• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Don't Call This Love...

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Daxter Wicken (Dax)
17 - Sound manipulation - Tags: Pumpkid Pumpkid

Dax’s heart pounded in his chest as the man charged forward. Small specks of light leapt off of him and his power was fire. He could set things on fire.
Goodbye world.

Golden flames sprouted out of his mouth, spraying into a ring around him. He was trapped. Great. Perfect. Dax always wanted to go out like a crispy piece of bacon.
He watched as the flames parted like water, allowing the midnight haired man through. Shrinking into himself, he prepared to burn, all too aware of the acrid sting of smoke in his throat.
And then he said the last thing Dax expected him- no, anyone to say. “Don’t be afraid.”
Two seconds ago, he was completely sure that this guy would kill him without batting an eye, but he say that his entire demeanor had changed. Less tense, less prepared to bring hell down upon him, and more... pity?
“Is this really the best you can do when fighting? If so, you won’t last a day here.“
So they fought a lot here. And it was required for survival. Quite reassuring.
“How badly do you want to live?”
What a question! You didn’t stay alive on the streets if you didn’t want to live. He would’ve died within a week if he hadn’t taken his life into his hands and run with it. Just like he did with all of his problems.

The man extended his hand. Dax flinched, half expecting a blow to the head, but when the man said, “If so, I can help. If you’re willing?” and he realized that he wanted to shake hands.
Was this a trick? The guy didn’t need to use any tricks, Dax was about as good at fighting as he was at singing, and Daniel clearly had a lot of expierience with using his powers. He could kill him in an instant if he wanted to...
What did he have to lose anyway?
Gulping nervously, Dax warily extended his hand into Daniels, peeling himself off of the wall as he did so.

Last edited:
Daniel Grimes
(Location: Facility-Training room-Battlefield/ Mentioned: N/A/ Tagged: T Tinytiger28 )

Daxter may not have noticed it, but there was a brief sigh of relief as his body eased knowing he had agreed to take his offer. Quickly he returns to his stern expression. "Alright then." He started. "First thing's first. You're going to have to listen to what I say. None of us have a choice but to be those person's dog. The only out of this fight is for one of us to drop dead or be knocked out. In this case the latter is optional right?" He smirked knowing the first choice would freak Dax out. "When you wake up you'll probably be in your assigned room and maybe a few burns to make it look realistic." He warned.

Daxter Wicken (Dax)

Dax blinked. Die or get some burns. Okay. Totally not terrifying.
He gulped.
Dax never had much experience with fire, he just knew it was bad. It swept across drought stricken villages, decimating everything in it’s path, belching dark clouds into the sky. He had only seen fire once or twice before this, only on occasion when he was able to spot the flickers of flame from those who could gather enough wood, and were willing to risk the village burning down for some extra heat.
Needless to say no one really liked these people.
But... bad idea or not, Daniel knew this place better than him.
Dax gave a reluctant nod.

Daniel Grimes
(Location: Facility-Training room-Battlefield/ Mentions: N/A/ Tagged: T Tinytiger28 )

On agreement, Daniel tilts his head back enough force to knock Daxter out with a headbutt to his face. Once his body grows limp, burns marks are added to the boy's pale skin in random spots from his arms' legs to his torso. Satisfied, the flaming vortex disperses with the snap of his fingers to reveal to everybody he's won. His demenor returned to normal as he drops Dax onto the floor like nothing. Dan sat against the wall beside Daxter's unconcious body waiting for wleveryone to finish. Daniel never imagined he would be helping someone one day. Though he told himself "it's no big deal. It's only because he hates seeing weaklings in their lowest form such as this one, being Daxter". He ccould never admit the truth if he wished to stay alive as well. There was no way in hell he's going to fall like everyone in this room. Daniel steals a glance over to the teen curious to what he sensed when he was panicked. Perhaps a memory of long ago when he too sat in a similar position at a very young age given no time to process, no mercy. A near death experience which lead him to snap to the fruition of living in this world. His first kill created by his own rage and a boy afraid to die. He would spare anyone of that upsetting feeling yet it seemed if was too late for Adrian having already done what he needed to. All of this is sickening and it felt as if matters are only getting worse. Just what is it Milo has planned?

Hitomi lost her footing in an instant. She'd made full use of the element of surprise, but striking first had given her opponent a chance to react splendidly. Adding to the strangeness of the events, it really didn't seem like she'd been grabbed at all. Clearly Lena was capable of using her powers in more ways than she cared to divulge. Hitomi scrambled backwards before leaping to her feet again. At this point, distance was a must. She couldn't help but chide herself a little. She wanted to know how Lena would train and now the answer was becoming very clear. She darted forward once again, this time with a kick.

