• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern DotC High

Bucky was a bit confused by her request to stay downstairs, but he didn't mind it at all. Instead he returned her smile with one of his own, and as they sat on the couch he grabbed the blanket off the back, putting over the both of them before wrapping an arm around her. He drifted off next to her, glad that he knew he had her to wake up to the next morning.
-
Bucky woke up early, feeling mostly refreshed though a hint of exhaustion was still inside him as he stood and stretched, leaving Korren tucked in under the blanket as he called one of his friends, asking them to buy and bring some breakfast over. After about twenty minutes of waiting, Bucky heard a knock on the door and answered, taking the food from his friend and paying him back before heading into the kitchen and setting it up. Three different kinds of pancakes. Chocolate, red velvet, and the normal kind. He set it all out on the kitchen table before heading into the living room. He didn't want to wake her since he figured she needed the rest and so for now he merely sat next to her, turning the television on to watch some comedy show as he waited for her to wake up.

Sage groaned weakly, his eyes fluttering open as the morning sunlight rushed into his window. He squinted around the room, noticing a breakfast tray sitting on his right, and to his left both Kilo and Winnie sat. He slowly sat up in his bed, hissing from the pain of moving his leg, before pulling his breakfast tray closer and eating a piece of fruit from it. He turned back to Kilo and Winnie, thinking for a minute. "Hey, Baby, wake up," he cooed, throwing a grape at Kilo. "Come give your boyfriend a kiss," he said, throwing another grape at Kilo, hoping to get him up. In the back of his mind he held many fears, but he was sure Kilo had been terrified. They had been through so much together and so for the moment Sage wanted to honor that with a happy wake up call. He wasn't getting out of this hospital anytime soon anyways, so he'd worry about the hard stuff later.

Korren slowly wake up, leaning on the end of the couch. Her vision was hazy, though it cleared when she rose up. Light shone into her eyes. It all felt like some terrible nightmare, as if when she woke she would be back with Sage again. This wasn't the case, though. She slowly looked over to see Bucky sitting there, watching television. For a moment she blinked a couple times. Nothing happened. All she felt then was drowsiness, and so she laid back down with a sigh. There was no time that she had to get up, so she stayed there to rest. The smell of pancakes filled the air, though she stayed in her place. It smelled delicious, and surely he wasn't the one who made them. She watched the television, hoping that there was something interesting on. The show he watched was comedic, though not necessarily something she would have watched, but she didn't argue.

Kilo slowly woke, groaning as he felt small squishy objects being thrown at him. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times to clear it away from the blinding light. Then he saw that Sage was up, and he had been throwing grapes at him. "Sage," He spoke loudly, jumping up from his chair and rushing to the bed. Without a second though he kissed his friend on the forehead before pulling him into a hug. "Gay piece of shit, falling asleep while I'm talking to you." He spoke in a lowered voice, holding on without thinking about his leg. A small chuckle fell from his lips, though he still stressed over his friend. After a minute or so, he pulled back, realizing that he was not being cautious about it leg. "Fuck, I'm an idiot." He brushed his hand through his hair, letting out a breath. It had been a long night, and now he had his friend there, awake. Nothing more was needed then, though he knew there was much more stress in the situation.

Bucky thought he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and turned, smiling when he saw Korren was up. It was that same genuine smile as last night, shining bright because of her. 'Hey, good morning, doe. How are you feeling? Are hungry? I got us breakfast," he said, reaching over to tuck her hair behind her ear and kiss her temple. It was nice to have her next to him, to pretend everything was normal. If he didn't think too hard, this could have been last year, before everything went wrong. It was just a normal day, and Korren had spent the night because she was studying too hard and Bucky wanted to give her a break from it all. Just a normal day, and she was waking up next to him with love in her eyes- only the love wasn't there. He tried not to think of that though, tried to pretend it was.

Sage snickered as Kilo kissed his forehead, hugging him back despite the sharp pain that travelled down his leg. "But I'm your gay piece of shit," Sage cooed, trying to keep the strain out of his voice. Kilo pulled back suddenly, and though he seemed to be reprimanding himself Sage only shrugged. "It hurts like fucking hell, but if you're into that kinky shit I'll let it slide, baby." He winked at Kilo, pulling him back towards him and licking his cheek, hearing the sound of a camera clicking before pulling away, smirking at Winnie. "Send that to me, Blue, I wanna make it my screensaver," Sage said and Winnie snickered but nodded. "I'm going to go to the bathroom and clean myself up, that'll give you boys time to be kinky together," she joked, though she sent Sage a grateful look, as if she couldn't thank him enough for waking up. He grinned back, and she disappeared out the door, leaving Sage and Kilo alone for now.

Korren glanced up at him when he spoke to her, moving close to be kind to her. It was strange still, so for a moment she questioned it. Then she came fully to her senses, understanding the situation. She moved to glance over the couch, seeing different types of pancakes laying out. "Tired," Faintly she smiled at him, taking a deep breath as she stretched. "Food sounds good." She slowly stood, walking over to the table. If it meant for her to have a brief moment to herself, she would take it. All she wanted to do was pretend she was with Sage, though that wasn't possible. By then they would have been cuddling on the couch, goofing around together. She didn't want to do that with Bucky. All she wanted to do was tolerate him, but she didn't want to push any more boundaries. Surely, though, those boundaries would be pushed someday, hopefully not today.
She picked up a plate and fork, as well as other assortments, setting them down in front of her before picking up her favorite pancake, the chocolate one. For now she only picked up one, placing it on her plate. She then placed a small piece of butter and light coating of syrup on it. Finally it was ready to be eaten, and lazily she began to eat. She tried to ignore the world around her, to pretend as if she was eating alone, though she couldn't do that for too long.

Kilo couldn't help but chuckle at his friend, wiping off his cheek after it was licked. For a moment he glanced back at Winnie, smiling at her for the brief moment he saw her. "Alright, love." He then turned back to Sage, his smile dropping slightly. Though he was happy for his friend being up, there was a lot on his mind. "We're gonna push through this," He stated, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder to reassure him, or rather to reassure himself. Kilo wondered what was going on in his head, though surely by now he understood what was going on in his head. So many things involving Bucky in such little time. Winsley and Korren both taken, while he was shot and left to die. "What's for breakfast, hm? More grapes to throw at your good ol' Pedro?" He joked, hoping to lighten the mood, to keep them from thinking about the world and what was going on in it.

"Funny that you mention breakfast," Sage said, turning back to his tray of eggs, bacon, and a fruit bowl. "Because I don't think you've been eating it lately- or lunch or dinner, for that matter." Sage let the jokes between them fall away as he looked at Kilo, much more serious now that Winnie was gone. "Kilo, you promised me you wouldn't starve yourself again and maybe it's not intentional, I don't know, but you're my best friend so I'm not going to pretend like I don't notice when you should be able to easily push me away and you can't even do that." Sage moved the tray towards Kilo. "This is your breakfast, and while you eat it we can talk about your relationship problems so we don't have to focus on mine," he added, leaning back against his pillows as he waited for Kilo to eat.

Bucky watched as Korren walked over to the table, pausing a moment before joining her. He sat across from her, grabbing a couple pancakes for himself and drizzling some syrup on top. It was quiet. He didn't like it. It made everything feel tense. What would he have talked about if they had never broken up? If this was just a normal breakfast between them? "Coach says I'm doing really well," he began, trying to pretend everything was normal. "We have a game coming up in a couple weeks and some scouts are going to be there. I'm set up for a full ride- not that I need it- so long as I play well." He paused. "Princeton is going to be there. And Harvard. I know how much you want to go to Harvard and maybe, maybe if they give me an offer we can both go." He stuffed some pancake in his mouth, trying to think. "I wanted you to be there, at the game. You could wear my jersey like you used to," before you broke up with me.

Kilo turned his eyes down to the food, sighing at the observation Sage was making, since that was the last thing he wanted him to worry about. He listened to his friend as he fussed at him for not eating, though surely he had every right to. With a sigh, he looked back at Sage. "You've gotta eat too, you know. Make sure your body stays healthy." He handed a few apple slices to his friend, before beginning to eat what was on the tray.

Once he was done, he pushed the tray to the side, wondering what to talk about with relationship issues. There were many, though most did not have to do with Winnie. It always seemed to be an external force, or something she just could not control. "You know, no one actually means forever. They just get excited in the moment of love. Surely though, forever means a long time, which Winnie and I want to spend together." Kilo smiled, though cleared his throat, feeling that the discussion was rather inappropriate for the time. He just hope that clearing that up would get things out of the way. Instead though now he wanted to talk about something else, though he wanted to wait for Sage first, just to see how he reacted to the topic.

