• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Do They Know?

Ivar made his way through the back yard and into the house, smiling wide as he made his way over to his mate while she unpacked boxes in the kitchen "Leave the teenagers to finish this." He murmured to her, kissing her cheek as he wrapped himself around her. They had finally moved somewhere that he knew she wanted to settle down in and he was trying to do everything to make that happen for her

Carmen yawned a little as she stood by the stove top, finishing up with dinner and listening to the door finally open "Hey!" She called to the front door, finally seeing EZ walk around the corner and reached over to him, "I got spaghetti and meatballs handsome... Long day?" She asked him quietly.

Max smiled wide as she felt her mate's strong arms engulf her small figure "Mmm they're busy unpacking the rest of the house. We need to atleast get the silverware out." She said softly before turning to look at him. They were finally settled, after moving for years to get out of the shadows of his brothers they were free. She smiled softly and kissed him gently "Maybe if we can get everything unpacked...you and I can start of that little family we wanted." She murmured

EZ gave a heavy sigh as he trudged into the house making sure to leave his boots outside by the door. He loosened the tie of his uniform and smiled softly as he heard his wife's voice "Hey beautiful....yeah...very long." He murmured as he sat down at their little dining table. He had been Sheriff in their small town for nearly 10 years now and this was the first time he had been dealing with so mant gruesome attacks.

Carmen nodded frowning some and moved to set their bowls down, standing next to him for a moment and let him lean his head up against her side. “Is it wolves?” She asked him worriedly. They had been lucky in their time here. Alone save for the odd small pack that drifted through but for the past two weeks things had really ramped up and she knew he was worried.

Ivar smiled and nodded. “I say screw the unpacking but I will try to be patient.” He murmured. “The boys are going on a hunt tonight. Sven is taking them.” He murmured to her. “But they gotta stop leaving a mess behind. I don’t want us run out of this town. You really liked this one and I wanna make sure we can build a life here.” He murmured.

Last edited:
EZ gave a heavy sigh and leaned against her some "I don't know...it looks like it but I can't be fore sure." He mumbled before looking up at her "I want you to be careful just in case alright? Mask your scent as much as you can."

Max rolled her eyes and laughed lightly at him and pecked his lips. She gave a heavy sigh and nodded a bit "Yeah that would be nice, its so quiet here....I don't want to be run off again."

Carmen smiled and nodded, "Yes sir." She murmured, kissing his head, "Eat your dinner handsome." She murmured, sitting opposite him once she'd cleaned up and got to her dinner as well, "I was thinking by the way.... It's been eight years tomorrow since we lost her.... I'm ready to start trying again." She murmured softly

Ivar nodded and swayed with her gently, "I promise love, no more running." He murmured, kissing her nose before heading outside to get everyone to finish up and head in to help finish the unpacking, "Only animals tonight boys! I'm tired of getting sent all over the country, I'm ready to settle down again." He told them all, heading up to bed with Max towards the end of the evening, wincing by the time he got to the top of the stairs and starting to limp to bed.

EZ sat with her and gave a small smile but tensed when she brought up their lost pup "....Carmen...I...this is really good food babe." He murmured trying to change the subject. He was in no way ready to try and go for a family again

Max frowned softly when she walked out of their ensuite bathroom seeing him limping into the room "Babe why didn't you call me?" She asked as she made her way over to him and helped him to bed "You need any cream to help the pain?" She asked softly

She frowned and shook her head "Don't do that." She muttered, looking over at him, "All she ever talked about was having a little brother or sister.... And we were getting ready to give her that... I still want to." She choked out. "I want my baby girl back but I also want the second child we always talked about. They are gone EZ! They will never hurt us or any of our children ever again." She told him seriously

He frowned and shook his head, watching her "It doesn't do anything.... If it gets bad enough I'll just make the shift for a few days." He muttered. He'd always suffered from chronic pain, all over his body but usually the worst was his legs and the only thing that truly helped was making his shift for a while, stuck without much communication just to stop the aching. "Are you coming to bed?" He asked her, pulling her to stand between his legs and slipping his arms around her waist, burying his face againt her chest and inhaling "Mmm... I love you."

EZ took a deep breath and shook his head some "As far as we know they are gone, how do we know they won't show up again?! Or if someone else comes?! I will not risk my family again damn it!" He yelled in his alpha tone "Now put this to rest right now Carmen. Right now is not the time for a child."

