• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Do no harm. - applications

OOC
Here
Other
Here

junegloom

you’ve got me by the skin and bones

do no harm.
a medical roleplay

• application.

full name.
    nickname.
    age.
    date of birth.
    gender.
    pronouns.
    sexuality.
    role.

faceclaim. (realistic only please!)
    height.
    hair color.
    eye color.
    distinguishing features.
    scars. (if applicable)
    modifications. (if applicable)

likes. 4+
    dislikes. 4+
    hobbies.
    fears.

vices. 3+ please explain each one
    virtues. 3+ please explain each one.
    (or you can write it out in paragraph form if you want!)

background. (2+ paragraphs please)

questions.
    why did you become a doctor/nurse?

why are you working in the ER?

coded by weldherwings.

APP.

full name.
nickname.
age.
date of birth.
gender.
pronouns.
sexuality.
role.

faceclaim. (realistic only please!)
height.
hair color.
eye color.
distinguishing features.
scars. (if applicable)
modifications. (if applicable)

likes. 4+
dislikes. 4+
hobbies.
fears.

vices. 3+ please explain each one
(or you can write it out in paragraph form if you want!)

background. (2+ paragraphs please)

questions.

ROLES

Attending Physicians- Attendings are responsible for the overall care of the patients. In addition to treating their own patients, they supervise the residents and medical students.

Residents- These are doctors who have graduated from medical school and are specializing in a specific field of medicine. Though they are doctors, they are still supervised by the attending physicians.

Medical Students- In their third and fourth years of medical school, they are placed on clinical rotations for training. They are able to treat patients under the supervision of qualified doctors. They may not be interested in specializing in emergency medicine, but it will be a great learning experience either way.

Nurses- The glue that holds the department together. Nurses care for the patients, often administering treatments ordered by the doctors. They assist with assessing and treating the patients. They spend the most time with patients, especially once they are stabilized.

Physician Specialties

Emergency Medicine- Most of the doctors and residents in the ER will be specialized (or are specializing) in emergency medicine. They treat patients that require immediate medical attention. They treat and stabilize the patient until they are ready to be admitted to a hospital floor or are able to be discharged. In this RP, they will see both adult and pediatric patients.

Trauma Surgeon (attendings only)- These doctors have specialized in a more specific form of surgery for those who suffered more acute, traumatic injuries. They have completed 5-7 years of general surgery residency, followed by 1-2 years of fellowship training.

General Surgery (residents only)- Surgical residents will consult and assist in the ER, many of the residents intend on completing a trauma surgery fellowship following the completion of their residency.

RULES

One.- This RP is 18+ only. This is because I am uncomfortable roleplaying with minors and this roleplay will deal with heavy and potentially triggering topics.

Two.- This is NOT first come, first served. Everyone needs to apply and be accepted to take part in this RP.

NOTE: If you do not receive an acceptance message from me by the specified deadline, that means your character has not been accepted. Please don’t message me regarding acceptance as I choose the characters based on how I feel they will fit into the group.

Three.- Realistic face claims only, please!

Four.- This is an advanced lit RP, so replies should be at least a few paragraphs. If you will be away for an extended period of time, just give me a heads up!

Six.- Please be kind to everyone and follow all RPN rules

Seven.- There is a max of 4 characters per person. For variety, please make sure the gender ratio is balanced. (All genders and sexualities are, of course, allowed. I just do not want too many characters of one gender overwhelming the cast)

Eight.- Discord is required for OOC and plotting purposes

Last edited:

• Catherine Sun

full name

Dr. Catherine Jia Sun

nickname

Cat or Cath. Never Cathy

d.o.b.

August 30th

Cis Female

Pronouns

She/Her

Sexuality

Bisexual

Role

Attending Emergency Physician

style

height

5’3

hair

Black

eyes

Dark Brown

Dist. Features

Freckles, full lips, bright smile

Scars

Appendectomy scar, a few scars from a childhood car accident

Mods

Standard ear piercings

faceclaim

Lucy Liu

I Believe in You

more*

req.

req.

Woman on the Move

Critical: Catherine will not hesitate to call out one’s shortcomings. Especially at work, she takes her job very seriously and will correct anyone and everyone she feels needs it, whether it is asked for or not. At times, she can be harsh but she does have good intentions.

