• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern DotC High

Kilo watched as his friend moved his lips, though didn't say anything. His face went white. The blood was slipping away from him, the life was draining. Just in time the paramedics came in, and he stepped back. "Oh god, not him." He froze for a moment as he watched his friend got taken away. Never did he think he would watch his friend die, and he refused the thought. He came back to his senses when Winnie tugged on his arm, following her quickly out the door. Without a thought or argument, he took to the car, waiting for his friends to pile in before quickly taking off, following close to the paramedics. In fact, he rushed in to the hospital as soon as he could. When he got there, he slipped into a parking space and slammed the breaks, throwing the car into park. Without further ado, he ran in to the hospital, ready to help his friend in any way he could, refusing the idea that Sage could die that day.

Monty had been in shock, unsure of how to respond. He was shaking, terrified of the person that Jay described before. That was Bucky. Not once did he move, not even to get up after everyone was gone. He was just a simple cosmetologist. Everything that had happened there broke him down. He looked up at Jay, gulping down a knot in his throat. "Uhm.. Yes. Yes." Monty stood up slowly, gripping his head. Soon he planned that he would go to the police station to file a missing person's report, describe the case to the police as soon as he could tomorrow. For now, though. He couldn't help but worry. Supposedly though, it would have been best for him to sit at home. He moved to the kitchen to find a post-it note, as well as a pen, writing down his number, along with a note. After that, he moved out of the door, avoiding the blood on the ground, to drive home. That night surely he would not sleep at all.
Dearest friends,
Please do contact me on my cellphone. Come tomorrow I shall file a report. Let me know how your dearest friend is doing.
Sincerely,
Monty.

Korren listened to Bucky as he drove, feeling more guilty as time passed. Of course he knew. He questioned every motive she had. Silence ensued as he continued to badger her with emotions. It put more pressure on her. What could she say? If she angered him, she would have to pay for it, though by now she was sure that she was already paying for it. "I.. I do care..." The words already sounded fake, though they were true to a point. She did care about his feelings, about when he got mad at her and when he was pleased with her. Those two emotions seemed to be the main emotions he had around her. It scared her now that he was placing this emotional pressure on her now. "I'm sorry, Bucky." She spoke quietly, looking down at her hands. Panic fell into her stomach, continuously falling into a pit. Was she saying something wrong? Surely she must have. "I was... you were going to hurt them..." Korren mumbled, averting her eyes away. "They don't deserve that. Nothing they did was their fault..." As she spoke, she started feeling a strange sensation. Her heart wasn't as frantic as it was. Now it was slowing. This wasn't normal. Her body was relaxing, as was her emotions. Still though her mind was racing with questions. Her vision began to waver. Then she understood. She was just drugged. Her head laid back against the seat, laying still. Even though she wished for her limbs to move, they felt limp, as if they didn't function. Everything felt heavy. "No.." Korren managed to whisper, sucking in deep breaths. After a few minutes she was fully sedated, unable to move. She did her best to keep her eyes open, though at times it was. She shut her eyes to shut the world away. Something bad was bound to happen.

Last edited:
The paramedics took Sage into surgery the moment he got to the hospital. It was going to be close. He had lost a lot of blood and already gone into shock. He'd be in surgery for hours before anything would be said and anyone who approached doctors or nurses could only be told to wait and see. While the odds weren't in his favor, Sage was young and relatively healthy so they tried to act hopeful if nothing else.

Winnie held Kilo's hand in the waiting room, trying to calm him as best she could. "Ty, he's going to be okay. He's been through worse, hasn't he?" Winnie tried to reassure him although she doubted she was doing any good. "He's one hell of a fighter. He wouldn't go down without knowing Korren and Winsley were safe." She kissed his cheek, leaning against him in hopes she could do something- anything to relieve Kilo's stress, but this was his best friend. Winnie knew how much Sage meant to Kilo, even if they did have their problems from time to time. "Just stay with me, love, stay calm. We'll stay here as long as we have to," she promised him, unsure if she should try to move closer. She wanted to hold Kilo just like he held her, to make him feel better, but she just didn't know if she could do that, or if he even wanted her touch right now. She wished she had some sort of idea of what to do, but without one she could only pray that what she was doing for now was good enough.

Bucky listened to Korren's words, glancing over as the drugs started to kick in. He heard the way she said 'no' and knew she was scared about what was happening. "It's okay, doe. I just want you to relax, is all. Nothing bad is going to happen to you, I promise. I can keep you safe, I can give you everything you ever wanted, I can be a million times better than that rat ever was, hell, I am a million times better than that rat ever was." He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down as he pulled up to Chloe's house. "You just rest easy. I'll be right back." He leaned over and kissed her temple, trying to be sweet, before looking back at Winsley. "This is your stop." He got out of the car, keeping the gun in one hand as he grabbed WInsley's arm with the other, dragging her inside the house.

Jay got to Chloe's house later than Bucky, as evidenced by his car sitting outside the front. He got out of his car, glancing in and biting his lip real hard when he saw Korren. This was his chance to save her. He could put her in his car and drive off somewhere safe and be a hero- and yet he couldn't. He couldn't save her. If he did then he might be sacrificing Winsley, and as selfish as he was he cared far more about what happened to his own girl than about what happened to Korren. Let Bucky have her so long as he left Winsley alone. At least, that's what Jay thought was going to happen.

By the time he got inside Chloe's house he realized that no, Winsley was not going to be left alone. She already had a shock collar around her neck, though it didn't look like anyone had hurt her yet. "Jay, you're running late!" Bucky said, nodding for Jay to join the rest of them in the living room. He walked over there cautiously, careful not to make eye contact with Winsley. "Check this rat out. I got her as insurance. We're gonna throw her down the stairs so she can rot in Chloe's basement for the time being." Bucky had the gun pressed against her neck. The realization made Jay visibly pale and Bucky snorted. "What's the matter, afraid of a little weapon? I'm not going to use it on you, stupid, calm down." And yet Jay couldn't. He was too afraid of what was about to happen to Winsley.

Kilo couldn't help but to worry, sitting down in the waiting room with thoughts running faster than he could really think. His foot tapped against the floor, impatient with the results of the surgery. Even so, he held on to Winnie's hand, hoping that her words could calm him down. They did slightly help, though not enough to stop him from worrying. He took a deep breath, trying to keep calm like she told him, trying to feel her presence rather than think. While he did so, he pulled her closer. One arm looped around her waist, then the next, pulling her as close to him as possible. What if this was the last memory he would have of Sage? He held tighter on to Winnie, almost shaking. Nothing would suppress the what ifs in his brain, bouncing off the walls and tumbling into his first thoughts, the main focus. His eyes watered up, causing him to press his head into her shoulder. "Winnie, I don't know if he'll live." Kilo's voice shook near the end, his throat closing up. "I don't know. God, what the hell." His shoulders shuddered as he held on to her, begging for comfort. "I don't know where I'd be without that tempered asshole." The water in his eyes stung, forcing them to shut and force the liquid out. There was nothing he could do to help. If anything happened, he'd be sure to kill Bucky for sure, all in Sage's name. For now, though, he worried heavily over his friend. He had lost a lot of blood. What if they couldn't fix him? What if he died in the operation? What if Kilo couldn't say his goodbyes? What if, What if, What if? He took in shaky breaths, trying to hold himself together, all while falling apart. If anything, Winnie was the one who truly held him together.

Korren rolled her head over to look at Bucky, frightened by his words. Did he think this would help her? This made her scared. Whichever drug it was, she was bound to have terrible after effects. As for now, she couldn't move much, forced to listen to him. She heard the frustration in his voice, comparing himself to Sage, even though he was nothing like Sage. Not one bit of him would be any better than him, though she didn't dare to disagree with him. She closed her eyes when he kissed her forehead, shivering when he walked away from her. Sure it was sweet, though it didn't fit with what he told her. He wanted to help her, though this was the exact opposite of helping.

She wanted to look back at Winsley, to see what was going to happen to her, though she couldn't turn. Instead she just laid there, slightly moving her head to look out the window. Her forehead pressed against the glass, viewing the night outside. In the corner of her eye, she swore to see a figure passing by, walking up to the house, though didn't know who. She figured that it was probably a hallucination, which frightened her. Already if the hallucinations started, then she was in trouble. All she needed to do then was take deep breaths and stay still, though it wasn't like she had much of a choice anyway.