Felis Felis

Rowan Summers
Facility Training Room
Affected Rp'ers: Yushin Yushin (and anyone else who feels like overhearing)

Rowan turned toward where two other pairs were fighting. Neither seemed to be at the same level of emotion as the first fight, but he supposed such a level was an abnormality anyway. He pointed over to where Dax and Daniel were fighting.

"The only person here I recognize is him, and that's only because we came in together. He won't, or can't, talk so I don't even know his name. Once they're done let's take their spot and get started." Rowan said, his eyes following Dax as he was seemingly beaten around by his opponent.

Kkachi Corvidae
(19/Misfortune/Tages: Morzone Morzone )
A feeling of curiosity washed over Kkachi, as he watched fire and waves dance through the room. He tilted his head at Rowan.

"Mind I ask you about your power? I don't believe I've been acquainted with your abilities yet."

Rowan Summers
Facility training room
Affected Rp'ers: Yushin Yushin

Rowan titled his head back at Kkachi and gave him an annoyed look. "How are you going to ask me that right before we spare, really? You're going to take the fun out of it. I'll give you a proper explanation later."

Looking back at the fights at hand he added, "Besides, we've told each other enough as it is."

Kkachi Corvidae

Was it arrogance in his voice? This guy was confident in himself, Kkachi understood that much. His pride seriously ticked him off, but Kkachi knew he had to control his rage unless his own ability did anything rash. He knew Rowan was annoyed, He could use this.

Allowing a smile to appear on his face, Kkachi had an idea. An awful idea. Kkachi had a wonderful, awful idea.

"So. You seem to want to see the outside world pretty badly. Got a girl at home? Someone waiting up for you?"

Rowan Summers
Facility training room
Affected Rp'ers: Yushin Yushin

Rowan couldn't help but laugh. After a moment he turned back toward Kkachi with a smile. "You've got to be kidding, you think any girl would be interested in this guy? I'm way to selfish for that. You are right though, I'd love to see what's out there. Not just the city mind you, but what's beyond the border. Infinite possibilities lie beyond that forest, and one day I'm going to find out. Heh, who knows, maybe there is a girl waiting out there. That'd be a pretty sucky life though, always waiting for someone else."

Daxter Wicken (Dax)

Dax barely had time to blink before Daniel angled his head back and rammed it into his own. Instantlym the world went back, and he flopped ungracefully to the floor.

Getting knocked out wasn’t an uncommon occurance back ‘home’. Dax had his fair share of knockouts while darting through shaded alleyways, snatches scraps of food, and licking the crumbs off of whatever he could get his hands on. Small kids were always easy to pick on, especially young small kids, and none of the older ones had any problem stealing from them. After all, they were all starving, and it wasn’t their fault that seven year olds can’t fight back. Might as well take advantage of the situation while they could. He never questioned if the older kids deserved whatever they demanded, survival of the fittest, after all.
He only fought back once, many years ago.

Everything was blurry, in the way that dreams often are. Everything was ever so slightly off if he payed too much attention to it. People walked throughout the crowded street, but he couldn’t see any of their faces. Somewhere, subconsciously, his mind said ‘adults’. Adults rarely payed attention to the smaller orphans ducking throughout the alleyways unless they thought they were going to steal something, and even then, most young thieves were about as stealthy as the stray dogs that they had to occasionally chase from their stalls. In fact, it was one of those dogs that provided enough distraction for Dax to get away with his prize, half a loaf of bread, a feast. Normally he wouldn’t be nearly as daring as to walk straight up to a vendor, but he hadn’t eaten in two weeks, and desperate times called for desperate measures. He slipped away as quickly as he had come, darting into one of the many alleyways that dotted the Outskirts.
It was then that two shapes shorter than the adults came into view, though, they still hulked over him. He twitched in his unconsciousness, curling inward slightly. Dax couldn’t tell what exactly they were saying in his dreaming state, but his mind ticked off the meaning as bad. The first snatched his food right out of his hands, and Dax’s stomach growled in protest. He could feel their snickers at his appalled face. And, as they turned to leave, desperation hit again, and he grabbed the first rock he saw, chucking it at the boy on the left.
He didn’t remember much after that.
He woke up later in the same alleyway, aching all over, covered with black and blue. But the bruises weren’t what terrified him. Dax couldn’t move his arm. Every time he tried, a bolt of pain shot up it, so strong that he felt tears well up in his eyes. It was broken.
Four long months passed of near starvation as he recovered, unable to steal, or climb. There was always someone stronger. Bigger. Faster. In the end, if he just gave them what they wanted, he, for the most part, would escape with only a few bruises. Better to be hungry than seriously injured. Injury was a death sentence, and he had only survived because of luck. He wouldn’t be so fortunate a second time.

