• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Does the thread mark itself 'new' if I update it?

HK Fifty

Jedi Historian
I know it does that when comments are posted , but if I say edit in the mark II droid into it would it update? I really don't want to clutter the comments with 'such and such droid added!'...

[QUOTE="HK 50 09]I know it does that when comments are posted , but if I say edit in the mark II droid into it would it update? I really don't want to clutter the comments with 'such and such droid added!'...

[/QUOTE]
I don't think so.

What you are essentially asking is if editing a post bumps the thread(marks it new for others). The answer is no.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I don't think so.
What you are essentially asking is if editing a post bumps the thread(marks it new for others). The answer is no.

[/QUOTE]
Crud then. Well I guess I can do what I normally do : put 'update : x added' in the comments.

Maybe this idea should be a new feature?

I'm not so sure that would be such a good idea. Especially when it comes to things like character creation. People will be adding and adjusting their character sheets in the early creation of a game. I don't feel having a huge list of "X-user edited a post in Y-thread" in the alerts would be all that helpful, even less so if you have your alerts also sending out automated e-mail notifications. Do you want to be trawling through 20+ post edit emails because someone in one of your games keeps adding or taking away things in their character sheet? I'm much happier to have people either add a message in OOC or under their character sheet when they've edited something.

Captain Hesperus

That's probably true. Like I said I'll just post in the comments when I add new droids to the droid lists.

To expand on further, the reason why we are hesitant is because such a thing isn't built into the forums and no addon currently exists for Xenforo that does what you ask. This would mean we would have to have it commissioned by a developer. That's a lot of $$$ and we simply do not have that within our budget at the moment. Especially for a minor feature that can just be replaced with someone posting an update post.

However I mean we could look into possibly letting people bump their own threads. Of course there would be time restrictions and such but that might be a possibility. Although that doesn't really reach the point you are getting at with editing = bumping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back