• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Divisa Terra Main Thread

Sea Jelly

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1563, chaos strikes in Europe. People died, disappeared, or went mad by the dozens. Eventually it was discovered that these events were caused by creatures, entities of all kinds, none of them natural in any way. It didn't take long before a new breed of humans appeared; Arcanes, offspring of human and the supernatural. These Arcanes showed their difference very young in age, but it was rarely a physical differentiation. Instead, Arcanes were born with powers, abilities that couldn't be explained by any normal human's understanding. Every Arcanes' abilities different from the last, but the main spectrum of their powers originating from their otherworldly parent.

It wasn't long before Arcanes were feared and, inevitably, hunted down. Of course, the Arcanes fought back, some humans banding together with them to form the starting of a rebellion. At first, they just wanted to gain laws that protected the Arcanes' right, but it eventually transformed to a rebellion attempting to overthrow the royal families responsible for the manhunts against them all.

The fighting between the two sides was devastating for every soldier, and anyone who was caught in the middle of their battles, or in the general vicinity. Whole buildings, even towns, were obliterated by magic, catapults, and ballistae. The civil war going on for years, a stalemate between unnatural advantages and overwhelming numbers. Neither side able to get an advantage on the other to finish the war, and defeat the opposing side for good.

Last edited:
Allucin arrives early in the so called mess hell of the hide out, not even going to the sleeping quarters after his little trip back to the family. Having left in the middle of the night, he didn't expect anyone to notice he had left like always. Not yet deciding to get his food he heads straight to his spot in the back of the room. Even though they all refer to it as a room, the mess hall and all the other "rooms" of the hideout are just different sections of the same cave, hollowed out by an Arcane who actually died months ago in a raid on the castle.

It wasn't long before Arcanes and humans alike pile into the mess hall, both to eat and just talk, not really having any other place to socialize and pretend everything is normal, that they weren't being hunted down and executed.

Last edited:
Natura sat next to the rather large rose bush in the garden. This bush was her prize possession, it grew as she grew. It was rather special as well. It kept her communicated with Allucin, the small unnoticeable thorn in his shirt, kept her knowing where he was so if something sudden happened she could get a message from him. She looked up, seeing a small bird made her smile. Even though hell was breaking outside, she was safe in here.

Eli Forge
OPEN
Eli had been up for hours, dusting surfaces and setting up tables. Nell Aldridge, member of the rebellion and owner of The Golden River, had been up even longer, but she was in the back doing the cooking. She'd tried to teach Eli how to cook a little bit, but he'd never really taken to it. It's not that he didn't want to, he really did, but he wasn't very good at it and Nell only had limited resources to let him practise. She couldn't have him poisoning her customers.

Now Eli was leaning on the bar, marking his schedule on a spare scrap of paper. He was only working until midday today, and Nell usually let him go early if there was some kind of emergency he could help with. Not that there often was an emergency that needed a nineteen-year-old's help. Nell and Deering had purposefully kept him from the last raid on the castle as well. He was still a little miffed about that. Sure, he might not have made much of a difference, but he still would have been doing something. It felt a little like he'd been cheated. For now, he just had to wait for the first customers. Drinking this early wasn't common, but people came here to eat.

Wé Calarook

Wé had been up for some time, wandering aimlessly around the halls. She had gotten used to the routine around here, making her way to the mess hall as she thought. Being new she had suprisingly been on many outing, though she assumed that was due to her abilities to shift and not much else. Not that she was complaining as she was glad she was of some use to the cause.

Making her way into the mess hall, tossing her blonde hair over her shoulders as she looked around. Today she chose not to shift into someone else as one it was tiring and two she decided to take a break. Although she felt far more comfortable being someone else than herself she knew she did not need to worry about prosocution from others, especially not here. She looked up to find Eli leaning against the bar. She had met him times before, and he seemed to be an okay guy. Sitting down she laid her hands infront of her as she watched him. "Good morning." Her voice was soft as it was morning, leaning her head on her hand as she spoke.

SecretRock SecretRock

Clair O'ReillyThe Crimson Terror

Clair had been up and patrolling the castle grounds long before the sun had a chance to rise, it was common place for her now. Oh yes, patrolling the over luxurious halls of the capital castle sure gave Clair the adrenalin rush she craved. At any moment a marble sculptor or fine vase could fall in her path and leave her with no other choice than to call for assistance from the maids core.