In the waking world, Dax had balled up completely, almost defensively. He twitched every once in a while, but stayed otherwise silent and still, his face blank.

Kkachi Corvidae

Kkachi smiled. He had a plan. It was crazy, stupid, and absolutely asinine, but it just might work. He lowered his voice and signaled for Rowan to do the same.

"What do you say we bust outta here? Some good ol' Shawshank Redemption, Red and Andy style".

Lena Daubney
18 | Air Density Manipulation | Facility: Training Room

This was going to take longer than she had anticipated, Lena realized when Hitomi got back on her feet far quicker than she had expected. She felt a strange mix of excitement and worry at this - on the one hand, there was something challenging and even fun about an even match-up, but on the other hand, if they took too long, they'd attract the wrong kind of attention. Theirs weren't any particularly flashy powers, so the more time they spent trading ineffective blows and the like, the more likely it was they'd get Benjamin punished for "not giving their all".

But right now, she had to focus on what was directly before her. Hitomi charged towards her again, and Lena noticed the movement of her foot just in time to be able to deflect the brunt of the impact by twisting sidewards. She made a soft tsk - if she had just been able to catch Hitomi's foot, that would have been helpful. Instead, Lena felt forced to dismiss her earlier plan - pinning Hitomi down wouldn't work that easily, especially as Lena didn't dare precede her throws with a quick punch to stun her opponent and have the effect placed on herself instead. But maybe she could literally force Hitomi into a corner.

Lena took a step back, then threw herself forward with all her strength, trying to shove Hitomi towards the nearest wall. It was probably the only time this would work, because as soon as Lena lost the element of surprise in this, she would neither have enough weight or strength to push someone of a similar size to her own any reasonable distance - not to mention she put herself at a risk of falling if she was sidestepped.

Interactions: Benthelame Benthelame

Rowan Summers
Facility training room
Affected Rp'ers: Yushin Yushin T Tinytiger28 Pumpkid Pumpkid

Rowan's smile faded as he considered both the question and the person before him. He didn't say anything, not immediately anyway. Looking back toward the fights, he stared down as Dax was knocked out. It was true after watching the first fight he had considerably less desire to be in this place. In truth he'd been getting bad vibes ever since entering with the guards. Logically he shouldn't stay where the conditions were this bad and the risks this high. Judging by the way the young general had spoken, this place would probably give him a lot of chances to satisfy his curiosity for knowledge. But he'd most likely have to become the governments puppet lap dog in order to be allowed those chances. Would he be able to reach those opportunities while still retaining his independence? Maybe. He wouldn't rule it as impossible, but the odds would definitely be against him. Staying for a long duration would be a risky gamble. But then again, if he broke out of here there was a good chance he'd be branded as an escaped prisoner, someone to be watched for, searched and hunted down for the supposed safety of the people. The entire population could become his enemy. His chances at one-man survival against that would be just as hard as maintaining his independence in this facility. A tough choice...

And then there was Kkachi. Who was he really? He'd only met Rowan mere minutes ago, and now he was proposing a partnership in an extremely dangerous endeavor. Sure Rowan knew his own appearance didn't make him seem like the kind of guy who'd tell on Kkachi, but it was still a pretty big gamble. How long had he been in this facility? He'd have to either have been here a long time and truly wanted out or be new enough to have a brazen optimism toward escape. Rowan's initial thought was that it was the second, but he couldn't assume it to be true. 'He could just as easily be thinking along the same lines and assume my status as a new detainee would make me less wary of the facility's ability. That would make me the most likely to accept a dangerous idea. Especially if he's been around long enough to know which of the others would or wouldn't be interested. I suppose my attitude would have boosted that conception. I guess both are just as possible in the end.'

"I'll think about it during the fight." He muttered back. At a normal tone he continued, "Looks like my arrival buddy is down for the count. Let's go." Rowan headed over to where Dax and Daniel had been fighting. Once close enough he spoke out to the two of them, though he wasn't sure whether Dax could understand him or not. He'd curled up into a ball but his face was so blank...

