• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Don't Call This Love...

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
[8]
Emmaline Leigh Fisher
{ Seventeen / Empathic Healing / Tagged: Chachalotte Chachalotte }
Emmaline blinked several times as the man standing in front of her spoke to her. Did he just call her potato face? Her lip twitched at the possible insult as the thought of her dirty face resembling the most beloved tuber. She nodded with his verdict- he couldn't simply assume it was her because of their potato-like faces. Though, it was her. She didn't add that part. She clasped her grubby hands behind her after the man at long last took the fruit she offered. Her brow furrowed when he didn't take a single bite but she didn't push him about it. She wasn't his mother- she attempted to convince herself. She was just worried about his malnutrition was all. She couldn't nag everyone who was willing to talk to her. She started to shove more of her choppy hair into the cap on her head when he took a step towards her. Her eyes widened slightly at his sudden move and her fingertips lingered near the ends of her hair- frozen momentarily. He spoke to her in the kind of tone that made her hair stand on end. Though the intensity was there, she didn't feel as if she was in any danger. She felt like he was expressing something sorrowful with those lovely, ocean eyes. Perhaps she offended him- it wouldn't be the first time her personality rubbed someone the wrong way. She puffed out a small breath she didn't realize she was holding when he took a step back. He flipped the conversation back to her. She imagined he was simply going to leave her after she insulted him. But there he was- asking about her well-being with concern. She was... touched. Perhaps she was too willing to warm up to this perfect stranger. But she did despite herself. Maybe it was because she was so immensely lonely and even if this man meant the death of her- she was tired of the fear of people. Then he asked about her scars. Her eyes dropped to her arms which she extended out to see fully. There were plenty of light-colored scars to see there. When she lifted her head to meet his eyes once more, there was a serene smile on her round face. "These?" She asked laughing slightly. "Oh, aren't these just lovely. I received them helping people, you know. I wear them with pride." Though she was beaming with pride (despite how weird that was), her hand moved to cover up the scar on her collarbone instantly. She was proud of all her scars but one. The one she inflicted on another person, nearly taking their lives. She didn't like thinking about that time at all- so she quickly changed the subject. "I should be fine. I have been living like this for a while now- though I suppose it does get lonely. But it would be improper to ask a young woman you hardly know back to your place, is it not?" She grinned mischievously. "So let me introduce myself. My name is Emmaline Fisher- it is a pleasure to meet you."

"Pain Transfer." Hitomi answered. She waved goodbye to Serenity as she excused herself from the cafeteria table. It seemed everyone had a subject they'd rather avoid. It was easy enough to see if one paid attention to the little details that few ever seemed to notice. A look, small gesture or even the slightest change in tone betrayed the most hidden of feelings.

Lena Daubney
18 | Air Density Manipulation | Facility: Cafeteria

"I see," Lena acknowledged the dark-haired girl's curt answer. "That sounds... well, painful. Ah, mind if I ask you your name?" she changed the subject, guessing that with a power like that, prying for details would dredge up memories far worse than her own. She really should just get herself together and stop being resentful about bygones when there were others whose very powers were bound to hurt them when used. Easier said than done, though.

Lena returned her main focus to her breakfast, hoping she would have enough time to finish it all before training started. Not wanting to waste food was one of her old habits, and probably one of the few that were actually good.

Interactions: Benthelame Benthelame

"I am Hitomi. Very nice to meet you," Hitomi answered . She extended her hand in an effort to shake Lena's. There were few things that inspired happiness here at the facility, but companionship was certainly one of them. It had never quite registered with Hitomi that she shouldn't get used to the presence of any particular face. She was here to save lives, make friends and train or so she had been led to believe. An amusing thought made its way into her mind as she tried to picture just how Lena would accomplish the last one. Everything from breathing exercises to breath holding contests were a possibility. Just how would Lena train? What was it they were training for anyway?

Veneth Wright
Interacting with P pushed

Frankly, Veneth like looking at her facial expression and caught a glance at her hairs. She was certainly something with her strong and joyful personality, plus he didn't spoken with someone this optimistic since he roamed the streets. Unless she was great at acting, or just like this every time. It was certain that no one could possibly injure her. But judging by the facility, everything was possible. He noticed her frowning and decided to hand her back her apple. "I don't care where it comes from. I'm not here to ask for food. Please, take it back. You need strength." He let out a sigh and felt grief after seeing her seemingly intimated by him. "I won't talk like this again, my bad." He really mean it. He got carried away but wasn't really sure to announce why he was. Finally, he gave up on this and listen to her answer.