Winsley was pulled out of her mind when she saw Bucky look back at her, warning that this was her stop. Her eyes widened. Where was she? It was dark, she couldn't see all that well. Bucky dragged her out of the car and to the house, with her tripping every now and again. She glanced back to the car, seeing that Korren was not moving. Then she remembered, the poor girl had been drugged. Not even Korren was getting out of this. She was moved inside of the house, one that she vaguely recognized. The lights were turned on, showing a fancy entrance. The house looked familiar... and then by the appearance of Chloe and the football players, she remembered whose house this was. As soon as she got in, they forced her into a shock collar, which she struggled against. She was breathing heavily, fearing for her life.

Then she saw Jay enter, and her heart dropped. She didn't say a word, though part of her died inside. He was there now, though by now she knew he wouldn't do anything to stop them. She listened as Bucky talked to him, feeling the cold metal of his gun press against her neck. Her face went sheet white, while her stomach dropped. Out of anxiety, she shook, her knees almost buckling underneath her. One hand went to clamp on the other arm, digging her nails into the skin. It was painful, though just enough for her to focus on that. The free hand on the other arm clamped protectively over her injury, just so they couldn't directly hit it. Meanwhile, she clamped her teeth against her metal lip ring, causing a subtle clinking noise that only she could hear. She would do anything not to run, not to panic and swing at them, even though by now she was completely panicked. The one thing she desperately wanted was her joints, or her music. Something to calm her down, but they weren't there.

As Kilo pulled her closer, Winnie slid into his lap, hugging his neck and running her fingers through his hair. "Shh, Sweetie, don't listen to those horrible thoughts." She held him close, continuing to brush her fingers through his dark locks, hoping to calm him down. It broke her heart to see him in so much pain, and it hurt even worse to know she couldn't do anything to help. She could hold him, but she doubted that would be enough in a time like this. She knew if the roles were reversed, and it was her best friend, nothing would calm her down. So for now she just held him, keeping herself close, keeping her motions gentle and slow, as soothing as she could possibly be.

"I know he loves you so much, Ty, and I know you love him. You've been friends for so long, you're so lucky to have each other. And you're going to continue to have each other because he's getting through this." Winnie let out her own panicked breath, though she wasn't truly panicking, and hoped Sage would live. Demanded it, even. Kilo cared so much that if Sage died Winnie would be the first to yell at his grave, to tell him how stupid he was for hurting Kilo. She couldn't allow such a thing. No. Sage had to be okay. If he wasn't, then she didn't think Kilo ever would be either.

Bucky dragged Winsley towards the door to the basement. "Who wants to push her?" he asked, and quite a few football players volunteered. Bucky snickered, tossing the remote to the collar at Chloe, who stumbled to catch it but managed to do so all the same. Jay followed his supposed best friend, feeling sick to his stomach. "What if she dies?" he asked, and Bucky looked Winsley over. "I don't care about her life. I have enough money that it wouldn't end up on my record." Bucky looked to Jay without a concern in the world. "Do you care about her life?" he asked, and Jay hesitated. "I mean, not her life specifically but you don't want a dead body in Chloe's house do you?" He grew quiet, knowing something Bucky absolutely hated about Chloe. "She'll whine and cry about it for days. The blood that will stain and all that bullshit."

Bucky scowled, glancing back at Chloe, who was distracted by a football player she was trying to flirt with. "God, I hate it when she turns into a whiney bitch." He looked back to Winsley. "Take her down to the basement, would you Jay? I'm gonna leave soon but I want her set up so the rest of them can have some fun with her," he said. Jay nodded, and grabbed Winsley's arm, yanking her to the top of the steps and letting the basement door close behind them. Guilt instantly swarmed, though he led her downstairs, away from the door, before his apologies began. "I'm sorry, God, I'm so sorry. Winsley. Are you alright? Oh fuck, I'm sorry. I don't know what to do. I... Babe, I'm so sorry. You gotta believe me, I'm really sorry," he whispered, pulling her into a hug, holding her tight while being careful not to squeeze her side. He knew he had at least a couple minutes and he wanted to use them as best he could. So he held her, trying to think of any way he could get her out of this situation without anything helpful coming to mind.

Kilo nodded his head as she comforted him, pressing his head into her shoulder. Her movements were helpful and soothing, moving so it would calm him down. He nodded as she spoke, hoping that they were true. In attempt to calm his nerves, he leaned back in his seat, resting with Winnie his arms. Although he couldn't stop worried, he tried to calm down for her. He closed his eyes, pulling Winnie so she was against him fully. It helped to feel the weight of her on him. Although not completely would it help, it at least took the edge off.

Winsley felt herself being dragged towards the stairs, wobbling once she got to the first step. Her eyes only widened when the football players freely volunteered to risk her life being shoved down the stairs.Before anyone could do anything first, Jay stepped in, and in his own little way was stopping them from risking her life. It relieved her to know he was protecting her, though it still stung that she was an object in this situation. Just a corpse to clean up if she died.

She followed Jay as he pulled her down the stairs, not like she had a choice in the matter. The door closed behind him, and for the moment they were alone. As they neared the bottom steps, she heard Jay begin to speak, apologizing over an over. Her glazed over eyes shone with relief when he let it out, pulling her into a hug. She held on to him tightly, burying her head into his chest. "Thank you, so much. Thank you, thank you." Winsley whimpered out, feeling as though she was about to cry. She couldn't allow anyone there to see her that way, even though they've been seeing her at her most fearful state. "I'm so scared, Jay. What are they going to do to me?" A whispered voice carried up to him, looking up with fearful curiosity. She needed to know. "Please, what are they going to do?" Slightly she shook him, grabbing him by his shirt. Every bit of her was shaking. "God, they're going to kill me aren't they? Please, don't let them. I don't want to die, I don''t wanna die." Even her voice shook with fear. How couldn't it, though? There was a threat upstairs, and she had no way out. Truly trapped with nowhere to run, and she had no way to deal with that. After all, anytime she got in trouble she usually could get herself out of it, but not this time. This time she was an animal about to be caged, terrified of the people above, and especially of Bucky. She clung to Jay while she could, not wanting him to leave. If only he could stay with her- no. No, that was selfish to think. Slowly she let go, realizing that if they caught them embracing that they would hurt Jay. Instead, she backed slightly up, shakily commanding her legs to move.

Last edited:
Sage got out of surgery after six hours of intense medical care. He was moved over to the ICU, and finally a doctor walked over to Winnie and Kilo. "He's out of surgery and he appears to be stable, but he's been heavily sedated. You can go see him now, but only two at a time. He's in room 102." The doctor let them be to discuss and Winnie turned to Kilo, feeling exhausted after sitting for so long. "Do you wanna go see him?" she asked, although she already knew the answer. Of course Kilo would want to see Sage, even if Sage was asleep. Winnie slowly got to her feet, holding her hand out for Kilo, wanting to be there for him when he saw his friend. She was sure the sight wouldn't be pretty.

"Hey don't do that, come here." Jay pulled Winsley back to him, not wanting to let go just yet. He knew they were all passing out drinks and talking upstairs. No one was close to the door just yet. He glanced up at it once, before resting his forehead against Winsley's. "I need you to take a deep breath for me. I promise you with everything I have, you are not going to die. I... I can't promise I can protect you from much else though. I'll try, I'll really try, Wins. God, it kills me to see you like this," he said, glancing up at the door again. "I didn't know they were like this- I mean I guess I did but I didn't think..." his voice trailed off and he heard them all approaching the door now, their laughter growing louder, footsteps heavier. Slowly, he let go of Winsley, looking her over one last time and pressing a kiss to her lips before stepping away from her. "Get on the ground," he said quietly. "I don't know what they're going to do, but I know it won't be good."

Bucky was the first to head downstairs, whistling nonchalantly as he made it about halfway down the stairs before looking over at Jay. "Doesn't look like you've roughed her up too much," he pointed out. "I'm more of an emotional abuse type of guy." Jay shrugged and started up the stairs. Bucky snapped his fingers and Chloe tossed him the remote. "Really? Emotional, huh? Well then why isn't she crying?" Bucky turned the setting on the shock collar about halfway up. "Let's make her cry, Jay," he said, waving the remote around with a snicker before pressing the button, holding it down for as long as it took to hear her scream.

Kilo perked up when the doctor headed towards them, eager to hear the news. His heart pounded in his chest, though settled when the doctor spoke. For the longest time he was holding a breath, letting it go when he knew that Sage was going to be okay. "Thank you sir." Just before he did anything, he turned to Winnie and nodded his head. Then, he stood up, holding on to Winnie's hand and briskly walking through the hallway, trying his best to move to reach his friend as quickly as possible.

