• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Doctor/Patient Confidentiality

ValentineIllusion

Whoa what's a custom title-
Woooo first rp thread :D

The continuation of a roleplay between @lafeae and I c: Also going to see if I can put our other roleplay on an extra thread on here- Bear with me I'm new here xD

Looks like it went through nicely c:. This is gonna be awesome now that we won't have to worry about dA issues.

(Yaaaaas :D And it's got all the different tabs and it's so organized and omg I love it But I keep wanting to type :la: and nothing shows up :c )

"I don't care if I wake up the whole hotel! Then maybe someone with bash the door in and let me out of here!" she shouted at him, pacing frantically back and forth as she tried to recall all those blurry, fuzzy, dark memories, "Y-You- oh my G-God- what the Hell happened?! I-I- oh my God- I need an aspirin..."

She rushed herself to the bathroom and pulled the robe on, reaching for some medicine before she looked at herself in the mirror and gasped. She counted at least three hickeys. She didn't even want to see if she had any more. Swallowing down the pills as fast as she could, she started pulling open any drawers she could find to find something to cover them all up with.

(which is a bummer xD . I like that little emoticon )

Ivan sighed, and he closed his eyes, trying to make his own pounding head stop. He was used to being hungover, but he'd went a little further than usual this night. Nothing he couldn't deal with, he just needed to find ibuprofen to make it better.

Getting up, dragging the blanket with him, he grabbed his shirt and tossed it to her. Of course she was paranoid about the hickeys. "Say we ripped your dress and we gave you a shirt." It was a sweatshirt, so it should have worked.

As she was amidst her frantic search, Ivan was rifling through the bathroom cabinets and grabbing a bottle of something a bit stronger than ibuprofen, taking it quickly, and not hesitating to whip out a switch blade and cut another in half. Enough to help her, but not get her hooked.

Walking back out to her, Ivan gave her the pill half. "Take this." If she didn't knock it out of his hand.

(I always used it way too much xD Ooh, also, I started a tab for Amethyst x Zane, and there's another one for OOC chat c: And there's one for character sheets but I don't know what to do with that one xD )

Athene took off the robe and pulled on the sweatshirt, but she certainly wasn't happy about it, "Right, you cut up my dress but you couldn't possibly cut little ol' me, so you torture me just enough so that there's 'bruises' all along none other than my jawline!" she snapped at him, slamming a drawer shut as hard as she could- even made it crack a little. She stormed past him and snatched the bag from the trash can, picking up all the bottles- empty or not- and shoving them in. When she turned back, he was offering her the medicine.

She scoffed, moving past him to throw the trash bag by the door, "I'm not taking your drugs! J-Just- Just go away and leave me alone a-and- and don't let Kong come in, alright!? Bring someone else!"

(I have a feeling the OoC may go unused. We're bad about that xD . Unless you wanna use it. That's cool. We don't need the character sheets, but I bet it's good for people who just met and wanna RP.)

Well, hadn't her tune changed in the morning? Most of that was the hangover talking, but other bits of it were clearly that she knew what had happened.

Smirking, and shaking his head, Ivan crossed his arms and headed for the door in need of a shirt. "That's not up to me; whoever gets here is here." He said. If she was going to be the way she was, he wasn't going to help her out. Not that he blamed her shame--he just wasn't going to pretend that it didn't happen.

(I would kinda prefer to use it, if that's okay with you c: And yeah, that's a good idea c: )

Athene wasn't going to put up with it. Athene wasn't going to put up with
any of it. She didn't even think twice before she charge him and laid her hands flat against his shoulders, pinning him to the wall right next to the door. There was venom in her voice and if looks could kill, she wasn't sure if Ivan could make it.

"
It is up to you," she hissed at him, her head close to his ear, "I'm putting up with all this crap, I don't need anymore. Just go talk to your little girlfriend and tell her to get me a different guard or none at all, got it?"

As she pulled away, she snatched the switchblade, shoving it in her pocket and flopping on the couch to deal with her hangover.

All throughout their relationship, Athene had been something of a terror, but then again, her personality had been a little different. Sharper. And she wasn't so weak--so even as she snatched the knife away from home, he only snorted and waved his hand at her.

"It's also up to be to tell your hubby that you cheated on him. Fuck if I care about my relationship. But you---you're married, pregnant---I don't imagine a smart man like him would put up with you cheating on him." Said Ivan. Before he could give her the chance to respond, the door opened to Kong, and he walked out, wordless, stone faced, part of him still scared.

"Well, well. I see you two got along swimmingly." He commented, and Kong immediately took his place in the perimeter of the wall.

After Ivan had left, said all those things- pretty much threatened all those things- Athene was left in almost a state of shock. Her arms were limp at her side as she just stared ahead at where he left, and left her with the one person she didn't want to be with. The other person she cheated on Li with. No one ever liked their kidnappers, but she had gotten the worst of the worst.