He shook his head and raised his eyebrows once more when he saw her smile alongside his question. Her laugh was disturbing, to say the least. She didn't hesitate to show her arms fully visible, which was kind of impressive considering all the scars it had. Assuming the light and red marks, there were old and recent. At least, she was somehow proud to have them. However, there was a great misunderstood. So much that his first thought was she loves pain as a reward from deeds, but this doesn't make sense for her to be a masochist at her age. After thinking about it, maybe she meant something else. Quickly skipping the subject didn't convince him, he was onto something and needed to talk more about it.

He couldn't believe she said a young woman. A pleasure to meet him? Well, he didn't heard that since... Never. "I know how being lonely feel. It consumes you, even more when you have grief." In consequence of her words, he crossed his arms with a smirk. "Mine is Veneth. I don't give a crap to who the person is, I bring my shelter to anyone in needs."
He purposely avoided his last name. There was no way he would admit he was a member of this crappy family. He decided to bring back the past subject and took an intrigued face. "So, tell me Emmaline, how do you exactly help these people, and why do you assist them? You hooked me there."

Lena Daubney
18 | Air Density Manipulation | Facility: Cafeteria

Nice to meet you, too," Lena replied, setting down her fork to shake Hitomi's extended hand. She could feel a smile forming on her face. Two new names in just one morning wasn't that bad - if you counted avoiding contact to the point of not even knowing people's names for months in the first place as a starting point for "not bad". Still, it felt good. Making friends, that's what it's called. Friendship instead of tentative agreements to work together for mutual benefit would be a nice change indeed. Maybe it'll happen.

A quick glance at the clock on the wall told her that she had actually managed to make good on some of the time she had lost from oversleeping - while it wouldn't be long until training started, she most likely wouldn't be late either.

"I'll just return this real quick," Lena explained as she stood up after finishing the remainders of her breakfast, nodding at her empty plate. Slightly absentminded, she walked over to where the other used dishes stood piled up, wondering what today's training session would entail.

[9]
Levi- I mean General Kace Milo​
This would be an interesting day indeed. General (Levi) Kace Milo had set up this test for a long time coming. Grinning as he made his way to one of the many control rooms in the facility, he thought back to the morning meeting with the troublemaker Benji. The manipulation of the freaks he was surrounded by was key. What was more important was to keep everything a secret and close to his chest. Not even Dr. Mitchell has any clue the depths this goes. When he entered the room that was hidden behind his credentials, the armed guards eyed the security monitor stood at attention with a fearful look in their eyes. Good. One of them began to speak to him with a firm tone. "Sir, Benji was at it again. It looks like Daniel and he was fighting each other during breakfast. Adrian must have said something to him because they stopped before much happened." Hmm, fighting were they? He nodded and the guard let out a gust of air he was holding back. "It's fine. Daniel has always been a sore spot for me. Benjamin should know better at this point. No worries, they will be punished accordingly. It is time to begin this little chess match with the dear boy. Prepare the nurses to be ready in case this turns ugly. We may lose a few freaks today." Or perhaps just one. His eyes lingered on Benjamin who made his way to a quiet hallway. The young general gritted his teeth but decided to take a calming breath before continuing. He had to keep sane if things were going to go his way. He pulled out a slightly crumpled paper from his military jacket and scanned the contents once more before looking at a guard. "You! I need the PA system on now. Is it functioning?" You never knew what days it would be functioning with the limited resources. But today was his lucky day- he supposed. He pulled the small microphone to his lips and proceeded with his morning announcement. "Good morning residence," he began in his deep, rumbling voice. "Today we have a special training session to attend. Everyone must make their way to the training room in a prompt fashion. Today's pairs are as followed: Adrian ----> Serenity Elm Elm WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell , Rowan ----> Kkachi Morzone Morzone Yushin Yushin , Daniel -----> Dax Pumpkid Pumpkid T Tinytiger28 ,Lena -------> Hitomi Felis Felis Benthelame Benthelame . Ensure you are together with your sparring partner in the next ten minutes. If you are late, you will be punished quiet... thoroughly. Benjamin, your presence will also be required in the training room." And with that, the stage was set. The individuals involved may be frightened now, but they have no idea what truly they are in store for. The thought caused a devilish smirk to crack against the general's usually placid face. He would have his fun too.