Stubborn: Catherine is set in her ways and will not change how she feels just because someone simply disagrees with her. She needs to be proven wrong to accept it. Though, she is quick to apologize when she is wrong.

Impatient: She is easy to frustrate. Waiting is not her strong suit, as she prefers instant gratification. There is nothing that bothers her more than incompetence.

Adaptable: Catherine is quick to adjust to whatever situation is before her. She is very flexible and will shift her thinking and actions to fit what is happening.

Calm: Panicking is not something that Catherine does. She keeps a cool head and her focus in tense, high-stress situations. It takes a lot to get her worked up.

Caring: While Catherine may appear to have a tough exterior, she cares deeply. She gives everything to her loved ones and bends over backwards to make sure her patients have the best outcomes that they can.

Her work, children, iced coffee, hot tea, old movies, dogs, keeping fit, traveling, reading, listening to music

dislikes

Incompetence, bland food, silence, disorganization, velvety fabrics, humidity, people talking during movies, being late, snakes, harmful pranks

hobbies

Yoga, pilates, baking

fears

Losing a patient due to a mistake she makes, something happening to her loved ones, snakes

pers.

pers.

history

Catherine is the middle of three children born to David and Jennifer Sun in a Connecticut suburb. The pair were both first generation Americans that had met at a restaurant. David was a chef and Jennifer was a waitress, working while she went to college for marketing. The pair married about three years after Jennifer graduated college.

Catherine’s childhood was average for the most part. Her sisters played soccer, while she was more interested in ballet. Her initial dream was to become a professional ballerina. However, despite being quite talented, she was not skilled enough to pursue it professionally. She continued dancing until she graduated high school.

Being a doctor was never originally on her radar, though she gained an interest in medicine when she was eleven. It was a cold night and the family was driving home from visiting Jennifer’s parents when their car hit a patch of black ice, causing them to get in an accident. They were rushed to the hospital and thankfully nobody was seriously harmed. Catherine’s older sister broke her arm and everyone needed stitches, but that was the extent of their injuries.

Once Catherine was home from the hospital, she realized that she wanted to help others the way she was helped. Though, she was undecided on whether she wanted to be a doctor or a nurse.

By the time she was applying to college, Catherine was sure she wanted to be a doctor. She studied biology as a pre-med student and eventually was accepted to medical school after taking a gap year to study for the MCAT. In medical school, she excelled. When it came time for her rotations she spent time in various specialties but really felt torn between pediatrics and emergency medicine.

For a while, she leaned towards pediatrics, having a soft spot for her young patients, but changed her mind at the last minute, opting to pursue emergency medicine. She matched at Columbia Medical Center for her residency and has since spent her entire career there, eventually becoming an attending physician.

There is nothing she takes more seriously than her work. While she can be tough, she really does do her best to help her residents and medical students become the best doctors they are capable of being.

best friend

name here

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel. Vestibulum laoreet tristique sem, vel malesuada nunc congue quis. Nulla aliquet massa a felis viverra iaculis. Praesent ac tortor quis diam efficitur consequat non id eros. Nullam malesuada quis nisl vitae consequat.

best friend

name here

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel. Vestibulum laoreet tristique sem, vel malesuada nunc congue quis. Nulla aliquet massa a felis viverra iaculis. Praesent ac tortor quis diam efficitur consequat non id eros. Nullam malesuada quis nisl vitae consequat.

best friend

name here

why did you become a doctor?

“Why does anyone want to be a doctor? Ultimately, to help people. I want to find a way to cure or ease someone’s discomfort.”

Why are you working in the ER?

“The beauty of emergency medicine is that you can make a direct impact right away. Whether it is something simple like stitching a laceration, or just stabilizing a patient until they are admitted to another hospital floor, you have immediate results. I also love the variety that comes with the specialty. You see a little bit of anything and everything working in emergency medicine.”

hist.

hist.

scroll

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
  • FULL NAME
    NICKNAMES
    ROLE
    Alicent Joan Solace
    Ali or Alice
    Thirty-nine
    November 12th
    Cis. Female, She/her
    Bisexual
    Attending Physician
    FACECLAIM. Anne Hathaway
    HEIGHT. 5'8"
    HAIR. Dark auburn, usually straightened for formal events but left natural and curly for work.
    EYES. Brown
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES. Dimples, smile lines, big eyes
    SCARS. C-section scar and various small scars
    MODS. Standard ear piercings. A small tattoo of two swallows underneath her left collarbone.