Clair moved along the same route time and time again, morning and night, from dust to dawn. It was exhilarating, which is probably why when Clair came to realise her shift ended more than an hour ago she exclaimed brilliantly "Fuck my life!". Ah yes, the words of a royal knight truly are inspiring.

None the less Clair let out a faint sigh and swiftly made her way towards her next task of the day, rousing Robin from his sleep and guarding him as he gets up to whatever it is he was planning to do today. In fact if yesterday was anything to go by he'd flail his sword around and attempt to pass it off as practice.

And so Clair knocked on his bedroom door, with an incredible bit of force and shouted "Up you get Robin, you have a sword to flail around and I think you call the other thing studying? Yeh studying to do !"

Hoki Hoki

Eli Forge
Aio Aio
"Welcome to the Golden River, Wé," Eli shot her a grin and pushed the paper under the bar surface. He leaned forward slightly, his face settling into a gentle smile that he gave customers, but a little more genuine since he knew and kind of liked Wé. It had been long enough for him to wake up properly so, if he wanted to, he would be capable of actual human interaction, though he half hoped Wé was here on some kind of business.

"Can we get you anything?" He asked. Nell could probably hear him from the kitchen and he'd get in trouble for not using proper etiquette even though the tavern was mostly empty. That question was the end of etiquette though, so he'd be free to ask whatever afterwards.

Wé tapped a finger on her lips to look as if she was in deep thought before she spoke. " Suprise me." She said, returning his smile as she tapped on the bar top with her fingers. She had found that unlike others she could actually tolerate Eli. Pursing her lips she leaned over in her chair as to attempt to look in the back knowing Nell would be listening, returning back to her normal position when she caught sight of them.

"What have you been up to besides serving drinks for the cause?" She asked, everynow and then a sigh would escape her lips as she was not fully awake. She pulled her long blonde hair up into a pony tail, holding it there for a moment as she stretched before she released it letting it fall back down around her.

SecretRock SecretRock

Eli Forge
Aio Aio
Eli chuckled at the question. He turned and quickly walked through the door to the kitchen. Nell was already plating up a couple of strips of bacon with a chunk of bread next to it. She handed it to Eli with a quick smile, and he returned to the bar, placing it down in front of Wé with some utensils. He moved to the side, pouring her a glass of water then just leaning on the counter again. He took a second to think.

"Well, a few knights came in the other day, found out about a raid they were planning. Got that information to the higher ups and there were no losses." He told her. "Aside from that, just serving drinks. You'd be surprised how useless and intoxicated royalist is." He joked. "Anything new with you and the rebel mass?" He asked, referring to the people who lived at headquarters. He did spend some time there, but the Golden River was more his home than anywhere.

Wé looked down at the plate and smiled as she plucked peice of bacon taking a bite as she sighed in content. Listening to Eli talk about the recent ongoings of Golden River. "No suprise there. Royalist are to caught up in their money to spill anything interesting." She spoke finishing off the piece of bacon before looking back over at Eli to answer his questions. "The usual things. Although I have been trying to convince the others to let me go in under cover but they're worried about my inexperience." She put air quotes when she said "inexperience".

"Have you eaten yet?" She asked as she pushed her plate towards him, a small smile playing around on her lips. "I will allow you to have one piece of bacon but no more." She spoke as if this was a negotiation although there would be no way she allow him to eat the rest of her bacon.

SecretRock SecretRock

Thankfully, he had been awake by the time Claire came to fetch him. Robin turned partially away from his desk, sending a look over towards the grand doors of his designated quarters with a small smile on his face. "As rowdy as ever.." the blonde breathed to himself.

Flail his sword? No, it wasn't that. From the perspective of a knight maybe it came off as such, but it was a style that was accustomed to Robin and he to it. It was a partnership with Angelus, really, though he would earn many concerned looks if he openly said that.

And studying - the "other thing" - was something you could do by the book or through experience. He dabbled in both forms. Rising from the chair, the young man came over to the doors and pulled them, presenting to Claire his cleaned, dressed, and neatly readied self. The knight was quite an interesting individual, the fact that she was an Arcane greatly reinforcing this thought, and didn't seem to care too much about what Robin did unless it threatened the Royal Family or innocents.