Doctor Leslie Mitchell​
The doctor proceeded with the normal procedure with her gentle hand prodding the boys' bodies with a medic's precision. It was easy to see these boys have had it rough and it wasn't going to get any better for the two of them. One was even so quiet it took me a moment to realize he was a mute. Radiation was a hell of a thing. She lifted a large device and cringed apologetically at the boys. "I am sorry about this but there will be a bit of pain with this." She went from one boy to the other with a furrowed brow of concentration. The cold instrument was placed on their necks near the jugular vein. She pressed the button to initiate the chip insertion. She cleaned the device when she was done and spoke as she rubbed it down with a sterile cloth. "That chip is to ensure the safety of everyone here as well as your own safety. It serves as a tracking device as well and if you attempt to remove it- you will sever your jugular artery. You will bleed to death in a matter of minutes. If you misbehave, you will be shocked into submission." Her tone sounded rehearsed with no passion behind the threat. How many people has she given this speech to? How many people were harmed and even killed because of this tiny chip? She shuttered, wrapping her arms around her small frame. She was about to continue but suddenly the static of the PA burst to life. The listened closely to the young general as he barked orders at everyone. He was good at that. With a heavy sigh, she turned to the boys with a half smile. "Looks like you are required in the training room. Please follow me- I will lead you to the proper place." And I will get to the bottom of all of this- she thought with new found determination.

Adrian Weiss
Location: Dorm --> Training Room / Tagged: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
Well, so much for a nap. After hearing the obnoxiously loud announcement echo in the room as well as out in the hallway, Adrian pushed himself out of bed and stretched only to spot Serenity in the dorm as well. Convenient. "I guess we'll be training together sooner than expected huh?" He mused with a smile on his face; combing his fingers through his hair to get any knots out before standing up. It wasn't often there was a special training session, so of course Adrian was curious as to what it may be -maybe even nervous. I wonder what this is all about though...probably nothing great since it's Milo we're talking about here... "We should probably get going." Waiting for Serenity by the door, Adrian put on his jacket as -in his opinion- he always thought the training room was too cold. Despite the announcement being rather sudden, Adrian was excited to train with someone else for once -especially with someone who had been nice to him so far. Plus training with someone else was always better than training alone~

Last edited:
Daxter Wicken (Dax)
17 - Sound Manipulation - Tags: P pushed

Dax stiffened, resolving to stay perfectly still as the chip was inserted. It hurt, but it nothing that he couldn’t handle. His eyes widened as she explained the functionality of it. Bleed to death? Shocked into submission? His heartbeat quickened. That certainly meant they wanted to keep him alive, if their deterrent to attempted escapes was death, at least. But the fact that they had to shock anyone into submission was terrifying to say the least.
He jumped when the voice crackled over the speaker. Pairs? Training? Who was Daniel? A shiver went up his spine. What were they training for? What was their training going to be? Daxter gulped. One thing was for sure, this was no cakewalk.
Despite his misgivings, he nodded agreeably. As terrifying as this was, if these people had the power to shock him at any moment, he didn’t want to warrent their wrath. Dax stood, unconsciously scratching the back of his neck.​

Serenity Johnson

Serenity had pulled her hands away from her face, groaning ever so softly. She needed to head over early to training anyways. As she stood, the PA went off. She squeaked, covering her mouth a little as she listened intently to their generals words. Her eyes widened as she heard her name together with Adriens, looking over to him “Well..” Her voice rang out as his announcement ended “I guess we will be..” Her smile was bright, quickly walking up to him as he stood in the doorway waiting for her. She nudged him forward as she started to walk, stretching her arms out a little. “I’m not sure why were in pairs today.. we almost never train together..” She thought out loud, rubbing at her bare neck. The chilled air already sending chills down her spine.

As she walked next to him, her mind couldn’t help but wonder. But she realized she could at least say them out loud to Adrian “You have to wonder though, what are they planning for today? And how magically, you and I are paired off, and Hitomi and Lena are.. Like, how did they manage to pair us up so fast?” Her words almost blended together as she spoke, waving her hands around in various directions. She cleared her throat and flushed a little “Somethings telling me though that it isn’t anything good..” She said quietly, biting at the inside of her cheek. She let their conversation continue down the hallways and even into the entrance of the training room, her bare feet bouncing impatiently as she waited for everyone to arrive

Lena Daubney
18 | Air Density Manipulation | Facility: Cafeteria -> Hallway

Ugh, none of us are deaf as far as I know, Lena groaned internally as the PA blared its good morning message. If only increased amounts of air in her auditory passage could cushion the unreasonable volume of the announcement - she'd be very tempted to break the rules and use her power for that purpose.

"Quite a coincidence that we'd end paired up, huh?" she asked Hitomi after the broadcast had finished as she made her way back to the table, where, on the spur of the moment, she picked up the the half-eaten breakfast the other girl had pushed aside. "You're finished eating, right?" she probed pro forma before whisking the tray away to the return trolley - because why not? They were in somewhat of a hurry with a ten minute time limit, and Lena was already on her feet anyway.

She realized she had been asking Hitomi several things without getting a reply and grew self-conscious for a moment. Maybe she shouldn't keep babbling on like this. "Um... Shall we go?" Lena haltingly posed one last question as she lingered near the door of the cafeteria, ready to hurry down the hallway - with or without her training partner, depending on her answer. Though the latter option would certainly make the following hours more awkward.