"That was a pretty neat fight. You really did a number on my arrival buddy here. I'm kind of surprised to be honest. I mean, he didn't seem strong or a fighter really, but it was almost like he'd given up for some reason. Anyway, sorry to rush you guys off your spot, I'm just itching to get started myself."

Kkachi Corvidae

"I'll think about it", he had said. It was a roll of the dice, but luck was Kkachi's thing... Okay so maybe it was specifically BAD luck that was "his thing" but it was still a chance. A chance to escape. Kkachi planned to use this fight to examine Rowan's extent of his abilities. He held himself with pride, so he must have unlocked his abilities at a young age. He seemed eager to get into the ring, too, so he must have full confidence in his power, even against someone he's never met until 3 minutes ago.

"Itching to get started?" Kkachi remarked with a snide grin, "What is this, the 2020's?"

Timing was Hitomi's enemy. It was a fact she'd been made to realize over and over again. Today, things were no different. It was only fitting that if Lena's plan didn't work the first time she'd implement it another way. Resourcefulness was something that Hitomi had yet to master, but Lena's attack was a fitting and potent lesson. Colliding, with the nearest wall, she became unable to deny a single and evident truth: Lena had won.

Felis Felis

Lena Daubney
18 | Air Density Manipulation | Facility: Training Room

Lena was actually surprised her idea had worked out this well, so when she smashed into the wall with Hitomi, the impact drove a good part of the air out of her own chest, too. She scrambled to regain her composure and leaned forward again to pin the other girl's arms against the wall.

Now I should have at least a second to think of what to do next, Lena judged, then realized Hitomi hadn't made a move to free herself again, and her eyes were closed. Had she hit her head hard enough to pass out or was Lena just supposed to think that? But maybe... they could use these circumstances to their shared advantage. Lena didn't dare turn her head away to see whether Milo was paying them any heed, so instead she bent over as though through extra effort to keep her opponent in place.

"Unless you want to keep going until one of us is really hurt, do what I say now," she whispered urgently and with a note of command. "First, don't move. I'm going to let you go on the count of three, and you pretend you're unconscious. Slump forward if you can so you fall into me."

It was somewhat of a gamble - if Hitomi was in fact awake and used the opening Lena would give her, Lena would probably take a nasty blow to the head herself. What's more, if Hitomi told on her, Benjamin would be the one to feel the consequences - though Lena would pay her back for such underhanded behaviour, Pain Transfer or not. Still, she trusted that the prospect of a mutual benefit was as effective here as anywhere else. After all, who fights for fun?

Lena breathed in deeply to mentally prepare herself for the possibility of things going very south very soon. "One," she hissed, shaking Hitomi a little as if to see whether she was conscious, "Two... Three!"

She shook her head with all the casual disappointment over a "too easy fight" she could muster when her heart was in fact racing, but a little acting would go far here. Then Lena released the grip on Hitomi's arms and took a step away from her. Whatever happened would happen.

