'd like that." Gisela blushed as he asked her if she wanted to get a drink with him. She was so used to being apart of a large family and not really being noticed amongst the masses that she was taken aback that he was paying attention to her. She normally blended in. Of course, Gisela had thought about his smile from time to time when she saw him at work, but when she saw him sing tonight....there was so much passion and she really respected it.

She had only made it a few steps away from where she initially stood, but turned and moved to stand closer to the car. Gisela had never seen Jacob with unkempt hair or wearing relaxed clothes. But she had now. And it was a good look on him. Though at this point, she was convinced he looked good in everything. Her smile was shy as she stood at such a close distance to him. The night was a little cool and had a light breeze that ruffled her hair ever so slightly. "I come here all the time with my friends. Though lately, boss man has been giving me a ton of last minute work. Like you know he fired Nolan from third floor, right? Well he gave me and a couple of interns all of his work that needed to be done." She shook her head and fluffed her curls a bit. "But my friends got me to leave home and go out for some drinks. They left at the beginning of your show. But I stayed to watch...." Her cheeks began to flush again as her voice trailed off.

"It's kind of funny. I wasn't sure if it was you. Like I saw you and your face was so familiar. But I feel like we stay so cooped up and overworked that we barely get a chance to see our own reflections in the mirror." She laughed a bit at that. Even though she was saying things that were slightly negative about interning at the firm, she didn't hate it, at all. It was inconvenient, at times, as was everything in the world at some point. It wasn't her passion but she did like the straightforward nature of the business. She tended to daydream a lot and it allowed her to just be in her thoughts for a while.

Jacobs smile turned into a grin as she said she would like to go for a drink with him. Closing the door of the van and locking it up, he turned back towards her. He noticed that Gisela was looking at him and he brushed a hand thorugh his hair, trying to tame it. “Sorry. Nervous habit.” He told her with an awkward smile. It was true that this was a nervous habbit, however it was a new one. He had always been sure of what he was doing, he had always been confident. However when it came to his music it turned him into a nervous teenager. Once he was on that stage and singing, he was fine, it was like he had been taken away to another place with only him and his music.

Jacob smiled as Gisela rambled slightly about work, seeing she was just as nervous as he was. He nodded, agreeing with what she was saying. Seeing her is causual clothes made a big difference as well, if she had been wearing her usual work clothes, he would have recognised her straight away.

He guestured back towards the club with a smile and started walking towards it. “So your friends..Did they realise it was me? I mean..I would rather that no one at work knew about the band.” He hurried to tell her. He was pleased Gisela had seen them play, but if people at work found out, it could get back to his dad, and that was the last thing he wanted.

"No, these are friends from college. They don't work with us." She then went quiet for a quick moment. "Come to think of it, I've never seen anyone outside of work except when we go to lunch." She laughed a bit as she walked alongside Jacob. Her hazel eyes were friendly and soft, and she was happy that she was able to carry on a real conversation with the man she'd seen around the firm. "Do your parents not approve?" Fearing the subject was too touchy, Gisela apologizes. "I'm sorry." In her back pockets were her wallet and her phone. Other than those, she didn't have a purse with her.

"How long have you been playing? I guess we've never had a chance to learn anything about each other, but I still never figured you'd have such amazing talent." Gisela thought she might sound like she was just buttering him up, but she really meant it. She was an extraordinarily honest girl, and at times, a bit too loose-lipped for her own good. Gisela stepped through the open side door back into the club, showing the bouncer the stamp on the back of her hand. It was a bit loud on the bottom level, so she decided to take them upstairs, where there were fewer people. Sometimes she and her friends would escape up here to one of the pocketed corners that were located just off the main rooms and hallways so the sound wasn't as loud. She walked over to the bar in the middle of the lofted upper area, sitting up on one of the stools.

Gisela's femininely sculpted face was accentuated in the lights and shadows of the club. Though she was merely looking to Jacob, her face appeared to be expressive and exotic. As the dancing lights reflected onto her face, the shadows swayed, accentuating her features in just the right way.

Jacob followed Gisela through the club, admiring the way the lights inside accentuated her features, and he couldn't help but think that she was out of his league. He was aware the some people found him attractive, but he wasn't classically handsome. He was also used to wearing pristine designer suits and not having a hair out of place, but here he was in his black slim jeans, short sleeved white shirt and black waistcoat thrown on over the top, and his hair a mess.