When he reached the room, he pushed the door open, walking over to grab a chair and place it beside the bed, though he didn't sit in it. The chair was for Winnie. He, on the other hand, moved to stand by Sage's side. Sage was sickly pale, looking half of who he usually was, but he wasn't dead. Even if his friend was asleep, he wanted to be right there. Kilo whispered to his friend, unsure of whether or not he could hear them, but he didn't care. Sage was alive. "We're here, Sage. I'm so sorry. We're going to find that son of a bitch." He grabbed his friends hand, holding on to it for comfort. There was a pulse. Even though it was slow, it was there. A choked smile crept in the corners of his mouth, while a tear forced down his cheek. Things were going to get better, and he was going to make sure of it.

Winsley was pulled back to him, with her hands clutching at his arms. She only hoped that he would hold on to her forever, though she knew that wouldn't happen. His voice carried to her, and she tried her best to do as he said, taking in a deep breath. She exhaled shakily though, nodding to everything he said. In her eyes was complete fear, fear of knowing that she couldn't be saved. Not here, not again.

Her focus averted to the footsteps upstairs, and she panicked. "No, no don't leave me." Winsley begged, wanting to reach for him. Still they kissed for possibly the last time, though that meant that he was giving her a goodbye kiss. She stumbled to the ground once he let go of her, watching as he walked away from her. "I love you," She whispered one last time before she saw Bucky descend the steps. Immediately she tried to keep a cool expression, glaring at Bucky all the while. Although she was beaten, she was not going to step down. Her heart pounded in her chest as he grabbed the remote, turning up the setting. It was a strange device, so she didn't know how harsh the shock would be. Not until it shocked her. As soon as it started, she tried to keep quiet, biting her lip. Her neck strained as she kneeled, with hands pressing against the ground, trying to hold in any painful cries until she couldn't take it anymore. After almost half a minute, she cried out, feeling the shocks continue to course through her. She pressed her head against the ground, trying to add pressure to her skull so the pain would be more bearable, yet that did nothing. Tears started to spring in her eyes. "Stop, stop..." Winsley begged in between cries, unable to take it much longer.

Meanwhile, outside, Korren was growing weary. She didn't know what was going on inside of the house, but she didn't want to think about it. Instead, she wanted to at least try and get away. To try and find a place to hide in the night, or at least try to move in the first place. Slowly she moved her hands to the door handle, forcing her body to move. Each movement was torture, feeling heavy as led. When her hand came close to the handle, she placed it limply on it. She took deep breaths before finally trying to move once more. Step by step, minute by minute, she worked. Time just needed to be on her side, and perhaps then she would be able to get out of there. If the drug could wear out before Bucky came, then she could be free. No one was going to be able to help her this time, so she needed to start fighting here and now.

Winnie walked over to Kilo, refusing to sit for now, instead wrapping her arm around his waist and leaning against him. Sage looked absolutely horrible. He was so pale, his chest barely rising and falling, his lips chapped. There were stitches on his forehead from where Bucky had smacked him with the gun, and she was sure he had a concussion. "Ty, I don't think he's waking up any time soon. Why don't you take the chair. I'll go grab another one," she suggested, looking over Sage again. She hoped he wasn't in a coma but with a hit like the one he received she wouldn't be surprised. "Sage you just rest up, okay? Take your time," she said quietly, squeezing his shoulder before looking at Kilo. "Shouldn't his parents know?" she asked, realizing that they probably had no clue their son was in the hospital.

Jay watched in absolute horror as Bucky electrocuted Winsley. When she cried out he cringed while the rest of the team laughed. She was begging them to stop and yet Bucky kept going, laughing at her pain. "Stop! Stop, Bucky!" Jay snatched the remote from his hands without thinking, desperate to stop her pleading. The room went silent. Bucky looked at Jay with genuine bewilderment in his eyes. "What wrong?" he asked, his voice confused. "You're not going soft on me, are you Jay?" Jay stayed quiet for a moment, trying to scramble together some type of excuse. What could he say? He had acted without a second thought and now it was backfiring on him. "No, I just... the neighbors. You don't want her making all that damn noise, do you? Don't you think Chloe's neighbors will get suspicious if they hear a screaming girl all the time?" It was the best he could do, and after a long moment of Bucky staring him down, he shrugged and nodded. "I guess you're right. Guys, we gotta keep her quiet. Somebody go cut her tongue out-"

"Bucky!" Jay snapped, glaring at him for suggesting such a thing. "What, I'm just joking. Lighten up, Jay, sheesh." Bucky punched Jay's arm playfully and Jay let the glare slide off his face, forcing a small laugh out. "Yeah, okay. I will. Sorry, football practice has just been putting me on edge," he muttered, hoping he could use that to excuse his odd behavior. "We all have our fuck-up days, Jay, get over it. You're still the best we got. Coach isn't going to start that second string Sophomore so just chill out." Bucky grabbed the remote back, moving the setting up and pressing the button down for a moment, snickering before tossing it over to Chloe. "We need a night shift guy, who wants it?"

"Oh me! I got get out of delivering pizzas," Jay chimed up as fast as he could. Bucky looked back at him, raising an eyebrow. "You sure? Sleep deprivation isn't going to help with practice," he said. "I'll sleep during Calculus. Who needs it, anyways? Am I right?" Most of the team hollered in agreement, and Jay was glad the noise had started up once more until one of them suggested kicking the rat around. Jay bit his lip, watching as half the team headed down to start beating on Winsley, trying not to watch without looking too suspicious.

Kilo looked back at Winnie as she held on to him, nodding slightly. He sighed, looking back at Sage once more. "Hang in there, buddy." With a pat on the hand, he went to sit. As he settled, he placed his elbows on his knees, holding his face with his hands. Would this effect him permanently? Hopefully it wouldn't, though it was a possibility. Would he get memory loss? Be crippled? Oh god, the thought of it killed him inside.
He looked up when Winnie questioned something he hadn't even thought of. The immediate thought after was to call him, but then he thought for a moment. With Rose suffering with cancer as it was, should they know? Of course they did. "Yeah, yeah. Just... I'll call them soon. He needs to rest." I need to rest. He ran a hand through his hair, sticking it at random ends. Kilo felt tired, exhausted mentally. He sat back in the chair, with it moved close to the bed. "Just... I need a minute..." His eyes slowly closed his eyes, only intending to shut them for a minute. Then, without warning, he fell into rest, sleeping as of then. All the stress and 'excitement' that night exhausted him, so there he sat.

Winsley struggled to fight the pain, gripping her head with her hands as it continued. Her cries were ignored, and even laughed at. When it stopped, she went limp on the ground. She laid there, breathing heavily as the others talked. Every part of her twitched at random intervals, matching the shakiness of her breathing. She felt too broken to move, so she stayed where she was, trying to regain her strength in the time that she had. Even if she knew why Jay was talking the way it was, it still stung her. Tears pricked her eyes, though she blinked them away as quickly as she could. The random zap given to her caught her by surprise, allowing a faint cry to fall from her mouth. Immediately she bit her lip, laying her head down against the floor. Her body twitched for that moment, trying to register the painful shock. It only made the shaking worse. Goose bumps trailed up and down her arms in reaction to the electrical shocks.

Each word she listened to, hearing about there needing to be a night watch, and thankfully tonight it was going to be Jay. There was hollering that ensued after agreeing over a silly thing such as sleeping in class. It was almost as if they all were as psychopathic Bucky, or just didn't realize the severity of the situation. Either way, they were hurting a human being.
Just before she thought it all was over, one suggested to continue the torture. As they walked over to her, she maneuvered herself so that her injury was covered, clamping one arm around her stomach, and the other around her neck. They started to kick her, hitting into her arms, legs, and back. One person aimed at the back of her head, kicking at her. Immediately she moved her hand to her head, though she was completely in pain. She coughed, crying out when they kicked her as hard as they could. Bruises were starting to form all over. She kept her legs tucked up to her chest, though that wasn't allowed to stay forever. Hit by hit, she groaned, squeezing her eyes shut. Winsley couldn't bare to watch them hit her, to beat her up while she couldn't fight back. After a few minutes, the kicking was beginning to let up, which she was thankful of in a strange way. Her whole body ached, feeling demolished. A headache formed, making her head throb. All she hoped was they they would get bored with her and leave.

Winnie pulled up a chair next to Kilo as he promised to call Sage's parents later on. She watched as he closed his eyes and fell into a deep rest, sighing quietly. She turned to Sage, walking over to his bed and taking his hand in hers, squeezing gently. She waited a moment, making sure Kilo was asleep, before talking. "You better be okay, you hear me? Tyler doesn't deserve this bullshit, Sage, you better wake up soon, and you better be alright. We need to find Winsley and Korren and we can't do that without you. So in the morning you better be awake and eating breakfast or I'll... I'll... I don't know what I'm going to do but it will be really annoying, okay? So just.... wake up," she muttered, looking down at his blank face.