There had been times when he considered asking her about being an Arcane, but the blonde never acted on it.
The true subject of his studies, of his abrasion with the Duke -- it was all hidden from the family and its loyal servants, guards, and subjects alike. Asking about being an Arcane wasn't the most unheard of thing in the world, but frequently asking was.

"Good morning to you as well, Claire," he greeted with a warm smile, "How is your morning treating you?"

Uasal Uasal

Clair Was prepared to wait Patiently for Robin to stir to a wake but fortunately for her the boy was already up and ready for the day he had ahead of himself. In fact in Clair's opinion he was more than ready, seriously what in the name of the gods was he wearing ?
None the less it was not her place to talk on such a matter and as such she simply returned his smile and replied to his questioning "My day so far has been almost identical to that of yesterday, and the day before that, and yep the day before that too, so on and so on. In essence my day has been very boring so far, nothing unusual about that now is there"

With a soft sigh Clair moved to rub the back of her head saying "It's just not fair, You know that right? Just think about it, I'm stuck here walking up and down these halls day after day. Even when those below me prepare to fight a war on all fronts! I'm a knight Robin not some watchdog!"

With yet another sigh Clair pushed herself away from the wall and began walking towards the gardens "Look, I'm just in a bit of a rut. Don't mind me.... let's go practice your flailing..... that is what you want to do right ?"

With that being said Clair turned to look over her shoulder, offering her best attempt at a smile. It wasn't perfect but it was a somewhat decent attempt at masking her feelings. Perhaps she just needed to wait longer, surely shed be called upon to fight at some stage. Right ?

Hoki Hoki

Natura looked at her rose bush, "O sweet blooming flowers of mine. Show me as to where Allucin is" she cooed to her bush.
The vines, buds and thorns moved smoothly around each other. And finally making a map of the land she saw the rose bloomed a dark pink. Allucin was close enough she could send a few Silent Princesses towards him to ask how things were. But it was to talk to him, being as bored as she was. The princess was not back from her lessons yet.
Natura focused and saw one Silent Princess bloom, which meant Allucin would see some soon.
Sea Jelly Sea Jelly

Robin listened to her plight silently, not wanting to say anything in fear of further upsetting her. However, he understood both sides of it; Claire was no watchdog, her skills were apparent and unfortunately wasted on supervising the mere cousin of the princess (even if it wasn't for every hour of the day), but there was too much tension between races - even if they served the King and Queen! He had heard rumors that, aside from Claire being an Arcane, she was also... "unstable", whatever that entailed. It was a safety precaution, sure, but it was like trapping a restless lion in a tight corner. "I'm sorry, Claire.." said the blonde, unable to formulate any other words that could express his sympathy.

At the mention of his "flailing", the blonde nodded, starting out into the main hall. Frankly, he didn't want to practice his swordsmanship so early in the morning, but he chose to on account of two things. One being that, whatever excitement he was hoping to expect would come later in the day, and two being that Claire needed a distraction - an outlet, even.

"Yes," Robin confirmed, hiding his slight disinterest in the subject quite well, "Has your training been helping you at all?" His hand rested on Angelus' hilt, the sword at his side with a presence of its own; it was indeed a grand, beautiful weapon, something that he treasured immensely.

Hey, his grandfather had good tastes.

Uasal Uasal

Eli Forge
Aio Aio
"I have, but I'll take your bacon." Eli said, taking the piece she offered. He picked it off her plate and took a big bite of it. He could imagine the look of disappointment on Nell's face, but it was good bacon and he wasn't going to turn down food. He finished it in two bites, wiping the little bit of grease on his fingers onto his trousers. "Thanks." He told her, leaving the rest of Wé's breakfast to her. She would be the one paying for it, so she should probably be the one to eat it.

"But I gotta say, they might be right." Eli shrugged, "I mean, it's not like you spend half your life as someone else. What pretending skills could you have?" He asked. Wanting something to do with his hands, Eli reached for a glass. He put it on the lower counter, out of sight of anyone who entered, and began dismantling it. "I wish I could do more too. Information is important and all, but we don't get much useful stuff here." Several small, glittering shards orbited around his hand.

