• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Leave Me Like This

Max sat in the familar cafeteria at Hawkins High givimg a heavy sigh. She was restarting her senior year and already she was regretting it. She had decided to actually get her degree rather than a GED last summer after she had her kid. Her parents had yanked her from school as soon as they found out about her pregnancy wanting to hide her from the town and protect their image. Now she was alone, the town had found out about her son even though she tried to hide and shield him from it all, but it was no use. Now, all she wanted was to get this degree and be able to give her son a good life.

Ivar sat at his office looking over orders from some of the company's big money accounts trying to make sure everything came in on time. While he wasn't head of the company, he was atleast happy in his stance at being the lead to oversee the big money orders. He smiled happily when he saw his wife's figure outside of his door calling for her to come in as she knocked "Hello my love, what brings you down?" He asked sweetly as he reached for her hand. He'd met her in the hospital when they were both children, her getting long term treatment for her heart condition, and him for his brittle bones. They'd now come a long way since then and their lives seemed to finally be falling into place.

She’d spent the whole drive over there giddy and excited. She had planned on waiting til he got home but she was too excited and impatient for this to wait, soon getting up to his office and going inside, taking him the little gift bag and setting it in front of him. “Open it. Now.” She smiled at him, opting to stand for now and watch him. They’d waited their time and they’d been patient but now it was all coming together and she couldn’t have been happier

Eddie was dragging his feet today, not paying much attention to anything after having been up the entire night writing the next campaign notes for their DnD sessions, making sure things were going to be detailed as possible. As soon as he walked into the lunch hall thought he perked up, looking around the room and seeing a familiar face sat at a table alone. He knew all about her story and even if they had never run in the same circles before, he had always known who she was. He’d had a crush on her since middle school but as he’d claimed the previous day, this was gonna be his year so he made his way over carefully.

Ivar chuckled quietly at how cute she was being with how giddy she was. "Whats this?" He asked as he started to open the present. He smiled some seeing little baby booties raising an eyebrow "Well these are cute, but darling who are they for?" He asked as he continued going through the bag going wide eyed when he saw the sticks with pink plus signs. He looked up at her with his blue eyes blown in shock "Wait.....are these....are you?" He asked feeling tears start to well up in his eyes.

Max frowned softly as she felt a presense infront of her. She glanced up surprised to see Eddie 'The Freak' Munson sitting infront of her. She'd known Eddie since middle school, they'd had very few conversations but she couldn't deny that she always thought he was one of the best looking guys in school. She raised an eyebrow as he gave her his big cheeky smile "Not to be rude to you Eddie....but why are you sitting over here? Don't you have your table?"

She smiled as she bounced on her feet a little while she waited until he got it and quickly nodded. “We did it… we’re having a baby.” She told him excitedly, moving to sit on his lap carefully, giggling at how excited he was. “I couldn’t wait til you got home so I brought the news here.” She told him happily.

He watched her as he chucked a few pretzels in his mouth, “I do. I do indeed but that table has a few people sitting on it and this only had one…. I thought I’d come give you some company. Can’t stand seeing people on their own looking sad…. That and you’re a repeat just like me.” He told her smiling still.

Ivar smiled widely and held her to him letting a few tears fall freely "We did it." He whispered happily. He wasn't one to show emotions other than anger, but the stuggles they had been through to concieve he couldn't hold it back. He kept close and kissed all over her face happily "I love you so much." He murmured happily.

Max gave a small laugh at him, he was always a dramatic guy. She watched him a bit and nodded "I'm not sad, just lost in thought. Plus what does me being a repeat have to do with anything?" She questioned before reaching over and snatching a pretzel from him. She popped it into her mouth and smirked some seeing his shocked face "Heard this is your third try, you gonna make it this year?"

He smiled and nodded. “Means we’re the only two in the school… course I’m gonna make it. ‘86 is my year I can feel it.” He grinned. “Get my diploma, get a girl, get the band going, set for life man.” He chuckled. He wasn’t going to bring up her kid. He figured it would only get her back up and that was the last thing he wanted. He wasn’t judging her one bit, he just wanted to make sure no one gave her hell and if he took her under his wing then they would leave her alone.