She then turned back to Kilo, letting her hand slip away from Sage and walking out to request a blanket from the nurse. Once she got it, she laid it over Kilo, before curling up in the chair next to him, resting her head on his shoulder and drifting off, hoping and praying that Sage had heard her, that when they woke up the next morning he would be awake too.

Jay watched as they all beat on her, not joining in the fun but not arguing anymore either. Bucky watched next to him, not bothering to join in either. "Filthy rat. That's all she'll ever be." He leaned against the railing, glancing over at Jay. "Right?" Jay watched, hoping Bucky couldn't see the way his hands clenched into fists as they hurt her, as he stood by and watched like the coward he was. "Right," Jay agreed, though his heart wasn't in it. Bucky rose an eyebrow. "You're acting really weird, Jay. And it's only ever around this rat. You better not be keeping anything from me," he said, patting Jay's shoulder once before walking up. "Pft, I tell you everything, Bucky," Jay said, and Bucky nodded once, stopping at the top. "Yeah, I guess you do." He looked over the chaos he had caused, not quite smiling though he supposed he did enjoy watching it. "I have Korren with me." Jay looked up at him. "Willingly?" Bucky didn't answer. Instead he went through the door. Everyone seemed to notice this, for they all followed after him, leaving Winsley alone for now.

Jay hung back, waiting until all of them were out of the basement and the door was closed before heading down to Winsley, sitting on the floor and gently resting her head in his lap. "I got you now, Babe." He rubbed her arm, noticing bruises beginning to form on her pale skin. He shrugged his jacket off, laying it over her like a blanket, deciding they wouldn't be coming down for the rest of the night. "I'll get you some medicine when they're gone, and some food. I promise." He leaned down and kissed her temple, trying to relax though he was sure he was shaking just as bad as she had been, because he was just as scared.

Winsley took each hit, hearing their laughter only as they joked about her pain, keeping contests on who could hit her harder, whoever could make her cry. Once or twice she felt sharp kicks at her, causing her to gasp or let out an animal-like cry. It was all just some big joke to them. Finally after a minute or so, they finally slowed everything down and stopped, walking away to follow after Bucky. Again she went limp, laying on the floor coughing. When the door to the basement closed, she heard one set of footsteps down the steps and towards her. Just by the urgency she figured that it was Jay, since everyone else had left. Her head moved to lay in his lap, resting more comfortably than before. She coughed, groaning quietly. Now that the others were gone, she didn't have to endure more pain. The soothing touch that she needed was given, though his hand ran over the forming bruises. Her body ached from being kicked around, destroyed for their enjoyment. The shivering and shuddering slowed as his jacket laid over her. She curled up so the jacket covered her whole body, since it was the one piece of comfort she had. Winsley slowly nodded her head as an answer to his promise of food and medicine, just to be sure he knew that she understood. A soft kiss placed on her temple, which made her crumble. Through all of it and he was still there, though unable to truly save her.

Now that they were alone together, she openly cried. Tears slowly began to peak from her eyes and flow down. She pressed her face into his leg, muffling herself as best as she could. "I can't do this," She spoke, shakily inhaling in between words. "It's going to get worse. God, how could they be so bad? How could they?" Winsley choked these words out, mainly thinking of Bucky and Chloe. Bucky enforced the idea of this to even happen, while the person that betrayed her a while back just let it happen, and in fact added to the torture. They put her in a cold basement with a shock collar, loving to torture and hear her 'amusing' cries. "I can't do it, I can't do it.." She repeated, unable to stop herself from crying.

Korren had gotten to the point where she could open the door, though that came at a price. As soon as she opened it, her whole body tumbled out and hit the concrete. She whimpered out when she made contact with the ground, though she knew she had to continue. Lights stayed on in Chloe's house, while a whole body of voices piped up. She had to move. Even though her heartbeat couldn't pick up, it would have been at that point. She took in deep breaths, trying her hardest to force herself to move. First it started with moving her arm, moving it to reach out, then her hand slowly clamped down on soft grass. It was good enough. With that arm she began to pull herself towards the grass, repeating that process after a minute or so. Soon her whole body was in the grass, dragging to try and get to the neighbor's house. Hopefully they would be able to help her. Pulling herself across the grass was a difficult and costly task though. If she failed, then she would have to pay with Bucky, which made her second guess herself. Any adrenaline in her was dying down, and the not-so-simple task she was pushing herself to do started to get harder.

Jay felt his heart shatter as she cried, biting his lip as she told him how she couldn't do this. No. He couldn't hear that. "Shhh, Baby, please just rest." He wished he could do something- anything- for her, but there was almost nothing to do. And then he got an idea. Something small, but hopefully something that would help. He pulled his phone out, looking through his playlist for music Winsley liked. Their style was relatively similar as he had noticed from all the band shirts she wore and he clicked on a song, turning the volume up to halfway and setting his phone down. Music was often a comfort to him when he was feeling low so he was sure it would help her too.

For awhile, he just let the music play, until he decided he needed to make Winsley a promise. "I need you to be strong just for a few days. I'll get you out of here in a week tops. Winsley, I promise you. I just need a little bit of time to figure out how to do it, to set my bedroom up, and then we can run off, and you can live with me until all this bullshit dies down. Just keep it up, just seven days- maybe less. You can do that, Wins, I know you can. You're the strongest person I've ever met." Maybe that wasn't exactly true but Jay didn't care in that moment. He'd say a million things that weren't true if it meant saving Winsley's life. He brought her into his lap, careful knowing she was bruised pretty bad, and turned the music up a little more. He figured no one would care as long as they knew Jay was down here. "Oh, I got something, here, baby, this'll help." Jay pulled a joint out of his front pocket, lighting it up and resting it in between her lips. "Come on, take a hit." He hoped a buzz would calm the pain, and while he knew he couldn't supply her with a lot of these, every now and then would be okay. They all smoked so it wouldn't be too suspicious.

Bucky sat in the kitchen, drinking a beer as Chloe perched herself in his lap, her arms wrapped around his neck as she leaned down to kiss him. He turned away, not interested in her now that he had Korren back. "What the fuck, Bucky?" she hissed, making him face her. "I'm not staying over, Chloe. I just came to drop the rat off." He took another swig of his drink before pushing her off his lap. She gasped, disgusted by how easily he turned her aside. "Why? I thought we had something, Bucky. You promised me we-"

"Jesus Christ, Chloe, just keep the rat alive and quiet, okay? I have to go. If you want a quick fuck there's twenty other football players in this house." Bucky started for the door, knowing the drug would wear off for Korren in about fifteen minutes. He wanted to make sure she was okay. "I want you, though, Bucky, why can't you stay?" she whined, and he flinched slightly, always annoyed with Chloe's whine. "Because Korren's waiting for me." Silence. "That bitch? Waiting for you? Bucky, she's-" All at once Chloe was pinned against the wall, Bucky's hand around her neck, choking her. "She's not a bitch, and yes she's waiting for me." He let Chloe go and she gasped, falling to her knees as he walked out. As he did, Chloe felt complete and utter rage boil up inside her. He had kicked her to the curb so quickly, and all for a girl who didn't even want to be with him. She scowled, looking over at the remote to the shock collar. If she couldn't have Bucky, at least she'd have someone to take her misery out on.

Bucky headed outside, noticing Korren was laying out on Chloe's yard. A slight panic rushed over him and he jogged over to her. "Love, what are you doing?" he asked, kneeling down and picking her up, being as careful with her as he possibly could. "Doe, I'm sorry, I wasn't even thinking. Are you thirsty? Hungry? Let's go home. I'll make you your favorite and maybe we can watch some TV and relax. Does that sound good?" He kissed her cheek, setting her back in the car and buckling her up before closing the door and heading over to the driver's side, heading home for the night.

Winsley clung on to him, digging her nails into his jeans as she cried. Over time she attempted to stop, though it still came in stifled waves. Music played in her ears, playing so she could relax. It soothed her anxiety, though not her worries. Over time she laid there in silence, wiping away tears that coated her skin. She listened when he spoke, listening to the promise he wanted her to make. A week in this hell hole, and she had to put up with it. She hesitated in saying anything, knowing that a week would feel like a month for her, though if it meant getting out of there...
She nodded as she was being pulled into his lap, hoping that he would see it. For now it was best for her to just save her voice, to hold on to it while she could. Without hesitation she took the joint, taking a hit from the joint, blowing out the smoke shakily. She leaned against Jay, pressing her head against him. After a few moments she took another, wanting to settle her nerves.