Korren listened while she silently chewed, hearing him talk about football, the only subject he truly cared about. Just to show her engagement to the conversations every now and again she nodded her head, continuing to eat all the while. It almost made her chuckle how important he made it all seem, though surely she knew if he didn't get what he 'deserved', then he would just buy his way into the system. "Maybe we can," She spoke without even thinking, chewing on the rest of her pancake. Then he spoke of her coming to the game. In that moment she almost paused, almost refused him immediately because she didn't want to be with him for too long, but she couldn't. "Yea, I think that can work out." Korren nodded, though didn't completely smile. She grabbed another pancake, a red velvet one, and started to eat that one. What could she have talked about, anyway? There was nothing he would have been interested in, since all of her interests were historically and scientifically significant. That would bore him. She didn't want a bored Bucky. "I'm sure you will do great at that game. You always do." Korren spoke with a slight chipperness with the thing he needed to hear, something that would have never come from his mother. After all, it did feed into his ego.

After approximately 10 minutes, she finished eating her food. When she was done, she looked up at Bucky with a soft smile like usual, an almost automatic response to looking at him. If anything, he would not be allowed to see the turmoil going on within her. Not anymore. "Thank you for the food," Korren stood, taking the plate over to wash it off. She did this slowly, trying to keep her mind off of everything. Each little speck she scrubbed off, making sure the plate was clean before putting it in the dishwasher. Any other dishes left out on the counter she did the same for, wanting to buy some time for herself to think on her own.

Sage watched as Kilo ate, taking the apple slices and eating them slowly. Everything ached, and he wasn't too eager to do much work. Even chewing hurt, though that was probably because Bucky had smacked him with a gun. As he listened to Kilo, he couldn't help but notice his friend's smile. "Alright, whatever you say, but Winnie doesn't seem to be caught up in a moment and it makes me cringe." He took another bite out of his apple slices. "But whatever, I guess. She's your problem, not mine. And thank God for that cause I have a ton of fucking problems right now," he muttered, finishing off the apple as he reached for his phone. He had a message. From Chloe. "Fuck," he hissed, wishing he hadn't read it. Sage laid back, putting a bit too much force into his movements and yelping from the pain that shocked through him. He squeezed his eyes shut, hoping he would heal fast.

Bucky had been so caught up in the excitement from Korren's responses that he hardly noticed she was washing dishes until she at least had a couple done. "Hey, Korren, you don't have to do that." Bucky stood, walking over to her. "I mean I guess if you want to you can but who wants to do dishes?" His nose crinkled at the thought of it, and he looked back at her. She didn't seem like herself, still. He wished he could fix that. "You can do whatever you want here, you know. Just like before. The pool, the library- we can even talk about your nerd stuff. History and science and all that. Whatever you want to do, doe," he said, trying to be light and upbeat. Trying so hard to get her to relax and love him again. He was giving her everything and he didn't know what else he could possibly give. It was all there for her, whatever she wanted and whatever she wanted to do. Wouldn't that be enough for anybody?

Kilo watched over Sage, shrugging when he answered about Winnie. It bothered him the way he answered, though he didn't argue over it. There were worse issues to argue over, after all, and one popped up when Sage checked his phone. He flinched slightly as his friend laid back, yelping in pain. "Slow down, dude. Give it here." Without another word he snatched the phone out of his hands, looking over the text. Chloe. His blood ran cold, as his facial expression changed from worried to enfuriated. Then he thought for a moment, thought of something that just might work. How would Chloe even know where Winsley was in the first place? "Sage, you're gonna hate me for this." He began, handing the phone back. "We gotta get info through her, because I doubt that bitch Jay is going to help her out. He might've run off by now anyway. We've gotta start somewhere." Kilo leaned against the bed, pondering over what they could do about any of it. "Do it when you feel ready. I know that whore'll only communicate with you if you get her to gloat about herself or complain." By the end of his speach, he placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, looking at him with stern eyes. They both knew Winsley was in trouble, and surely by that text had a strong guess at Winsley's location. It was going to take time, but they couldn't sit there and do nothing.

Korren continued to do dishes as he talked, only turning when she felt him near to her. She looked down at the sink, thinking about her actions. Doing the dishes was the one thing she thought could do in silence, in peace. He didn't want that, of course, so it wasn't an option. She didn't look him in the eye, not even when he was speaking. When he was done, she took a pause, breathing in and out deeply. Her eyes closed as she leaned against the sink, her head lowering. "I just... can I have some time alone?" Korren spoke, thinking about it for a moment. That was stupid. It was suspicious. Quickly she shut her own idea down. "Nevermind, that's silly, I'll just... the pool sounds nice." She glanced up once, sharing that faint smile before dropping it again. No materials could make her happy, she knew that since she met Sage. Nothing could make her happy. The one thing that made her happy was real love, an idea to ponder on that was shared with lovers, family, and friends. That was the one thing that Bucky didn't have, and that's why she thought her answer was stupid. It wasn't a physical object, it was an action. It was something foreign to Bucky, something that didn't have a price tag on it. She moved away from the sink, moving to leave the kitchen. Moving around meant that she wouldn't have to face Bucky, so she did it.

Last edited:
Sage sighed, shrugging Kilo off as he looked down at his phone. "I can't believe her," he mumbled. "After everything I did for her she treats me like this." He glared at the conversation, as if it would somehow send through the message and Chloe would feel his hatred for her. "I can't believe I ever liked that whore." Sage squeezed his eyes shut, trying to think of what he could even say to Chloe. Did he come out and grovel? Beg, plead, sell his soul to her for Winsley? Could he maybe try and manipulate her like Bucky manipulated people? The thought didn't sit well with him, but it was better than pleading with Chloe. He picked his cell phone up, staring at her name, wondering why he hadn't blocked her number, though now he was glad he hadn't. "Got any ideas for how I use this to my advantage?" he finally asked, wondering if Kilo had any better ideas.

Bucky had flinched when she asked for alone time. He didn't want to be away from her. He loved her, he loved looking at her, he loved being close to her, he even loved how scared she was even if he didn't want to admit that one to himself. Before he could answer to her request she went back on it, mentioning the pool instead. He didn't understand how being alone would satisfy her at all but he had just promised her anything she wanted, and in one button the security system would be on and she wouldn't be able to get anyways, so what did it matter if he wasn't by her side for maybe thirty minutes?

"Well I didn't really want to go to the pool, right now, actually, but you do that. I'll be in the living room watching some TV," he said, leaning forward to kiss her cheek before leaving her alone in the kitchen. At least with this alone time he could be productive, make a few calls, set a few things up. She couldn't stay at his house until Sage got better and came to find her, after all. No, Bucky had plans, and with his alone time he could start putting them in place.

Kilo sighed, watching his friend's frustration at Chloe. Everyone felt the same anger, and asked the same question about her. They all wondered how they got tricked, though there wasn't much wonder anymore. That girl was only after money and one nighters.
He stood there, watching over his friend as he pondered over his life choices, then he turned to Kilo, asking what to do. His brow furrowed for a moment. Not in any way was Kilo a trickster, since he told nothing but the truth, or held his tongue. Lies weren't his forté, and he despised him. Now though he had to think of one. His hand went over his mouth, holding it shut as if he said anything that they would be killed. He let out a breath. "Uhm, express concern. Yah' know, like how you would. If you be more desperate she might catch the bait." Kilo looked over at Sage, focus set in his eyes. They needed to get this right. "She likes feeling powerful. It makes her gloat more. If she thinks she's overpowered you, and especially you, then she'll get cocky."

Korren turned to look at him, to hear his answer, to make sure he wasn't snapping at her. In a way it was defensive, an action to watch just in case he snapped at her. Instead, she saw him flinch, uncomfortable with the answer. The response from him though surprised her. She almost questioned it, but stopped herself. Instead, she smiled at him after he kissed her cheek, walking off to the pool. From there she walked over to a pool chair, one that strayed away from the door and windows. She needed to be completely alone and where he couldn't see her. Then, she sat down, and slowly pulled out her phone. Now wasn't her chance to show the others that she was okay, though she was unsure of how. If she sent any meaningful messages, surely they would be found and her phone would be completely taken away. She didn't want that. No, instead she found a song by one of her favorite bands, one that spoke of her being okay, and sent it out to multiple people, excluding Bucky. One of those people being Sage. Surely the rest would ignore her message, since it had no significance to them. It made her smile, just for a moment. If she was asked about it she could say she was just sharing it out to everyone, and accidentally sent one to Sage. She wrote one more text though, one that was quickly deleted off of her own phone after it was sent, that way he would know it was really her. Je t'aime, don't message me back. Sent. She then set her phone down after deleting the last message, placing it back where it originally was. Then, she laid there, feeling the heat glow down against her skin. It was refreshing, especially in silence. Before she met Sage, she hated the silence. But now.. it helped her think, helped her stop and look at the beautiful world around her, to appreciate that she didn't have it as bad as others did. As bad as Sage or Winsley. They must have been suffering, while she was livin gterrified under Bucky's roof. Someday, though, she would find a way to escape. Someday everything would be okay again, although for now it wasn't even close to okay. Please be okay, Sage. I love you. I hope to see you again.

