• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Doctor Who 1x1 NirnRoot/ElizaW

((And... here we go!))

Location: Virgo Cluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System GV-2 > Earth > United Kingdom > City of London > Earl's Court

Universal Date: 1.25/aluminium/194/b-3

Local Earth Date: 2:14pm, 17 May, 2018

He had walked the length of Earl's Court seventeen times so far-- passing commuters, shoppers, and tourists; past the 430 bus line and impatient motorists; past signs promoting politicians and organic food; past a homeless man he'd given a pack of jelly babies that were in fact laced with properties that would heal the mental deterioration he'd suffered, caused from multiple concussions in his youth that had since progressed into a mental illness... but The Doctor did not tell him that.

He wasn't satisfied with Earl's court, though, until after he'd slipped into a local apartment building, bypassing the security system on the steel door, and had gotten to the roof where he could look down at the building next door. There was a shimmer-- the briefest, slightest shimmer that could be mistaken for waves of heat off of blacktop pavement, though the day was cool and overcast.

The Doctor smiled. "Gotcha," he said, as if he had a companion to hear it. Sometimes he forgot that there was no one there. Not since... his mind glossed over the incident.

Then it was back down the steps, two at a time, a grin on his face and furrowed eyebrows over bright eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
She knew he would be here - because well, how could she not? She had picked this moment out of the archives and studied it thoroughly. Of course she had only downloaded the original dates, times, locations and causes of the original series of events, and of course all of that was about to go out of the window as soon as she stepped in and changed everything but nevertheless, it was quarter past two on May 17th and this was where the Doctor was.

She crossed her arms, hugging them tight across her chest. "This must be what humans think of as clutter thinking." she mused. Normally her thoughts were straight forward, exact, but today her brain was a mess of endless possibility and probability charts. So this was how it felt when things were left up to chance. It was perversely thrilling.

Glancing across at her reflection in the shop window opposite her, she took in her appearance; she looked normal enough, so much so that no humans had looked twice at her. All her ports were hidden underneath strategically styled hair, and she was wearing gloves. Thank God for England's miserable weather.

Suddenly, a door of a dilapidated apartment building burst open and there he was, large as life and twice as effervescent. She began to take a step forward and paused. This was the beginning, the first domino that would bring the chain of events down in a chaotic cascade.

I have to.

It was against everything she had ever known, everything that she stood for. Forbidden.

I have no choice.

Squaring her shoulders in her jacket she stepped away from her wall, walking up to the young man.

"Doctor?"

"Yes? Hullo!" The Doctor pivoted about on the ball of his foot, the edges of his double-breasted leather coat flaring out. Black coat, black shirt, black pants, black shoes, black close-cropped hair. He took a portion of a second to glance at her. "Is this the first time we've met?" he asked, and glanced up at the roof top over her shoulder.

She couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. But I know you're the Doctor."

She glanced over her shoulder, back the way he was looking. She was dressed simply in jeans, black shirt, grey jacket. Specifically unnoticeable. "I know you're busy, but I need a favour."

"Can this favor wait, say... twenty-three minutes?" he asked, and again looked at that rooftop.

She rolled her eyes, an outward sign of exasperation but in reality she was checking the time that she called up around him.

"I could help you cut it down to 15."

"Right then. Follow me!" And without another word he took off running-- across the street, hurtling around cars that blasted their horns at him, to the Earl's Court station. He passed by the notices outside the wooden doors and to the large, interactive LED screens showing user-friendly maps of the London Underground.

He pulled out a silver cylinder with what looked like a blue light on the end, held it up to the bottom of the display. It took two seconds before a grating alarm began blasting through the station, and a calm, polite female voice sounded over the loudspeakers, informing the people within to evacuate in a calm, orderly fashion to the nearest exit.

She ran after him, dodging cars, throwing up one hand in an apologetic motion. Their footsteps clattered in echo down the stair case. She stood next to him, nervous. She knew some augmented humans could have infiltrated the system easily but she couldn't - it wasn't what she was designed for, after all. She didn't even want to let on yet that that was what she was.

She coughed, anxious to keep up appearances. "So, who is it this time?"

"Tens of thousands of humans pass through this place every day," The Doctor said, then started walking. He was counting footsteps in his head. "Some of them have been going missing. You ever read Harry Potter? Or heard of a perception filter?"

A few steps behind him, she scrolled through her eyes flickering. To anyone else it would look like she was reading something in the air, but she was downloaded synopsis at a great rate. "Read the books, didn't like the movies. Haven't heard of a filter though."

"Right. We're looking for 'Platform Nine And Three Quarters'." It had to be around here somewhere. Their relay signal was hidden on the roof. He kept counting footsteps, waiting for the numbers to skip.

"Does that mean I can shove you into a wall? If I'm going to help you - and get my favour done any faster - you could be less vague."

"Walls, doors... hallways that your eyes refuse to see. Glimmers in the corner of your eye." He'd be less vague if he knew exactly what they were looking for-- just that it had to be here, and close.

"Oh, for the love of God." She quickly sent out a scan, checking the textures of the brickwork. "Found it. Last call for Hogwarts Express."

She reached out, grabbed him by his jacket, and shoved him sideways at what seemed like a perfectly normal wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back