Korren glanced up from the ground, hearing someone exit the house. Her mind was panicking, yet her body was not responding. Bucky had come out of the house, which crushed every hope she had. She couldn't speak, and couldn't resist when she was being picked up. As he spoke, all he could do was just slowly nod. Every part of her did not respond, though surely even if it did she would not catch herself dead arguing with Bucky. No, instead she was settled in the car to head to his home. Back to where it all started, and to where it would all end. She closed her eyes, not wanting to think of any of it. Sure, he was being nice now, though the moment that she did something wrong, she would pay for it, and surely she had already done two things wrong.

All she could think about was the escape, though. If she reached that neighbors house, then what would have happened? Would he have shot the neighbors, or drove her off to hide from the police again? In either scenario, she wasn't going to escape. Not now, not ever.

Chloe had a rage come over her unlike any other, and she watched as the football players left one by one, her glare sharply detracting from the beautiful features that often kept at least one staying the night. It didn't matter, though. She didn't want any of them. She wanted Bucky. She loved Bucky. He was supposed to be with her forever. They were supposed to end up together. Not him and that bitch, Korren. She didn't even want him. Chloe huffed, looking down at her nails as she headed towards the basement. Korren. Korren loved Sage, now. So why was she hanging around Bucky? And where the fuck was Sage? They had his best friend thrown in a basement. She imagined he would have been here by now. Except he wasn't.

It made her curious, to say the least, and she pulled out her phone. She still had Sage's contact saved with a heart next to his name, and she texted him. Do you miss your little friend, yet? She pocketed her phone, waiting for his reply as she swung open the basement door, glaring down at Winsley, about to tell the girl all the pain she was going to cause her when she saw something.

Even in the dim lighting of the basement she knew they were too close together, but Jay had moved so fast she wasn't sure if perhaps he was just screwing with the rat or if it had been something more. "Well look at this," she hissed, walked down the stairs. Jay began stuttering as he stood up, trying to get out any combination of words that would be coherent. Chloe snorted. "I have to say, Jayden, I'm quite shocked in your choice in rat. Short hair and an ugly attitude? I never thought it was your type." She looked at Winsley, turning the collar up a bit more and letting her finger hover over the button. "It's not," Jay said finally, and Chloe snickered. "Alright then, Bud, if you say so then show me." She turned the remote up all the way and handed it over to Jay. "Hold it down for a minute."

Jay looked at the remote, biting his lip as he always did when he was nervous. "Chloe I'm not much on the whole physical torture-" She glared. "Either do it, or I'll be forced to assume you were just holding that disgusting rat instead of abusing her." Jay looked down at the remote, sighing. He felt caught. "What's got you so pissy tonight?" he asked, trying to divert her attention. If there was anything Chloe loved to talk about it was herself. "Your bestie cut me off," she sneered, and then suddenly smirked. It unnerved Jay to say the least. "Bucky's the jealous type, right?" she asked. Jay nodded once, hoping this would get him out of hurting WInsley. "Good to know, now do it." Damn. Jay looked down at the remote, but didn't dare look at Winsley, before reluctantly pressing the button. He tried to let go as early as he could but Chloe wrapped her hand around his, holding it in place for even longer than a minute, and Jay was helpless to stop it.

Bucky drove Korren back to his home, picking her up and taking her inside. He set her on his couch for now, handing her the remote. The drug would be wearing off soon, and so he wanted to her to feel free to do what she wanted so long as she didn't run away. "You can watch what you want. I'll make us some dinner." He headed into the kitchen, looking around. If he was being honest with himself he had no idea how to kick. Usually the servants of the house did all the work for him but he had sent them all out on a vacation, wanting to be alone with Korren. Of course there was the worry of his mother, but she hardly ever glanced in his direction so he doubted she would notice their guest.

He looked through the pantry, finding some spaghetti with directions on the box. It seemed like a cop out dinner and he was starting to regret letting the cook go as he filled a pot with water and set it to boil. He watched it nervously, his foot tapping as he waited. It took forever, it seemed. Nothing was happening. Ten minutes went by before he realized he hadn't turned the stove on. Feeling embarrassed, he turned it on high, glancing out towards the living room. "Korren, doe, dinner might take a little longer than expected," he said, his voice cracking as he spoke. He felt himself begin to panic, and his foot tapped faster. He was normally so composed, but now with Korren he was nervous. He had to impress her, to make her remember how much they loved each other, how they belonged together. Even if he hit her, it was okay. It was only sometimes, it wasn't like he was leaving blood on his hands. They could get through it. "Fuck, why won't this water boil?" he snarled, and stared at the stove for a long moment before realizing he had turned the wrong burner on. "Oh," Bucky muttered, grabbing the pot and moving it onto the burner that was fully heated.

He blew out a breath, finally getting somewhere. He glanced towards the living room. The drug had worn off by now, and he was sure Korren could do whatever she wanted. He waited to hear the television come on, or maybe a door open. Was she going to try to run away again? Why would she do that in the first place? He was so good to her. He was being so nice, trying so hard. She had to love him. He waited.

Winsley was taking a few puffs on the joint when all the sudden, the door open. Immediately she fell to the ground, hitting her side and yelping in pain. The bruising on her didn't help at all, sense she felt entirely beat. She looked up to see Chloe walking down the steps to their level. Without a word she watched as they interacted, though was entirely worried. What did she do to the remote? As soon as her finger came close to the button, she scooted backwards. Jay denied any claims that Chloe was making, and as soon as he was made to prove himself, her face went pale. The voltage had been turned up, and she was about to get shocked. By Jay. One last time she looked up at Jay, before the shock started to administer. It came in quick and was relentless. At first she yelped, crying out as the pain ran through her. Then it came to screaming, and she couldn't stop. Tears forced down her sickly pale face. She was visibly defeated, if anything. "Stop, please stop, no-" Winsley choked out her words, just before crying out more. Her body curled back up into a protective ball, while her hands went to the collar. She was trying to pull it off of her, trying to yank it off as the button continued to be pressed. Multiple times her fingers slipped, ending with the device smacking her in the throat and the shock continuing all the way through. "Stop, stop!" She shouted out, with streams of tears falling down her face. "I'll do anything, stop!" The minute the words left her mouth, she regretted it. It was true, though. If anything meant for the shocks to stop, she would do it. That is, anything that didn't involve other people.

Korren opened her eyes when he picked her up, bringing her inside to his house. The drug was slowly wearing off, though side effects still ensued. Hallucinations faintly blurred in her eyes, feeling reel for a long moment. She sat there on the couch, watching Bucky as he left the room. Yet as she sat there, she felt hands around her neck, unsure whether if that was the hallucination or if Bucky was actually doing this to her. She reached up to try and rip them off, and yet they disappeared. After that she took a deep breath, closing her eyes, and listened to what was going on in the house. Bucky was moving things around in the kitchen, and announced himself that he was making dinner. From the sound of it he was having trouble, though she did not want to help him.

After a few moments, she opened her eyes, focus mainly on the door. Her main exit. The physical effects of the drug wore off, though she wasn't sure whether or not it would have been wise to try and escape again, not since he was being so nice now. One more screw up would probably be enough to upset him, which frightened her. Instead, she picked up the remote and flipped through the channels. While she did so, she shifted her legs, moving to lay out on the couch. As long as there was no room for him to be with her, she was fine with that. If it weren't for her knowledge of Bucky by now, she would have laughed at his ignorance of using a stove. She knew why he didn't know, though. He never did things on his own. All of his life, he was raised by servants. And now wasn't any different, except for the fact that the servants weren't there. She almost questioned it, though before asking she knew he answer. He wanted her all to himself, with no interruptions whatsoever. This realization made all sense of escape seem impossible, and surely it was. They were alone together, and all of his focus would be on her.

For now, she stayed silent, flipping through the t.v stations until she gave up, placing the remote down on the coffee table. Instead, she closed her eyes, though didn't sleep. Perhaps if she pretended to sleep though, then maybe he would leave her alone for that night. Either way, she couldn't completely avoid him.

Jay closed his eyes, trying to pull his hand away but failing. Chloe's grip was too strong, and he felt far too weak. "Open your eyes, Jay. Look at her," Chloe said, and he obeyed because he knew he had no other option. It killed him, to see her in so much pain, to hear her beg and scream. Chloe kept his hand on the button even as Winsley promised to do anything. She went as far as to laugh, finally letting up. "Anything? You're locked in my fucking basement, you have to do anything anyways," she snarled, before looking up at Jay. She wasn't entirely sure she believed that he had no feelings for Winsley, though he had done what he was supposed to. For now, at least.