Greaser
me
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAIEAG6Vgk
me
Pass this around, everyone! My favorite song of the day! :)

Sage huffed at Kilo's explanation, but nodded once. He knew his friend right. Chloe had always liked to have the upper hand, especially when it came to Sage. He looked at his phone, typing out a message to her. Please just tell me if she's okay. It was all he could send for now, especially since not long after he sent it his phone pinged with another message. "It's from Korren!" he shouted, sitting up so fast that he cried out in pain even as he opened it. A link. He was afraid to click on it for a moment, scared Bucky had gotten ahold of her phone and was going to send him a video of some weird torture he was doing to Korren, but curiosity got the better of him and so with a weak attempt at a deep breath, he clicked it.

The song filled him with relief. This was a band Korren liked as Sage knew from her pin collection, and the song made it sound like everything was okay. The message he received after only assured him further that he was talking to Korren, though he couldn't not message her back. Are you okay? Where are you? I love you, Harvard, stay strong. < 3 It was all he could send for now, and he did so quickly, waiting on the edge of his seat for a response. "Kilo, do you think she's okay? If she can text me then her hands aren't broken but what if... God, he's had her a whole night and I was just... I was just sleeping. I can't lay here while she's with Bucky." He started to move, hopping out of bed faster than anyone could stop him, starting to yank his IV out when all the sudden he felt it, the horrible agony that came with a gunshot wound and a head injury. He collapsed, curling into a ball and holding his head, groaning in pain.

A buzzing noise made Jay open his eyes, groaning weakly as he grabbed his phone and shut his alarm off. It was early, a couple hours before Chloe would wake up. Quite a few before he ever wanted to think about waking up, though he did. He carefully moved Winsley out of his lap before beginning to hide the snacks and the soda around the basement. He'd rather it be there for her in case she got hungry and he wasn't around. When he was finished, he grabbed the collar and walked over to Winsley, sitting back down next to her. "Hey, babe, wake up for me," he cooed, kissing her cheek.

Bucky was just about to turn on the TV when he remembered something. Korren would need a swimsuit. He walked upstairs, grabbing a bikini out of a drawer in his room. He knew most of her sizes and had gotten her a few things. He tried to pick out things she liked to wear. Simple things. Not necessarily pretty to Bucky, but pretty to Korren, he supposed. "Korren," he said, heading outside to the back. "I know you wanted alone time but I just thought you might want something to swim in." He set it down, though hesitated slightly when he saw her phone. He didn't want to take it away, that would seem harsh. Yet what else could he do? "I'll kill him if he comes after you. I don't want him to take you," Bucky said softly, feeling scared and angry all at once. He was sure that's who she was talking to.

"I'll fuckiing kill him," he said once more, his words angrier now. "I'll shoot him so many fucking times and then I'll-" he cut himself off, realizing he was shaking, that he was going too far. He stayed still for a long time, taking deep breaths, trying to compose himself, and then he looked over at Korren, who probably terrified of him all over again. This was going to be harder than he thought.

"I'm not mad at you," he finally said. "But you should know, if you're texting him, that if he comes over here, it won't end well for either of you." And then he went inside. To give her the 'alone time' she had wanted, because he was a good person, and because he loved her. He'd do anything for her. Why wouldn't she just love him back?

Kilo saw the excitement in his eyes when Korren texted him, letting him know she was okay in a strange way. There were so many questions that Sage had, though before anyone could answer them, he was trying to get out of bed. Kilo lifted him up from where he collapsed, placing him on the bed. "Sage, you can't leave bed. Just.. just give it time. Korren's a smart girl, she'll push through things." He spoke sternly, trying to get it through Sage's thick skull. A nurse came in all the while to investigate, fixing up the IV into his arm. "Rest for now, buddy. She'll be fine." Kilo looked at his friend, feeling horrible about ever causing him any grief.

Winsley slowly woke up to see Jay hovering over her, which mad enough her slightly smile. She saw the thing in his hand though, and dropped the expression. "Do you have to?" She looked up at him with a sort of sadness in her eyes. Not once did she like the collar, especially when it poked her neck and rubbed against the skin. Hopefully she had some more freedom before they find out the collar wouldn't be working, though she knew it wouldn't last too long. She pushed herself up, groggily trying to wake herself. The pain medicine had worn off by then, so the feeling of her injuries were more prominent. Winsley groaned, but knew she would have to push through it.

Korren sat there, stuck in her own thoughts, and mainly of Sage. He was all she could think about, all she could ever wonder about. Then a buzz came through. She turned to look around, making sure Bucky wasn't coming anywhere near her before deciding to look at the text. It made her smile, to receive a text that seemed so normal. She began to type, though froze in her place when she heard her name being called. Bucky rounded the corner, carrying a swimsuit out for her. Her fingers curled around the phone automatically, gripping it to keep him from ever taking it from her. There was hesitation in his face, she saw it clear as day. Then he spoke- no, aggressively ranted. At first his voice was soft, though she knew there was anger behind it. As he continued on though, he became angrier and angrier. Her face went sheet white, while she almost fell off of the chair. Thankfully he didn't lash out on her, though she could see that he wanted to lash out on something or someone. He was seething with hatred for Sage, murderous hatred. She nodded when he spoke of them not experiencing anything good if Sage went after her, showing that she understood. Her heart was pounding then, feeling as though it was about to burst from her chest. When he was gone, she took deep breaths. She had to end the conversation between her and Sage. He couldn't come after her, not ever. When she looked down at her phone, she realized that it had been left seeming like she was typing the whole time. Finally, she replied. I'm okay, he hasn't hurt me. There she sent that, though she had to send him a warning. She was too scared to tell him where she was, though she did want to let him know he should never come for her. Not in a million years. His life wasn't worth throwing away for hers, after all. You have to promise me you won't come after me. He aimed for the leg on purpose, he won't aim for just the leg next time. I'll be okay, just don't follow me. Please, please listen to me. He'll kill you on sight.. She watched it as it sent through, delivering to the one person she dearly loved. A tear pricked her eye, yet she couldn't let herself cry now. Hopefully he would listen to her warning, though part of her thought otherwise. She only hoped that he would just stay out of the way and move on.

"Don't tell me to give it fucking time," he sneered, trying to push Kilo and then the nurse away. Sure, he was in pain, but Korren was literally stuck with her worse nightmare. "It's Bucky." Sage's phone buzzed and he quickly grabbed for it, ignoring his headache as he read the first message. "Are you fucking kidding me? This is her fucking response?" It was so short, it hardly told him anything. And then he got the longer message, and his frustration morphed into raw anger. If you would have told me what the fuck was going on in the first place none of this would have happened. Now stop trying to protect me and just tell me where you are. I can handle myself just fine and I've faced scarier things than Bucky. Sent. He stared at the message for a long moment, before realizing he was being too harsh. I'm sorry, it's not your fault. It's his. But you still should have told me a psychopath was coming at me with a gun. And right now you should tell me where you are unless you want to be with him forever. He still wasn't happy with Korren for keeping information from him, and he hoped she would see that and tell him what he needed to know. As he waited for a reply he set his phone down, allowing Kilo to see if he wished to know what was going on.

Jay nodded. "Sorry, Wins, but if I don't then it'll just backfire on you." He carefully put the collar around her neck, re-attaching it so Winsley wouldn't be able to get it off on her own. Once he was done he sat back, looking her over and biting his lip. "I'm really sorry. I know I'm not exactly your knight in shining armor and I wish... well, I know I could do something but I... I guess I'm scared, too." He stood up, taking the blanket and folding it up, carrying it back towards the stairs. He didn't know what else to say or do.

Bucky headed back inside, grabbing his cell phone as his anger began to overwhelm him. He was trying so hard and she didn't seem to care at all. Everything he was doing was for her and still she'd rather talk to a rat than him- a rat that was just as bad, if not worse, than Bucky. He was absolutely terrible. Sage had always had a temper, only when he got angry he'd beat the shit out of someone. At least Bucky didn't hit that hard, or that much. That's it. Suddenly, an idea came to mind, and he paused in his living room, looking back towards Korren. He didn't have to put up with this, he just had to show Korren that Sage was a rat- and that meant he was a horrible person. He smirked, thinking about how easy it would be considering all the dirt he had on Sage.

He sat down on the couch for now, calling up the place he intended to take Korren to let them know they were coming, to get the room ready. When he was finished with his conversation he laid back, starting to plan out another thing. If he could show her had bad Sage truly was before she even got to the hospital then this would be easy. It wouldn't take more than a couple weeks, and then she could really come to his game, and really cheer for him, and then he would know everything was real. This was perfect. Bucky was finally going to get his happy ending.