He was thankful that she lead him upstairs to a quieter area of the club, at least they wouldn't have to shout over each other to be heard. It wasn't as busy up here either, which he was also thankful for. He wondered how to answer her question about his parents not approving of him playing music, and just smiled and shrugged as she apologised. "It's okay. It's not so much that they don't approve, it's that they don't even really know." He explained, deciding the truth was easiest. "My Father always wanted me to follow in his footsteps, so that's what I did." He finished with a smile. He did enjoy his work at the company, and he was certainly good at it, but it's not the career path he would have chosen for himself.

Shaking off these thoughts he returned his smile to Gisela as they reached the bar, pulling his wallet from his back pocket. Being a member of the band he was able to get free drinks, but he wanted to buy her one, not give her a freebie. "What can I get you?" He leaned against the bar as he waited for her response and tilted his head to one side, realising he didn't know that much about her. "This is the prefect opportunity to get to know you better. Tell me something about yourself."

"I'll have a Vegas bomb." Gisela smiled as she named her favorite drink. She mostly frequented this bar because they made the drink wonderfully here. The peach schnapps, vodka and RedBull was a delightful combination. It was sweet enough to enjoy, and strong enough to get drunk off of. Her cheeks were flushed slightly as he asked her to tell him something about herself. She didn't even know where to start.

"Well, let's see." She tucked her hair behind her ear, revealing a lobe full of piercings. The girl was edgy and unique, though in general, on the shyer side. Her mind attempted to think of a good fact to give him, but her eyes kept being drawn to his unkempt hair. It mesmerized her, in all honesty and she very much liked it. But she also liked how he styled it for work. Both suited him so well. "I am from Chicago. Big family. Into painting and I collect vinyls." That wasn't so hard. She wasn't good at just talking about herself because she was so used to being irrelevant and overlooked. She didn't often receive interest in her personality. Gisela had an unmistakably large chest, and it drew a lot of attention. She often only received interest in getting her in bed as opposing to telling things about herself. She also couldn't always discern what it was they were most interested in knowing about her.

Her hazel eyes were soft as they looked into his, the lights continuing to dance. "It's boring, what we do. But I like that I get time to myself and to my thoughts. I daydream a lot so it's kind of like I get paid to daydream." She laughed a bit, a girly, yet hearty sound. Looking at him, she realized how out of place she might seem now, in her casual clothes. She actually wore a lot of dresses, or sweats at home, because she painted so often. But she looked different, still from work. She normally wore a semi-formal suit jacket over her button down blouses to draw attention away form her chest. She would sometimes wear heels, but if she did they weren't over five inches tall like the ones she had on now. And her hair? It was a curly and exotic mess now, but she snatched and tugged and pulled her hair back into buns, ponytails and other updos when she got out of the shower in the morning. She never wore her hair down to work, but it was actually pretty long, the curls themselves hanging to her chest. If she straightened her hair, it would be even longer.

Jacob smiled at her drinks order, before ordering it as well as a beer for himself. Paying for the drinks, he thanked the bar tender and handed Gisela her drink. Taking a deep drink from his beer, he sighed with contentment as his thirst was quenched. Playing the guitar up on stage and singing for the better part of an hour was pretty tiring, especially under those bright lights and every eye in the room on you.

Leaning against the bar he smiled as he listened to what Gisela was saying. This was his first opportunity to talk to her, and he wanted to get to know her. He had noticed her at work so often, but never had the nerve or opportunity to talk to her before. He watched her as she spoke, admiring the way, well, everything about her really, but especially her smile. Her laugh was infectious, and caused Jacob's smile to widen. She was the complete opposite to him, with her large family and creative outlets. Jacob was an only child, and while he was musically talented, he had always focused on, and been pushed into business.

Glancing at his phone he saw he had a text from Neil, the drummer, saying the would be a while yet before they were ready to go. Although he was tired, this pleased him, as he wasn't sure when he would get the opportunity to talk to Gisela again. Seeing a group of girls leave one of the booths, Jacob gestured towards it with a smile. "Did you want to sit down?"

