TV & Film Doom Patrol

rae2nerdy

left site
So anyone on here seen the DC Universe show Doom Patrol?

I would to have some folks to chat too about episodes and story themes ;)

I recently caught up to it! It's really interesting! Oddly enough, I think my favorite (Main) character is Rita, with Nobody being my favorite side character. I'm really hoping they bring Danny the Street back, though it sounds like he might've just been a one-off character for now.

Yeah I think my favorite is probably Larry or Vic. I adored the Danny episode and hope to see him and the Dannyzens again as well.

So anyone on here seen the DC Universe show Doom Patrol?

I would to have some folks to chat too about episodes and story themes ;)

It is on my list of things to watch as my SO has been talking about it and reminding me that he wants to watch it as well xD

I've seen up through the Danny ep. Haven't had a chance to see the most recent ep yet, but I hear good things. The series is great. Each episode holds a lot of charm and a ton of style, and more character development and well-written and human feeling interaction happens in any given episode of this show than in some seasons of others I've seen.

Probably my new favorite series.

I've only watched ep 1 but it was okay, at least it wasn't gloom, dark, edgy and sad like the other DC shows I have watched recently (or was forced to watch but was to high to remember anything).

Overall I at least liked it and will probably go back to it in time.

It gets exponentially better after the first episode. I think you need to see at least the first three before you get a real feel for where the series is going.

It's more about exploring what makes each individual character tick and watching them slowly acknowledge and face their respective issues. I'd say the first two episodes are more or less set up, and it's episode three where you start to see the characters really get fleshed out and see what their inner conflicts are.

So if your the kind of person who likes a lot of action in your superhero series, where it's very much good guy fights bad guys, than it's probably not the show for you. Outside of episodes four and five there isn't really a lot of "superheroing" going around.

But if you like more character driven series where you really delve into character motivations and inner conflict it's hands down worth looking into.

It can get dark but it's less of "Oh I literally can't see what is happening on screen right now." Or "Let's say the word fuck a lot to make ourselves look edgy." It's "Oh damn these people have legitimately terrible things happen to them and I'd probably curse like a sailor in their situation too."

I've seen up through the Danny ep. Haven't had a chance to see the most recent ep yet, but I hear good things. The series is great. Each episode holds a lot of charm and a ton of style, and more character development and well-written and human feeling interaction happens in any given episode of this show than in some seasons of others I've seen.

Probably my new favorite series.

OMG the Jane episode is really good. They do heavily imply sexual abuse and suicide in the episode but nothing explicit. And it goes a lot into her alters which is really interesting. I think it's tied with Danny ep for my absolute favorite of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back