Interactions: Benthelame Benthelame

[11]
Benjamin "Benji" Tyler Klein
{ Twenty-One / Blood Manipulator / Tagged: Elm Elm WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell }
The sound of people fighting echoed in his ears like a dissonant symphony that would forever haunt his dreams. Despite his insides will contracting and twisting violently from the shock, Benji pulled his head up to view the massacre the violence was causing. Pup and the sweet girl Serenity were fighting- their battle catching his attention due to the number of tears shed between the two of them. Hitomi and Lena were in the thick of things and as his attention shifted to the others, his mind cried weakly to stop all of this. Pass out. Be done. He let his head drop back to the hard floor in acceptance. His throat burned and begged for the sweet chill of water or any liquid. The hand that was once soothing his back was gone as Doctor Les moved to talk to the general in hush whispers. He closed his eyes and allowed his body to slowly sink... Then he heard the shrill shriek of a woman exclaiming the word 'no'. His head jerked up and eyes flew open at the sight of the Pup and Ren's fight coming to its final crescendo. The general's happiness was evident on his nodding face. This is what he wanted- enemies to form, distrust to sink into their mind, and fear of each other and themselves. Benji went to stand on his shaking legs only to collapse back onto the floor to his knees. Gritting his teeth, he slammed his fist down on the floor with pure anger and frustration pouring out of him. In his mind, the boy heard the familiar voice of Neil urging him to breathe with his dumb smile on his face. What would Neil do in this instance? Again, Benji stood on shaking legs but he didn't fall this time. He moved passed the General and Dr. Les who urged him to sit down. He ignored her. The smug voice of the general entered his ears, "I knew you were strong. Are you watching your future team fight?" What would Neil do? Fuck it, he wasn't Neil. He glared at the asshole and flipped him off with some satisfaction of his own as he moved to where the two kiddos were slumped against the wall. The general didn't shock him again- surprisingly. Who cared anymore? He hovered over the two like a scowling, glowering mess of a man. He wasn't Neil- he was Benji. He had to do things in his own way. He crouched down- which caused him to grimace at the sudden pain. Pushing past that stuff was his specialty. He picked up the small Sheep's hand with a tenderness he didn't know he could muster. Ren looked more shocked than he would have liked. Was he truly such a scary man. "Listen here, Sheep. I don't care what anyone says- you did a great job out there." He didn't look into her eyes as he tore his shirt sleeve for a makeshift wrap for her bruising, small hand. "The nurses want to look at you- but I will keep them away for now. Take your time and I will watch your back." He ripped off the excess shirt from his tight wrap with his teeth and finally, his heated, golden gaze met her own. There was a warmth there- a moment shared between two people who just wanted to be okay. The pup wasn't even looking his way. He sighed as his attention moved to him. He left the hand he held gently fall back onto Ren's lap as he jerked Adrian's chin up to meet his gaze. As he suspected, his gaze was void of emotions except for pain. "Oh Pup," he sighed roughly at a lose for words. He wasn't a good comforter- clearly. Going off instinct, he pulled the Pup's head to his chest. "It can't be helped, can it?" he asked rhetorically as he pondered how he ended up in this situation and not someone like Neil. But Sheep was not okay. The pup was not okay. Everyone else was fighting and giving it their best. He had to do what he could. "Just let it out. It is okay- no one can see but me. You didn't want to hurt Sheep- she knows. She is your friend and she needs to know you're okay too. This place is going to have to try harder than that to break us. Now, hurry up and smile again- okay?"

Emmaline Leigh Fisher
{ Seventeen / Empathic Healing / Tagged: Chachalotte Chachalotte }
Emmaline reluctantly took the fruit back despite her urge to shove it into his mouth. The man in front of her could have used it but he had a point- she needed it too. She pressed the top and bottom with her fingertips and pulled the fruit in half after moments of struggle. She handed him half and took a bite of the other. She preferred to keep things fair- as fair as she could under these circumstances. She shook her head slowly, wanting to convey her feelings about loneliness to him. She felt it like a hot knife through her heart and yet- she has convinced herself that on some level- she deserved it. Hearing him say that he was also lonely was hard. But how could she solve that? She was only good at healing physical pain. "I like your name, Veneth. It isn't very common." She admitted with a shy smile before answering his other question. She pondered it for a moment- the two of them lost in their own little world. She tapped a finger to her chin as the shadows watching for a near distance started to descend on their location. "I am a healer by trade. I was taught some basics with a gentleman who took me in. He was very good and really cared about people. I guess I do too. I try my best doing whatever I can." She didn't mention her powers despite her trust in the man before her. She couldn't stab him as she had to with her best friend. She went to take another bit from her half apple when a large male grabbed her from behind. His thick, black beard brushed against the back of her head and her cap fell to the ground without a delay. He pulled the hair tightly at her scalp causing her to wince in pain. He jerked her forwards as three other men came from their hiding spot with knives in tow. "I told you this bitch was the one on the paper!" He left out a hardy laugh before grabbing her slender throat with a large hand. He choked her with one hand and produced a knife with the other. "You, man! Get away from here for else. The reward money is ours." He aimed the sharp tip at Veneth to show he meant business. "No!" She desperately gasped but it came out as a barely audible guggle against the man's hand. One of the other guys spoke up with a hiss, "don't kill her, Ray. We need her alive for the money." The bigger man scoffed, "I will just make her pass out is all. It will be easier to haul her in." Emma attempted to fight hand hands that restrained her with desperate swipes of her hands to no avail. The apple fell forgotten on the ground as she croaked out to Veneth, "Run."