She smiled and kissed him back. “Mmm I love you too handsome. You wanna go get dinner when you’re finished? I don’t fancy cooking and this is something to celebrate.l she murmured.

Max gave another small laugh and nodded some "You sure do have a plan set. Thats good though, better to have a goal than to not." She said but frowned when she heard some people come by calling her a slut. She took a deep breath and shook her head a bit trying to ignore their words.

Ivar smiled widely and gave a happy nod "Yeah let me get a few things finish. Shouldn't take me more than 20 minutes." He said while she got off his lap and made her way to sit across from him "Have you called the doctor yet to get an appointment set up?"

She nodded and smiled. “That’s where I went this morning…. I didn’t want to tell you until I got full confirmation. Didn’t want to get our hopes up.” She told him, running a hand through her hair. “Hows everything going here at the minute?” She asked him, taking her coat off for now

Eddie frowned and watched them walk off. “You know… if you wanted to… you could come join my table. People would leave you alone more. They’re a little scared to mess with us. I might put a curse on them.” He winked at her, chucking more pretzels in his mouth, resting his other hand on his lunch box

Ivar nodded happily as he looked over his screen "Fine for now....Sigurd is pissing me off. We almost lost a big job because of his dumbass sales pitches." He muttered before shaking his head a bit "But whats new from that right?"

Max gave a small laugh not even noticing how her face had flushed a light pink color "Oh I couldn't do that...I don't want to intrude on your friend group." She said softly but gasped as he grabbed her hand and insisted while taking her over.

He smiled and dragged her over there anyway. “They’ll be fine. Probably be too scared to talk to you anyway.” He chuckled. “Gentlemen, we have a wonderful fair maiden joining us at least for today but hopefully from now on.” He smiled at her.

She smiled and shook her head, just leaning back in the chair and messing around on her phone while she waited.

Max laughed lightly and smiled at the guys giving a small wave. She sat by Eddie as they took seats but looked down when they all just continued to stare at her in shock. She looked over though and smiled as Dustin started to introduce himself "Its nice to meet you Dustin."

Ivar finished up and soon grabbed his crutches "What would you like to eat love? Italian? Asian?" He asked as he got himself situated "I can't a wait to get the upgrade of these things finally." He murmured softly

She smiled a little and took his bag, “I’ve sent Sven home so I’ll drive us. I’m thinking Korean bbq. I want those rice cake things.” She told him happily. “The guy on the phone with customer service said they should arrive in the next couple days.” She grabbed the door on their way out of his office and began heading to the elevator.

Eddie smiled, barely taking his eyes off her like she was a shiny new toy for a while until the others began discussing their next session. “Well as long as no one ditches again.” He muttered, throwing one of his pretzels at Lucas with a glare.

Ivar nodded and gave a small smile as he walked slowly with her to the elevators "I'll need the weighted blanket tonight, they've been pretty bad today." He murmured softly to her as they walked. He was thankful in so many ways for her, but the way that she help and understood his illness and daily pain was a blessing from the gods to him.

Max listened to them all and raised an eyebrow at their mentions of their story. It was interesting to say the least "What are you guys talking about?" She asked Eddie nicely but gave a small frown as Patrick piped in with a quick "Dungeons and Dragons."

She frowned but nodded, going slow for him out to the car, getting in once he was sorted and finally started driving to go get dinner. “I thought tomorrow we could go down to the flower show in town. Get some ideas for the garden.” She suggested. They’d moved into their forever home only a few months ago and there was tons that needed changing but they were working on it bit by bit.

Eddie frowned before turning to max. “I organise these ruffians once a week to run a campaign. We’re on our third one.” He told her proudly

Ivar gave a small nod and shrugged some "Depends on how my legs are, but we can get whatever you want alright?" He murmured as they got to the car and he carefully got inside "I love you babe."

Max gave a small nod and smiled at how proud he was "Well that sounds like you guys have a lot of fun." She said sweetly as she watched Eddie's light up with happieness.