Kilo moved back when he was pushed away, sighing after. Completely he understood the stress his friend was going through, knowing that nothing at that moment was easy. He looked down at his friend with sympathy to him, though there were better ways to handle things than this. Instead of speaking, he just watched over him. When he placed down his phone finally, Kilo picked it up to look at it. The texts he saw weren't good. His brow furrowed, seeing why Sage was frustrated. The poor girl was terrified of saying anything, terrified of ending Sage's life. When he was done, he placed it down with a sigh. The girl was too scared, and that was her downfall. He bit his lip though, not saying anything to further upset his friend. There was nothing he could have said to help the situation anyway. At that moment he figured that it was best to let him be, to give him time to settle down. "I'm going to get some more food, for you and me. Tell Winnie what I'm doing, alright?" Kilo moved to the door, looking back at Sage once more. "And... I know this is obvious, but she's scared, Sage. You saw what he did to her before, what he did- well, you know. Can't imagine what he'd do to her if he knew she was talking to you... but anyways, I'll be back." He then turned on his feet, walking out the door, and closed the door. From there he walked down the hallway, heading to the food court. There he knew he could get food for the two of them- and Winnie as well. As he walked though he was deep in thought, for both horrendous situations: Winsley and Korren. What was going on now? Why was Korren able to text then? It didn't add up, though he supposed they would figure things out soon enough.

Winsley didn't fight the fact that he was putting the collar back on, though she desperately wanted to. It wasn't natural to force a person to wear a collar, especially one meant for dogs. It felt tight, and rubbed against her neck. She looked up at Jay as he spoke, feeling hurt when she heard those simple words. They could do something to leave, he could do something. Why wasn't he doing anything? He wasn't doing anything because he was scared. After he spoke, he began to walk away, bringing the blanket with him. She pushed herself up, wanting to follow. Slowly she stood, aching all over. For a moment she wobbled, almost falling over. She stayed there for a moment before deciding to take a step. Then stumbled to take another. She managed to follow him to the stairs, though she wouldn't follow him up the stairs. It was painful, and probably would have been costly. "Jay," She spoke up, her voice hoarse. Once she had gotten to that point, she didn't know what to say. What could she say? 'Stay here'? That was nonsense, even though it was what she wanted. "I.. thank you, for being here. I could never make it without you." She gave him a broken smile, leaning against the railing to the beginning of the steps. Slowly she slid herself down, sitting down near the base of the steps. She didn't move from there, since she didn't have much strength to do so anyway. Her eyes trained on the steps, looking up to Jay tiredly. Hopefully he would answer, though she wasn't sure if he would.

Korren moved to grab the swimsuit as she waited for a reply, on the edge of her seat. Her phone buzzed, and she picked it up. Slowly she read over the message, almost able to hear his voice. He wasn't happy with her, and she felt that through the words he chose to use. Her throat tightened, forming a knot as she read the text. Then came another text, apologizing for his words, though he still was trying to come across with a point. She hesitated to answer, glancing around once. Bucky was inside, thankfully, though by now he knew she was texting. I'm sorry, I should have told you, but I was far too afraid. He was watching us. At the ice rink.. he knew. I couldn't say anything. He was going to go after your family too. She sent the text in, though continued. When you left that night... he attacked me. He had a gun. Again, sent. But there was more, there had to be more to say. The next part she was nervous to say. If she was caught sending this, she understood the consequences, though she wanted out. Bucky is smart. I know you're smart, though he uses every skill to his advantage... If I told you where I was, and if he found this soon after... well.. there would be no use looking there. Korren looked around, making sure Bucky wasn't in sight. From peaking through a window she noticed he was on the couch, on the phone. It was suspicious, nonetheless, but she didn't argue. If it meant him staying away from her, it was fine. She looked back down at her phone, leaving it seem like it was typing for a moment. His house. After it sent out, she immediately deleted it on her phone, hoping that it wouldn't be too suspicious, hoping that Sage wouldn't overreact. It scared her, though she knew that just by describing what had been going on had been a risk. Yet she would take that risk, only if it meant to escape.

Greaser
me
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAIEAG6Vgk Pass this around, everyone! My favorite song of the day! :)
them
Are you okay? Where are you? I love you, Harvard, stay strong. < 3
me
I'm okay, he hasn't hurt me.
me
You have to promise me you won't come after me. He aimed for the leg on purpose, he won't aim for just the leg next time. I'll be okay, just don't follow me. Please, please listen to me. He'll kill you on sight..
them
If you would have told me what the fuck was going on in the first place none of this would have happened. Now stop trying to protect me and just tell me where you are. I can handle myself just fine and I've faced scarier things than Bucky.
them
I'm sorry, it's not your fault. It's his. But you still should have told me a psychopath was coming at me with a gun. And right now you should tell me where you are unless you want to be with him forever.
me
I'm sorry, I should have told you, but I was far too afraid. He was watching us. At the ice rink.. he knew. I couldn't say anything. He was going to go after your family too.
me
When you left that night... he attacked me. He had a gun.
me
Bucky is smart. I know you're smart, though he uses every skill to his advantage... If I told you where I was, and if he found this soon after... well.. there would be no use looking there.

Last edited:
Sage watched as Kilo left, letting his words sink in. "Scared? How the fuck do you think I feel?" he mumbled, knowing Kilo was already gone, knowing he couldn't possibly hear Sage as he sat up slowly, holding his face in his hands. Korren was the girl he loved, and so quickly she had been taken from him, stolen away in some sick nightmare they couldn't get out of. It made him sick. But then what did he expect? Rats never got off good. They never got the easy way out. They always had to fight. Fight for everything they wanted and if they weren't fighting tooth and nail then they wouldn't get what they were fighting for. He should have fought harder. He should have demanded answers from Korren, he should have demanded the truth. He could have protected her if only he knew.

His phone buzzed, and he checked the messages once more. At the ice rink. He was there? Then the night after Sage left... after their night together. He felt his nose crinkle in disgust as he read her messages. Bucky had been a high class stalker, a creep, and Korren hadn't told him anything? And then his family. Rose. His parents. It only makes me angrier that my family was threatened and you didn't tell me. I get you're scared but Korren you don't keep shit like this from me. He sent it, and then, he got the other message. His house. She was at his house. That was, what, twenty minutes away from the hospital? Fifteen if you sped? He started undoing things again, started trying to stand up. This time slower than before. He sat for a moment, staring at his phone. He couldn't send these angry messages, not when she was trapped with Bucky. Look, I'm mad, but I still love you. Please stay as safe as you can. Try to keep the psycho happy until I can help you- and I will help you. I'm not letting him take you from me. You still got that bracelet on? Keep it close. It'll protect you until I get there. He sent it, before standing, balancing on his good foot. A headache pounded as he half-hopped, half-limped towards the door, but he didn't care. She was so close. He had to get her back. Though he was so worried about Korren he had completely forgotten about Winsley.

Jay paused at the bottom of the steps, looking over at Winsley. As she thanked him, he only felt worse. He didn't deserve a thank you. He didn't deserve her kindness at all. He sat next to her, listening to her words, thinking for a long moment. "Bullshit," he finally said, looking over at her. He wasn't angry by any means, but he was upset- mostly with himself, but also with her for saying something like that. "Don't ever depend on me. I'm not worth shit, Winsley. If I was you'd be out of here and Bucky would be hunting me down and I wouldn't care. But I do. I care a lot. You're so strong, you know that? I like rats because they're so fucking strong and then you have us, North side, the jocks. We wouldn't last a day without our fancy cars, our money, our huge fucking houses." He leaned back against the steps, propping himself up on his elbows.

"You know, we got it wrong, calling you rats. You're more like cockroaches because I swear you guys would survive the end of the world. I'm trying to compliment you but I don't think it's coming out right," he added after a moment, and then went quiet, taking a breath. "Anyways, the point to this is you've survived without me this long and you'll survive without me for even longer. I'm just sorry I'm too selfish to leave you alone, and too selfish to help you at the same time." He took her hand in his, looking over the bruises on her arms. He wished he could stay down with her forever but he had to get back to Chloe before she woke up. He had a little time to spare though, just a little more time with her, with the girl he was too selfish to let

Korren read over the messages, trying to fight back her own tears. When she reread it all, she felt horrible. There was something she could have done, yet she didn't do anything. She let it get out of hand, just like she had with Bucky before she and Sage had ever met. Useless, that's what she was. She waited as another text came in, reading over that. He had every right to be mad, and surely they would be able to talk about it this time. Korren brushed a hand over her bracelet, feeling the cool metal against her skin. This would be her shield, an object to remind her she wasn't completely alone. She nodded to herself, though he saw the way he was saying things. Was he coming soon? That would have been to soon. There would be no time given for him to come get her. Wait, no. Please tell me your healing now? Please, you need to rest. I don't know what he'll do if he sees you coming. He may see you. Her heart pounded, sending the message as quickly as possible. Then she thought to herself. She was letting her fears get in the way again. Quickly she followed it up with another, something helpful. Another thought came to her mind though. She questioned as to where Winsley was. When they were dropped off that night... she didn't get a good look at the home. Her focus was on escape. Be careful. Have plans upon plans. I don't want to see you shot again... and please make sure Winsley is safe. If this is the last time I talk with you... I love you. Stay safe, that's all I ask of you. She then made sure to shut down her phone, making sure it was turned off completely. Her eyes moved to the swimsuit, the one that was given to her. Slowly she stood up, making sure to told her composure the best she could, before heading inside to get dressed. She walked straight to the bathroom, quickly changed into the bikini, leaving the bracelet on. Then, she walked out with her clothing, placing the clothing over her phone. She took her time to move into the pool, letting the cool water surround her. Just like she said she would, she was in the pool for the rest of the time she had alone, taking a lap or two from one side to the other, just before floating along, paddling occasionally. When she could, she looked up at the sky as she moved. It was blinding, but she didn't care. The sky was open and free, and she wanted to see it. She thought about the conversation she and Sage had, about how she had to continue this little fantasy with Bucky. It wouldn't work now, though, not while she had her alone time. He was mad at her, and surely nothing she would have said to him would be sincere. She couldn't manipulate him, couldn't try that again. If she ever did, surely that wouldn't work out. No, she had to just comfort him, even though it lacked any love for him. She couldn't do it because of Sage, though. She had to do it for her, to keep Bucky happy so she wouldn't get it.