Neil Oliver Criswell
{ Nineteen / Probability Manipulator / Tagged: sprouhtt sprouhtt Chachalotte Chachalotte }
Neil shook his head with his naturally wide smile still on his face. "No worries, Yumi. I was kidding for the most part. I just need you to be your natural, ass-kicking self and I will take care of the rest. I won't let you kill anyone- okay?" He eyed her with a side glance to gauge her reaction. He really didn't like the thought of anyone dying. He knew Ayumi had a hard time understanding why but that was one of the things that made him feel human. A normal human. He was far from that in many ways but to lose touch with reality was to lose touch with the reason he lived. To help these people like him and the others who are suffering just as much. He may seem like a chill, laid-back sort of man but he was determined in his own right. "Things aren't going to get much easier from here, Yu. I know you have stayed by my side for all this time... but I can't ask you to always be there when times get tough. You got it rough back there in that damned place. It wasn't right. You haven't even gotten a chance to live your life and be human." In a rare moment of seriousness, Neil's voice took on a sober tone. It wasn't like he could predict the future- but as someone who manipulates probabilities- he knew there were only a few ways this mission he had was going to end. The majority of them was him cold in the ground. Was he afraid? Maybe if he were more human, had more to grasp onto in this life- he would be frightened. But he knew the end and he still pressed forward without thinking too deeply about consequences. He reached his hand over to touch Ayumi's slender shoulder but stopped halfway and let his arm drop back to his side. He wanted her to feel more human but he wasn't going to push her. Not her- the one he owed so much to. He forced a smile. "I know my charms and good looks are keeping you here- but is it really worth the hassle?" He chuckled softly as he intentionally slowed his steps. They were in some pretty bad parts of the city now. He whistled softly and gestured a few yards in front of them. "Looks like we found our people. And they are in trouble, imagine that. Remember- no killing," With a childish glee, he stuck his tongue out at the stoic woman at his side and slowly strolled into the middle of the knife fight. He didn't think using his powers, in this case, was necessary. Not when he needed it for a more crucial matter. Believe it or not, manipulating probability was much harder than it looked. He lifted his hands up to demonstrate he meant no harm. "Alright now, let's take a deep breath. Loosen up your grip on that girl's throat and let's talk it out. We are all the same you know, we are fighting a desperate battle for food and protection. Hurting each other is not going to help. If we all work together-" Before he could finish, one of the brutes yelled out and interrupted he beautiful speech. "This bloody idiot is trying to make off with the reward money!" Before he could say anything, a guy tossed his knife carelessly at the strawberry. Except- his aim was as terrible as his breath- Neil suspected. It flew towards Yumi with a soaring grace of dumb luck. He reached out to grab it- and he did... but the pointy side. Damn, that hurt. He hissed and pulled his hand to his chest before jerking his head up to Ayumi and what he suspected was a death glare. "Look, before you go off and deem me a hero- the knife was meant for me anyway! You should be glad I took responsibility for it. Yumi, stop looking at me like that. You are frightening me and my new friend Knifey." He patted the handle of the serrated blade with mock affection. "Seriously, I am fine. Only a scratch really... Fine! But don't kill them. They are just hunger and misguided idiots." He leaned in to whisper loudly towards her, "but if you want to hit the one who threw this a little harder than the others- I wouldn't mind."

Adrian Weiss
Location: Training Room / Tagged: P pushed WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
For a while the sound of the others fighting had drowned out into silence as Adrian began to block it all out. He didn't want to hear anymore of this, but he couldn't leave -so he internalized it all. Besides the pain, he felt cold and numb to the core. This shouldn't even be affecting him this much -he didn't know over half the people in this room! However, regardless if he knew them or not, seeing people forced to fight one another and be hurt just to appease this sadistic general both pissed him off and hurt his heart. Suddenly Adrian was taken out of the safety of his curled up position only to find himself being forced to look up at Benji. At first he didn't seem to register anything but "Pup". What was he doing? Why was he even up and moving? He should be resting, right? It was only after he was pulled into what he could assume was a hug that a small bit of light trickled back into his eyes. Everything still hurt, but he still had people that cared about him -that were worried about him. He couldn't afford to internalize everything and push everyone away, especially with everything going on. 'This place is going to have to try harder than that to break us'. Benji was right. He couldn't let something like this break him. If the outside world was going to be harder than living here and Adrian was already crying from this, he needed to toughen up so nothing like this could hurt him or the people he cared about like this ever again. It was a struggle, but Adrian finally made himself sit up straight, look up at both Benji and Serenity, and smile. It wasn't his usual big, bright happy smile but nor was it forced and sad smile. It was a hopeful one -his eyes filling with tears that he quickly wiped away with his sleeve. "S-sorry, but...I think I'm okay now." His was shaky and quieter after everything that happened, but at least he was talking again -addressing both Serenity and Benjamin. "...thanks," Adrian then said to Benji, his small smile gradually coming back- Wait...

