Other Do other RPS (real person slashers) exist around here? Aside from K-Popers?

Voissed

I RP Real People
I just joined earlier and I've been browsing the forums for hours now to get a feel of the place/people. I've noticed there are some K-Pop fans around (who probably rp K-Pop), but I haven't seen any other kind of RPS roleplayers, so I'm starting to think I'm the only one?

To those who may not be familiar with RPS or RPF (the F stands for fiction), we are the people who write/ship/roleplay real people. Like, some people ship Thor/Loki but RPSers might ship Chris Hemsworth/Tom Hiddleston. That sorta thing (which's frowned upon in so many places; hopefully not here).

Anyway, if there are more of you around here I'd love to be friends. Especially if you're in the sports fandom. :D

Sports are disgusting, I don't want to know what Asian music sounds like, I don't know why I'm here.

I've seen a bunch of people rp youtubers. That's the same thing.

Still weird.

Edit : I'll roleplay Russel Westbrook as long as you ship him with Lebron James.

I just joined earlier and I've been browsing the forums for hours now to get a feel of the place/people. I've noticed there are some K-Pop fans around (who probably rp K-Pop), but I haven't seen any other kind of RPS roleplayers, so I'm starting to think I'm the only one?

To those who may not be familiar with RPS or RPF (the F stands for fiction), we are the people who write/ship/roleplay real people. Like, some people ship Thor/Loki but RPSers might ship Chris Hemsworth/Tom Hiddleston. That sorta thing (which's frowned upon in so many places; hopefully not here).

Anyway, if there are more of you around here I'd love to be friends. Especially if you're in the sports fandom. :D
You will find any type of role players in most RP sites.
Although, the 'genre'\theme you suggested isn't something I've seen much here... I saw it but it isn't a big thing.

BUT! I can assure you that not everyone is K-Pop oriented... You will find some people using non-asian fc.
For your interest in real life ships I assume like Brangelina and all... I mean write it out in a looking for interest and I am pretty sure someone will want to try it out without judging you like the morons *cough* sorry, the players that replied so far.

You will find any type of role players in most RP sites.
Although, the 'genre'\theme you suggested isn't something I've seen much here... I saw it but it isn't a big thing.

BUT! I can assure you that not everyone is K-Pop oriented... You will find some people using non-asian fc.
For your interest in real life ships I assume like Brangelina and all... I mean write it out in a looking for interest and I am pretty sure someone will want to try it out without judging you like the morons *cough* sorry, the players that replied so far.
It's very niche, in a way. I mean, there are places like Livejournal, InsaneJournal and Dreamwidth where it's actually prevalent, but outside of those it becomes really difficult to find other RPSers, because people find it creepy *shrugs*

It doesn't help that I'm looking for a very specific storyline as well haha I might put up a want ad soon though, see if anyone bites. Thanks for your kind reply :)

It's very niche, in a way. I mean, there are places like Livejournal, InsaneJournal and Dreamwidth where it's actually prevalent, but outside of those it becomes really difficult to find other RPSers, because people find it creepy *shrugs*

It doesn't help that I'm looking for a very specific storyline as well haha I might put up a want ad soon though, see if anyone bites. Thanks for your kind reply :)
Yeah you should try that :) best of luck!

(this is not to spark hate or anything of the sort but..)

All I hear in status updates are people bitching constantly about having no kpop fans in RPNation when there clearly are. Then I proceed to tell them, "There are." Denial begins. Even some other users say. "KPOP FAN REPORTING IN!" And next thing I know? In a week or so, I SEE THE SAME THING, OVER AND FUCKING OVER!

I call for extinction.

First: I don't listen to K-Pop. I'm much more of an Alternative Rock, Rock, Indie, that kind of thing. I mean I named this profile after Portugal. The Man.

Second: I personally don't enjoy the real person shipping, it makes me uncomfortable as they are real people. You may be able to find some, but I haven't seen it

I have to admit that it's one of my guilty pleasures. That being said I keep the fan works a sort of secret, confining them to alternative tags and the like to avoid controversy from the actual people even if there's nothing intimate going on.

I don't know why it seems strange to me but it is. Like, I think Tom Holland and Zendaya look really cute together, but when I think of RPing them, it's just weird. But somehow I'd have no problem creating two OCs based off of the two. I could maybe RP a non-fictional person and an OC but never two non-fictional people lol. I guess one reason I personally don't like the idea is that I can get very carried away with my imagination a lot. So if I made out a celebrity's personality to be one that I find ideal in a human being I'll mistake the person in reality with the person in the RP and then I'll likely end up with an unhealthy obsession with the person in real life.....if that even makes sense lol. So I think for me, its just better if I stay away from RPing real people. :P I mean, I'm now crushing on Adam Driver because I dreamed he was intelligent, sweet, and cutely awkward when it came to showing affection lol. Damn dreams! :closedeyescryingfrown:

I ship a lot of YouTubers, so I don't see it as a problem, as long as you don't harass the people in the ship/their significant other(s), if applicable.

It took me a moment to process what this thread was actually about, and for a single, insane second I thought you were asking if there were asking if there were any other serial killers out there who hang out on this site.

I should go to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back