LIKES. Coffee, reading, cheesy shows, animals, children, drives, sleeping, meteor showers, music, romcoms, thrillers, holidays

DISLIKES. Spoiled adults, migraines, hangovers, parties, lukewarm drinks, soggy food, loud people, workplace drama, bullies, talking about her divorce

HOBBIES. Knitting, puzzles, collecting records
    FEARS. Getting in a plane crash, flying

VICES. Perfectionist, judgemental, argumentative

VIRTUES. Passionate, determined, reliable

HISTORY. (2+ paragraphs please)

EXTRA. She used to work at a different hospital where she specialized in PEM (Pediatric Emergency Medicine). She's divorced (3 years now).

QUESTIONS.
    Why did you become a doctor?
    Recrossing her legs, Alice purses her lips slightly, clearly thinking about it carefully. "I think it was because of my friend in high school. She had cancer that she battled throughout the duration of school and I went to a few of her appointments with her. It was a weird feeling when I was there. I was scared and also felt a nagging sensation that seemed to tell me this was what I wanted to do with my life. I ended up deciding to pursue medicine after she passed away."

— "I have always worked in emergency medicine, so transferring to Columbia when a job opened up seemed like the right thing to do. Needed a change of scenery."

coded by social

Last edited:
dr. charlotte lovelace.
twnty-nine
oct 28th, 1995
female
general surgery resident
she/her
straight

faceclaim. lucy boynton
height. 5’7
hair color. platinum blonde when dyed / dirty blonde naturally
eye color. blue
distinguishing features. freckles
scars. arm scar from surgery and a scar on her forehead from the accident

likes. thriller books, surfing, caffeine, thunderstorms, the beach
dislikes. bridges, being late, feeling helpless, the desert, waking up early without any coffee
hobbies. reading, painting, gardening
fears. bridges, heights

vices.

difficulty trusting others: due to her past trauma and the loss of her husband, charlie struggles with trusting others and letting people in emotionally. she's wary of forming deep connections and often keeps people at arm's length to avoid the risk of being hurt again.

impulsiveness: despite her typically composed demeanor, charlie occasionally struggles with impulsive decision-making, her decisions are usually the correct ones but sometimes end up getting her in trouble.

self-blame: charlie struggles with feelings of guilt and responsibility for the loss of her husband and the trauma she's experienced. she often blames herself for things beyond her control, leading to self-doubt and internal conflict.

virtues.

compassion: charlie possesses a deep sense of compassion for others, stemming from her experiences. she empathizes with those in need and goes above and beyond to provide comfort and support to her patients and loved ones.

resilience: despite facing adversity and personal tragedy, charlie demonstrates remarkable resilience in the face of challenges. she refuses to be defined by her past and instead uses her experiences as sources of strength, pushing through obstacles with determination and grace.

generosity: charlie demonstrates a generous spirit, both in her professional and personal life. she willingly offers her time, expertise, and resources to help those in need, whether it's volunteering at a local clinic, supporting a colleague in need, or lending a listening ear to a friend. her generosity knows no bounds, as she finds fulfillment in giving back to her community and making a positive impact on the lives of others.
everything will be okay in the end.
and if it's not okay, it's not the end.

background.
charlotte grew up in the bustling city of seattle. she was the youngest child of 4 siblings to her parents eliza and thomas holloway. she grew up on the beach which ignited her love for surfing. even though she was the youngest to her 4 older brothers, she was the caretaker of them all. whenever they were hurt, charlie would step in and provide whatever first aid she could. charlie especially fell in love with medicine when her brothers went to the hospital and she got to attend with them. none of her family was in the medical field as her mother was a librarian and her father was a banker.
charlie, went to undergrad at columbia and then duke for med school. while at columbia, she met her future husband, james lovelace, and quickly fell in love with him. james, who was a new english professor, proposed to charlie and then moved with her to north carolina while she attended med school. they got married and only 2 months later, charlie found out she was pregnant. even though it was not optimal timing to have a newborn in med school, she was determined. but, when charlie was 7 months pregnant, the couple went on a weekend trip where there was a bridge collapse. their car was on the edge of the collapse and nearly ended up in the river. james sustained crush injuries. charlotte had a nasty concussion, a broken arm, and multiple cuts and contusions. charlotte provided aide where she could, even trying to get james out. james made it to the hospital alive, but the trauma team was unable to save him. the experience of losing her husband in such a sudden and traumatic event, coupled with her own survival and the desire to help others in similar situations, solidified charlie's resolve to specialize in trauma surgery. soon after, her son, miles was born.