"Are you okay to be moving around? M-maybe you should take it easy..." The smile immediately disappeared for a look of worry towards Benji. The guy literally got electrocuted and here he was worrying about someone else instead of resting. Adrian was definitely grateful, but still felt as though Benji should care for himself right now.

Serenity Johnson

Serenity’s eyes drifted away from her lap, her silly thoughts being ripped away as her eyes met Benji. She was compeletly shocked to even see him standing, even a little proud. She easily was able to notice his grimaces in pain, and she couldn’t help but reach her injured hand out to help him, a little whine escaping from her as she even tried to move her fingers. That little caring part of her never liked to leave her. She covered her mouth with her free hand, blushing a little. She never liked to show she was in pain, no one really did, and clearly Benji was suffering quite greatly after the various rounds of shocks. “Sheep?” She questioned quietly, barely at a whisper as he had grabbed her injured hand ever so gently. She started blinking a few beats at a time, her mind grinding her gears for a moment. Oh! Her hair. It did sort of resemble sheep whool, duh.. “I uh.. Thank you Ben.. I guess it’s good to hear I’m improving” She gave a dry smile, her eyes attempting to search for his by they just hadn’t met quite yet. But she didn’t really want to hear that, realizing what she said earlier to Angel must have practically stabbed him in the chest. She cringed at the thought, her brow quirking as he ripped at his sleeve. She began to realize he was making a bandage of sorts, his comment over the nurses piecing together her theory “I do appreciate that.. I don’t like them touching at me all the dammed time” She said quietly, her voice still hoarse from her wailing earlier. How childish of her, really. She was able to muster a brave little smile, something she didn’t know she had left at the moment. The warmth from his eyes she hadn’t seen in a while, or ever up this close really. She allowed her icy ocean hues to look back into his with a gratefulness she wasn’t able to hide, it gleaming brightly last her sadness. His comforting wasn’t as gentle as most would try to approach, but she wouldn’t expect something like that from such a harder person. She didn’t mind it as much either, it allowed her to screw her head on right. She let her head turn to the other fights as her hand was given back, groaning silently as she pulled it back to rest against her stomach. She didn’t want to deal with the nurses for a while if she didn’t have to, but seeing the boy at the other side of the room with burns meant that she would be left alone for at least what time Benjamin couldn’t afford her.

She turned to the two in an embrace she hadn’t expected, her brave smile traveling up to let the corner of her eyes crinkle ever so gently. Then so see a smile appear on his face, to even see his face, it warmed her a little. She had a feeling he was still upset, why wouldn’t he be? But progress was progress, and she would happily except that over his pitiful sadness. “Oh thank goodness..” She let out a breath she didn’t realize she had been holding, wiping at her tired eyes. Tonight, she would either crash and sleep until almost noon or stay up all night afraid of slumber. She couldn’t help but chuckle a little, her chest aching at such an action but she faught against it. She loved the fact that he would worry over him, seeing as he was supposed to be their leader or whatever the hell the satan of a general was trying plan out. “I kinda think ‘pup’ is right here.. you should at least sit for a moment..” Her brows creased in slight worry, but she tried to not let that worry consume her

Last edited:
At any other time, Hitomi would have scolded herself for being so easily overcome, but a desire to hurt Lena was something of which she was utterly devoid. Aside from that, the carefully concocted plan that wormed its way into her ear provided something far better. There was a small joy in deceiving those who believed themselves powerful or intimidating-- a small and lasting joy. Whether it stemmed from their satisfaction or the quaint little notions with which they deluded themselves was a mystery, but the opportunity was there all the same. As Lena reached the number three, Hitomi slumped forward and fell.

Felis Felis

Daniel Grimes
(Location: Facility-Training room/ Mentioned: N/A/ Tagged: T Tinytiger28 & Morzone Morzone )

Daniel jolts as Daxter stirs awake as if he came from a nightmare. Back against the wall balled up with a blank stare. The switch in behavior took Daniel aback. It bothered him to say the least, yet he has no idea of what to say. Human interactions are difficult for him still baring trust issues over his haunting past. Lucky for Daniel someone spoke up. Something about Daxter being his buddy, followed by a compliment to their fight and clearing the field for them. A friend of Daxter perhaps? He's never seen the guy around unless the two came in together? If that was the case then there was no need to be suspicious of the newcomer. That didn't stop Dan from it though.

