• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Leave Me Like This

He just nodded and frowned "Listen I'm waiting on a customer, I don't want them getting spooked with you being here.... But I'll see you around, tomorrow lunch yeah?" He told her, giving her a sheepish smile as he sat down at the table.

She frowned a little and shook her head, pecking his cheek before getting up and going to get his painkillers for him, also going to run a bath, finally getting back to him and handing him the pills "Here.... I know you're avoiding the meds but it's been like this for three days so please." She gestured down to the tablets again and handed them over while she pulled the covers back to take a look, frowning at all the bruising "Ivar. No going anywhere for you today, no working, nothing. You've been pushing yourself." She scolded him gently, kissing his cheek again and went to check on the bath

Max gave him a small teasing glare but nodded some "Alright Mister...but you better be in class tomorrow." She teased before getting up and grabbing her books "I'll see you around Eddie." She said happily before leaving towards the school.

Ivar took his medicine without argue and gave a sheepish look when she said he had been pushing himself. "I had to get things done..." he said quietly before getting up with her help and making his way to the bathroom "I'll need to call Hvitserk, ask him to take over my meeting today."

Carmen frowned and just shook her head "You told me you had a day off anyway today," She pointed out "Ivar you are going to be the death of me." She muttered, getting him settled into the bath and sighed quietly, "You won't be working while this baby is getting here." She told him seriously.

He smiled and bowed to her before watching her go, smiling to himself a little, sitting and waiting for the customer to show up

Ivar gave a small chuckle relaxing as soon as he got in the bath "It's a very small meeting." He said giving a small laugh. He crossed over his heart and kissed her side of her head "I'll make sure to be off."

Max went through the rest of her school day without an issue. She was in a surprisingly good mood, but once she got to her car and tried to leave her heart sank. It wasn't turning over and she had no idea what to do, she couldn't replace the battery if it was that and if it was worse she knew she was screwed.

she smiled and rolled her eyes a little. “Love of my life you will be the death of me do you know that?” She told him, “I’m gonna go get breakfast give me a shout when you’re done.” She murmured, going down to make some food.

Eddie was walking out of school and out to his van when he saw her at her car, making his way over and nudged her from behind. “You need a ride home?” He asked seeing her hood was up and she was looking confused.

Ivar gave a small chuckle and nodded softly "I will love." He said gently before letting her leave. It was about 45 minutes later that he called for her help once the water had run too cool for him. He chuckled softly seeing her face full of food as she came to him "You could have finished eating."

Max jumped out of her skin when she felt someone come up behind her and give a nudge "Shit!" She squeaked before turning and clutching at her chest "Jesus Eddie!" She said before taking deep breaths to calm down. She gave a small frown as he laughed but then repeated his question to her "Huh? No uh...no I'll be fine, I'm not going straight home. Just need to walk to the pay phone." She explained quickly not wanting to burden him or him press the subject further.

She shook her head and went to help him. “I just did you a cream cheese bagel. And then I ate said bagel. So I’ll do you another one. How are your legs now?” She asked him quietly, frowning a little as she helped him out and to their room so he could get changed.

He frowned and took a quick look inder the hood before turning back to her. “Your battery is dead.” He told her. “I can’t jump start it with my van but I got a friend who could with his car.” He told her. “But first off where do you need to go? I can take you.”

Ivar chuckled quietly and took her help to get out "They're better, but still a lot of pain." He said softly grabbing his towel as he leaned on her and tried to dry himself off "I don't deserve you, you know that?"

Max frowned shaking her head a bit "No Eddie you don't have to do that. I can call someone to get me." She protested but sighed when he just gave her a serious look "I uh....I need to go pick something up." She said as she looked at the ground.

She smiled and nodded "IYes, I am aware. Your father has told me every time I see him since we got married." She giggled, pecking his cheek, "Go get comfy downstairs alright? I'll be down there in a little while." She murmured, going to get some laundry set up to make things easier on their housekeeper, doing a little cleaning in their bathroom and then finally went down to sit with him.