She nodded and smiled. “I know honey but if you’re feeling up to it we can go.” She murmured, taking his hand while she drove “Love you too…. Ivar were having a baby.” She giggled

He nodded and grinned at her. “You should come along some time. We run every Friday night. They let us use the drama room.” He told her happily.

Ivar smiled widely at her and gave her hand a gentle squeeze "Yes we are." He said happily as he just watched her. "They're going to keep a close eye on your right? Make sure your heart is okay?" He asked in a concerned voice, his mind just running over everything at that point.

Max gave a small smile and nodded some "Yeah, if I can get some time off work I'll try to come by." She said softly to him. Friday's were normally the nights she worked double shifts with Greyson in toe.

She nodded and smiled. “Yeah we’re gonna be just fine though.” She promised, parking at the restaurant and getting out with him

He nodded happily, sitting back and listening to everyone until the bell rang and he got up, grabbing his lunch box and smiling at max. “I’ll see you later.” He told her with a grin before heading out to sneak out the back way and into the woods behind the school

Max sat with the boys feeling happy at that school for the first time in what felt like forever. She got up to leave when the bell rang smiling some at Eddie and giving a nod "See you later Ed." she said before walking off. She frowned though as she noticed him go towards the back doors and soon followed him, knowing that missing one english class wouldn't kill her grade, especially since it was her best class. She followed him out giggling quietly to herself as she watched him act like a goof ball all alone "Shouldn't you be in class Mr. Munson?!" she called to him laughing even harder when he jumped out of his skin.

Ivar nodded some and smiled happily at her. They made it through dinner without a problem and soon started their journey home, however, Ivar was starting to get in more pain as their ride progressed. It worried him to think about his pain, but also how Carmen would be feeling these next few months as well. He wanted to be able to help her in any way possible, but with his medical problems as well, it was going to prove difficult.

By the time they got home she was worn out from the excitement of the day and helped Ivar inside, opting for them to stay in their downstairs room for tonight knowing he would t be making it up the stairs, eventually ending up in bed with him, curled in close and tracing patterns on his chest. “I love you.” She hummed quietly

He was waiting impatiently for a customer and jumped when he heard the voice having not heard footsteps. “Jesus Christ don’t kill me like that! What are you doing out here?” He asked her frowning, a little worried that she would get caught up in anything he was currently doing.

Ivar held her close to him relaxing under her touch on his bare skin "Mmm I love you too." he hummed as he ran his fingers through her hair. "I want to get you a helper if it is needed when you are further along. As much as I would love to do absolutely everything for you....it just can't be completely possible with my legs." he said quietly and frowned deeply feeling as though he was a failure of a partner.

Max laughed lightly and shrugged before she sat across from him at the old picnic table "Saw that you were ditching, Mr. '86 is my year. You're not gonna make it that if you ditch all the time." she teased as she watched him "So what do you have in that lunch box? I've heard multiple rumors and theories. My favorite is a human hear that you stole from the morgue." she said with another small laugh.

She frowned and watched him, “Ivar, I don’t expect you to… I never would. In fact it might be smart to get a nanny once they’re born to help us out…. But we will cross that bridge once we reach it.” She murmured, moving to be a little closer and finally drifting off with her head next to his shoulder.

Eddie chuckled a little and shook his head "No... Nothing like that.... I just don't expect my uncle to pay for everything with his money.... He didn't choose to have me and it's a burden on him me living there and I make a little money on the side but nowhere will hire me.... Drugs. It's drugs." He finally admittede afrter seeing the bewilderment on her face

Ivar gave a small nod and smiled softly "Okay beautiful." He whispered before he started to fall asleep with her. He woke up the next morning groaning quietly as he felt a very familiar ache in his legs. He tried to move but yelped when a sharp pain went straight through him. He frowned deeply seeing Carmen start to stir next to him "Sorry....didn't mean to wake you." He whispered

Max looked at him in bewilderment was he explained everything to her. She hadn't expected that from him, even though she was against drugs, his reasoning behind them made her look at him a bit differently. He wasn't just a goof ball, but was also responsible and caring about others. She gave him a small nod "I see....well drugs are definitely not what I expected, but hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I understand that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back