Winsley looked up at him, listening with slight shock as he denied her statement, speaking about her friends and all the people that survived without tons of money. That's all they did though, survive. Without each other they could never live, only survive. She sighed, allowing him to hold her hand. Moving ached, though she didn't complain. "Bucky's a psychopath. I know why you're scared, Jay." Winsley looked him in the eye, wanting to instill something in him, an understanding he surely didn't have. "You're right though, we are like cockroaches, we're rats, whatever you want to call us. Y'Know why we're called that though? Because we work together. We survive together. If we don't, we get stomped on. But you know, all we do is survive." She let go of his hand, pulling back to lean against the stair post. It wasn't to move away from him, it only hurt for her arm to stay in that position. They laid in her lap, none of her limbs moved then. "I'm sure what you say about jocks is true, but at least you people have the choice to live. We don't have that, we rely on each other for living. I'm sure you would want that, but we want to live... I guess you could say that you want what we have, and vice versa. But neither side knows how the other works. We fear y'all, and you, well, I don't know." Her voice became rather quiet at the end. The speech was over, the lesson about rats. There was nothing glorious about them, about being poor and running from the boot of a rich person before getting stomped on over and over. She closed her eyes for the moment, only opening them to look up at Jay. "That's why I'm nothing on my own, without you. I don't care if you're scared. I care that you've been brave enough to stand up for me before they hurt me too bad, or killed me. Whatever's letting you do that, just let it do that." She let out a sigh, depressing from the moment. Soon he had to go, she would be alone, but at least he would come out hopefully with an understanding of what she saw.

Sage had just moved to open the door when his phone buzzed again. He looked down, skimming over her messages, sensing a finality to the conversation. And she brought up Winsley. The one person he had almost forgotten about in light of everything. He stood by the door, thinking, trying to figure out what to do. He could save Korren and then go get Winsley. She was probably at Chloe's house, or at a house Chloe went to often. It wouldn't be too difficult to find her and get her. It wouldn't take more than an hour and they'd both be back safely in his peripheral vision. He couldn't let anyone stop him. He had to do it. He couldn't sit in this hospital bed any longer if-

The door slammed into his face, and Sage fell flat on his back, grunting as blood oozed out of his nose. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, Sage! I didn't mean- wait, what are you doing out of bed?" Winnie said, rushing to kneel at his side, carefully wiping the blood away from his upper lip as she tried to elevate his head. He brushed her off, scowling as he sat up. "God damnit! I hate you so much, you know that? You're such a fucking waste of my time," he hissed, taking his anger out on her since she easily seemed to be the best candidate. Winnie watched as he struggled to get himself back on his one good foot, tears welling in her eyes from shock and fear and sadness. "I thought we got over this," she mumbled, and he looked down at her and immediately looked away, grabbing the door knob. "Don't cry. It's not you- well, yeah, it is you. You're kinda fucking crazy." He started through the door, and Winnie stood slowly. "You don't mean that, come on, Sage, we were having fun. Did something happen?" she asked weakly, trying to hold her tears back. "Yeah, you opened a fucking door in my face. Jesus Christ, do you ever knock? Are you one of those freaks that just walks in without any care?" he hissed, his hands pressed on either side of the door frame. Winnie felt her eye twitch when he called her a freak. "You're a fucking jerk, you know that," Winnie snapped, shoving him, not thinking. Sage cried out as the little balance he had on his one foot gave and he collapsed face-first onto the same nose that was now bleeding at an even faster rate.

Jay sighed not long after Winsley had, shaking his head. "I still don't think brave is the right word for me, but they'll have to kill me before they kill you. The rest of it though, well, I'll try." He started to sit up a bit straighter, to get ready to leave, but then paused. "I hid food in the boxes over there, and the drinks, and I put the pain killers over there too. But you promise me you don't take more than one every few hours. That shit's easy to overdose on and if you do I'll never forgive you for it," he added. He didn't want to leave. Instead he wanted to sit there with her, comfortably, like he was in that moment. What else could he say? What else could he do to stall? "I'm going to try and convince Chloe to head out with me for a bit after she wakes up. If she's not home then you're safe. Um... maybe I can... Here, take my phone. I'll get a new one and I can text you so maybe you can know when it's safe to pull out the food, or listen to music, or whatever. Just stay in the basement." He moved his phone into her lap for now, leaning over to kiss her. His hand moved to rest on the back of her neck as he did, wanting this kiss to last forever. He finally pulled away though, not wanting to irritate any of her injuries and knowing he had to go upstairs before the bitch herself got up. "I lo... I'll be back later," he finally said, before getting to his feet and heading upstairs, mentally chastising himself for what he had almost said. He chanced one last look back at her before slipping through the door to go to tend to Chloe and her ego.

Last edited:
Kilo was walking back to the room with food in his arms, hoping to great his friend with a treat to ease the stress. Then he heard a sharp cry. "Sage?" He ran to the hospital room, moving in to see Sage on the ground, and Winnie rather upset. "What the fuck happened?" He spoke up, more confused than anything. Quickly he placed the food down on the bed before moving to help his friend up to sit in a chair whether he liked it or not. Then, he walked briskly to the bathroom, making sure to get something to help stop the blood. He walked over to Sage, handing the paper towels to him. There was slight frustration on his face, though he tried not to display it in full. Something happened between the two, or else Winnie would not have been seeming frustrated, and Sage wouldn't have been on the ground. "Jesus, we have to deal with the devil himself and you two can't get a fucking grip on yourselves." Kilo growled out, though soon sighed, turning away from the two of them and heading to the window. He leaned against the windowsill, looking out at the grass and other parts of the hospital, other sections to the building. It was stressful that any of this happened in the first place, and that his friend and girlfriend couldn't just stop with their difference for a second. Even at a time when two people they cared for, one more deeply than the other, had been swiped from their lives. It upset him, hurt him deeply. He tried to be composed for the rest of them, but he was hurting just as much as the others. Winsley, their best friend, had been swiped away with no promise of return, or promise of her staying alive for that matter. They didn't have time, and he realized this, though he just wanted the others to settle and just think, think before they acted for once, especially with Winsley's life on the line.

Winsley shrugged, not completely agreeing with him but didn't say anything. Instead, she listened to his following instructions. Her eyes travelled to the places where the items where hidden before nodding. She held the phone that was given to her in her hands, carefully holding it. When he was gone she planned to hide it, though for now she held it in her hands. "Alright." Winsley spoke to let him know she understood? Just before they kissed. Her eyes closed, sinking into the kiss. It was sweet, something she needed overall. The feeling of his hand on her neck though was rather odd, since there was not much space to place a hand. She tried to enjoy it, though knowing that there was a collar there ruined it for her. When he pulled away, he almost said something, but quickly diverted it. She knew what it was, but didn't say anything back, not wanting to make things harder on him. "See you soon," She said, speaking quietly to save her voice. Finally, with one last look, he was gone. After a moment of sitting there, she crawled over to the box, stuffing the phone inside, making sure to keep it so it looked as if no one had touched it. After that, she slowly crawled back over to a spot where she would be seen, and laid down. There would be no telling whether any of the jocks would come down there or not, especially Chloe, though she only hoped that they didn't. If they didn't come after a while, she would go to check the phone. For now though, she decided to wait it out.

When Korren was done with swimming, she had an idea that might have helped for the moment, though she didn't like it one bit. She swam to the edge of the pool an climbed out, walking over to pick up a towel that was left out for her. The sun helped with the water on her skin, though the swim suit would not be dry for a while. When she dried off the best she could, she walked inside, making sure to not track any water on the floor. Her clothing and phone was left outside, left so it wouldn't be near her or Bucky. She walked towards him, taking a deep breath as she did so. For now she had to make sure he was kept happy, though at the moment he seemed enfuriated with her. It scared her, but she couldn't be too scared of him anymore. With all the things he had done to her, he terrified her. She had to push through it though, to stay strong and keep her head held high, or at least keep below the radar as much as possible. Slowly she walked around the couch, sitting down next to Bucky.

Nervously she kept the towel tightly wrapped around her form, making sure it would make any of this easier. She counted down numbers in her head, counting down to the moment she had to move closer. Then, she turned to him, wordlessly wrapping an arm around him. It was timid, hesitant, but she did it. Taking her time, she moved slightly closer, though still kept a distance between their bodies. Uncontrollably her heart was thumping in her chest, though not as hard as before. Here she was, half-embracing the psychopath she used to love, half-embracing the person that threaten to kill Sage and his family, and the one who took Winsley captive just so no one would go after Korren. She was scared of how he would react, though only hoped that he would be happy and allow it to happen, that nothing else would happen to her. If only that were true.