"Jay, let's go upstairs," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck. She glanced once at Winsley, who was no doubt taking a breather after all the shocking. Chloe wondered if WInsley liked Jay, if perhaps Winsley was the jealous type like Bucky. "You're more entertaining than Bucky anyways." Jay glanced at Winsley. "I need to watch her, don't I?" he asked. "Oh, nah, we'll lock her in for the night. It'll be fine. You just come with me, okay? Everyone else is gone." She leaned up and kissed him, and Jay stood perfectly still, confused by her actions. He didn't know what she was playing at anymore. He kissed her back, only because he figured it was the right thing to do, and it wasn't like he had ever passed up an opportunity with Chloe before. If he did now it'd be suspicious. When she finally pulled away she turned to Winsley, smirking brightly. "Look at the little rat with nothing. Such a shame. Come on Jay," she cooed, snickering as she started to walk off.

Bucky finally figured it out. After what seemed like forever he finally managed to cook the spaghetti- well, overcook it, but at least it was something. He poured cold sauce over it all and carried two plates out with the intention of having a somewhat nice meal. He set them both down though when he noticed Korren appeared to be asleep. He frowned slightly, wishing she hadn't drifted off although he wasn't mad at her for it. Drugs tended to make people sleepy so he couldn't blame her. "Alright Sweet doe, I guess it's bed time," he whispered, carefully picking her up, trying not to wake her.

He carried her up to his room, where he had haphazardly cleaned everything himself for her arrival. He laid her down in his bed and took her shoes off for her before tucking her in, moving over to his side and pulling off his shirt before laying down. He looked over at Korren, smiling to himself. "Me and you, Doe. You're gonna love me again. I know it." He turned and kissed her cheek before getting under the covers himself, wrapping an arm around her waist and keeping her close to him as he closed his eyes, drifting off and feeling weakly optimistic about the days ahead.

Winsley gasped for air when the button had finally been let up on. She pushed herself on her arms, though every part of her was shaking. Slowly she moved her head up to look at Chloe and Jay, seeing how close Chloe was to Jay. This pissed her off, and yet she couldn't do anything about it. A harsh glare was sent towards Chloe, since that was all she could really do. Even if Chloe didn't see it, it was there. She saw Jay's hesitation for the moment, though Chloe's attitude trumped it all. As she shook, she couldn't help but become extremely angry at her. The crazy whore had shocked her and kissed Jay, though that wasn't the part that made her react. What she said irritated her, though it gave her a clear chance to attack. She wasn't nothing, and didn't have nothing, and Chloe was going to witness that soon enough.
As soon as the girl turned her back on her, she struggled on to her feet, shaking still. Adrenaline pushed her forward, making her run towards Chloe and tackling her. Without hesitation she flipped Chloe on to her back when she was tackled, and started to beat her fists into the psycho's face. "You little bitch, you fucking whore." She hissed, continuing to punch, hitting her as fast as she could with all the strength that she had left. This was for Jay, for Sage, and for the rest of her friends. If she couldn't bring vengeance upon Bucky, she was going to do it to Chloe.

Korren kept her eyes closed, keeping a little voice in the back of her mind saying that maybe he would go away, maybe he would leave her alone. That wasn't the case. As he walked over, she felt her heart pick up pace, though not as fast as before. She felt that maybe he would see through her trick, maybe he would try to see if she really was asleep. No, no he didn't do that at all. It surprised her, and she almost opened her eyes to face him. She didn't allow herself though.

They headed up the stairs, or at least that's what she heard, and entered a room. She knew where she was, though. It was his room. Not a guest bedroom, no. His room. She was brought over to his bed, set down, and tucked in. It was sweet of him to think of such a thing... no- no, it shouldn't have been sweet. And yet.. it was.

The side of the bed leant where Bucky climbed on, laying down next to her, holding her close. It confused her brain with his soft touches and kind hand. Now he was deciding to be kind to her. Perhaps... perhaps he really just was troubled after all? He was confused, trying to love the girl he first fell in love with, yet also the girl he first discovered his love to hurt others with. That fact made her shudder, remembering that he had shot Sage and beat him until he could hear the pain. He was a psychopath, borderline sociopathic as well. There was no stopping him until he got what he wanted. Well, now he had what he wanted, though it was only a matter of time before he wanted more.

Korren didn't rest well, or at all for the matter. No. While Bucky drifted off, she was wide awake. When she figured it was safe, she opened her eyes. The feeling of her phone in her back pocket felt like a weight on her. If she tried to contact anyone, would he know? She pondered about it, deciding to wait for now. It wasn't safe. Not when he wasn't right there.
She shifted slowly in the bed, moving so her back was to him. It almost felt safer, yet it wasn't. Still she was in this house of agony, forced to stay or else she would be dragged back to the same spot and made sure that she couldn't leave.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she laid there, with eyes wide open. She forgot about the hallucinations. One decided to pop up then in the form of a dark figure. It moved closer to her until it hovered over. Her breathing quickened. It just stood there, watching her. Just like Bucky would. Was Bucky out of bed? Slowly she looked over to the other side of the bed. Bucky was there. Then she turned back towards the black figure. It dissapeared. Just to be sure, she looked back at Bucky again. This time there was an image she thought she never would have seen. His eyes were wide open, seeming to be in a curled smile, but he didn't move. Just laid there, looking at her. Korren tried to blink this one away, she couldn't. Was it real? Or was it fake? Why did her mind play tricks now? It just watched her. She felt uneasy by it, but couldn't look away. Instead she slowly moved away, though was caught with Bucky's arm around her. "What are you doing?" She whispered, unsure if this was real or not. "Please, no more. I'm sorry, don't look at me like that." Korren pried his hands off of her and stumbled out of the bed. It was pitch black, yet the moonlight cast a tricky shadow that played with her mind, though it had no need, for her mind was playing games anyway. Without thinking she got up and bolted down the steps and towards the front door. It was all an illusion, yet she didn't know if it was or not. She was terrified of him, truly terrified. In all reality she was running from something that wasn't there, taking now as a last second chance to escape it all.

Jay had just started to follow Chloe when Winsley pounced. He froze, feeling shocked by the way she tackled Chloe and ruthlessly started swinging. In that moment, pride swelled up inside him for his girl. She was a fighter. She was going to last through this week. He was going to get her out of there and they were going to get a happy ending. He'd make sure of it. Chloe's shrieks pulled him out of his thoughts, though, and he looked towards the two as she screamed for Jay's help, frantically trying and failing to block all of Winsley's hits. Her eyes were squeezed shut, and so as Jay wrapped his arms around Winsley's waist to pick her up, he waited, letting her get a few more hits in before finally picking her up off CHloe and kissing her cheek quickly. He set her down a few feet away, and stood in the front of her to keep her from going at Chloe again, a bright grin on his face since his back was facing Chloe.

"You little bitch!" Chloe shrieked. "Jay, help me," she whined, and Jay winced from the sound of her voice but all the same walked over to her, helping her to her feet. Chloe leaned against him heavily. Her face was a mess and she'd probably need stitches in some places. "God, Chlo, you look horrible," Jay muttered, and she hissed at him before turning on Winsley once more. "I'm going to kill you-"

"Hey, don't waste your breath on her. Let's go upstairs, alright? Let me fix you up," Jay said, kissing her neck a couple times to shut her up. He knew Chloe pretty well so he figured it would work. It did. "Oh... okay, but tomorrow-" she started, but Jay once again cut her off. "Yeah, yeah, we know. Kill her." He picked Chloe up and she glared towards Winsley as he carried her upstairs, just glad to get her away from Winsley. If he hadn't, he didn't know what would have happened to her.

Bucky started to shift in his bed when Korren started whispering to him. He blinked, confused as she asked him not to look at her a certain way. "Wha...?" he mumbled, still half asleep. How could he have been looking at her if he was asleep. "Korren, go back to-" Suddenly she was up, running away. Bucky's sleep fell away as he sat up, feeling panicked, terrified even. "Korren! Wait!" He shouted, stumbling out of bed. He tripped, but regained his footing and rushed after her. "Shit, shit, shit. Fucking hell, why is she running?" he mumbled, sprinting down the stairs after her. She was so close to the door. Adrenaline alone sent him sprinting past her. He slammed into his own front door, quickly blocking it as he panted heavily, looking over her in confusion.

"What the hell? Korren I've been so nice to you. I'm doing everything I possibly can to make you love me again. Why do you keep running away? Why are you hurting me like this? I haven't done anything wrong! I'm trying so hard not to do anything wrong and you just keep fucking running," he snapped. He was angry and tired and scared because she almost made it out the door. "I love you, why can't you just love me?" he said a little quieter, looking down instead of at her as he tried to figure out what to do. She needed to sleep. The entire night. He moved away from the door, walking over to her and taking her hand, careful not to break her fingers like some instinct was telling him to do. He wouldn't hurt her. He had promised himself he wouldn't hurt her anymore. At least, not until she loved him again.

