Other Does anyone have any RPs just for villains?

The Explorer

Philippians 4:13
I have an idea for an Epic Villain! But not sure if anyone has a Villains only RP.

Name: Darkness
Code Name/Alias: Tom Finch
Powers: Dreamweaver, Total Darkness, etc.
Nationality: Caucasian
Background History:

Born with the power to bring his dreams to life, struggled with nightmares for a long time before learning how to Lucid Dream. Once he had control over his dreams, became way too overpowered, and decided Humanity was beneath him.

Can do anything he can dream, and bring to life.

What he has already done:

1. Conquered his home world.
2. Used his power to remove his limits. No longer needing sleep to dream.
3. Ate an entire reality whole to test his created power to absorb the knowledge of all beings in that reality at once.
A whole lot more.

Anything he can dream, he can bring to life. And he has the ability to lucid dream.

I'm not currently sure if there are any villains-only RPs, but I think there have been a few superhero/supervillain ones floating around in the Fantasy, Realistic/Modern to even Sci-Fi tags that allow villains. You might have to tone him down or make him fit with the settings of those RPs, of course (since as he is right now, he's quite a very powerful character). 🙂

CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell I might make a RP for OP Villains who are bored and want to talk to oher OP Villains. You know, about their favorite or least favorite henchmen, that hero that always tries to stop them, etc. I just got a lot to do IRL right now.

CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell I might make a RP for OP Villains who are bored and want to talk to oher OP Villains. You know, about their favorite or least favorite henchmen, that hero that always tries to stop them, etc. I just got a lot to do IRL right now.

Well, it's definitely an idea worth building on. I wish you luck when you do get around to making it, and with whatever IRL stuff you have to get done. 🙂

So the obvious problem with this is that villains don’t play well with others. It’s why their villains in the first place. You make them OP on top of that and they’re even less inclined to work with others.

So you would need to write in a reason for them not to just obliterate each other and move on to doing their own thing.

Edit : What if you made their powers location specific? So like each villain can do whatever they want within their specific city but once they leave the city limits their powers are taken away and their basically regular people.

This could give some stakes too if the heroes keep trying to chuck them out or whatever. And the meetings could be just like a villain poker game on neutral territory where they all brag about what they have done with their cities.

Last edited:
So the obvious problem with this is that villains don’t play well with others. It’s why their villains in the first place. You make them OP on top of that and they’re even less inclined to work with others.

So you would need to write in a reason for them not to just obliterate each other and move on to doing their own thing.

Edit : What if you made their powers location specific? So like each villain can do whatever they want within their specific city but once they leave the city limits their powers are taken away and their basically regular people.

This could give some stakes too if the heroes keep trying to chuck them out or whatever. And the meetings could be just like a villain poker game on neutral territory where they all brag about what they have done with their cities.

I figured that the villains would all be OP to the point where none of them could destroy each other. And that they would try to, and later joke around about how sucky or awesome their attempts to kill each other were.

I figured that the villains would all be OP to the point where none of them could destroy each other. And that they would try to, and later joke around about how sucky or awesome their attempts to kill each other were.

I.e. Darkness could literally just Daydream and wipe them from existence but won't because that's too boring, and he gets lonely being too OP.

There is now, but it has plenty of limits on how powerful a character can be.
It's also one of those Worm-adjacent ones, so the people therein are really touchy about aliens, reality warpers, and magic.

noun
  1. 1.
    (in a film, novel, or play) a character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot.
    "a pantomime villain"

I don't think that definition is very good. How exactly do you define villain? Does a villain have to be evil? Not really, it's pretty hard to define evil anyway, unless you believe in moral absolutism, which is pretty immoral in it's own right. So basically, unless you want every villain to be satan and every story to be the bible, defining villains as having to be evil is pretty inconvenient. The reality is that all well-made and interesting characters are not entirely "good" or "evil" and reality is much more nuanced than that. Rorschach would disagree, but he's dead so we don't have to care.