Max ran her fingers through his hair and gave a small nod "Mhmm just doing my nightly skin care." She said softly before kissing the top of his head "Just let me know when you shift okay?"

She frowned "You killed them all! You killed every last one of our pack. No one knows where we are. Most people think we're dead anyway! I want to have my family how it used to be!" She yelled at him, cowering away when he stood up and screamed back at her

Ivar just nodded and sighed some, "You put up with a lot of shit from me.... tak." He murmured, smiling up at her some and flopped back onto the bed

EZ frowned and stood up slamming his hands on the table "I said no! I will not put you at risk again! There is some kind of fucking serial killer in our town that could be wolves, what if they hurt you huh?! Find you and decide to take you and our child?!" He screamed before he left the room not hungry any more

Max smiled softly and kissed him gently before he fell onto the bed "Its what a mate does,you put up with mine and I put up with yours."

He chuckled quietly and shook his head "Yeah but your shit is easier to handle." He chuckled quietly, watching her head to the bathroom, falling asleep, snoring loud before she got back

Carmen sat there for a few more minutes before getting up and throwing their food away, going straight up to bed, refusing to speak to him for the rest of the night. She understood his worries but they had been safe for almost eight years. The odd wolf or two passing through but nothing much and she just wanted her family back.

Max rolled her eyes and gave a small laugh before heading to the bathroom. She came back into the room and smiled seeing him asleep. She moved to lay with him and soon fell asleep as well.

EZ sighed heavily shaking his head softly as he took a shower just trying to calm down. Sure they had been safe for the past 8 years but something felt very off to him and he did not want to try anything just yet. He still couldn't fully get over what he had done back then.

Carmen slept through the night under the covers and faced away from him, the nightmares coming back as they did every night but she woke up as rested as she could get, going to get some breakfast for herself, sighing a little when she noted that EZ had already left for the morning, the couch blankets and pillows neatly folded up.

Ivar slept through, waking up in excruciating pain that was only amplified when he got downstairs and Sven told them they'd had a slip up with the youngsters last night. One of them had caught the scent of a young man and they'd tracked him to the river, taking him out before Sven had even a chance to react.

Max woke up feeling an ache pulse through her entire body. She never usually felt Ivar's much unless he was in bad shape. She got up and made her way downstairs frowning when she heard Sven "Who? Tell me which ones." She said now furious. She did not want to wake up to this news at all.

EZ woke up early giving a heavy sigh as he folded up the blankets thankful his uniform was downstairs. He grabbed his gun and badge before taking off without a word.

Ivar shook his head "Doesn't fucking matter.... They all went after him in the end." He spat, kicking the coffee table over and stormed outside, "None of you are fucking shifting for a week! No more sparring, no more training! Grow the fuck up or I let Max on your asses!" He snarled at them all, making it back into the house and just about got all the way up the stairs before collapsing on the top floor.

Carmen headed into the station late that morning, nodding to the girl on the front desk, "Hey Patricia, EZ forgot his lunch, I'm bringing it in." She mumbled, setting a can of sprite on her desk like she always would when she popped in, heading through to EZ's office in time to find his hand twitching by his side before he hid it as soon as he noticed her "Hey.... You left your lunch in the fridge. I didn't get a chance to tell you last night that it was already there ready for you.... Can we talk? Not argue... just talk?"

Max shook her head letting him take care of it for the time being. She sighed heavily before going wide eyed when she heard a loud thud knowing it was Ivar but the sound of it. She moved to get by his side and sighed heavily "Ivar? Can you shift?" She asked softly as she rubbed his back

EZ was twitching some as he looked over the crime scene photos of the young man he found this morning. He could tell it was wolves, but the slash marks and tufts of fur. He was worried sick now but soon got his composure when he saw Carmen walk through "Hey thanks...go ahead and sit down." He said softly as he sat up a bit

Carmen frowned and looked over his desk, "They find another one?" She asked quietly, moving to sit down opposite him, crossing her legs and pulling her hoodie down lower, "Sorry... Distractions... EZ I don't wanna fight with you..... But I'm not gonna just give in and say we will never have another baby.... Our little girl was perfect and I miss her every day but honey I can't live the rest of our lives worrying about the things that could go wrong." She frowned.