why did you become a doctor?
"I became a doctor because I've always been drawn to the idea of helping others, especially since my older brothers were in and out of the ER with a variety of sports related injuries. But my journey into medicine took on a deeper meaning after the tragedy of the bridge collapse. Losing James was devastating, but it also opened my eyes to the importance of skilled medical care. I knew then that I wanted to dedicate my life to saving others, to honoring James's memory by making a difference in the world."
"The ER is where lives hang in the balance, where split-second decisions can mean the difference between life and death. With James, one of those calls meant death. After surviving the bridge collapse myself, I felt a calling to the fast-paced environment that is the ER, knowing that in here, I could make a real impact. Working in the ER allows me to use my skills to help those who need it most, to be there in their darkest moments and provide a glimmer of hope. Something that wasn't given to me."
what is your specialization?
"Hopefully, trauma surgery."
how do you intend to balance being a single mother with being a surgical resident?
"I was able to finish medical school with a newborn, I can handle residency with a toddler."
/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */
© weldherwings.

Last edited:

• cactus in the valley
      lights (ft. owl city)

name
      Fiona Adelaide Rickett
      nickname
      Fi, Finn, Finny, Ricky
      date of birth
      April Twenty-Eighth
      sexuality
      Bisexual
      pronouns
      she/her
      role
      Emergency Room Nurse
    left
    right
    coded by natasha.

Last edited:

• AivDuQq.gif
    VyNRUSK.gif

quote.

full name. jason thomas duveaux
    nickname. don't you dare call him j.t. other nicknames from his army days: dusty duveaux, dirty duveaux, dick-head duveaux, etc etc etc...
    age. thirty-seven.
    date of birth. 9/11. yep.
    gender. male.
    pronouns. he/him.
    sexuality. ladies only.
    role. attending physician / / trauma surgeon.

faceclaim. james badge dale.
    height. 6'1"
    hair color. brown.
    eye color. baby blue.
    distinguishing features. none.
    scars. two bullet wounds in the left arm, one on his torso, one along his hip, and finally one in the back.
    modifications. prosthetic leg.

likes. sleeping. hanging out with his cat.
    dislikes. when people who aren't the manager try acting like they're the manager,
    hobbies. reading. jogging. shooting.
    fears. shit, after nearly dying a thousand times, what's left to fear? "i dunno. rising interest rates on houses?" in all seriousness, this is a man that can sleep with every door and window of his apartment unlocked and be completely fucking fine.

vices.
    • marijuana. only on his off days.
    • alcohol. just about everyday.
    • cigarettes. he'll never quit.

personality:
    one thing you'll notice about jason, is that he's completely fucking un-phased by everything and anything. no matter how chaotic shit seems in the moment, he's usually pretty calm (unless someone really pisses him off), and keeps it together well. the second thing you'll notice about jason, is that he has a very dark, very fucked up sense of humor. though, for someone that's seen and been around a lot of death, what else can you expect? either way, do not let the patients hear him — he's had enough hr complains already.

other general things to know: easy going, down to earth, blunt as a mother fucker. is that guy that will call you out on your bullshit, and tell you to go fuck yourself for letting your pride get in the way of being effectively able to do your job.

uhhhh what else? he's chit-chatty, friendly, personable. an all around cool dude. seems like the sort of guy that never gets mad, that when he finally does get mad, you're fucking terrified of him.

other: definitely has ptsd from his combat experiences. while this is not something most people would see from him during work hours, he will, every now and then, go through long phases where he doesn't want to fucking talk to anybody. and honestly, there's not much point in trying.

background.
    jason is originally from richmond, virginia, but grew up all over the states (as well as a few years in saudi arabia, germany, and korea) as an army brat. both of his parents were in the army, as well as his grandfather. and while it wasn't expected for him or his brother to join the military when they came of age, their parents didn't dissuade them, either.

questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back