He led her into the kitchen, pulling out a chair for her to sit. He walked over to a cabinet, pulling out a pill bottle and putting three in his hand before replacing it. He got a glass of water and put one pill in his own mouth, chasing it down with the water, before pushing the other two at her along with the glass. It was melatonin, and it would help them both sleep tonight. Bucky was already exhausted from such a long day. He didn't need to wake up because of Korren's stupid ideas of running away.

Winsley kept throwing punches until Jay slowly pulled her off of Chloe. The peck on her cheek settled her slightly, though not completely. When she was set down, she moved to get up, standing with Jay in between her and her target. A subtle smirk joined in on Jay's grin. Truly she had done something good, though at a price. Chloe's shrieks filled the room. It filled her ears with a horrid sound, only furthering her headache. Yet all in the same she was glad that she beat Chloe up. It made Winsley chuckle when she saw her face, heard how helpless she acted. As the girl was getting carried up, she couldn't help but laugh at her. "I'm not the only one who has nothing, c*nty." Just before they disappeared up stairs, she blew a kiss and showed her middle finger. At that moment she didn't think of any consequences, only to see the humiliated look on her face. It helped her push through this hell hole.

As soon as they disappeared, she sat down on the ground, breathing heavily. What she did was a costly action in the long run, especially in terms of her health. She laid down on her back, looking up at the ceiling of the basement. Exhaustion fell over her, though the blasted reminder of the shock collar didn't help one bit. She rolled on to her side, looking at the floor. There was a black object near the stairs. The remote. She lifted herself on her hands and knees, crawling over to the object. If she got hold of it, she could stop the shocking. Winsley spun it in her hands, trying to find markings that showed where the batteries were. In order to get to it, though, she would have needed a tool. Of course. Nothing wasn't that easy... unless...
With all her might she chucked it at the nearest wall in hopes that it would shatter into pieces. Into pieces was the goal, though not what she achieved. She move to grab it again, throwing it at the wall. The process was repeated over and over again until finally she got the remote case to loosen. She took off the back of it and took out the batteries, though didn't know what to do with them. In her own haste, she placed one battery behind the steps, and the other in a dusty corner with spiderwebs. Hopefully no prissy brat in their group decided to get it. Then, she pieced together the remote the best she could, placing it by the steps where it originally was. By this time she was physically exhausted, hurting all over with a relentless burning sensation around her neck. Tried as she may, she could not get the collar off.

Korren came to a quick halt when Bucky burst through, smacking into the door to stop her from leaving. In her panicked flurry she hadn't stopped to think about her irrational behavior. She panted, looking with panicked eyes up at him as he shouted at her. The shouting triggered her to flinch, backing up slightly out of instinctive fear. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Korren blurred out in between breaths. "I don't know- I- I don't know." The quickness of her words made her sound panicked, unsure of what she was really doing. And she was. What had happened to her in that moment? It was unusual, but it was a reaction to times he grinned at her deviously just before hurting her. It was something she had wanted to do each time, and that's what her mind went to.

She was brought to the kitchen, and sat down in the chair that was pulled out ofr her. From then on she stayed silent, unsure of whether to say anything or not. Instead she watched his every move up until he passed her the medicine. At first she hesitated, though soon took the pills and downed them, drinking the water to chase them.
After that she looked at the table, placing her hands in her lap. She felt guilty for causing any trouble, for making everyone's lives harder. But now she was here, and hopefully the only life that would be hard was hers.

She desperately wanted to message Sage on her phone, to know how he was. The thought of him picked at her mind, unsure of whether or not he had died. It was a terrible mystery to her, and her deep concern leaked out on to her face, just for a moment. Then she closed her eyes, placing her head in her hands. "I thought you were awake," She whispered, though it sounded dumb. "I- it must have been the drug.." Korren spoke quietly as she tried to explain herself, trying to make it so he would understand and not be mad at her. If she kept talking though, she knew that he would get annoyed. "Sorry," She mumbled, looking down at her lap.

After a few minutes the medicine should kick in, though for now she sat there, waiting for a response from Bucky.

Jay had doctored Chloe up as best he could. He cleaned the blood off her face and put bandaids over the cuts, resting an ice pack on her bruised eye. "You should go to bed, Chloe. Sleep it off." They were in her room, and while Jay had never minded the king sized bed he could think of nothing he wanted to do more than leave it. "Sleep with me, will you?" Chloe asked, laying down on the bed and patting the empty space next to her. Jay inwardly rolled his eyes, laying next to her. Chloe didn't like sweet things like this. She just used guys until she was satisfied and moved on. It made him wonder what she was up to as she curled up next to him.

It took her over an hour to fall asleep, but once she had Jay got to his feet and headed to her bathroom, pulling some pain killers out of the cabinet before heading downstairs and making a couple sandwiches in the kitchen. He grabbed a whole two liter bottle of soda, along with a couple bags of chips, and pausing for a moment. He grabbed a blanket from the closet by the kitchen, before heading down into the basement. "Hey Wins, I brought you some stuff," he said, his hands full with everything he was bringing for her.

Bucky sighed as she sat there, trying to explain to him. It was annoying, but he managed to keep his cool. "It's okay," he finally said, walking over and brushing his fingers through her hair. "I should have picked something with less side effects. I'm sorry, Korren, I wasn't thinking." Maybe if he apologized she'd love him. Maybe that was all she needed. It sparked an idea within him, and he knew he had a few minutes before the medicine kicked in and started making her tired. "I'm sorry for a lot of things," he added. "For everything, really. I... I didn't do it right the first time. But I want to fix it, I really do. I don't want you to be scared. I'm not gonna hurt you ever again. I'm sorry I ever did." He knew he couldn't really never hurt her again. Even now, as she looked so apologetic. He wanted to push her down, to scream at her, to leave pretty bruises on her skin for trying to run from him. But he couldn't. He couldn't hurt her. Not yet. Everything needed to settle down.

He saw the concern cross over her face and knew almost immediately why. "He's alive, you know. I... I wanted to know, too. Of course, that's not really what I wanted to hear but it'll probably make you feel a little better. I have some connections at the hospital. Had them let me know," he added. Bucky thought maybe if she knew that it would be easier for her to love him. If he wasn't a murderer then really he had done nothing wrong and so he was good. It'd be easier. She'd love him again. He was sure of it.

Winsley laid on the ground for what seemed like forever, not wanting to get up. After all that went on, she just wanted to sleep, and yet she couldn't. The cold floor reminded her that she would not have a bed to lay on, or a blanket to cover her shivering body at night. For forever she laid there, with her hands running over her arms, attempting to regain warmth through rubbing them. It worked for seconds at a time, though her arms were beaten and bruised. Every time she tried it, she ached.

The silence echoed in the house, causing anxiety to throw all kinds of questions around her head. Had Jay left? Was he staying with Chloe, or did he feel it was too risky to stay and went home? Over time though, all her questions were discarded. There was shuffling above her, and she listened to it, waiting for someone to come by. Slowly she crept over to the steps, trying to come closer to the door, that way she could hear. And soon enough, foot steps came closer to the basement door. She scurried away from the steps in a panic, hiding away behind them as if that could have helped her. It could have been Chloe up there, but could it really?
The door creaked open, she peaked around the steps. There was Jay. She let out a breath she had been holding, relieved that it was only him. He had brought things as well, which made her smile. "Thank you" She whispered, sitting there as he brought the items to her. Desperately she wanted to lay down comfortably, yet the collar was a pain to deal with. There was food and drinks, as well as a blanket. As soon as he approached her, she reached up carefully and tugged on the blanket, wanting that item the most. "It's cold, Jay. To think a rich kid's house had a crappy, cold basement." Winsley tried to joke around, to pretend that things were less of a problem than they actually were. But that was a lie. Hopefully though, the only liar would be herself.

Korren barely looked up at him, not needing to since she felt his presence. The feeling of being comforted was nice, and she leaned slightly into it without thinking. In a way, she liked this side of Bucky. This part of him was gentle, something he never truly was. Still though, she did not love him. Not in the slightest bit. Still though, he apologized. This was new. She perked her head up, looking at him as he spoke. It was strange to hear him apologize, though a small part of her was convinced that he could possibly be changing.The rest of her disagreed. That was all pushed aside at the mention of Sage. Her eyes brightened up unintentionally, while relief washed over her. Sage was alive. Thankfully, Sage was alive. It all could have been a lie, but she didn't care. Hearing that Sage was alive was all she needed then. Her friends were going to be okay, all except for Winsley. Without thinking her hand moved to hold Bucky's as she thought of times with Sage, and slowly she realized. She didn't dare let go, though. Not if it meant to convince him that she loved him. Then, maybe just then, could she find a way out of this mess. For now though, she kept a soft smile, being sweet after a whole night of 'mess-ups'. The pill was slowly starting to work its magic, though it hadn't completely worked just yet.