Gisela gave Jacob a wide smile and nodded as he asked her if she wanted to sit. She had only imagined having the opportunity to sit down with the man she'd seen around at work. Come to think of it, she almost didn't go out tonight because she still had work to do, and she preferred staying up late to finish something as opposing to waking up early. But her friends were persistent, even coming to knock on her door. They walked to the club since Gisela lived only a couple blocks away and she wasn't put off when they decided to dip out early. She wanted to watch the band and she was so glad that she'd stayed because now she was sliding into a small, red booth with Jacob.

She took a long sip of her drink before setting it down on its napkin on the table. While it was a stronger drink, it was in a smaller glass, so with just a couple of drinks, it was already halfway gone. Gisela lifted her right leg slowly and crossed it over the other, leaning forward to rest her elbows on the table. "What about you? Why don't you tell me something about yourself?" She let out a soft giggle, her eyes on him now. Gisela's hazel eyes were intense, always reading and seeing things that weren't there. But they were also soft, a shy presence lingering in her green-brown irises. She was genuinely interested in getting to know Jacob. And she was genuinely sure a guy like him could be interested in a girl like her. She lived a solitary and modest life. Though she was sociable, she only liked to hang out with one or two friends at a time, if she wasn't going to be by herself. Secretly, she learned to spend time in solitude with someone. Romance had never been her strong suit. Her partners thought she was secretive, singular and uninterested. When in truth, she didn't want someone to leave her to her wine, stereo, canvas and paints. She wanted someone to pull up next to her and create with her. To level with her. She was just shy and didn't know how to express her cravings for intimate closeness with a person.

"So you're an intern at an accounting firm with a secret life as a musician. Your parents don't really know, and...?" She trailed off at the end of the short list, waiting for him to continue. Hopefully she'd be able to continue this conversation without embarrassing herself or making herself look like a complete and total idiot. She'd settle for like 45% idiot.

Jacob smiled at Gisela as they slid into the booth. He was surprised at how much he was enjoying spending his evening with her, spontaneous though it was. He hadn't really expected much from tonight. Sure they had done a few gigs and they had gone well, better than well, but this was all still so new and unexpected. They had done even better tonight, the band had played amazingly well together with everyone hitting the right notes, they had been offered another couple of gigs, and then to top it all off Gisela had found him here.

He brushed his hands through his hair once again, a nervous habit that he would never dream of doing at work. At work he oozed confidence, he always knew exactly what he was doing so much so that even senior members of staff came to him for advice. Here though it was like he was a different person and much more approachable with his nervous habits. Jacob had a couple of friends at work, but he tended not to spend much of his free time with them, much preferring to spend his time writing and playing his music.

Jacob was aware that she was flirting with him, and responded with a smile. "Well, nothing as interesting as you are." He told her, taking a sip from his drink and thinking what to tell her. He had never thought of himself as particularly interesting and had never enjoyed talking about himself, and now he was desperately trying to think of something. "Honestly there is not much to tell...I am good at what I do for the company, but music is my passion. I find it so uplifting and freeing..." He said wistfully before he trailed off, realising he probably sounded like a fool. He laughed nervously, before leaning forward slightly with a smile. "This may be slightly presumptuous, but could I get your number?"

"Yeah, sure. Of course." Since she didn't have any paper on her, Gisela pulled out her phone and punched her number in before turning it around and sliding the phone across the table so that Jacob could see. She left the phone there for him to look at for as long as he needed before leaning back to think about his response. When she was asked for her number, Gisela's cheeks burned dark red and had made her mind distracted. The strong drink had loosened her up, but this just made her mind even more fuzzy. Like she was some crushing high school girl. "I mean, that's good." She said suddenly.

"That you find music uplifting and freeing." Gisela added to her statement. "I think it's good that you're able to find happiness in your music. It's always nice to have something to help carry you through life. To make it a little more enjoyable." She reached a hand up to tuck a loose curl behind her ear when a waitress came by the table. She inquired about Gisela's empty drink and if there was anything else she could get them. Gisela nodded and leaned to the side, pulling out her wallet. She procured a bill, which was too much, even including a tip, and got another round of drinks for them. "Keep the change." Gisela gives the waitress a friendly smile and the spunky looking girl goes off to get their drinks.

