• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Divine Fools

Rantos

The man with 1001 waifus
To be cast away is a fate most unbecoming.
To become little more than redundant is in-ideal.
To idolize the needless is the fate of a fool.
To praise the withering flower is ill advised.

Those who fall from grace become little more then dirt.
Those who fall in emotion strong become consumed by false ideology.
Those who seek to perfect the world without perfecting themselves fall short.
Those few who dream will never wake.

And the few fools who act with passion can find a way to break the mold.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/divine-fools-character-space.321076/
Character sign up

"Hey Quon pick up the pace! Don't go slowing us down now!"

Quon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As always Quon was far behind his friends. The three walked the path to the main city, together they had planned to take the arcades by storm. With a small sum of sixty dollars collectively they had planned to spend all day there, until the sun could no longer be seen in the sky. The plan was to take place right after school, however Quon had remembered a moment too late that today was his turn to take care of the family shrine. He didn't think to mention this to his friends until they had all been let out after a day of learning. The shy boy was lost in thought, wondering how to bring it up, all the while lagging behind the others without being aware of it.

"Hey Quon pick up the pace! Don't go slowing us down now!" Hearing the somewhat shrill voice of the other boy in the group brought Quon's focus back to the matter at hand.

"Sorry guy's, I have to take care of the shrine today. I should get home."

"Ah common man! I'm sure your shrine can miss a day of cleaning."

"Why is that shrine so important? It's not even dedicated to one of the useful Gods." The usually quite girl chimed in. "I would understand if it were a shrine dedicated to the God of the winds or Goddess of nature. But the Goddess of Grass, is she even worth praying to?"

"It's not about that you guy's. It's about showing respect where respect is due. Excuse me, I'll pitch in double the money next weekend I swear!" With that, Quon dashed into the woods, there was a shortcut to his house hidden within the very same woods. He could hear the more boisterous of the two yelling about how Quon would have to pitch in triple next weekend. Quon was fine with that, it's not like he had much to pitch in this time around anyways, so triple was no big deal.

It took a bit, but after a jog though the woods, Quon had finally reached his home. His parents were gone, they would be gone all weekend as per usual. Leaving Quon with shrine duty, a job he did with gusto and pride. Quon wasted no time getting to work, he dropped his backpack off on the front step and got out his tools. It was a small shrine, so it was easy to maintain. Relight the candles, scrape the bird poo off the stone, rake the leaves from around the small statue. Although statue was a generous way of describing his idol to the Goddess of grass. Truly it was nothing more then a round stone with her name inscribed on it: Korra. But the candles were scented, something most shrines did not have. When Quon had finished cleaning he took a moment to admire his work. Not a single stain or disorderly spot remained, just as it should be. Then, Quon keeled before the shrine.

"Dear Goddess. It is in your name I pray... how ya doing?" The boy would then go on to strike up casual conversation with the shrine. Talking about his day, how thankful he was for her blessings so on and so forth. He would talk and talk and talk some more about things that seemed nothing more than nonsense. However Quon held a smile throughout the entire process. When he was finished, Quon lingered a little longer, head bowed, and whispered his final thank you's.

High Council of the Gods
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The answer is simple! We throw her into the mortal world!"

"I don't think we should be so hasty though."

"We are being as patient as we can with her! She is the one misusing her power and privilege as a Goddess!"

"Vandalism, random outbursts of anger, and a pretty disagreeable temperament... maybe it is safer to send her into the mortal world. Before she gives us all grass stains that never come out..."

The fate of a plucky young Goddess was to be decided here. Gods and Goddess sat in a circle, impassioned in their wild rantings, complaining about the many escapades of the rouge Goddess. It seemed as though each deity had a story to tell about the Goddess of Grass, Korra. Each deity had a different reason to find her annoying. They argued and debated but by the end only one God remained still vouching for her.

"I think she deserves a fair chance. We all have made mistakes. So she breaks an alter, what is that compared to us, us who have caused floods and war and famine."

"Please Kado! What's in the past is in the past."

"All those happened a year ago!"

"Kado. Our mind has been made up. We cannon tolerate a redundant Goddess thinking she can act without repercussion. You are to give her the news. Now go, this meeting is adjourned."

That was that, and Kado had no more say in the matter. Sad. Now he had to locate the unfortunate Goddess. When he did, the news would not be easy to break. Having omnipotence meant finding Korra was the easy part, which meant that hard part was soon to come. Should he get it over with quickly, or should he just do it? It would be like throwing a dirty sock into the used clothes bin. Only the sock and scream and has emotions, and will hate him forever.

Decisions, decisions.