A villain in a story would typically be someone that has motives going against the protagonist or sometimes the majority, not someone who has to be evil. If you have a group of villains that work together and we see everything from their perspective, you essentially just have a group of protagonists, ironically. So let's go back to the definition that you're supposing, I assume. An evil group of people who happen to have the same motives, or ones that don't oppose eachothers goals in the short term, who work together. Villains like Darkness are a pretty bad example in a story like this, since he can do literally anything as hecan accomplish anything by himself and has no reason to cooperate with anyone else, beyond entertainment, meaning the relationship would always be bland, as one person, Darkness, holds all power in the relationship. So the villain in question is not really suited for roleplay, as he can't be beaten or opposed in any feasible way, or so it would seem from your description of him. Having your characters reason for not destroying anyone against him as "because it would be boring" would be pretty not-fun, as you basically imply his omnipotence, in what is supposed to be a group-activity with a somewhat equal power-balance.

A villain squad of high-power would quickly get boring in my opinion, as having a lot of power in a fictional world is inherently boring unless it is earned. Eating fictional universes for fun would get boring really quickly, you know? It's not very fun being a villain.

So villains can work together, in the case that they're weak and working against the odds, so-to-say, as another typical feature of villains is them having more power than everyone else, or at least the protagonist(s), but when the odds are against them, that basically makes them the protagonists, nevermind their "evil" nature. So it wouldn't be very special, in the end. You would just have a group of people where instead of their goal being "save the queen" you end up with the goal "kill the queen". You would just end up with protagonists with "EVIL" spelt out on their forehead, if you wanted them to explicitly be villains, I think.

noun
  1. 1.
    (in a film, novel, or play) a character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot.
    "a pantomime villain"

I don't think that definition is very good. How exactly do you define villain? Does a villain have to be evil? Not really, it's pretty hard to define evil anyway, unless you believe in moral absolutism, which is pretty immoral in it's own right. So basically, unless you want every villain to be satan and every story to be the bible, defining villains as having to be evil is pretty inconvenient. The reality is that all well-made and interesting characters are not entirely "good" or "evil" and reality is much more nuanced than that. Rorschach would disagree, but he's dead so we don't have to care.

A villain in a story would typically be someone that has motives going against the protagonist or sometimes the majority, not someone who has to be evil. If you have a group of villains that work together and we see everything from their perspective, you essentially just have a group of protagonists, ironically. So let's go back to the definition that you're supposing, I assume. An evil group of people who happen to have the same motives, or ones that don't oppose eachothers goals in the short term, who work together. Villains like Darkness are a pretty bad example in a story like this, since he can do literally anything as hecan accomplish anything by himself and has no reason to cooperate with anyone else, beyond entertainment, meaning the relationship would always be bland, as one person, Darkness, holds all power in the relationship. So the villain in question is not really suited for roleplay, as he can't be beaten or opposed in any feasible way, or so it would seem from your description of him. Having your characters reason for not destroying anyone against him as "because it would be boring" would be pretty not-fun, as you basically imply his omnipotence, in what is supposed to be a group-activity with a somewhat equal power-balance.

A villain squad of high-power would quickly get boring in my opinion, as having a lot of power in a fictional world is inherently boring unless it is earned. Eating fictional universes for fun would get boring really quickly, you know? It's not very fun being a villain.

So villains can work together, in the case that they're weak and working against the odds, so-to-say, as another typical feature of villains is them having more power than everyone else, or at least the protagonist(s), but when the odds are against them, that basically makes them the protagonists, nevermind their "evil" nature. So it wouldn't be very special, in the end. You would just have a group of people where instead of their goal being "save the queen" you end up with the goal "kill the queen". You would just end up with protagonists with "EVIL" spelt out on their forehead, if you wanted them to explicitly be villains, I think.

True, never thought about it that way.

Major Idea Edit:

What if, instead of portraying them as evil, we portray them as people with feelings. Like actual people.

Last edited:
True, never thought about it that way.

Major Idea Edit:

What if, instead of portraying them as evil, we portray them as people with feelings. Like actual people.
Well, that is when you humanize them, and when you do that, they kind of stop being villains and start being people. Although Hitler was a bad guy in probably almost any moral system, he was definitely a person with feelings and probably ultimately wanted to do good for his country, even if that meant the genocide of millions of people. He wasn't unlike a lot of other dictators in that regard. Der Untergang helps portray him more as a human and less as an idea. Extreme example, I know, but worth a thought, in case you haven't had it.

BlackoutThieving BlackoutThieving I mean honestly, the only difference between a hero and a villain is how they react to the situation. That is a very human thing to do.

Man, i'm prepared to get all philosophical up in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back