"Your bandmates might be looking for you soon. I figure we have time for one more round. Then when you get home, you can text or call me. Or you can wait until tomorrow." Gisela was getting nervous now. The idea of being able to talk to him more made her feel giddy and excited. The blush returned to her cheeks and she looked off to the side to try and hide it. Though, soon, to her relief, the waitress returned with a refill of her drink and a fresh beer for Jacob. She took the empty bottle and glass before walking away from the table again. Gisela wouldn't be drunk, of course, but she was glad the firm wasn't open on weekends. She already dreaded work on Monday, but she'd gotten a lot done before coming out tonight. And, in the back of her mind, she hoped that Jacob would talk to her, if not ask to see her, sometime tomorrow or Sunday.

Jacob's smile grew wider as Gisela passed him her phone, and he quickly took down her number, saving it in his phone. He was really enjoying spending time with Gisela, and it was surprisingly freeing to be able to talk about his music with someone from work. Not to have to hide it or be ashamed of the fact he had a passion, and was actually good at it. It gave him hope that he could pull this off, that it was possible to balance work life with his music. Talking with her like this was inspiring him, and he could feel the beginnings of a song build in his mind. Had he been alone, he would have pulled out his dog-eared notebook and started scribbling down his ideas.

Jacob went to object as she bought him a drink, but she had paid for it before he had the chance. Smiling in thanks, he raised his drink in toast to her. "To chance encounters." He toasted with a smile, before nodding at her comment. It was true, his band mates would be looking for him soon, plus they needed to get all of the gear back to his place. Jacob finished his drink as they continued to chat, and before too long he received a text from his band mates saying they wanted to leave. With a smile Jacob leaned across the table and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. "It was great seeing you Gisela. I'll call you tomorrow? Maybe we could meet up?"

Gisela's cheeks burn bright red as Jacob gave one a soft kiss. His lips were so soft and her heart immediately began to pound in her chest. She lifted her drink and chugged the rest in a loose attempt to calm herself down. From her wallet she pulled out a couple of dollar bills and placed it under her cup as a tip for the bussers. It was a moment before she realized she hadn't answered him. "I'd like that a lot." She replied, scooting out from the booth. "I'll walk you out. I was actually on my way back to my apartment building when I saw you. So I'm headed that direction anyway."

She checked the booth to make sure she had everything. Gisela picked up her phone and put it into her pocket. In a way, she was glad she'd given him her number and that it was in his hands. He would have to call her, if he was interested in her. But if he wasn't, he'd have her number and they'd see each other at work and... She didn't want to think about it. Gisela always had a certain number of doubts when it came to anything even possibly romantic. Growing up in such a large family, she was always overlooked. And she grew in..places..much earlier than the other girls, so she was bullied for that. It wasn't even like she'd grown early and just reached the height of her feminine development. Her chest, hips and butt continued to enlarge through out college (mainly her chest). But she was by no means confident about it. She felt fat, though she wasn't, and suffered from a quiet insecurity.

Gisela walked with Jacob down the stairs and across the bar to the back door they'd entered through from the parking lot. "I had a lot of fun talking with you, Jacob. I'm glad we ran into each other. You know, outside of work." She gave a soft chuckle as they approached his car. Gisela waved to the waiting bandmates before giving Jacob a shy wave and walked around the car to the sidewalk. "See you later, Jake." The sidewalk opened to the street and she crossed it, continuing down the road. Her apartment building was actually just at the end of the same street the bar was on. That's why she frequented it so much. It was close to where she lived, and even if she got absolutely wasted, all she had to do was walk down the street and she'd be home.

Seeing the soft blush of Gisela's cheeks Jacob felt exhilarated, he never would have known that the evening would end this way when he woke up that morning. Jacob watched Gisela as she gathered all her items together, and he couldn't help but think how gorgeous she was, and wondered how he hadn't noticed it before. Sure, he had seen her at the office and admired her from afar, but she was different here, she seemed more free and unrestrained from the constraints of work. Jacob imagined that it was probably similar with him, he was a very different person at work to how he was now.

As they both walked out from the noisy bar and towards the van he couldn't help from sneaking glances at her, smiling when she caught him looking. He was aware that she may be wondering if he would live up to his promise of calling her, and he had every intention of doing so, but Jacob had always struggled to know when to make that call. His father would say that he should let the girl wait, and then let her come running to him when he did finally call. Jacob had never agreed with his father on matters such as this. Once at the van and they said their goodbyes, his band mates shared knowing looks with each other. Jacob didn't see any of this as he was too busy watching Gisela walk away down the street. It wasn't right that she was walking home alone, and the air had turned cold.