"Lead the way," Hitomi answered. She stood slowly and headed to the training room. The announcement that rang out across the halls was still ringing in her ears. Perhaps the din of training would be enough to drown it out. Inwardly she was scolding herself for not being more talkative, but there was nothing to be done about it now. The nauseating slop they had the nerve to call "breakfast" and the woozy feeling that came with an overload of medicines was bound to have some ill-effects. In truth, she rarely felt any other way.
Felis Felis

Kkachi Cordivae
(19/Misfortune/Tags: Morzone Morzone )
A panic set into Kkachi's mind. Knowing his luck, this Rowan guy's probably gonna murder him in... whatever the special training was. Not to mention this would be the first time he'd have to actively interact with a fellow facility-dweller.

Setting his "eggs" aside, he rushed to the training room, trying to spot whoever it was that he had to spar. A mix of fear and adrenaline rushed through him as he spied out each possible opponent, wondering what abilities each may have. Laser eyes? plasma grenades? Something equally terrifying and dangerous?

He prayed that his menial ability would help him in some way, even though it most definitely wouldn't. That's how bad luck works, after all.

[10]
Benjamin "Benji" Tyler Klein
{ Twenty-One / Blood Manipulator / Tagged: All }
Things happen in life that you do not expect. That is sort of how Benji has always lived his life. It started off with Neil and his smiling face. He was always so happy to be around him- who was the biggest grump around. It happened near the time he was taken away. Benjamin broke down mentally after a training session where he lost control of himself. A nurse was injured and because of that- he was locked up in those damned cages for 3 days. When he got out, he avoided everyone and that included his best friend. Of course, Neil wasn't one to be ignored. He cornered the sullen boy and forced him to talk. "How Neil?! How can you like me? I am a monster. I am so disgusted with myself. I hate myself. I HATE EVERYONE!" He was an adult who whined like a baby. Neil didn't mind. He pulled him into his embrace without a word and let him sob. "How can I not like you? You are brave and smart. Everything I want to be and more. I cannot be like you- as much as I want. So, I have decided to be by your side and watch you grow stronger. Stop complaining and just accept it already." Benjamin was foolish to overlook those unshed tears in his own eyes. He didn't realize all the times leading up to him leading- he was comforting him and slowly- so slowly- saying goodbye. The pain never heals- not really. It just dulls and flares up at times. All this time, he has forced himself to keep at arm's distance to avoid the pain he felt losing his best friend. His eyes dropped to his hand that still tingled with the feeling of the silken hair of Adrian, the pup. What was this? He never went out of his way to touch other- and yet he felt something much like a warmth blossom in his heart. It was like... It was like his heart and mind were crying out- don't stop. Keep touching. He wanted to feel the warmth Neil brought. He wanted to feel the warmth of another human who cared about him and vice versa. How pathetic. He balled his fist up with steely determination. This place was making him soft and that would kill him. The PA message sent a chill down his spine at the mention of his name. It has the general pain who caused most of the chaos in his life. This would not be any different. He straightened his shoulders and walked to the training room. The people one by one filed in with large room with worried expressions creasing their faces. His eyes briefly locked with the Pup's own gaze but Benji quickly jerked his eyes away in fear the boy could see how weak he was. Could they all see it?

There wasn't much time to think about. Shortly after everyone filed into the training room, General Kace Milo marched in with all his charms and assholery. Shortly after he walked in, Doc Les entered looking as confused as the rest of them. That didn't bode well. The fake smile that filled the confident face of the young general was alarming. He spoke- his voice booming over any talk that could have been happening. "You all must be confused about why you all were called here. There are even some new faces you might not be familiar with. No worries- you will get to know them today." Benji couldn't help but narrow his eyes at Milo with such disdain- it was almost tangible. If the general noticed- he didn't show it. He continued with his performance without missing a hitch. "How long has it been since you all seen the outside world? It is utter madness out there. The better question is- how long has it been since you seen the world outside the city's protection?" The question caused Benji's heart to race at the prospect of getting out of there. To see how it truly was outside this place and the city he was born into. They say it is horrible- full of death everywhere you looked. He wanted to see with his own eyes. "Benjamin has been here longer than most of you and has learned a lot about how we work. That is why he has been chosen to lead a group of you outside the city to procure some provision your township needs. It won't be an easy mission- there will be trials that go beyond anything you have faced in here. That is why you will be sparring today. I want you to impress Benji by fighting your partner with all your might. It is a battle that will prove your worth and dedication to helping the people in need. You will only stop fighting after one is unable to fight back- and if I see that you aren't trying your best," his eyes darkened and his smile changed into a smirk, "you'll be properly disqualified. Benji, as the team leader, will receive the punishment for anyone who is disqualified. It will teach him a lot about responsibility and the team." Benji was mortified as the man spewed his sadist plan to the bunch. His face paled as he scanned everyone's face. A fight with each other? Punishments? This was too much. "And to show you how serious I am," the General continued once more. "I heard there was a little fight between Daniel and Benjamin this morning. As disappointed I am with Dan, we all know as a team leader- I expect much more out of Benjamin. So he will be receiving his first round of punishment now." The quiet in the room was so thick with tension- it was nearly crushing him. Benji's heart was racing a mile a minute while the sweat began to form on his face and palms. So this is what he was planning this whole time? Turning him into the scapegoat while he dangled his well-being in the faces of the people who are being forced to fight. Well, he won't give the general the satisfaction. He narrowed his eyes and straightened his shoulders in hopes he looked braved. He wanted to convey a message to all the onlookers. These people won't break me. These people won't break us. With that, the general nodded to a guard- who pulled out the remote of some kind.