He stood up dusting his pants his pants. "Sure." He grunted tapping hia foot onto Daxter's. "Hey, come on."

Daxter Wicken (Dax)​

Dax blinked, as if startled. Rubbing his eyes tiredly, he gave a soft nod. Wow, his head hurt. What happened?
He glanced to Daniel. Fire, stopping the fight for a second to say... something? An agreement to knock him out. Right, right. He stood, a tad unsteadily, leaning on the wall for support. He flinched at some of the burns that he felt dotting his body, and headed toward the other side of the room.

3c1d5ef103ed0879b87ce965fa45ec64.jpgLocation: The City
Interacting w/: Neil ( P pushed )
Tagged: Veneth ( Chachalotte Chachalotte ) & Emmaline ( P pushed

Ayumi listened to Neil ramble on, but then the tone of voice that he usually has been using as cheerful and often times flirtatious has become more serious. Ayumi looked at him for a moment and finally tuned in, "Listen, you're the only person I have...I don't have anybody else and you know that. Of course, you're worth it." Ayumi said and stopped at that, she hated getting sentimental. But it was more then what she could say a couple of years back. Ayumi was never the one to even get a word or two out, the only thing that came out her mouth when she was at the facility were her screams and groans. Ayumi was glad to have met Neil, he actually helped her open up just a little bit since she isn't the type to gush out her feelings like that. Neil and Ayumi's first encounter was mostly Neil talking and her listening, the only thing that she said to him was 'hi'.

Ayumi could tell that this was the bad side of town, people were out in the street begging, women stood by local stores showing off what the good lord gave them in skimpy little outfits, but Ayumi shouldn't be judging. Her outfit was skimpy and nowhere near modest. The only thing covering her was a dark brown cape they had picked up along their travels. Ayumi's outfit, however, was very tight and revealing. It was only made of mostly fishnet stalkings and red hard armour on her chest, wrist and bottom area. The reason for this outfit being so revealing is because all her opponents are males, and the occasional female, it is very easy for her to lure a man in her trap, literally! Also, if her enemies go to grab her they are engaging in skin to skin contact, thus giving her a wide advantage in draining the little energy that they have. When she first received this outfit, she was hesitant to wear it. It was too exposing. She was about 17 years old at the time. Ayumi grew into the outfit and was more comfortable that she became one with herself and her skin. She was not afraid of a little bit of skin.

When Neil pointed out the fact that the people who they were looking for were in danger, she shook her head a little bit and let out a soft sigh. Ayumi was going to try her best not to kill the 'sun' (hehe) of a bishhhes, but if her fingers/dagger slipped, then it slipped. She can't control what the universe wants. Without even realizing it, she was about to be hit with a knife by one of the blasted idiots that held Emmaline from escaping. It almost hit her, Ayumi had a very poker, yet dangerous look on her face. A face that could kill, but she heard Neil talking and saying how it was only a scratch. Scratch my ass bakka. She thought to herself as she let out a sigh, he should be fine.

Throwing the knife and having it aim at her and thrown was the least of her worries. Ayumi was so numb to knives that it didn't phase her. She had been struck, sliced, and everything else you could do with a knife to a piece of meat. Her tolerance to pain was extremely high, especially when she was well energized."Sucking the souls out of my victim is what I do best, I think I would serve as a better capture then that poor child in your hands." Ayumi stated as she took her cape off, revealing her very skimpy outfit.

Ayumi's body was a sight to see, homegirl's body was out of this world toned.

"Why hit when I can drain?" She stated as she looked to her side at Neil. Ayumi took the knife that was thrown and held it in her hand, "Such a pretty little thing, why not return it to its owner..." And with that said, with all her force, she aimed straight for the man's thigh that was holding Emmaline and with the flick of her wrist, it went soring for its victim.

Bullseye. The man let out a painful yell as he let go of the girl named Emmaline.

"Come and pick on someone your own size, I'd love to have a light snack before we leave." She licked her upper lip slowly before a mischievous smile formed on her lips.

This was not Ayumi anymore, this was a killer speaking and she was hungry for blood.

Daniel Grimes
(Location-Facility-Training room/ Tagged: T Tinytiger28 & Morzone Morzone )

Once the ebony haired teen picks himself up, Daniel leads him back to their seats. He's noticed how troubled the lad as he walked staring at his skin. There was no doubt Daniel felt bad for causing unecessary injuries. He assumed the kid would be knocked out longer. To his surprise be mumbles a low, "Sorry for hurting you." Sheepishly he averts his gaze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back