"I'll be back in 10 minutes guys." He called out, glancing over his shoulder at his band mates as he jogged down the street to catch up with her. "Gisela, wait! Let me walk you home. It's not safe." He told her, pulling off his jacket and draping it around her shoulders. His band mates would probably be teasing him for weeks for this, but they would wait for him, he didn't plan to be gone for long, he just wanted to make sure Gisela got home safely.

Gisela had stopped upon hearing her name and turned to see Jacob running toward her. She gave him a smile as he put his jacket over her shoulders. "Thank you." She said gratefully, then leaned in and kissed his cheek softly. "Though I am not opposed to the prolonging of our time together tonight, I actually live at the end of the street." Her giggle was soft as she raised a hand to point forward. Up ahead, this street ends and you can only turn left or right onto the main road. There was a large red brick building that looked newly built sitting on the corner. It looked rather nice and just from glancing at the windows and how they're spaced out, the apartments looked rather spacious, some even occupying more than one floor.

She walked alongside Jacob, moving closer to him so that the wind blowing from her side was spliced and forced to go around them. He'd surrendered his jacket to her, after all. And the only reason she wasn't wearing a jacket was that it wasn't nearly cold enough to be outside for less than a minute without a jacket and she didn't plan on getting drunk. Plus, it was a three minute walk to the end of the street. Which was halfway over, and Gisela was a bit bummed that they were halfway to parting ways again. As they continued down the sidewalk, the building came ever clearer into view, and soon, it was on their right hand side. A pathway led off from the sidewalk, which Gisela took them down, into a courtyard. Though the evening lights had dimmed down to the night low glow, it was still clear that the well-landscaped courtyard featured a fountain, trees and many types of plants and flowers. Though they were starting to get ready for the winter, it was still pretty to enjoy the courtyard on a day that wasn't so cold.

Soon, she came to a stop after following the pathway that lead to the left at the fountain all the way up to a thick, dark wood door with the number 17 on it. "This is me." Her voice was almost a little sad, but she didn't want to keep him long. As she spoke next, she took off her jacket and then helped him put it back on. "I'd invite you in to hang out, but I know you have to get back." By the time she finished speaking, her hands were holding onto the zipper lines of his coat, and her head tilted up toward him. "You should totally text me if you need a groupie or anything for your band." Gisela giggled and released his jacket, pulling her keys from her pocket and opening the door to her apartment. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Jake."

Gisela gave Jacob a warm, yet flirtatious, smile and began to close the door.

Jacob smiled at her comment, pleased that she appeared to be happy about them spending more time together, albeit not too much more time, judging from where she was pointing. Jacob admitted to himself that he was actually disappointed that she lived so close, and their time together was coming to an end so quickly. But he was pleased that he had offered to walk her home all the same, this was he knew she was safe, and it had reaffirmed in his mind that he definitely wanted to spend more time with her, even if that time would be tomorrow. Jacob took in the apartment complex and admired the accommodations, which looked fairly luxurious. He briefly wondered what it would look like inside her apartment, before dismissing the motion. He had never been 'that kind of guy', and he didn't want to start now.

When they reached her door he took back his jacket, noticing with a smile that it smelled of her perfume. Laughing at her comment her gave her a wink. "I'll be sure to do that." He replied, already planning out his first message to her in his mind. As she held onto his jacket he looked into her eyes, the temptation to kiss her almost too strong to resist. However when she pulled away he was glad they hadn't, he wanted to save it for another time, when it wasn't just a chaste kiss goodbye, and worried that she would assume he wanted to be invited inside. With a smile he gave her a dorky little wave and started to head back to the van, glancing once over his shoulder as he went.

For the whole journey back to his apartment his thoughts were on Gisela, it was a good thing he was not driving for his thoughts would not be completely on the road. As his band mates talked about upcoming gigs, he just smiled and accepted the teasing his friends gave him with a good nature. Once he was back in his apartment, he sat at his piano furiously scribbling in his notebook lyrics about a girl with stunning hazel eyes.