"...too swimmingly," Athene angrily muttered under her breath, storming to grab the hotel room phone and marching into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. She leaned against the door as if someone could still break in, as she dialed Li's number and held the phone to her ear. If she didn't get this weight off her chest, it was going to crush her.

Unable to contain himself, mirthful laughter escaped Kong's lips as he settled in a little nook with a chair that was beside the television. Why did she run off with the phone? As if she was able to have someone come rescue her? She'd been here far too long to actually want to call the police, because they were in such a threatening position to themselves and their family. Besides, the police would just turn a blind eye on their gang, as they always had in cases where mass media didn't care to glamorize it. So the mirthful laughter continued, and Kong hoped that it seeped under the bathroom door.

The phone was ringing, and Li was quickly awoken in the early morning hours in California time. He shuddered awake and grabbed his phone, seeing where there was an unknown number. But all the numbers were unknown anymore, and he answered anyways. "Hello?" he answered in a weak, sleepy voice.

The sound of Li's voice was like sweet, sweet music to her ears, and a smile came to her face just knowing that he was still out with. It came with tears too, though, of all those emotions she had that she wished he could just know without her having to tell him. It took her a second to catch her breath, sitting on the edge of the bathtub before she started speaking.

"H-Hey, Li, uh...i-it's me, A-Athene. I miss you..." she said quietly, trying to cry as silently as possible so he wouldn't hear her and then worry about her, "L-Li...y-you know when I get super super drunk and I'm a complete and absolute idiot who makes the worst decisions who p-probably deserves to be thrown out on the street...?"

The sheer fact of waking up was hard enough, especially as he eased against the headboard of the bed for support. He cradled the phone and rubbed at his eyes as he flicked the bedside light on. Quiet little hiccups of sound were coming through the phone, and they weren't really that distinguishable, but he was smart enough to know that she was either holding back tears or stifling them.

"I....I miss you, too," said Li. Using a lot of his mental energy to actually comprehend what she was saying. It didn't take much, really, but he was spending a lot of that trying to convince himself that she was lying, or that it wasn't as bad as she was about to reveal. "Honey, I've....never seen you get super super drunk to that point. What...what are you talking about?"

"Li, I did something stupid and you should hate me f-for it," she rambled on, looking at her poor, miserable, awful, shameful self in the mirror, all covered in old faded tattoos and scars from fights she could never remember and now those terrible hickeys, like she was trying to be a badass and she was failing. She really was failing. Since the day Ivan kidnapped her that first time, she had been building walls she didn't need, and now they were all falling down on top of her. She was a mess, and she wasn't even a hot one.

"...b-but you promised me we'd be h-honest, so I'm just gonna c-come out and say it," she said, shutting her eyes and looking away from her reflection, finding it even harder to contain all her feelings, "Ivan brought vodka and I drank it. I drank a lot and my ex boyfriend was in the room and you were gone and I was the absolute stupidest person to ever exist and it was entirely my fault but things happened and I swear to God, Li, if I could take it back, I would..."

It was the worst thing that he could have imagined hearing, and before he let all of the words come out before he actually filtered them, Li pulled the phone away from his ear and let the worry seep out through his mouth and nose. Li was convinced that, if he were cartoon, he would likely have steam. But she was right: they had promised to be honest with one another. It must have taken a lot for her to actually tell him what she had done.

That still didn't make it hurt any worse; he could feel it in the chest, where his heart became heavy and his breathing was a little uneven. It wasn't just anger, it was sadness. Somewhere along the line she had gotten so drunk that looking at another man was a possibility for her. Kissing another man; having sex with another man.

Placing the phone back to his ear, level-headed enough to answer: "I...I can't imagine that being healthy for the fetus." Which maybe was the worst response, aside from yelling and being angry. Being solely analytic, without actually bringing much emotion into it. "So....you're ex works with these people, then?"

Athene didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing that he was trying to be objective, like he did so often. It meant he was trying to calm himself down. It also meant that he was so upset he needed to calm himself down. At least he didn't immediately start yelling or crying, and that was good enough for her.

"Y-Yeah, um...th-the guy who...beat me with the b-bat," she stammered, finding herself choking on her own words, "H-He's my e-ex. A-And he's gone and I n-never want to see him again."

She sucked in a breath, letting it go as she spoke with a shaky voice, "L-Li, please...h-help me..."

Vaguely, he remembered the man that was sitting in the room trying to negotiate with them. The tall man with long hair. It made sense, it wasn't like another ex was going to randomly come waltzing along, but it made him wonder if one came along and liquored her up enough, what would happen if another one did? Unlikely, but just as panic-inducing.

"How do you want me to help you?" Li asked. Wasn't he already helping her? Helping be sure that the both of them didn't end up dead in a ditch because they wouldn't cooperate with the Triad. "I'm talking to father here in a few hours. Get this sorted out and....and I'll be home after that. I can't imagine I can help you with this..."

Athene nodded, even though he couldn't see it. That was all she needed. She knew he was helping her already, she just needed to hear him say it. She just needed to know that he was still coming for her, and that they'd both make it home okay.