"Your psycho girlfriend pushed me to the ground!" Sage exclaimed, and while Winnie opened her mouth to argue, it soon fell quiet. She had done that, and she didn't see any point in trying to defend herself. She shouldn't have done it because even if Sage was a dick, he had been shot less than twenty-four hours ago and the love of his life as well as his best friend had been kidnapped. "I'm sorry but you keep calling me crazy and I hardly think that's fair," Winnie muttered, sitting back in her chair for a moment before looking over to Kilo who seemed just as stressed as Sage felt. "Not fair? But you are! Normal people don't have panic attacks and say 'forever' so casually." He looked so angry with her, and yet Winnie couldn't figure out why.

She could only shake her head, getting up and walking over to Kilo, glancing back at Sage as he glared especially hard now, as she wrapped her arms around Kilo's waist and pressed her cheek against his back. "I'm sorry, Tyler." Sage's gagging noise echoed around the room. She turned to glare at him, though it faded when she realized his anger probably stemmed moreso from the fact that Winnie and Kilo were okay, that they hadn't been shot at and ruthlessly yanked away from each other. They were still a couple. Sage had no one. Jealousy, how interesting. "We'll get Winsley back-"

"Don't talk about her like you know her," Sage interrupted. Winnie rolled her eyes. "He's just disgustingly bitter when he loses things he's loves. I can understand that. I'm trying to ignore it." Sage huffed loudly and Winnie moved to take Kilo's hand in hers. "You should sit down, Ty. You need to relax just as much as the rest of us. We need to think of a good plan and I know you two can do that if you just sit and relax, okay?" She stretched up on her tip toes and kissed Kilo's cheek, although Sage didn't seem to want to do anything but the opposite of what Winnie said. "Kilo, we have to go now. We get Korren, then we swing by for Winsley. I have a gun in my closet we can get on the way. If he wants to shoot me then I'll mow everyone down. I don't fucking care," Sage said, his good foot tapping against the ground nervously.

Bucky raised an eyebrow slightly as Korren sat down next to him on the couch. He had finished his phone calls a few minutes ago, and had watched her stroll back inside, unconvinced she would come to him, and yet like a loyal lapdog she moved to sit on the couch. He tensed slightly as he looked her over, water droplets making her crimson hair shine, her skin showing just how he liked it- well except for the towel, but that was no matter. He tried to smile at her, to show her that cute innocent grin he knew he could achieve, when all the sudden she was hugging him. She loves me. She must love me. Without thinking twice about it Bucky wrapped both arms around her, pulling her into his lap. That towel was still in the way though for now he only hugged her.

But soon he was sick of hugging, and he grabbed the towel corner, peeling it off- again, without thinking. His brain had gone numb, his plan was moving out the window as he pushed her down on her back, as he grabbed her wrists with one hand and squeezed, wanting her to feel pain, to cry out as he moved over her. No more hugs. He didn't want hugs. He wanted something more. Something better. He leaned down, trailing kisses down her neck, biting every now and then, hard enough to leave marks behind.

It was when he got to her shoulder, when he was about to bite down, to really make her cry, that he came to his senses. Everything he wanted from her he was asking for too soon. He had taken control without a moment's hesitation, and now he sat up slowly, though he kept her wrists pinned in one hand, hovering over half her body. "You're never going to love me, are you?" he asked quietly, his voice almost sad, though what could he expect after what he had just done? This wasn't the same frightened, quiet girl he had dated before. This was Sage's cute little mouse now. Still he waited desperately for an answer, one that would control everything that happened next.

Kilo winced as Sage spoke, though didn't quite react yet. He listened as they continued to go back and forth, not wanting to turn around. They were acting childish, as if everything they were doing was some big joke to them. He was annoyed at Sage, though he wasn't that happy with Winnie either. Even if Sage called her a psycho, she shouldn't have shoved him. He wanted to calm down when he was acting sweet towards him, but he couldn't. He couldn't keep holding back as much as he did. Though he didn't completely push her away, he moved away when Sage spoke. It was at that moment that he turned around to look at his friend. "Do you fucking hear yourself? Shooting everyone, Sage? What the hell has gotten into you? And listen to both of you, I'm not your fucking parent. Why do you have to act like bratty little children? Sage, you're no exception, and Winnie neither are you." Kilo walked away from her, not wanting to hear the constant battle of two sides. "Winnie, I love you, doll, but Jesus Christ." He moved to stand in the middle of the room, where he could look at the both of them. "Is fighting like this going to help Winsley and Korren? Because it sure doesn't seem like. Sage, you can barely fucking walk. I know you want to save them, I do too. But threatening murder? If you do that, you won't be able to see either of them ever again. We can't just sit here, but for fuck sake we need to think before we act with this." His voice was filled with irritation, unable to stop from speaking. There was so much on his mind, and yet no one listened. They needed to listen here and now. They were acting like toddlers, and needed to find a healthy compromise. "I can't just babysit you two. Figure it out, or else we won't get anything done. Winsley'll be shot dead, and you won't ever see Korren's face again." In that moment he didn't think twice about Winnie's problems. For too long he had been holding back, and now he had let it all out. He was frustrated, terrified, and worried. All of it had rolled into this heap of stress that wouldn't leave him. It depressed him, causing his thoughts to go to darker places. Instead of interacting further with either of them, he moved over to the window and pushed it open. "Talk it out, you two." He pulled out a joint and lighter, making sure to keep the smoke aimed to the outside of the room. Kilo leaned against the windowsill, taking a hit or two from the joint. It helped him settle his nerves, though didn't completely calm him down. From then he said nothing, didn't look at either of them. He went quiet, looking out at the lack of view as he smoked. As he did so though, he listened closely to what the others would say. Not once would he leave again until they figured themselves out.

Korren felt him pull her into his lap, and felt rather uncomfortable. For that moment he held on to her, and which she started to get use to, though didn't want to lean against him. That didn't matter though. She started to really panic when he started to take her towel away from her. All too soon she was pressed on to her back with her wrists restrained. Her eyes showed the amount of panic that caused her heart to almost pound outside of her chest. She couldn't speak. At first she gasped, her wrists being squeezed. Then, he started to kiss her neck, biting down every now and then. Each time only kept bringing tears to her eyes, spilling down her face. "Bucky stop, stop.." Korren cried, speaking quietly as he continued down to her shoulder. Out of instinct she struggled, moving her arms to try and wiggle out of his grip, or to try and kick at him. It didn't work, not in the slightest. Memories flew back into her head, fragments of abuse mixed in with live abuse. It made her squirm more, with her crying, closing her eyes so she wouldn't have to look at him. It hurt, every time he bit down made her cry out in between sobs. As soon as he stopped, she couldn't help but sob. Just barely she heard his question, though wasn't in the right mindset to answer. Her struggling had slowed, though every now and then she jerked underneath him, waning to run far away. It was a mistake to go near him at all. This wasn't what she intended, or wanted for that matter. "I don't know, I don't know," Korren managed to choke out those words between sobs. She tried to quiet herself down, though it was difficult. At that moment she refused to look at him, but she didn't need to. She felt his presence, felt him hovering over her. "I don't know," Korren whispered for the last time, keeping her eyes squeezed shut. Her crying had begun to slow, though her breathing was shaky, terrified. There was nothing she could do, and that was what scared her the most.

Sage stared in mild shock as Kilo exploded on both him and Winnie. He watched as his friend seemed to be letting out years of piled up emotions but in reality it couldn't have been more than a few days worth of pain, couldn't it? He physically flinched back as Kilo yelled at them, finally reaching his boiling point, and yet as the words sunk in Sage realized just how right his friend was. He was taking his own frustrations out on Winnie, and she truly hadn't done anything wrong. It made Sage feel even worse, then, when Kilo was obviously directing his anger at the both of them. Winnie didn't deserve that- although she had pushed the injured man down. But then again Sage had provoked her. As Kilo began to calm down, Sage looked towards the person he was supposed to work his issues out with. She didn't look like she could talk, though. She just looked scared.

Winnie had stumbled when Kilo turned on her too. She grew pale, listening to him. He was so irritated with the both of them and she supposed she understood why after having to listen to them for the past few minutes but it still didn't feel good. She switched back to her old habit of looking to the ground, her fingers knotting in front of her, not wanting to meet Kilo's eyes. She felt ashamed of herself in that moment, for hurting Sage and for egging him on. She hadn't meant to but she guessed it did look that way from Kilo's standpoint. When he was finally finished, she felt torn. Part of her wanted to hide in his arms for protection but the other part was insisting he was the one that was causing that 'run and hide' feeling in the first place. He didn't want her in his arms right now. She glanced up, watching him light the joint, hoping maybe he would see how upset she was and come hold her, but that was dumb. Kilo was the upset one. Kilo was the one that needed a hug. She looked over at Sage, who was glaring at her though with far less intensity than before.