Gisela spent the remainder of the night before she fell asleep thinking of her night with Jacob. Recently, she'd been considering fate and chance and she couldn't help but revisit the topic. She almost didn't go out with her friends last night because she still had paperwork to do and turn in Monday morning for the firm; but she did go. She started to leave the bar and go home when the band came out to play; but she decided to stay and watch. And she normally exited through the front of the bar and walked around it to go past the side lot toward the back of the building; but she cut out through the side door. And she saw who she thought was Jacob, and decided to introduce herself. My, how just a few simple decisions change everything. Or nothing. It would change nothing if she didn't finish this paperwork. Or if Jacob didn't text or call her.

As she sat at the table in the kitchen with the various papers spread out around her. It was late morning and she had finished sorting through over half of it. Actually, more than half. All she had to do was check everything over and get it organized and then she'd be done. The cup of coffee to her left was starting to get cold and she really hadn't touched it. Normally she lived for the caffeine boost, but her stomach had been full of butterflies all morning.

Gisela's eyes drifted over to her phone that was sitting on the chair next to her. The yellow 5c in its white case had sat silent for the past half hour since she checked last. Or maybe she missed something... Gisela reached for the phone hesitantly and flipped it over. Nothing. With a sigh, she went back to her paperwork.

The organizing was an easy task and she finished it quickly and then stored the files in the folder and signed off on it. She leaned back in the chair and then considered what she would do. It was still early in the day and she shouldn't wait around by the phone in hopes of it lighting up. Jacob was cute and of course she wanted him to hit her up. But she wasn't desperate. Gisela would just have to be patient.

Gisela pushed herself from the table and stood up from the chair. She stretched as she walked back to her room and began to undress. She fancied a nice, long, hot shower right now. After throwing all of her clothes in the hamper, Gisela goes to her large white and silver bathroom, reaching into the shower to turn on the water and stepped into the warm and steamy bathing area to wash the stress of the paperwork off her mind.

Jacob sat at his piano, as he had been for several hours and continued to work on the new song he began furiously last night. Ran his hands over his tired eyes, he had only managed a few hours sleep last night. Jacob had been having trouble sleeping for year, and last night with his thoughts full of Gisela and the lyrics in his mind that demanded to be written he hadn't had much sleep. His half drunk coffee on the side table sat next to his phone, which was waiting like a promise. He had promised himself that he would not call her until he had finished this song, but he was stuck. Every time he went to write the next verse he couldn't stop seeing her smile which distracted him so much he made no progress. She was both an inspiration to his music, and a distraction. Laughing at the irony he decided he needed a shower to clear his head.

After standing under the hot spray of the shower he began to feel the tension leave his shoulders. Once he had finished, he dried off and pulled on some fresh jeans, leaving his top off and towel slung around his shoulders as his wet hair continued to dry. Making a fresh cup of coffee he sipped at the boiling liquid with a happy sigh. Sitting back down at his piano he glanced over at his phone, then to his watch, before looking a his phone again. It wasn't too early, besides, he needed some more inspiration and perhaps she could provide it for him he thought with a smile.

Leaning forward he grabbed his phone, thumbing through the phone book until he found her number. With a smile he typed in a message, changing it several times until her was sure it was right. "Good morning! How did you sleep? Would you like to go for a coffee?" He felt an excited anticipation as he pressed send, staring at his phone for several seconds after the message had gone. He wondered if he should have called her instead, but decided that it was too late now. Rolling his eyes at himself he decided to practice some scales on the piano, which always calmed him, while he waited for a reply.

God, was she happy she went with this apartment when she moved out of her parents' house. It was quite pricey, but Gisela had saved nearly every penny of birthday, Christmas and graduation money she received over the years. And the money she was getting paid for the internship was a definite help, as well. The apartment came with a spacious shower with a therapeutic head. She could change the water pressure to whatever she wanted and it was like she never ran out of hot water. She almost fell asleep as the water pounded against her back, soothing her muscles.