He frowned and nodded towards his van "That's okay, I can help you pick it up. It's getting dark real early now I'm not gonna leave you out here on your own." He told her "You know if it's your kid I got space at the front, it's three seats." He told her smiling a little, not bothered over the fact she had a child at all

Ivar got himself downstairs smiling as she came down later, a bagel half stuffed in his mouth. "I went ahead and made me a bagel." He said though it came out all muffled because his mouth was half full.

Max looked at him in shock and gave a small nod "You...you don't mind?" She asked softly feeling her tears start to well up in her eyes when he told her no. She took a deep breath before throwing herself into him and hugging him tightly "I'm sorry I just.....thank you." She whimpered into his chest for once feeling accepted for her child and not like a slut.

He smiled and shrugged a little "It's alright, he's just a kid." He chuckled, taking her back to his van once she had her stuff "I'll call my friend once I get home and ask him to come by the school tomorrow to sort you out." He told her

She smiled and shook her head a little, "I can see that, I've called Hvitserk, he says to take it easy. Also said to remind you that there's a dinner at your father's tomorrow night." She told him.

Max gave a small nod and smiled going to get her things. She got Greyson's carseat set up in the middle seat of the van before getting herself situated. "Thank you, I can't thank you enough for this Eddie." She said sincerly.

Ivar groaned at the reminder and nodded "Right..." he muttered before kissing her cheek "Do we have to go?"

She nodded and smiled. “Yes. We missed the last two honey. It’s not nice for us to always miss out then you expect them to jump when we invite people over. It’s five and take.” She reminded him, turning the tv on for background noise.

He smiled and shook his head. “Don’t even worry about it. Where am I going?” He asked her as he got his van turned over.

Ivar grumbled but gave a small nod "Fine I'll go." He said giving her a small pout. He pulled her in close to him and placed his head near her stomach giving it kisses all over "When do you want to tell them?"

Max gave him the directions to her friend's house chatting with him on and off. As they arrived she gave him a small smile "Okay wait here, I won't be long." She said sweetly before getting out and going to the door. She smiled widely hearing her son's laughing from the other side of the door and knocked loudly so Abi could hear her.

She smiled tiredly as she ran her fingers through his hair. “Once we know we’re in the clear.” She told him quietly, “I’m trying to schedule my appointments on the same day as your physio ones so we don’t have to do too much back and forth.” She told him quietly, still geeling excited about what was to come for them.

Eddie sat in the front seat of his van making heart eyes at her the whole time, glad she couldn’t see him in the dark this far away but he was excited to finally have a chance to get to know her.

Ivar smiled happily and gave a small nod "Alright, I'll do my best to wait. Don't be surprised in Hvitserk finds out though." He teased gasping as she smacked the top of his head some "Ow!!"

Max came back after talking with Abi for a minute and smiled at Eddie. She opened the door and laughed lightly as Greyson hid his face "Oh now don't be shy, say Hi to Eddie." She said as she got into the van and started to buckle him up "Eddie, this is Greyson." She said softly watching him a bit to gauge his reaction.

Eddie smiled and waved at him, chuckling as Greyson got shy immediately "Oh I'm not as scary as I look little guy." He told him, "It's alright, probably takes a while to warm up to people." He chuckled quietly.

She rolled her eyes at him a little and just lay back, wanting to enjoy the first few months without any outside hassle.Unfortunately that wasn't going to be possible with her getting sick about two months in and staying that way all the way up to when she was five months. For any person it would be bad but for her, she could barely get out of bed and she knew that Ivar was getting increasingly worried about her, especially after last night when she'd woken up gasping for air more than once.

Max gave a small smile and nodded some "Yeah he does get a little shy." She said happily as she watched the little boy in awe "He's my everything though." She murmured before buckling herself up as well "So I live in the little trailer park on the outside of town."

Ivar had been awake most of night after she had woken up for a second time gasping for air. He was more than a little worried about her, they thought her heart was going to be fine, but it decided against that. He was scared to death of loosing her, and the baby as well. He didn't want it to come down to making that choice either, and that was looking more and more like a possibility as the months went on.