"I don't like you, and I'm never going to like you. You're just generically annoying and I think you're probably going to cut into my guy time with Kilo so that also pisses me off, but I won't call you crazy anymore so long as you don't do anything crazy, okay?" Sage said. Winnie shuffled her feet nervously. "That seems like a really one sided compromise," she mumbled, though she had never been great at defending herself. "Yeah, well, I like to benefit myself, and you don't really do that many crazy things," he added, almost apologetically, and Winnie nodded once. "Okay, deal." She rocked on her heels, wringing her hands nervously. Sage watched her, rolling his eyes. "Winnie, if you want to go hug Kilo, I'm sure he'll let you. He's all bark and no bite, and if he bites I'll knock his teeth in for you," Sage said, attempting to be nice to her- for Kilo's sake. Winnie still shuffled for a moment before walking over to Kilo and wrapping her arms around him timidly. "I love you. I'm sorry, I don't want to stress you out," she mumbled, burying her face in his shirt. She hoped he wouldn't push her away. She didn't think she could stand on her own at this point.

If she would have said yes, Bucky would have stopped. If she would have said no, Bucky would have seen no point in holding back and kept going. But instead she twisted out a middle answer, and for a long time he could only stare down at the tears in her eyes as he tried to figure out what to do with that. I don't know. He shifted, letting go of her wrists, moving to grab the blanket that hung over the couch. Even though she was hysterical, he managed to sit her up, wrapping it around her. Then he stood, putting distance between them, looking at her, confused, worried, irritated. "I love you." It was the first thought that came to mind. Then, "I'm sorry. I... just want you to love me but you don't and it makes it so hard to do things people in love normally do but I want to do them." He sighed, his foot tapping, his fingers tapping as he listened to her cry. "You can go to my room and shut the door. I'll leave you alone," he mumbled, wondering if she was calmed down enough to even comprehend what he was saying as he headed for the front door. He was leaving. From his cell phone he turned the security system on, so if she tried to leave alarms would blear and he'd get the notification on his phone. He glanced back at the house, before getting in his car and driving off. He was growing less confused, less worried, and more and more angry. He wanted to hurt something, to break something, and he knew just where he could find what he was looking for.

Kilo listened as they talked it out, hearing the way Winnie spoke. It was clear she was uncomfortable, but he didn't want to step in. Already he had stated it was time for them to figure things out on their own, so he stayed there. His eyes were trained on the outdoors, watching as birds flew by. Wind blew the smoke out into the air, drifting towards the sky. His nerves were settling by the time they came to a conclusion, though he listened how Sage was consoling her in his own way. It helped his state of mind. When Winnie turned to hug him, he stood there for a moment, lifting the joint away from her. After a moment, he wrapped an arm around her, holding her close. He let out a sigh, taking yet another puff on the joint before blowing it out the window. "I don't normally explode like that. I'm sorry, love." Kilo held her close, though during that looked over at Sage. There was a slightly apologetic look on his face, though at the same time he was thankful, thankful that his friend would cooperate and understand. Well, at least understand to a point.

Korren keeped her eyes closed as he moved her up, hiding her face in the blanket to cry. Her shoulders shuddered every now and then, showing the instability she had in that moment. Although she cried though, she heard his words, heard almost everything. Instead of acknowledging it, she kept her head dug into the blanket, not wanting to see his face, not wanting him there. Thankfully though, he wasn't there for long. Once he was gone though, she let everything out. All the suffering he had caused her left her to be a sobbing shell of who she wanted to be at that moment. Just once he pushed for more and she couldn't take any of it, not at all.

Ten minutes went by, and slowly she came to her senses, settling down. Rather than being calm though, she was numb, scarily numb. She couldn't feel anything, and felt disconnected from herself. Korren pushed herself up, moving the blanket off of her. It almost seemed like an automatic response to go to the kitchen, to get something to numb herself. Then she stopped, just before grabbing any alcohol or medicine she stopped herself. This behavior wasn't right. She pulled her hand back, moving away from the kitchen. For a moment she just stood there, moving only to look around. What was she doing? She walked back to the couch. Then an idea hit her. Korren thought of the moment he attacked her in her own home, of how he easily waved around his gun. Did he have his gun with him? Did he leave it here? What if he did, and where would he put it? She thought of his room, of the mention of the room. Perhaps it was in there, left in plane sight, or hidden somewhere. Since he was gone for now, she took the time she had to search for the gun. Quickly she climbed up the stairs, walking up to his room. It was clean for the most part, though she knew him. He wasn't one to take care of himself. She rummaged through his things, sifting through it. Each time she couldn't find something, she'd put everything back the way it was before searching another spot. Near the time she gave up on searching the area, she found it. Without hesitation she pulled it out, holding the heavy metal pistol in her hand. She was delicate with it, not wanting to trigger anything that would end horribly. What could she do with it now? Could she use it on Bucky? No, she wouldn't ever be able to shoot him. Not in a million years. Her eyes turned to the window, searching for answers in her head. She saw the woodland area that hid behind his house, beyond the fence. An idea popped in her head. Korren walked down the steps with the gun in her hand, carrying it out to the backyard. She counted down in her head, closing her eyes momentarily. Thankfully she checked that the gun was on safety mode, so she wouldn't have any problem with it shooting anything. With all the strength she could muster, she threw the gun over the fence. When it landed, there was a thunk of brush and leaves. Korren let out a breath. It was gone. From then she went to take a shower, knowing she would need to clean up after all that happened, to try and wash away everything on her mind.

Jay had just laid back down in Chloe's bed when a loud knock on the door startled the both of them. Chloe woke up suddenly, and Jay pretended to wake up suddenly. They both glanced at each other. The knocking came louder- angrier. Chloe shot out of bed, leaving herself in the skimpy nightgown she wore. "He came back for me!" Jay rolled his eyes as she rushed down the steps like a lovesick teen. For as evil as Chloe was, he almost felt bad for her. She was head over heels in love with Bucky even if she did sleep around a lot, and he hardly even looked at her.

Jay walked over to the top of the steps, looking down as she fixed her hair and pulled her dress down a bit to show as much as she possibly could before reaching for the door handle. Bucky was still knocking, still annoyed, and Chloe thought for a moment. "Jay, get the fuck down here and look like you wanna fuck me," she hissed, looking up at him. He sighed, walking down the steps and moving to wrap his arms around her. "He really doesn't care though Ch-"

"Shut up," she snarled, before opening the door. Jay lazily sat his chin on her shoulder, looking up at Bucky with a 'help me' expression on his face. Bucky took it all in, staring at them both as Chloe smiled her own cheshire smile, and the nager on his face faded until he was laughing. Laughing at Jay's pain. "Are you fucking serious, Chloe? Jay's not even into you. He doesn't like blondes- everyone knows that." Chloe's face fell and Jay chuckled. She elbowed him in the ribs. He groaned, stepping back as Bucky pushed past her and headed to the basement. "Why don't you like blondes?" Chloe shrieked, turning on Jay. "Because you're my most prominent example of them," Jay grumbled, walking past her as well as Chloe bristled and shrieked and threw her little tantrum. Bucky hadn't even asked about the black eye. "Bucky, Chloe's hurt," Jay whispered. "Might wanna acknowledge it before she sicks her shrieks of woe on us anymore." Bucky looked over at Jay and sighed deeply, nodding once. "What the fuck is wrong with your face, Chlo?" he asked. She glared at Bucky for a long moment, before finally falling against him, sobbing like a fool. "That disgusting rat attacked me!" she cried out and Bucky looked down at Chloe, then at Jay. He had the same 'help me' look. Jay only laughed.

Bucky awkwardly patted her back. "It's okay, Chloe. You'll only be ugly for a week tops. If you would stop crying and put on some concealer it might help," he added, trying to be helpful in his strange way. Chloe nodded, though didn't stop hugging him, and he looked over at Jay again. Help me. Jay snorted. Bucky rolled his eyes, gently prying Chloe away from him. "You know what will cheer you up? Watching me beat the shit out of the rat." Chloe looked up at Bucky, squealing in delight. But Jay froze. Oh no.

Winnie almost sighed with relief when he moved his arm around her, her fingers tangling into the fabric of his shirt. "It's okay. We shouldn't act like that. It's not fair to you," she said, feeling the discomfort begin to wash away now that the mess she and Sage created was over. She slowly relaxed, and once she had, she loosened her grip on Kilo, though didn't let go just yet. She took another breath, looking up at him, offering a weak smile as she reached up and brushed her fingers through his hair, moving it back so she could see his icy blue eyes. She wished she could do something to make him happy, but she knew the only thing that could do that was having Winsley safe and sound.

Sage looked over at Kilo's apologetic eyes, waving him off. There was no reason to apologize. Sage had been the one acting up, the one who caused everything, really. "I'm sorry, too, Kilo. Winsley's your friend too. We're all hurting. I shouldn't pretend my situation's any worse," he said, even though he still felt like it was. Korren, his love, was gone. Ripped right out of his arms, and what did he have to show for it? A bullet wound? Pathetic. He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling his phone buzz. It was from Chloe. A video message. Sage played it, and immediately wished he hadn't. Because he couldn't stop it no matter how much he wanted to. He couldn't look away.