Drying off in her room, Gisela picked an outfit out of her walk-in closet and held the option up to her. It was a white sweater dress that hugged her curves. Her best friend, Nadine, had given this to her in hopes that she'd slink around in it to attract the opposite sex. She let it sit in her closet for quite some time, not daring to even touch it, but one day she became curious and tried it on. Gisela looked bangin' in the dress even though she knew she'd probably never get the chance to wear it. Maybe if Jacob ever asked her out to an upscale bar, or to a nice restaurant, she might be able to build up the courage to wear it for him. What was she talking about? She hasn't had a first text or call, let alone date, with Jacob and she was already worrying about what she'd wear "for" him.

On her dresser, her phone buzzed, vibrating on the dark wood. She crossed her room to sit on her bed and pick up her phone. Seeing that it was Jake texting, Gisela smiled wide and swiped so that she could look at the full message. "I slept well, thanks! I'd love to go for a coffee. There's a craft coffee café in Midtown I've been wanting to try. I hear it's definitely better than bitter office coffee. It's called Café Mo. See you there in an hour?" Good. She took the horns a bit. She was surprised at herself. Normally she'd have said yes, and when he asked where she wanted to go, she'd himhaw in her indecision.

Gisela wasn't going to wear the slinky white knit dress, but she thought a dress would be appropriate for a coffee date. She was excited, humming to herself as she thumbed through her options. She chose a feminine and frilly white dress with pink tulips on it. Slipping it on, she was happy to see that the dress was definitely a good choice. While it softened her curves a bit, though they were still quite noticeable in the drapes of the soft fabric, it would give him a little more cleavage to look at than the blouse she wore last night did. She took some time to put a fragrant lotion on her skin, rubbing it in to moisturize it into softness. Her hair was curling passably after her shower and all she had to do was put on some make up. She didn't tend to wear much make up. Her ethnicity left her with exaggerated features: high and sharp cheekbones, prominent nose, dark and sculpted brow, long dark eyelashes and a large, full set of lips. She usually only put on mascara to tame to eyelashes and some eyeliner to define her eyeshape. She rarely wore lipstick or did much in the ways of contouring since her bone structure provided enough natural shadows. But she did put on a faint berry colored lip gloss. It gave her full lips a little color. If she could describe her make up theme, it would be fresh-faced. She looked feminine, yet noticeable.

When she finished her make up, Gisela put on a pair of tan suede ankle boots. It was a little nippy out so she grabbed her blue denim jacket and pulled it on. Her phone was shoved into her pocket when she grabbed her purse and clipped her keys to side of it as she left her apartment to meet Jacob in Midtown.

Jacob was leaning against the side of his black grand piano, gazing out of the floor to ceiling windows of the living room. This was his favourite room in the apartment, and the main reason behind his decision to buy this one in particular. When he had come to look around the apartment, he had seen this room and could imagine sitting at his piano by the windows. It was a spectacular view. As he looked out the windows he sipped from his coffee cup, enjoying the rich taste of the liquid. A buzzing from his phone caused him to jump, and a small thrill of excitement shot through his stomach as he reached for it, hoping it was Gisela replying to him.

It was. With a smile he read through the message, pleased that she had taken the decision herself. He was so used to making the first move and directing the date, it was refreshing that she was deciding for them. Taking the towel that was still slung around his shoulders, he rubbed it through his hair vigorously as he headed back to his room to get changed.

Looking through his clothes, he frowned as he tried to decide what he was going to wear. It was just a coffee date, so he didn't want to look too dressy, but he still wanted to look nice. He smiled at the thought that he was getting dressed up for Gisela, who would have thought it. Deciding on his slim fitting jeans and a rockband t-shirt, he pulled on his black jacket from the night before. He couldn't help but notice a slight smell of her perfume from the previous night still clung to the fabric. Checking his reflection in the mirror, he ran his hand through his hair before grabbing his keys and leaving the apartment.

He arrived at the cafe early. He hated to be late, so he was usually early to everything, today was not an exception. He glanced in the window of the cafe, he had not been her before, but it looked nice. He leant against the wall and enjoyed the feeling of the sun on his face as he waited for Gisela to arrive.

Gisela arrived to the café a few minutes early and smiled as she saw Jacob leaning against the wall. She approached him, her curls bouncing at her shoulders. "Hey! Long time no see!"

What the hell was that? Long time no see? What a dorky thing to say. "I'm glad you texted. I just finished up with all the paperwork I had to do."

