Experiences Do you prefer to only role-play with users who use BBC code?

RPN used to be that way, people here were such idiots. RPs required heavily coded character sheets, many required code frames in posts. I'd say half of all RPs here required coding in one way or another. As someone who thinks code is frivolous and doesn't use it, it always pissed me off. GMs would deny your well done character submission because the code wasn't done right lmfao. Thank God people grew up.

those sound like wretched days

I think that was a group only thing Jet Jet . I have been on here for years and it was never really an issue in 1x1. I mean I would make some elaborate searches from time to time but I always had a text version for mobile users AND I told my partners IDGAF what you do in posts. And that was pretty much how all other searches worked too.

I think that was a group only thing Jet Jet . I have been on here for years and it was never really an issue in 1x1. I mean I would make some elaborate searches from time to time but I always had a text version for mobile users AND I told my partners IDGAF what you do in posts. And that was pretty much how all other searches worked too.
I do group RPs and I've never encountered this phenomenon either.

I'm not a fan of BBcode because most of the time they aren't the property of the user. I think good writing and good ideas is more important than variable editing skills.

two thirds of posts made with BB Code are unreadable on mobile.

There we have it.

But yeah, it depends on what tier of BBcode it is. If it's basic like colour coded quotations to differentiate between who is talking or if a significant action is happening, yeah. But if it's a big bulky chunk deemed unreadable on mobile... eh...

Either way I don't mind.

There we have it.

But yeah, it depends on what tier of BBcode it is. If it's basic like colour coded quotations to differentiate between who is talking or if a significant action is happening, yeah. But if it's a big bulky chunk deemed unreadable on mobile... eh...

Either way I don't mind.
The main issue is fixed-length borders. They'll either make the text go off the side of the page or, more rarely, stretch the page to fit, making it harder to scroll. If people stopped adding those, it would solve a lot of the problems with viewing BBCode on mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back