He groaned a little but nodded "I'm not.... I don't wanna go right now." He whimpered a little, looking up at her while there was no one else around. There were two people in his life that he was able to be completely open with and Max was one of them. Most of the time when he got this bad, his wolf never gave him a choice and took over anyway but he was desperate at this point to find some kind of better alternative or even better, a cure. "Im hate not having you like normal." He frowned, "I want t-" HE was cut off now as his wolf started the shift and he lay there groaning and breathing through it until he lay in front of her as a wolf, as black as Fenrir himself, eyes red like blood.

EZ took a deep breath and nodded a bit before running a hand over his face "Yeah.....Carmen I-" he cut himself off and sighed heavily "Not right now okay? I need to find out what these things are, they look to be young. I found fur at the last scene. Once I get them out or find their motives...I'll reconsider a family okay?" He said before reaching over taking her hand in his. He wanted her happy and he could feel just how upset she truely was about this.

Max gave a small nod and frowned softly seeing him start to change "We'll find a better way okay? I love you." She whispered pressing her forehead to his wolf form before giving a soft sigh "Come on, lets go lay down." She murmured

He wandered to their room with her, laying behind her and engulfing her smaller frame in his, nuzzling his face to her head before falling asleep and Sven stuck his head in just to double check that Ivar was indeed down, nodding to Max, "I'll keep the youngsters in check.... We'll take note of everything okay, Jackson is still trying to get in touch with that old contact of his.... The male used to have a very similar problem. They might be able to help." He promised her, leaving them to it.

Carmen nodded and frowned "I can make that deal." She promised and kissed his nose, "Who was it?" She asked him, "The new body." She gestured towards the photos as she stood up and made her way over to him, slipping her arms around his shoulders and kissed his head "You need to shift tonight. I saw you twitching by the way."

Max smiled softly running his fingers through his fur gently and nuzzling the top of his head. She looked at Sven as he came in and gave a small nod "Thank you Sven, please tell Jackson to keep us updated." She said sweetly before turning her attention back to Ivar

EZ took a deep breath leaning forward some "That gas clerk....young guy." He mumbled shaking his head a bit. He shook his head groaning softly "I'll be fine." He murmured having not gone with a shift in nearly a year and his wolf was starting to claw at him

She frowned and lifted his chin to make him look at her. “Honey. It wasn’t a question.” She told him seriously. “Call me when you’re on your way home so I can stick the pizza in the oven.” She told him, leaving him to it and heading home through town.

He nodded and headed out to the teenagers, shaking his head some. “Ivar won’t be coming down here for a couple of days. Nathan you’re in charge of making sure they have the food they need and drinks. The rest of you keep this place in top condition. For now take a break from training and just try to relax. Finish unpacking your rooms.”

EZ gave a heavy sigh but nodded softly before standing up and pulling her into him "I love you more than anything Carmen...all I want is your safety." He murmured before kissing her gently and lettimg her go off while he handled this new body.

Max stayed with Ivar for hours until her stomach growled softly. She frowned a bit and got up to go get herself something to eat while he still rested. Smiling to herself as she looked around the house was nice and currently cleaned up. She glanced at Jackson as she walked into the kitchen and gave a small smile "Sven tells me you're still reaching out to that old friend?"

Jackson turned to her and nodded, wiping his hands off from splitting wood most of the afternoon. Along with Sven and Ivar and Max he was the last adult of the pack. "He's a very hard man to track down but if my search has been done correctly... The pair aren't far away." He told her quietly, "If we can't find something to at least help, Ivar will get to a point he can no longer stay human at all." He pointed out "But I'm trying as much as I can to find him." He promised, getting a drink and heading back out to start moving the logs to the stack.

Carmen nodded to him and headed to the library where she had been working since they'd moved here, listening in to all of the hushed conversations going on around her about the body found that morning, making it mostly through the day until the church ladies came in for their book club meeting for the afternoon and all made a beeline straight for her. With her husband being sheriff in town she was usually their first port of call every Thursday. "Ladies I know just as much as everyone else." She smiled a little, "I wouldn't be able to tell you even if I did know but my theory.... just some migrating wolves." She pointed out, waving them off to their private room until her ears pricked when Candace mentioned to Lucy, 'perhaps we should warn that new family that took over the hunting cabins. they could be in a spot of danger'. She snuck out the back after that and called EZ "Hey.... Did you know that Jonathon sold those cabins to a family? From what I've just heard it's a large one.... might be worth checking for a pack." She told him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back