The pain of the shock started off subtly. The chip almost pulsated in this throat- vibrating the delicate veins that connected to vital organs. Then it hit him like a ton of bricks slamming against his stomach at once. The shock caused his muscles to jerk and strain as the waves consumed his entire body with pain. He doubled over and fell to his knees at the sheer force but he gritted his teeth to prevent himself from crying out in pain. Milo wouldn't get the screams he loved to hear when he tortured them. When the vibrations stopped, his body relaxed and he gasped loudly as he gulped down the air. Sweat was pouring down his face as he looked up with murderous rage at the cocky face of Kace. "And this?" the general said as he gestured to the guard holding the remote, "is for using your powers against another person." The vibration started up again and this time, he couldn't bite his tongue. The hoarse cries that exploded from Benji's throat didn't sound human as he slammed his arms to the ground in a fetal position. If he was teaching them all a lesson- he was doing a good job. To defy him meant to cause pain to another. A pain so vividly brilliant that it made him wish to pass out to escape from it. He couldn't breathe- he realized. The shocking that seemingly was lasting forever was preventing him from taking a single breath. Salvia dripped and foamed at his mouth as the whites of his golden colored eyes reddened from the veins. And then it was over. He collapsed like a puddle of water on the ground as he gasped for air once more. He held this throat that was on fire from the entire event and was mortified to discover tears slid out of his traitorous closed eyes. He felt a cold hand against his forehead- which made him jerk back instinctively. The soothing voice of Doctor Leslie followed. "You're okay, Benji. Just breath. Come on now." It was the most humiliated he has been in a long time. All thanks to Kace Milo. "Any questions?" The general asked cheerily to the wide-eyed people who watched in horror.

Kkachi Cordivae
(19/Misfortune/Tages: P pushed )
Kkachi raised his hand. He controlled his voice, making sure not to wobble and show his fear, but his body shook with terror.

"What the hell did you do to him?" Eyes wide and heart pounding, he knew the pain of whatever happened to the "Benji" guy was gonna hurt more than anything the outside world had to offer.

Daxter Wicken (Dax)
17 - Sound Manipulation - Tags: At this point, everyone

Daxter gaped as the man prattled on, as if this was a daily chat. This was worse than even he could’ve imagined. It defied words. And suddenly, before he had even processed what the man was saying, the other guy, Benjamin, was writhing in agony on the floor and oh god, this was what getting shocked was. How could anyone do this? Why would anyone do this?!
He wanted to avert his eyes but he couldn’t look away. It was like watching a train wreck. Pain everywhere. Wailing families. He didn’t even realize his breathing had stopped until his chest stabbed at him in pain. Dax tried to take in a gasping breath, but to no avail.
He wanted to vomit.
No, no. He had to stay sharp. He had to calm down. If he fainted, Benjamin was getting shocked again.
Dax closed his eyes, furiously biting his lip as he tried to imagine himself somewhere else. Anywhere else. Night skies. Stars. Crickets.
It did nothing to help his nausea, but his throat did loosen. He gulped in air greedily, as if every breath would be his last.
Seconds turned to minutes as he stood, frozen. And then finally, finally, it stopped. It stopped. He was okay.
NONE OF THIS WAS OKAY.
He was shaking. Trembling. Because who could- how could- why-
No. No he needed to stop. He needed to slow down.
THIS IS NOT OKAY. THIS IS NOT-
He slammed a wall down in his mind, forcefully ending the train of thought. He needed to calm down. He knew how to calm down. He had enough practice by now. He could do this.
He breathed slowly. In. Out. Don’t look at him. Don’t look at anyone. Don’t see.
Think logically.
He wanted to get everyone out unscathed. Without- Without the shocking. What did the man say beforehand? The guy- no, Benjamin, would take the punishment if they didn’t ‘do their best’.
At fighting.
Oh god they were fighting.
Instantly, the nausea set in again.
Fighting to get out again.
He couldn’t expect anyone to hold back. Who know how long these people had been here? They wouldn’t hesitate. At all.
But he couldn’t fight! He was a scrawny weakling who solved everything by running. There was no way out this. No escape. There was no way-
A voice cut through the stunned silence. “What the hell did you do to him?”
Dax wanted to scream. Wasn’t it obvious? They shocked him, and they would do it again. Over and over and-
He shook his head. He needed to stay focused. Don’t think about it. Don’tthinkaboutitdon’tthinkaboutit.
He gulped.
This was going to be a living hell.