To be quite honest Clair had grown quite fond of the boy during her time as his guard. Sure he was annoying at times but ultimately he was bearable. He wasn't snobby, arrogant or presumptuous. He was more like the quiet kid at the back of the class room, the kind of kid that got on well with those around him yet at the same time focused on what he wanted to do. What he wanted to do was flail his sword around and look at books for hours but hey, who was Clair to judge.

Clair's train of thought came to an abrupt end when Robin apologised, It had honestly took her by surprise. Normally he took no interest in her personal life let alone apologised for the goings on within it. with a soft chuckle Clair responded "Don't you be getting soft on me Robin. Just go flail that expensive hunk of metal around like normal and act like your paying attention to my guidance".

With that being said Clair stepped aside and allowed Robin to take his position on the grass. It was only after stepping aside that she responded to his next remark "I train everyday no matter the circumstance, sure it helps relive stress but at the same time it is unwise to train while under stress. Fighting and training under stress is not healthy at all, or so I've been told anyway. So now that we've talked about me lets talk about you"

Hoki Hoki

Soft..? He chuckled at that, shaking his head dismissively as they left the halls and came to take sort of "usual" places in an open expanse of grass. Pairings often sparred off together here, which was why the abundantly beautiful flora that made up plenty of the castle's garden space wasn't very populous here. The early morning's sun was quite welcoming that day, warming the blonde to the core and beyond.

Robin drew Angelus from its sheath, the light glinting off of its pristine blade and giving it a dazzling sheen. His eyes fell upon the metal, gripping the hilt with both hands and taking the time to observe it. As chance would have it, it was not glowing.. Without a doubt, the sword's origin was definitely one of his study topics; unless he could find some "legend" to justify it, if the blade began to glow then there was going to be a problem.
However, it didn't change at all. He hummed thoughtfully, brow furrowing.

The blonde marquis snapped to a curious attention, vibrant olive eyes flickered over Clair. "Me?" he would repeat, "What about me?"

Uasal Uasal

Wé sighed as she listened to Eli tell her when the others had already said. Nodding to his words as she ate her food. Finally his speech ended and now she had the chance to speak. "I have a lot more experience being someone I'm not than you know." She muttered, which was true. In her time of hiding before the rebellion she had been an old widow who's husband had passed month ago, and orphaned boy who's parents were killed in a wagon accident and a middle aged man who was attempting to sell bonds. Wé was a master in playing pretend, she only wished the rebels could see that.

"List I know it would be risky but the best thing about my ability is know one really knows who I am. I feel like there needs to be a change in how we work cause so far all we're doing is handeling minor threats." Perhaps Wé was complaining but with Eli she didn't care. Watching him take a glass she sighed before she went back to finishing her meal.

SecretRock SecretRock

Clair stood silently a few paces away from Robin while he prepared. It was always the same with him, first he'd take his position upon the grass and then he'd draw his blade only to then admire it for half an hour. Yet after quite some time he eventually picked up on Clair had previously said. And of course he did so in quite a spectacular fashion, which in turn made Clair chuckle once again. "Well to start with why don't you tell me where you ran off to yesterday after I left you be?"

Clair stood loosely yet her voice and eyes showed how serious she was. In fact it wasn't until the boy fell into a period of silence that Clair began to physically show her seriousness.

Now speaking in a stern tone, with her body standing strong and resilient, Clair said "Once you've told me that why don't you try explain to me how you got that cut on your wrist"

With that said Clair moved her hand to a rest upon the hilt of her sword. It was plain to see that Clair was not going to be going easy on Robin should he decide to lie. "Did you honestly think I wouldn't notice? You know these little hero games you play, they're going to end up seeing you killed!" Clair's voice was harsh and metallic, she said what she meant and she meant what she said. Her eyes remained fixed on Robin, taking in every miniscule movement he made.

Hoki Hoki

Natura looked at the flower in front of her. Nothing yet. No reply no familiar sounds. He must be away from where she could bloom the flowers. Sighing, she stood up.

Her eyes turned to the other side of the gardens, where she heard a sharp tone. Curiosity took over her and she went over to investigate.
Uasal Uasal
Hoki Hoki

Eli Forge
Aio Aio
The door swung open and the shards around Eli's hand quickly flew back into a glass, maybe a little out of shape from the hurry but passable for normal. He pushed the glass to make sure it was out of sight as if the thing would give him away. A man walked over to the bar, tall and wide shouldered with huge bags under his eyes. A worker. He took a seat a few away from Wé. Eli grinned at the man who'd entered, taking his order of eggs. He moved to give the order to Nell.