Gisela went into the café and ordered a small coffee to drink. It wasn't busy today, thankfully, so she and Jacob would get another chance to talk. The caramel flavored coffee was finished quickly and she found a table in a quiet corner to wait for Jacob at. She sat down and crossed her legs, trying to ward off the blush on her cheeks.

There was no doubt in Gisela's mind that she was nervous. How long has it been since she's been on a date? Was this a date? She was freaking out and began to take short and panicked breaths. Her fingers were icy cold, as they were whenever she was extremely nervous or under a lot of stress. But she managed to get the pants under control by the time Jacob sat down across from her at the small, silver table.

He looked good. Like, really good. She was still blushing, partially from worrying if he liked the way she looked, and also that she was finding Jacob to be more and more appealing. Her fantasies didn't do him justice at all. Ever since they parted at her door, she'd daydreamed about him. And now that he was sitting in front of her, he was more handsome than her memories recalled. He was dressed similarly to last night, so maybe this was more along the lines of who he was outside of work?

She wasn't far from him, even though she was sitting across the table, and she desired to be closer to him. Last night when he walked her home, she was debating on whether or not it would be appropriate to kiss. Looking at him now, Gisela wonders if she should have invited Jacob in last night. Of course he'd had his band mates to get back to. But if it were for just a moment of privacy, would he have kissed her? Did he not kiss her because they were standing outside? Well, it would have been highly suggestive for her to have invited him to her place out of the blue like that.

Maybe he was as interested in being close to him as she was....

Jacobs face lit up with a smile as Gisela arrived, and followed her into the store. Once she had received her drink she headed over to a table for them. Jacob quickly ordered his coffee and watched Gisela while it was being made, he couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked, and wondered how he had never seen it fully before now. Paying for his coffee he thanked the server with a smile and headed over to the table where Gisela was waiting for him.

Taking the seat opposite her, Jacob smiled as he placed his coffee down. While they were sitting close, he couldn't help but wish they were sitting closer. He noticed then how nervous she looked, her hands clasped together and a slight blush on her cheeks. She looked adorable. Leaning forward, he gently placed his hand on her arm.

"Don't be nervous. It's just me. Just Jacob." He told her with a smile, hoping she could sense the sincerity of his words. He truly wanted her to feel comfortable around him. He realised at this point that all of his nerves had disappeared the moment he had seen her arrive at the coffee shop.

Taking a small sip of his still very hot coffee, he looked around the shop, wondering how he had not found the cafe before now. His eyes couldn't wander far from Gisela for long though, and he smiled at her again, feeling the giddy excitement of being here with her flip through his stomach. "Your looking beautiful. I'm really glad you agreed to meet with me today."

"I know it's 'just Jacob'." She muttered softly under her breath. That was the problem. Gisela had noticed Jacob plenty of times at work. She was on his floor kind of often and had seen him often around the building. Of course, her hair was normally professionally styled and she wore colors that let her blend into her surroundings a little more. The women at the office often wore just blouses and dress pants or a nice pencil skirt and they had all eyes on them. But Gisela couldn't get away with that in the workplace. Her chest was quite hefty and when she wore blouses without a semi-formal or business style suit jacket, it would draw entirely too much attention to her. Attention she didn't fancy having. So she wore the jacket and the pencil skirts and dress pants. She could have easily been missed by Jacob because she never dressed in a flashy fashion.

But she was happy he was reassuring her. It felt good. She took some deep breaths and gave him a sheepish smile. "Thank you. You look really good too. I have to say I'm like your outside-of-work style. Suits you really nice. And why in the world would I not meet with you Jake?" She then blinked and wrinkled her nose. "I'm sorry, I don't know if you like being called Jake. It just sort of came out and I liked calling you that but if you don't like it I'll stop." Her fingers begin to tap on the coffee cup, a nervous tick she had. She wasn't used to being out on a date with anyone and was nervous about making herself look stupid. When really, it was her nervousness that made her look stupid. And again she'd called this a date. Was it? It has to be. You know what, no. She'll just remain open about it. If it comes up later about it being a date, then it's a date. But if he just wanted to learn more about her and hang out, she didn't want to get her hopes up.

"The coffee is so good." Gisela leaned forward to rest her elbows on the table, lifting the cup to her face to smell. "Fragrant and full-bodied. I mean, I don't really need caffeine and I'm not all that much of a coffee person. But this is some good stuff."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back