• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Divinity Revoked (Small group RP)

Should I open up more roles?

• Yes! This is the most amazing thing I've read and I must be a part of it!!!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, this is a terrible idea and you would be lucky to fill the roles you have...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ms MistyEye

Premise
On February 6th 2020, at 2:34PM GMT magic was born into the world. No one was sure where from, or why but roughly 10% of the human population gained the ability to use magical powers with varying levels of potency. Five individuals rose from among these select few, with abilities and powers completely beyond human understanding. These five people took on the mantle of gods, adopting names from the pantheons of myth and working together to solve the great issues that faced the earth.

Within a month, Bumba, the new God of War and Peace, had established an unprecedented level of peace. Within two, Maenad, the new Goddess of the Harvest and Revelry had ended world hunger. By the Third Month ,Sol, The new Goddess of the Sky and Sun had cleared the atmosphere of greenhouse gasses and fixed the Ozone, slowly reversing the effects of global warming. In the forth month, Pan, The new Goddess of the Wilds and Nature had successfully cleared the endangered list as well as ending the meat industry by teaching humans how to produce synthetic meats. The fifth month marked a celebration as Lir, The new God of the Sea and Ground had successfully fended of earthquakes, tornadoes and volcanic eruptions across the world.

The world breathed a sigh of relief as after centuries of isolation, many felt that they were now safe, defended by true Gods. Many of the Global religions adapted their readings and interpretations to include the new Gods in their teachings. Each of the Gods also opened temples in their name, with one grand temple each in their country of birth. Within these temples, ordinary magic users congregated and devoted themselves to a god, pledging to uphold their views and work towards their goals, after training, their magic takes on the hue of their chosen deity. These magic users were given government recognised authority in most countries across the world, acting as a policing force motivated by pure morality.

However, despite the newfound peace, the New Gods and the new world order that they ushered in had several startling consequences. Many people were angered by their emergence, Big industries that were suddenly irrelevant, Crime syndicates, Religious Zealots all taking up arms in the face of these New Gods. The new world order would be tested.

Plot
The main plot of this RP will follow the story of Character A, a genius, entrepreneurial individual who decided to begin a news blog surrounding the Gods and magic users the day they emerged. Their efforts rewarded them with a massive internet following and they were quickly offered employment by a major news network and gifted their own daily show. Six months after the event, Character A is a household name, known for their fair approach to the Gods, noting their successes but also criticising the unfairness of their actions (i.e. the countless jobs lost by those in the meat industry).

After the initial success, Character A is joined by Character B, a good friend from back home with an aptitude for technology to act as his producer. The two of them live in a house together in Beverly Hills, enjoying their newfound fame. Character B's sibling/cousin (Character C) has recently moved in with the two, as an aspiring celebrity themselves, Character C is looking to start their career.

The three young characters are taken completely off guard when they awaken one morning to find Sol, the Goddess of the Sky and Sun passed out on their sofa. Upon waking her up, they discover that she has completely lost her abilities, her divinity revoked. After overcoming a stiff hangover, Sol enlists the help of the three characters to help her figure out what happened to make her lose her powers and track down the other Gods all the while being hunted by a mysterious new foe.

(Note: I'm toying with the idea of adding more characters, so if somehow all the characters are taken feel free to propose one that makes sense, I just don't want the RP to get too crowded."

Things to Note
- I am currently planning on writing a story based on this premise and would like to RP through it to help me with ideas and the plot. This means that while I am looking for competent RPers I would also like people who are happy to suggest plot points, critique the ideas I have for the plot going forwards and provide unique and beneficial contributions.
- I will be playing Sol in this RP
- I want to give complete creative freedom to everyone, hence why I have made all the characters really vague, any suggested alterations to the character roles I have proposed are welcome.
- The New Gods will be NPC's, played by me when/if they are encountered.
- Other than what I have outlined above and a few sparse ideas, the plot is largely up in the air.
- Magic within this RP will be somewhat limited. It can be used to fire concussive bolts, create shields, temporary hard light objects etc. For those of you who have seen Avatar, it is comparable to fire bending in it's use, just with coloured energy rather than fire itself. It requires physical movement to perform and as such is tied to physical fatigue. It can be deadly if the user intends to use it in such a way though it rarely is. Preferably within this RP I would only like one of the characters to be a magic user, at maximum two.
- I want this RP to be quite detailed so there will be a minimum 2 paragraph count for each post. A decent level of literacy is preferred.

... Any Takers?

I am interested in joining this rp, most definitely. I have my own character {albeit a work in progress still} that is actually of the Nordic Germanic mythology that might be able to add to it some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back