"It's because we're young," he whispered to Wé as he passed. He leaned into the kitchen, telling Nell the order, then came back out. "Two minutes." He told the man, then went back to leaning next to Wé. "I get that. We need to do more," He glanced at the man and lowered his voice, "drastic things. Cut off supplies or something.

It would appear that this "practice" had a deeper intent. Frankly, Robin couldn't tell if the knight was calling him out over concern or control.. While he hoped the former, there was no guarantee that it wasn't the latter. Though he aimed to keep quiet on the matter - just as he had for the vast majority of his stay - it seemed like an answer or two was needed. However, he didn't appear standoffish or worried by this interrogation of growing intensity. In fact, the blonde seemed to become even more composed than he was before; unwavering, unfaltering, unmoving. His eyes were unreadable, his body language indecipherable, yet he conveyed enough through his speech.

"I spent my time among the people," was his response, remaining strong against such a piercing gaze and even picking his words with care without exhibiting any signs of extra thought - as if this was the 100% truth. It wasn't a lie, either. "As for the cut on my wrist.." Robin didn't even glance at the small wound in question, tilting his hand slightly so that the mark could sit in the light. "Well, you already answered that much. Slight heroics, really." Perhaps not.. It was more like a loony homeless man was bearing down on a girl he believed was an Arcane, but was not, and Robin's involvement in resolving the matter peacefully resulted in only a scratch that would heal in two days time. The man didn't want to hurt anyone, but was acting out of paranoia; he even apologized to the girl he accused, and to the blonde male as well. The perfect conclusion to an almost horrifying encounter, yet a sad example of the paranoia and unrest that sat in the hearts of all humans.

There were countless things he wanted to say in response to her final burst of anger, to show that he, like her, meant what he said and said what he meant on the subject. Despite the tension that sat in the air, the marquis was still capable of giving Clair such a soft and warm smile like it was in his nature. "Do not worry about me getting myself killed," Robin responded, his collected demeanor still unfazed by the Arcane's own enraged one. "I am more capable of taking care of myself than you may think.. Worry about My Lady--" His precious Aunt. "--the Queen--" His warm-hearted Grandmother. "--and the King--" His strong Grandfather. "--before you worry about me, a mere guest to the castle."

What he did of his own accord was something he took quite seriously, thus bringing on this more well-versed - and more natural - attitude. Though he didn't express it at all, there were some things he would continue to worry about, and the consequences those would bring.

Uasal Uasal

Wé pursed her lips as she heard the door swing open. Lowering her head she took interest in the price of bacon on her plate, ripping up the slices into tiny bite sized pieces. Glancing at the man only once, offering him a sweet smile before going back to her place of now ripped up bacon. Tilting her head her hair covered her face, rolling her eyes when Eli passed her, listening to his whisper.

"We have to make a statement. Hit them where it hurts." She whispered the last part of her sentence, taking a bite of bacon and toast. Then she got an idea. "Maybe if you come with me next time then they'll have to listen. They'll see it's time to change." She looked over at the man who had sat down from her and smiled as she seemed to caught his attention. "My parents... they simply detest the idea of adding on to our home for a sun room." Wé didn't wait to see if the man had bought her story instead she turn back to Eli, reaching to grab his hand as she gave it a soft squeeze. "Please?" She thought to give him the so called puppy dog eyes but she vowed never to stoop that low.

SecretRock SecretRock

Eli Forge
Aio Aio
Eli gave Wé a small, more sincere smile, then pulled his hand away to fetch the man's breakfast. The plate was a little hot, but he moves quickly. Giving him some cutlery as well, Eli waited to see if he asked for something else but the man just started to dig in. It was probably for the best he was so... Well whatever he was he wasn't giving much attention to Eli. One of the reasons they managed to get so much information there.

"I'll come." He told Wé. He didn't agree that they hadn't been doing enough, but they hadn't been doing the right things. It seemed obvious that full on assaults weren't working. They probably wouldn't. No matter how many of them there were, they would be at a disadvantage when attacking. "And who needs a sun room?" He added in a louder voice. He saw the man glance at them out of the corner of his eye. He didn't like the tavern being so quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back