"L-Li, just...just be safe. A-And make it home safe," she stammered, taking some toilet paper and dabbing at her eyes, trying not to cry as much as she was, "O-Okay? And...I love you..."

She was satisfied with his answer, but he didn't know how satisfied he was to know that he was 3000 miles away to help them stay together and...it almost didn't matter. It took his breath away.

The coup de grace being what she said last. She still loves him, and deep down down, he still loved her, but right now it was a sock in the gut. A tired, worthless little feeling gnawing in his chest.

"Okay. You too," and Li tried to force a smile, even with no one in the room.

She immediately noticed that he didn't say he loved her back. Athene was desperate to hear that, more than anything, and it wasn't there. He said nothing that would make her even more miserable than she already was, but it was what he didn't say that made her burst into another fit of tears. The wad of tissue she had in her hand was soaked and did nothing now, and as she tossed it away, she got up and looked her sorry self in the mirror again.

And she stared. There was silence from her, listening closely to hear his breathing so she knew he was still there. "L-Li..." she stammered, slowly taking the tip of Ivan's sweatshirt and pulling it up, looking at something that she noticed, "...do you still l-love me...?"

Tired and knowing that he would have to sleep a little longer before he actually had to deal with his father, Li was almost desperate to not have to deal with this conversation anymore. It hurt his heart more and more. "O-of course..."he said, choking up the words as best he possibly could. He really did. He really did love her but it was really hard to concentrate. "Of course I love you. We've been...together for too long."

And that was part of it, maybe. They had so much history--he was her only her history, and he knew that, ultimately, he couldn't actually abandon her. They needed to work on this, eventually, when they were together and could look each other in the eye. But was that a good reason? Li couldn't answer that. "Please...stop crying...."

Letting the shirt fall back over her stomach, she grabbed another wad of tissues, dabbing at her eyes as she needlessly nodded again, "I-I will, I will, I promise..." she whimpered, trying desperately to clean herself up. There was no doubt Kong could hear her through the door, but she at least didn't want him seeing how much of a mess she was.

Sucking in a sharp breath, she looked back up, trying to speak as clearly as she possibly could as her crying finally started slowing to a stop, "...Li, I just wanna let you know, I...I think I'm showing..."

The little conversation that was going on in the bathroom certainly was making Kong laugh a little bit, though he didn't actually stay too close. His ears were prickling just listen to her cry, and he couldn't help but wonder about what the husband was saying on the other line. How could he be happy with her? She was pregnant, kidnapped, and now she had done it with her kidnapper like it was nothing. As if she expected her crippled husband to keep loving her? It was likely his only choice in the world. And that made the laughter from Kong hard to contain, and he drifted away into a far corner, though he didn't care if she heard.

"Oh, really?" said Li, and his tiredness was showing in his voice. "I'm sure Lissa will be happy to feel that...she's already excited about having a brother or sister." And he smiled, thinking of a happy Lissa. And that made him happy. There was at least one person in the midst of them that were happy. "You're not feeling sick yet, are you?"

Athene could very well hear Kong's laughter through the door, and honestly, she expected no less of him. It was Kong, after all. She dropped her head and let her hair drape over her face, eyes focused down at her feet. Just because she expected his laughter didn't mean she wanted to hear it. "Hold that thought honey..." she said quietly, moving the phone away from her mouth, and banging as hard as she could on the door, "Shut up, will you?!"

She sighed, holding the phone back up, "Been sick for the past few days...but I haven't been seizing at all. I'm gonna need to be careful about that..." she said, looking down at her stomach. God forbid she seized, laying on her stomach...that couldn't end well, "...It's early there, isn't it? You should...sh-should get more s-sleep..."

And even more so, her desperate pleas to make him stop only made him want to laugh a little more. When Athene banged on the door, Kong walked over to the door and banged back, then drifted onto one of the couches and waited for the reply. If she was this easily provoked, then it was going to be fun until Li managed to get himself back to them and reclaim her.

"It's nice to know you haven't seized...I worry how that might be for the baby," Li said, rubbing his eyes, and as she worried about his sleep. This was the trivial things that they were worried about so that they weren't thinking about the bigger things at stake, wasn't it? That didn't matter, if that was what they could do until a better time came to deal with their issues. "It's...yeah, pretty early. I was gonna go back to bed, see Dad later, hopefully be back before the end of the day if it all works out."

Athene nodded again, like he was in the room with her, like she was trying to pretend he was in the room with her. But no, they were on completely different coasts, alone, and miserable.

"A-Alright Li...get some sleep. And be careful," she said quietly, feeling the tears start to swell up again, "I l-love you, Li..."

She hung up before he could tell she was sobbing again. Just a push of a button, and the little voice she clung to was gone. Her misery was even worse...but so was her anger. She had no reason to hide it anymore, and there was only one person she could take it out on. One person she was happy to take it out on.

So she slammed the phone down onto the counter, stormed out of the bathroom, marched right up to Kong, and punched him right in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back