Idea Dome

crosseddice

Cross
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The basic of summaries is that Earth suffered from a huge calamity and a bunch of aliens are invited to help rebuild a functioning world. Everyone is playing their own interpretations of an alien from one of the main eight planets except for the Earth, Sun and Moon. Everyone has to play an alien, the only exception being the three astronauts who were shot out into space before the calamity. The roleplay will take place on the Atmosphere Dome, a large dome created above the earth's atmosphere due to overpopulation. Out of pure fun maybe throw in some preexisting nations like the Irkens from Invader Zim or one of Ben ten's aliens or something. Idk, it's here in the open now so if you get inspired have fun.

Rp.png Map.png

Fleshing out concept

[Locations]
Inner planets: Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Earth.
Venus: It's considered the hottest planet despite not being the closes to the sun. Thus, it would have more of a desert/plains like atmosphere.
(Abu Dhabi desert safari) (Used in: Planet Jakku in Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
Abu Dhabi.jpg

I imagine the citizens of Venus have long lashes to shield their eyes similar to camels and are adorn in cloths such as scarfs and head pieces to protect themselves from the heat. But most of all, I imagine their royalty flaunts their planets shiny minerals and wear large Egyptian like headdresses like Khat/Nemes.
In Greek mythology Venus was the Goddess of Love, so I imagine their culture is based on relationships whether platonic or romantic. Holidays and traditions based around gift giving and showing a multitude of ways to love.

Mercury: Despite being the closest to the Sun, this planet's temperature tends to rapidly fluctuate. So, to avoid confusion, the planet it split down the middle in half with one side being the coldest and the other being the hottest. Because of this split within culture some citizens of mercury are adorn in furs and quilts while the other is in fashion similar to their neighbor across the way, Venus.

(Iceland Black sand beach)
black sand beach.jpg
I imagine there are two rulers to dictate both sides to keep them at equals, so a home war doesn't occur.
In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger of Zeus and the god of travel, so I imagine it to be a sort of rest stop for traveling aliens. Hermes was also considered the god of mischief and persuasion, so I expect Mercery is a very lively planet with large group gathering areas and a bit of a crime rate with thievery.

Mars: Despite how much the humans joked, there were in fact not any organisms living on the red planet or so they think. All of Mars citizens actually live underground, the lack of water on the surface of the planet is merely because they do not require it. They know the most about humans, at least from a technological standpoint.

(Red desert, Wyoming)
red desert.png
I imagine Mars citizens wearing steampunk like fashion with mechanic accents to it Similar to ants, they have a queen and very particular, strict roles.
In Greek mythology, Mars is the god of war, making this planet the most tactical and threatening amongst them.

Earth: [Information redacted]

Outer planets: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

Jupiter: Being closes to the sun in the outer ring, I imagine it's similar to spring vacation with showers and nice breezes, so it isn't too hot.

(Zuma beach, L.A)
zuma beach.png
I imagine citizens wear more skin open clothes with vibrant patterns and designs with occasional over coats in case of sudden rain. They have one ruler. While the citizens aren't 'stupid', they do have an go with the flow type attitude making them seem not very serious.
In Greek mythology, Jupiter is the god of sky and thunder.

Saturn: (Hold)
(New York City)
nyc.png
Uranus: (Hold)
(Moon peeking over mountains by Sergey Zabelin)
Moon.jpg
Neptune: (Hold)
(Underwater wallpaper by Zairi)
oceon.png

Last edited:
It's certainly doable. About the only issue I'd say exists is a low demand for sci-fi settings in general.

Sci-fi is a very particular genre and some people just aren't intrested in its themes and stories. I don't expect it to be as popular as romance or horror. But it's big enough that I'm sure a small hand full of people would be interested and are on the hunt.

Suggestions are always appreciated, I'm not a writer or ever made my own rp before so this is more brain dumb world building and mild synopsis then anything.

This sounds like a really cute idea! I love a good sci-fi RP, and it’s a fun unique concept that allows for interesting characters. Plus I always love aliens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back