Adrian Weiss
At the beginning, everything seemed fine. Adrian walked into the training room with Serenity, waving at everyone else and even giving a smile over at Benji in the brief moment they looked at one another. He didn't see weakness in the other, but Adrian could tell something was bothering him, but he didn't even get a chance to speak before General Milo walked in. A vicious array of emotions hit him all at different times. Curiosity and excitement at the thought of being taken outside of the facility and to explore the outside world. Slight fear upon hearing that it would be the hardest things any of them ever faced, but not enough to make him too scared to try. Then shock and horror -listening to General Milo's conditions about the fighting as he gestured to the guard to start Benji's punishment and watching him writhe on the ground in pain. The sight alone made Adrians stomach turn and his throat close up. He had never been a fan of violence. Sure training was an exception and he could handle blood up to a point, but not only seeing the sheer agony but hearing it? Adrian felt like throwing up.

Any questions? Those words rang in his ears as the lights in his eyes seemed to dull out. So either he had to fight Serenity until she -more than likely- couldn't move or unconscious, or he had to sit there and watch Benji being tortured -and for what? None of them were even a team yet, so how could Benjamin suffer the punishments of a team that hadn't even been formed? Seconds felt like hours as Adrian tried to think of something, anything that could prevent anyone from getting seriously injured, but....he couldn't. There was nothing, and that is what really crushed him. He physically looked pale and his normally bright and shining blue eyes darkened to a deep sea blue with an emotionless film overtop. He had to weigh out the consequences and, in the end-

"..hey Ren?" Adrian turned and looked back at her with a pitiful smile, his dark eyes that were now filling with tears -a couple even running down his cheek. "I'm sorry in advance." And with that, Adrian's smile disappeared. Within seconds, a panel of a forcefield about the size and thickness of a metal door was aimed and slammed into Serenity -pushing her away from him and into a wall before fading. As this happened, Adrian conjured up a few more panels -these being of smaller size so he could keep them up longer- and kept them hovering around him for defense purposes when Serenity attacked.

Serenity Johnson
Location: Hallway to training room | Tags: Elm Elm (and everyone else)

Serenity quickly quieted herself as their general came in, slowly pushing her arm into Adrian’s for her own support. With out remembering he was there, she would probably faint if she wasn’t careful. Her stomach churned unhappily at his mention of them fighting each other, sparring a glance to Angel, shaking her head mostly to herself. The idea of fighting him hurt her enough. She was almost a little thankful though that she did have the hand-to-hand combat on her side, unsure as to if Adrian was a decently good at it as she was. But the other idea of that she had to give it her all, she didn’t want to harm him in anyway. On the other hand, she didn’t want to get Benji injured. She didn’t have anything against him, and to what she knew, Benji didn’t have anything against her. She’d like to keep it that way.

But at the mention of the fight earlier, Ren’s gut wrenched in anticipation, her breakfast almost threatening to come back up at the sight of him. Benji was strong willed, that she knew, and that being almost the only thing she knew, but not everyone can stand a second round of shocking without at least falling. She admired him for standing up for as long as he did. She had to turn away during the second round of shocking though, violently shaking her head. She sighed heavily and rubbed her face, slowly turning back around. She looked up to the general, hiding her emotions with a blank stare. But the cheery tone to his voice was just sickening. Did that man have any remorse?