She smiled as she watched him come in to check on her from his study for the hundredth time. “Hey, Alice texted to say she should be here in fifteen minutes. You mind putting the kettle on so she can have some tea?” She asked him quietly. Her color was definitely worse today and she’d been on and off clammy for the past couple hours now, sighing a little as he rest his hand on her chest. “We’ll be okay. That’s why we hired Alice to come down and see me daily, she’ll tell you if we need the hospital but I wouldn’t be worrying unless she is” she reminded him tiredly. He’d been quiet and for her that was the biggest sign that something was troubling him.

He nodded and smiled some. “Oh yeah? Forest Hill’s? That’s perfect cause I live there too. Just me and my uncle.” He told her smiling again, driving more sensibly than normal with the baby in the front.

Ivar took another break from work yet again to go check on her in bed. He gave a soft smile as he came in and sta by her side placing his hand on her heart "I know....I just....I worry about you." He said quietly while watching her. He took a shaky breath feeling how irregular her heart beat was and gently took her hand in his "If I.....if I have to choose....I'm choosing you."

Max laughed lightly and nodded some "I live near the entrance...I hear you practicing your guitar sometimes. You can really play." She said happily as she kept her eyes on Greyson to make sure he was doing alright.

She just watched him for a minute before answering. “Pikachu…. I choose you.” She mumbled, smiling at him some as she took his hand. “We will be okay, promise.” She reached over with her free hand to hold his chin gently. “Your eyes are less blue than they’ve been all week. That’s a good sign.” She mused, still struggling to catch her breath and hearing the doorbell go, expecting Alice but not hearing her voice.

He smiled and shrugged a little, the head rising I. His cheeks. “Thanks. I have a band. We play at the hideout on Tuesdays. You should come one time if you can get a sitter.” He told her smiling, pulling into the trailer park and heading to the one she said was hers.

Max smiled widely at his offer and gave a small nod "If I can I will." She said sweetly before telling him which trailer was hers. She had probably one of if not the smallest trailer in the park, there was technically one room, but she would say it was more just a studio. She got Greyson out and smiled happily at Eddie "Well I'll see you tomorrow yeah? Have a good night!" She said before getting out and stopping some "Oh Eddie! Thank you again!" She called to him as he began pulling away from her trailer.

Ivar gave a soft chuckled and nodded softly "My pain has not been as bad today thankfully." He said quietly. He gave a small sigh as he heard the doorbell before getting up "That may be one of my brothers." He murmured before kissing her forehead gently "I'll be right back." He said quietly and grabbed his crutch to make his way downstairs.

He waved to her and smiled, driving down the last two minutes to his uncles trailer six doors down.

Ubbe was on the other side of the door with bags of groceries. “Morning. How is she doing?” He asked, taking the food into their kitchen to unpack it and put it away for them. “How are you holding up?” He asked him.

Max went on with her night and by the next morning she was up and early per usual getting Greyson ready for the day. She had completely forgotten about how she would get him to her co-worker's house this morning though.

Ivar opened the door and raised an eyebrow at Ubbe "She is.....she is fine." He said watching him.a bit before taking a deep breath as Ubbe gave him a look that meant he wasn't buying it. Ivar was never one to be forward with his emotions,only with Carmen, his mother, and sometimes Hvitserk. He gave a heavy sigh before he sat down shaking his head some "She gets weaker everyday....I have not seen her this bad in such a long time now. I am worried that the gods will take her soon.." he admits in a very quiet tone.

He frowned and watched him in silence. “She told torvi that she is worried about you.” He told him frowning. “She up for a visitor?” He asked him but he was already heading for the stairs anyway. “Is it because of the baby or a sad coincidence?” He asked him.

Eddie was waiting out front of her trailer in time for getting to school, knocking on her door and smiled as she opened it. “Hey… hoo ready to go?” He asked her and waved at the kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back