It was Winsley, in a basement- Chloe's basement, a collar around her as if she was some dog. And it was Bucky, beating the absolute shit out of her. He'd never seen anything so ruthless. He was rabid, he wasn't human, this wasn't a few petty kicks and hits, this was pain. This was- he flinched. Bucky had hit her so hard. He wasn't holding back. He wasn't trying to watch for death blows, he was just punching and kicking and yelling and he reminded Sage of an animal tearing its prey apart. There was so much blood. "Something's wrong with Bucky. Like viciously wrong." It was Jay's voice, and for a moment, the camera turned just enough that Sage could see half his body. "Well better he get it out on her than us." It was Chloe's voice. Sage heard a sob, but he hadn't realized it was his own until the tears hit his phone screen. She was going to die. Bucky was going to kill her. It was Sage's fault. It was all his fault.

Winnie cautiously pulled the phone from Sage's hand, quickly getting out of the video and pocketing the phone. She had watched his emotions, watched as his shoulders slumped, as he fell into a broken human being, as he cried. She didn't like seeing someone so scary start crying. "Hey, Sage, I know it looks bad but she's strong. She's really strong. She's gonna live through this." She looked at him as he stared down at his lap and cried, his body shaking as everything seemed to weigh on him. She glanced at Kilo, hoping he hadn't seen any of the video before she took the phone away. "It's my fault," he mumbled. It wasn't. Of course not, that was just ridiculous, but they all blamed themselves when someone they loved was hurt. It was human nature. "It's Bucky's fault." She hesitated, before squeezing his shoulder gently. "She's gonna be alive. we're not gonna let her die."

Winsley jerked as she heard the knocking, listening to the muffled speech of the popular kids. She froze when she heard Bucky's voice, hearing near the end that he would beat her. As soon as she could she started to get up, pressing herself up on her hands and knees. All too soon the door swung open, and Bucky climbed down the stairs. Her eyes spoke a million words, all saying they were fearful of the psychopath in front of her. Before long she felt herself being knocked down, picked up only to be knocked down again. Harder and harder her fists flew at her, and more and more she felt weaker. She coughed up blood, mixing with the bloody nose and split lip she had by then. Bruises were beginning to form on her face and there was nothing she wcould do about it. Winsley tried to block his punches, though they only knocked into her arms and kept coming as hard as they could possibly go. The pain was too much. She cried out in pain a few times, though she only coughed up blood every now and then and hitched her breath with each hit. Her nose broke, and her ribs... well, she couldn't tell if they were either bruised or broken.

By the time it was over, she could barely function. She dropped to the ground, on her knees, and fell on her face, groaning in pain. Without any control of herself, she managed to push herself up on her arms just enough to retch out on the floor, rolling to her side when there was nothing left. When she tried to open one of her eyes, her vision swam out of focus. Soon she fell unconscious, unable to physically fight what had happened to her. Blood coated her clothing and dripped from her face onto the floor. She had enough, her body couldn't take any more, and neither did she. Before passing out, she felt like death itself, actually thinking that she would possibly die without knowing. The thought itself scared her, thinking she would die without having a last word given to her friends. No, the last thing she would see would be Bucky's face before he beat her to death, or at least that's what she thought.

Kilo partially smiled at Winnie, only glad that he didn't scare her too bad. He leaned down and quickly kissed her forehead, brushing locks of hair behind her ears. Right after he turned to Sage, nodding to his apology. It was not completely true, though he didn't have time to correct him, he noticed there was a message that buzzed through Sage's phone. With curiosity he walked over to the bed, letting go of Winnie for now. What he saw was horrendous. His eyes widened, with a tear or two threatening to fall. "Oh my god." He whispered, seeing his poor friend getting relentlessly beaten. Kilo stumbled back a step, not wanting to see any more. He had seen enough. What's worse was that Chloe's voice picked up, though he wasn't completely sure who the male was. He didn't want to look, didn't care to look. What more could there have been to see than to see his own friend get beaten animalistically? Nothing.
As Winnie consoled his friend, he took that moment to try and erase what he saw. He couldn't, and not in a million years would that memory go away. Sage was crying, and he would have almost cried with him. Hell, tears fell, though he dared not to make a sound. After all the consoling, he moved up to Sage, pulling his friend into a hug. There was nothing else he thought of doing. The deed was done, and now they had to work faster. "We're going to get her out of there, no matter what." Kilo spoke shakily, looking to Winnie for any type of comfort. There was none that could have helped, but he still craved it, even as his friend cried, and he didn't ever cry, not without reason. "Do you understand me? We're going to save her. We need to, we have to, and we're going to."

Jay had been glued to the floor, horror in his gaze as Bucky beat Winsley to death- at least, that's what he thought was happening. This wasn't right. Bucky was cruel but Jay had never seen him with such a murderous rage before. He had been angry before, sure, had beat people up before, of course, but this was different. This was horrific, traumatic, disgusting. Jay felt sick. He grabbed the railing to steady himself, trying to hold himself back from throwing up. Winsley couldn't. Jay lost his balance, falling and losing the contents of anything he'd eaten in the last twelve hours. There was too much blood. Her cries were too much.

Bucky walked over to Jay, looking down at his friend with mild disgust. "What's the matter? Can't handle a little beating?" he asked, looking calmer now as Jay turned up to him, to this monster who couldn't have ever been his friend. This wasn't Bucky- this couldn't be Bucky. Jay would never be friends with Bucky- but then, he was. He was his best friend. "Is... is she..." Jay weakly pushed himself to his feet, walking over to her, his knees hitting the ground hard as he took the collar off. "Hey what are you-"

"If she's dead you're a fucking murderer," Jay snarled. Even Chloe was shocked by the hatred in his voice as he reached for neck, pressing two fingers against the burnt skin, a relieved sob falling out of his throat when he felt a pulse. He wasn't crying, but he was mentally drained after watching, after not doing anything. "She's alive," he whispered. "What's wrong with you, Jay? She's a rat." Bucky said, so casual about it. "She's not a rat! She's a fucking human being! How would you feel if I went and killed Korren? What if I-" All at once hands were wrapped around Jay's throat. He was against the wall, choking. Choking desperately as he clawed at Bucky's hands, as Bucky glared at him. "Are you planning on hurting Korren?" he hissed, his voice threatening. Jay slowly shook his head, his body shaking. He was terrified. Oh so terrified of this person he had never truly seen until today. No not a person, a monster. A demon. "Then what are you saying? Do you like the rat?" Bucky asked, his grip loosening on Jay's neck. Jay looked down at Winsley. With all the blood and bruises she didn't even look like herself. "Oh my God. You do." Bucky let go of Jay, and he slumped down to the floor. "No I don't," he said, his voice weak. Bucky didn't believe him for an instant.

Bucky moved over to Winsley, putting the collar back on her and going to grab the remote, setting it on high before pressing the button. Nothing. He pressed it again. Again. Again. Nothing. He huffed, shoving it into Chloe's hands. "Fix the damn thing," he hissed, walking over to Winsley and smacking her cheek. "Wake up, you stupid brainwashing bitch," he growled. "Jay, come here." He listened, because he was too afraid not to. "Look at it." He wasn't sure if Winsley was awake but he didn't care at that point as he turned to Jay. "It's a rat. It's not a girl. It's not a pretty girl. It's not fuckable. It's a rat." Jay just stared, his hands clenching into fists. "It- the rat- is going to tell you how you mean nothing to it, and then you'll realize." He kicked Winsley's side. "Tell him the truth." He'd keep hurting her until she woke up again, until she told Jay the 'truth' and Bucky could move on from Jay's silly rebellious crush.

As Kilo hugged him, Sage leaned heavily against his friend, hugging him back. It took him a few minutes but he finally composed himself and pulled away, glancing between Kilo and Winnie. Winnie was looking at Kilo with so much love in her eyes, so much concern for him. She quickly walked over to him, taking his hand and squeezing it. Sage was jealous. He wanted to have Korren just as close and Kilo had Winnie, but he wasn't mad at either of them. In fact he was glad that Kilo had someone he loved so close, even if Sage didn't like her that much. It still broke his heart though, to watch her wrap her arms around him, to rest against his side, to whisper comforting thoughts to him. He wondered if he'd ever get to hold Korren again.

"We have to get Winsley. So we need a plan. Winnie, your friends with Chloe right? We can use this to our advantage. And Jay... the fucking bastard... maybe him too. We're getting her out of there as soon as they release me and I can figure out how to move fast on crutches. We can't let her stay and be tortured." He looked up at Kilo, letting out a breath, trying to think of where to start with all this. "She's gonna live. Winsley has been my friend since we were in diapers. I know her. She's a survivor." I hope. And while he said those words with as much conviction as he could muster, he didn't quite believe them. He didn't quite believe anyone could survive Bucky's wrath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back