Don't Talk To Strangers

ForsakenWings

Voice in the Deep
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
@minokawa

A thread for Forsakenwings & Minokawa to discuss ideas on a 1 x 1 roleplay.

Don't Talk To Strangers

A letter appears in your character's mailbox one day stating your acceptance to Esquivel's School for the Strange. Your character doesn't remember applying to the school, nor does mine. They do, however, posses little abnormalities, strange qualities you could say, that they never paid much mind to. They both get shipped off together in the same cloaked vehicle (y'know, like, invisibility cloaking)

As far as characters, I can play male and female. I normally enjoy having both, since it kinda builds some extra story and perhaps separate relationships. In terms of relationships, I normally role play heterosexual relationships, however if you would like to have a homosexual relationship, I'd be happy to try out such.

I enjoy the ideas of powers that they don't exactly notice too much. Like perhaps one has telekinesis that occurs normally with large amounts of concentration or in fits of anger, another is able to see above themselves in a ghostly projection of some sort (I can't put my tongue on it, but there's a name for it! :C), but thinks of it as dreams. Even someone who can read minds may think of themselves to have schizophrenia. I really enjoy the powers idea, and would love to see how they struggle with controlling them in large fits or even struggling to get the power to rise.

I'll try to add more tomorrow, since my curfew is coming. o u o

Hello hello

c:

Okay so uh

This was a concept I've had in mind for a while

"Abnormalities" vary in types, strength, and danger. They can be abnormal abilities or mutations

Like say someone who has an extra eye hidden under their bangs or not needing sleep

The color of the trim shows what type they are

The length of the necktie (black) shows you the strength (shortest being up to roughly where the heart is and the longest being up to the waist)

The symbol on the center of the necktie shows you the danger (♥ = -1 - usually a healer type, ♦ = 0 - neutral, ♠ = +1 mildly dangerous ♣ = +2 - dangerous )

They have normal lessons and their history classes are a bit different; the school was built in the hopes of being able to aid in training them, keeping their history known, and maintaining peace between the Strangers. After graduating, some go back to fairly normal lives, while others go on to accepting Stranger jobs, protecting the separation and peace of the Veil (the land of the supernatural and mythical)

It's said that Strangers are beings born of human and veiled parents, dating back to the beginnings of human kind. There was a time when the Veil and the human world didn't just overlap, but co-exist. Things were peaceful for a while until the humans started desiring power. Eventually, the creatures of the Veil were driven back and away until almost all memory of them fell away and became forgotten

Or something like that

Wanna add/edit anything? c:

Hey theree C:

I saw your location say Philippines, are you by chance Filipino/Filipina?

I adore you ideas so far, and I don't think I really have anything I would want to even change about them. I can see if we have multiple characters there would probably be one of each class of the neckties. Of course with their ranging lengths of neckties as well. I could see various labs, possibly some students getting overwhelmed by the pressure and such. Which would make a struggle for control for some charcters!

I suppose which the history in mind, we could make some conflicts. Such as evil Strangers disrupting the school, or possibly attacks from creatures of the Veil who managed to hide from civilization that the students would have to help against. There are many things we could make of this. o u o

YES

//clears throat

Yes, I am a Filipina c:

//gasps

Does this mean you are, too?

Yeah, conflicts should definitely be a thing. It was one of the things I struggled with when I first came up with the vaguest concept of it =u= I tried making it a comic when I was in the 5th grade, then 2 years later, I looked back at it and cringed

Now I'm hoping to sort of revitalize it

Now that I look at it, it could probably work as a group roleplay (y'know like maybe 3 or 4 people.. possibly more)

I'm not really too experienced with group roleplays though so =u=

The Veil was something dad came up with for his own story (though he hasn't gotten any of it on paper)

The Veil is called as such because The Mother cast a veil upon the earlier world where all the more mythical creatures came from (like Kapres and diwatas n stuff) It all really sounds a lot cooler when he tells it, though

GAsP.

ANOTHER FILIPINA ;; v ;;;

Yes, I am Filipina. Although, I live in USA, so I'm a bit more accustomed to western customs than Filipino customs.

Ohh, I remember when I roleplayed when I was 13. The bad plot devices, the weird hair colors, ohhh the memories. Some people hate looking back on it, but honestly, I think I loved most of my innocence that I shared roleplaying with those friends. How I miss themm ;v ;

It totally could work as a group roleplay, and if you choose to make it so, I wouldn't mind.

Although, I also do not have much experience with group roleplays. More or less, they tend to die off in the beginning. :c

Everything seems to remind me of the game Dragon Age? More or less the Veil kind of thing. There are creatures in it too, but its more set in a medieval standpoint. Its cool that you and your father share these ideas with each other. Is he by chance a writer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back