She was caught off guard as her name was spoken, turning to him with a curious look “Yes, Angel?” She asked quietly, her voice wobbling ever so slightly. Her heart almost collapsed at the sight of him, her eyes widening “Adrian, wa-“ She was cut off as she was flying through the air, her world slowly for a moment before knocking into the wall. The air was easily knocking out of her, falling to the ground as the force field disappeared. She gasped for air, coughing heavily for a brief moment. She wasn’t mad at him per say, almost proud he took the initiative step, but he wished he hadn’t. It hurt her more emotionally than physically the fact that in the first day she met him, her first considered “friend” in here, had started their fight. Finally recovering from her almost fatal blow, she stood. Her legs shook a little, but so did the rest of her body. Pure stress and adreniline hitting her. Most of the adrenaline coming from her being flat out pissed. In that split second, she decided to attempt in shifting into that hammer. She struggled for a moment, getting used to the weight before swinging it around a moment. She smiled a little at the momentum she received from it. She ran as fast as she could at him, jumping up and grunting loudly as she slammed her hammer as hard as possible into his field, quickly back peddling a foot or two away from him in order to recover a little, even to see if that took a toll on him

There were a number of ways to deal with a horrific sight or any of the emotions that came with it. Unfortunately there wasn't much time to employ any of them. With a small breath, Hitomi retreated into her own thoughts. She stared blankly into the distance at nothing in particular. The man convulsing on the floor, his agonized and pain ridden cries.-- all of it would be left behind. The floor and surrounding walls would swallow everything present leaving only a stark white and empty room. There wasn't anything here. No fear, no comfort, no pain and no sound. Her muscles tensed and became like hardened stone. Unless someone had been watching very closely, she would appear unfazed by any of it

Adrian Weiss
Location: Training Room / Tagged: WelcomeToHell WelcomeToHell
Just watching how Serenity hit the wall, her legs shaking as she stood and the look in her eyes made Adrian feel like his heart was being torn in half. Why did he have to do this? If going outside meant he had to hurt someone he considered a friend, he would rather not go at all; but he knew he didn't have a choice in the matter. Because knowing Kace Milo, if he asked if he could opt out, he would probably shock Benji for having a 'member of his team' leave him. Being lost in his train of thought, he didn't pay attention to Serenity's actions -or the fact that she was practically three steps away from him until the hammer was brought down onto his shield. His knees buckled and he visibly winced as while the hammer didn't hit him directly, he could still feel the force against the forcefield.

Adrian's forcefields were completely transparent except around the edges where it appeared to be the same exact color blue as his eyes. Energy could be seen shifting in the space that the forcefield occupied but would gradually change color depending on the amount of damage taken and also served as an indicator for how much longer Adrian was able to keep the forcefield up before it disappeared.

When Serenity hit one of his forcefield panels, the color blue shifted to that of a light greenish-yellow but continued to remain strong. The instant Adrian saw Ren's back peddle away, he took the opportunity to have the same forcefield ram back into her. Meanwhile the remaining two smaller forcefields around him combined into a larger panel in order to cover more surface area. There wasn't much Adrian could do as an attack, but he was definitely capable of countering.

Kkachi Cordivae
(19/Misfortune/Tages: Morzone Morzone )
Kkachi panicked. He didn't even know who his opponent was, how was he expected to fight them!? Despite this, he found comfort in the fact that no one knew how his ability worked, thanks to his seclusion of not wanting to spread his pain to anyone else, even though he now had to intentionally hurt someone. He allowed his misfortune to manifest for a quick and easy attack, should his foe appear.

Serenity Johnson
serenity didn’t want to do this. No one really wanted to attack anyone, unless of course that was just your second nature or you’ve got something against your partner. She just prayed that this fight wouldn’t tear them apart. She didn’t want it to, not at all. She loved his presence, but the force fields were starting to become a royal pain in her ass. She knew she couldn’t keep the stamina up for long, especially with the added weight of the hammer. So she’d make the best out of it. She couldn’t help but feel a little proud of the color change in his shield, as for what it meant, she guessed possibly the amount of damage it could take after that hit, but the color hadn’t shifted too dramatically so it would probably take a while. She had a feeling her ass was about to be beaten black and blue at the end of this, wether she stood on top or not, she wasn’t sure at all.

She yelled in pain as another force field rammed into her, being knocking back easily. But she wouldn’t allow herself to fall, not again. She regained her balance, a furious look filling her face, even though her eyes were purely saddened and even horrified. She didn’t want either of them injured too badly. She gritted her teeth a little as she ran at a quickened pace back to him again, trying to save a little stamina for herself. She made another quick blow to his wall, turning back around to give another. She wasn’t stupid enough to back away this time, simply dropping down and sliding to the side to hopefully move away from any counter attack he would send her way. Every time he hit her with one, the ache in her chest grew more and more, and it was taking a bit of a toll on her breathing patterns. Once being even and decently steady, we’re becoming a bit sharper and slightly less orderly by every swing and new step “What a great morning..” She managed weakly, attempting another blow to his sheild as she was circling him “You meet someone new, forced to fight them and your getting your own ass kicked..” Her voice fell as tears filled her eyes, quickly wiping them away. She couldn’t cry, not now, it would blind her, and she needed all that she could grasp. Plus, she didn’t want Angel feeling any worse than he already seemed to be feeling