Jay snorted at Winsley's joke, setting everything down before taking the blanket. He opened it wrapping it around her shoulders and making sure it covered any bare skin. Then he grabbed the plate that held the sandwiches, setting it just in front of her. "Eat. You need your strength." He grabbed the bottle of soda, opening it and taking a sip before setting it next to her, along with the pill bottle. "After you have something in your stomach, take one. It'll make you tired. Here," Jay leaned forward, slowly undoing the collar. He set it aside for now, moving to sit behind her. "Damn, this doesn't look good." Jay gently rubbed her neck, looking over the marks on it.

"I'll bring some burn cream tomorrow night," he promised, wrapping his arms around her waist and trailing kisses up and down her neck. He wished she wasn't hurt, that they were back at her place and all these problems they faced were non existent. He wished Bucky had never showed up, had never hurt Sage, had never ruined Jay's fun. He sat there, thinking for a moment that maybe he could tell Bucky about Winsley, that maybe if he realized how much she meant to Jay he would let her go. Though as quick as that thought came, it went. Bucky hated the rats, even more than he pretended to care about Jay. There was no escaping this. For either of them. He moved to kiss her shoulder, sighing as he sat on that cold ground, knowing he only had a handful of hours before he'd have to stand back and watch the girl he cared about suffer some more.

As Korren moved to hold Bucky's hand he smiled down at her. It was one of those genuine smiles that people hardly saw from him anymore. Not a smirk or one of his evil grins, just a smile. He was happy. Korren made him happy. Korren was all he needed in life. "I love you," he said, because he doubted he had said it enough. "I love you so much, Korren, and you'll see, I promise you'll see. I'll do anything and everything for you. Whatever you want, just ask, love, and it's yours." He had gotten so excited he was starting to squeeze her hand. He looked down, letting go quickly when he heard a pop. "Oh shit, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He took her hand in his again, looking it over. It was okay. Nothing was broken. "I'm just happy, I love you, and you love me too, right?" he asked, looking at her like a child who was hopeful for a new toy.

Winsley watched as he placed things in front of her, content with how much he cared about her. She held the blanket, making sure it hugged her cold skin. Each piece of food placed before her she was thankful for, as she was for the soda. As soon as she could, she reached for a sandwich, taking a large bite, eating it with a sense of urgency. The feeling of food felt nice, as well as the soda being washed down with it. For a moment she stopped, allowing him to work on removing the collar. Oxygen hit the spot where her neck had been hidden under the retched metal, slightly stinging the area that was burned. The burn didn't last for too long though, and her neck was soothed by the comfort. She sighed, loving the freeing feeling she had around her neck. With that she took another sip of soda, making sure to take a pill along with it. Then, she continued to eat, though slowed down this time. Compared to everything that she had been experiencing, this was heaven. She leaned against Jay, placing a hand over his as he held on to her. By then she completed a sandwich, moving on to start the next. She drank soda at small intervals, wanting to truly savor the taste of it. "Thank you so much, Blue Jay." Winsley leaned into his kisses, smiling the whole time. She cherished him as much as she could in that moment. When he kissed her shoulder, she moved to kiss his cheek, though only got as far as his chin. It made her chuckle slightly as she leaned back against him. There was silence between them, though with him there didn't need to be any words spoken. As she leaned against him, she slowly began to close her eyes. Once or twice she blinked, though with comfort like this she couldn't stay awake, and at that point she didn't want to. "Goodnight..." She curled up against him, nuzzling her head into his chest. With that she slowly drifted off, happy to know that she wasn't completely alone.

Korren couldn't help but smile as he looked at her, using an expression she thought she'd never see from him again. It was pure joy, something she never saw in him anymore. He pronounced to her loud and clear how he loved her, which made her heart sink. Genuinely, he still had love in his heart for her. It wasn't healthy, but it was there. By the expression that he would do anything, she almost ask for what she knew she would get back. She wanted to be free, but that wasn't going to happen. Instead, she knew he meant materials. He could give her materials, and he could give her his love alone, but nothing more than that. All she wanted then was to be with Sage, though she knew he wouldn't give that to her.
She looked down at her hand when it popped, a small rush of fright fighting for the spotlight. It was only her knuckles that popped, though. He didn't hurt her, and even apologized when he heard the sound as well.

Once again she looked up with a timid smile, though he asked a question that would be difficult to answer. She hesitated, with her cheeks flushing. How could she answer? Even if he was nice now, there was a hidden fear inside her that said that he would react poorly if she told him the truth. But, from the looks of it, she couldn't lie either. Slowly she pulled her hand away, placing it in her lap. "Uhm.." Her voice shook, displaying her apprehensiveness of what the right answer should have been. Instead of lying, though, she decided to answer with the truth, fearful of being hit. "N- ..no." Korren's voice was quiet, almost whispered. Her eyes glanced from her lap, and up to him for a moment, then to the table. She was anxious, and it was plain as day. Her cheeks reddened as they flushed, while her eyes showed a tensity to them. Truly her mind showed on her sleeves, more than she wanted it to, but she couldn't help it. She almost apologized for the moment, though she had already done it so much that perhaps it was going to get annoying rather quick.

Jay smiled as Winsley drifted off against him. "Goodnight, babe," he cooed, before leaning back against the wall to drift off as well. He set an alarm on his phone though, for a couple hours before Chloe would wake up. Then he would have to put Winsley's collar back on and head up to be with Chloe, but at least for now he could sleep with WInsley, who he truly wanted to be with. For now he had her, and that was all that mattered as he fell asleep as well.

Bucky grew tense for a moment as she answered honestly, though let out a heavy breath as he tried to calm down. He knew that was the truth, and if she had lied he would have only been angrier but still it hurt. It hurt so bad to know how much he loved her and how little she cared for him. "That's okay," he ground out, breathing in, then out, in, out, until he felt it was to talk. "I know I've done some bad things to you and you can't love me instantly. I just... I don't know what I was thinking." He moved his hands to rest on either side of her face, gently tilting her head up to look at him. "Don't be scared, Korren. You can be honest. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise, okay?" He kissed her sweetly, before pulling back. This was going to take more than one night for him to win her back. He knew this and he would do whatever he had to in order to make her smile at him again, to love him again.

"We should go to bed, shouldn't we? I'm sure you're feeling tired. Let's go lay down, my sweet doe." He kissed her again, feeling something begin to fall over him, something desperate, but he had taken a sleeping pill too, and thankfully that overcame his desires and he pulled away once more, taking her hand to guide her back to his room, where they could lay peacefully together until morning.

Korren waited tensely as he calmed himself down, noticing the anger he expressed by her answer. It made her a little stiff, rigid as she waited for his answer. It was pushed out, almost as if he was holding everything he was back, and surely he was. She listened as he spoke up, though didn't look him directly in the eye just yet. His words were calm, something she was starting to hear from him more. Now it seemed as though he was really trying to keep himself in check. Her head was tilted up in between words, making sure she looked him in the eye, and so she did. "Okay," Korren spoke after he kissed her, sharing a sweeter side of him. She didn't quite kiss back, but all in the same she didn't resist. At that moment it almost felt like he was returning to the person she use to love; the boy she fell in love with. Still though, she felt bad for loving him. Sage was the one she loved... yet in her heart there was a small speck of love, sitting and waiting for Bucky. No matter how hard he beat her or how much he hurt her, that small speck of love hid inside her.

He then spoke of going to bed, which she agreed with, though not with going to his bed. Something about it irked her, the idea of laying in a bed with him. Once again she was kissed, though she felt it was slightly more intimate than before. Part of her felt anxious about it, wanting to pull away from him as soon as possible. Thankfully, he pulled away before she could truly react, and grabbed her hand. She stood, though didn't walk towards the stairs like he wanted to. "Let's stay down here, okay?" Korren gave him a tired smile, something to share with him so he wouldn't get easily frustrated with her. Slowly she walked over to the couch, letting go of his hand to sit down. Once her eyes lingered towards the door, with the dying hope of leaving. Instead, she looked away from it, curling up on the couch. With the amount of medicine she took, she began to truly drift off this time. Silence enveloped her as she fell into a world of darkness, hoping that no other nightmares consumed her that night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back