Adrian Weiss
Every hit made to his forcefields made Adrian tense, wince, and occasionally lose his footing. The forcefields were like an extension of his body. While the attacks didn't hit him or injure him directly, he knew that by the end of this, his entire body would ache and his arms would feel like pins and needles, but a far more painful version if he pushed himself too far. Now that Serenity was becoming more persistent in her attacks, Adrian had to focus more. The previous field that had turned green steadily turned to yellow, then red, then completely shattered like glass -just without the sharp bits of glass as the energy just dissolved after. Mere seconds after the first forcefield went down, Adrian moved the other panel around to 'follow' Serenity's movements and attacks. Since this forcefield was larger, it would take more hits to bring it down, which was good. He knew that if he got hit with that hammer- well...he knew it wouldn't feel good to say the least.

Listening to Serenity made a few more tears trail down Adrian's face, but he didn't speak. Speaking to Ren would only made him feel worse about doing all of this -especially after hearing her yell in pain after slamming forcefields into her. All Adrian could do now was tire Serenity out and wait for an opportunity to strike. So for now, he just stood there guiding his forcefield around -his hands shaking steadily overtime.

Serenity Johnson
Serenity was proud of herself for even lasting this long so far, only due to her stamina usually giving out by now with the multiple factors given currently. One of them plainly being she was pushing herself to the near edge of what she could even handle. The other being the fact that she had been knocked into at least two fields at this point. Pulling herself back to reality, she realized his field had been broken down, not even able to pull a smile at her face. She attempted a swing that was more like a hard jab at the chest. But wall attempting this action, she was greeted by a new wall following her. She audibly grunted as she had slammed to hammer into it, her chest aching horribly at this point. She wasn’t sure how much longer she would last under this sort of physical pressure. They were such an even match, it was almost anyone’s game.

She couldn’t help but start tearing up again, hating herself for even speaking again. To see him cry and not speak to her just hurt her worse. And she physically hurt enough as it currently was. She had started slamming her hammer once again into the force field, the motion slowly becoming repetitive and just too much for her. She went to swing again, but the swing wasn’t so much the satisfying metaled ‘thud’ and was instead the sounding of flesh beating against glass. Without even realizing, her stamina had drained, revealing her flesh once more. As it smacked into the force field, tears fled her face, pain shooting down her arm. She screamed in pain, doing her best to push it aside as she held her hand and swung a leg up to kick at the shield. She took a single step back, lunging her shoulder into the field, another shock of pain running through her at her irrational action. She needed to get just one hit at him to even think about winning. At this point, she was just becoming desperate, trying to find anyway past this. She started to sob, trying to stifle it with her swollen hand but it just rang out, her focused and steady kicks becoming sporadic and weaker with every new kick. “No.. no.. no.. come on..” She uttered, her voice weak and shaking horribly

Adrian Weiss
The longer this went on, the more Adrian could feel a coldness creeping into his heart. He hated every. single. moment. of this fight. Adrian wasn't the kind of person to hate someone else, but when he saw General Milo, all he thought about was how he could hurt him the same way he was hurting everyone else in this room. The correct answer was that he probably couldn't because Kace Milo didn't have a heart nor a soul to hurt -which just left Adrian feeling worse and worse.

He was abruptly taken out of his downward spiraling train of thought when he heard the weak thud against his forcefield. Turning his head, his eyes widened as Serenity was practically throwing herself at the forcefield and kicking desperately. He wanted to tell her to stop, that he didn't want to hurt her, but he couldn't. Not without someone else getting hurt in the process of those actions. Instead, Adrian brought down the forcefield and grabbed Serenity by her arms with tears steadily falling from his eyes. "I'm sorry." That was all he was able to say with his shattered voice before two small forcefields wrapped themselves around Serenity's arms. He made it seem like it was a form of restricting the others movements and ability to use her powers -which it was- but the main purpose for it was to prevent Serenity from hurting her hand anymore. Then, with a final rough shove, Adrian created his last forcefield and slammed it down on top of Ren to keep her pinned on the ground.

That final forcefield was past Adrian's limit for how many he could create in a day; so needless to say, his arms were in excruciating pain as the pins and needles feeling spread from his fingertips into his shoulders. Only then did the aching become more like sharp fiery pain -but he couldn't even hold onto his arms as just moving them made everything feel like hell. Falling to his knees, Adrian pressed his forehead against the cold floor and just cried -his body shaking with each sob. He tried to keep it all in, biting his lower lip and just letting the tears fall, but the longer he sat there, the more pain he was in and he couldn't handle it. His arms hurt, his heart hurt, everything hurt and he wanted nothing more than for all of this to just be a nightmare. A nightmare he would soon wakeup from, but never would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back