Korra would soon find herself being tapped on the back by Kado, who would give her his signature bright smile and warm greeting before giving the news.

"Korra... I'm sorry to say this but due to your recent... outbreaks, you are hereby evicted from the holy grounds." He didn't like saying this, that much was obvious by the quite tone he took and the hesitance in his words. "But please, before you get mad and curse me with grass stains! I can't keep you here, but I can make sure you have a cushy landing and are welcomed into a nice home!" Kado was uncertain if he could truly provide both for the Goddess, but he didn't want to see her mad, so he tried his best to sound convincing.

"Also, one more thing... you have one minute until you are forcefully evicted from the Holy Grounds. Again, sorry about this!"
BrokenRemedy BrokenRemedy

Holy Grounds
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Korra was going about her usual daily routine. She had already replenished and manage the grass within the Earthly world. Both on their mortal islands, as well as lands below it. The young Goddess would spend the rest of the day pestering the other deities that walked the Holy Grounds, most of whom would look down upon her- especially after what she had done the day before. She had grown enraged when one of the torches for the wind God's alter collapsed and burned the grass in the area. Grass that she had spent a long time growing to perfection for her fellow God. In a rage, Korra's burning grass grew to the height of an average human, engulfing and killing those that had been worshiping the God at the time, as well as winding itself around the alter and rendering it unrecognizable.

A lot of the Gods and Goddesses that she usually enjoyed bothering weren't at their usual locations, but she didn't think much about this as she made her way into her favorite place to be. There was a small area within the Nature Realm of the Holy Grounds devoted to any shrines that the lesser known Earth gods had been given. Korra used to have quite a few, but with her lack of visitation, and reckless behavior, many humans turned away from her, seeking to worship other gods. However, there was one family that worshiped Korra, one that she had grown rather fond of as well. The Luon family. Even though their shrine to her was small, they always had such devotion. She walked by several shrines built for other Gods and Goddesses until she finally found her favorite.

A stone with her name on it. Smiling, she sat on the stone, trying to listen to see if anyone was currently praying to her. The sweet aroma of scented candles entered Korra's lungs, so she knew something was happening. She tried to focus her attention on the human world, shifting her visions between the mortal plane and the Holy Grounds, so that she could watch whomever was worshiping her shrine. Korra smiled when she saw the boy kneeling there, and heard his words to her. There was something about him that she adored, and often found herself responding to his questions in prayers, only to herself of course.

"I am doing well.. Though today has been rather dull." She smiled, before listening and communicating with Quon for the majority of his prayer, even though he couldn't hear her. Korra was startled out of her peaceful state of mind when she felt a tap on her back. The girl jumped, the grass around her standing straight up before returning to their normal position as she realized it was just Kado. By the time he explained all that he had to say, Korra was dumbfounded. "What?!" She asked, "I- I- That was an accident and you know it! No! I demand to speak to the council! I must have some sort of say in this! If you don't, then I'll... I'll give you eternal grass stains! The ones that don't wash out with even the Holiest of water!" She threatened, her temper rising as she glared at Kado. She had no intention of moving from her spot.

"Even if you do kick me out, what will stop me from coming back? I'm an all powerful Goddess, this is my home! Ask anyone! ...Actually, just ask my grandmother- the Goddess of Nature! She wants me to stay!" Korra exclaimed, not knowing that even the ancient Goddess voted for her exile. "You have no right to do this to me, Kado! I thought we were friends!" She exclaimed, stomping her foot. She was preparing for a tantrum any second now.

Holy Grounds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kado wondered who he should feel bad for, the soon to be ex-Goddess, or himself. On one hand the young girl, young for a Goddess at least, was about to be cast from grace. Thrown out and exiled without any more forewarning than a hand wave and a smile. The poor girl had been drunk on her privilege and was to be cast away just because she was redundant. It was truly pitiful, but on the other hand Kado felt bad for himself because an eternity is a long time to have a grass stain. Knowing the little Goddess would make true on her threat, Kado devised a plan to pacify her. At the very least he could make the redundant Goddess's time on earth a bit more comfortable.

"Please Korra," Kado began to try and reassure the girl with a calming voice. "Do not be so hasty. It's not the end of the world. Your new life may take some, adjustment, but this is for the best." Kado didn't take note until now, but he had noticed that Korra was looking down at a young man praying at a shrine. The only shrine dedicated to her for miles and miles around. A pitiful shrine when stacked against the shrines of other deities but it was quaint in it's lackluster appearance.

"Korra, we will be sending you there. I'm sure the boy will be more than happy to give you a place of residence. Stay with him until you get your barrings straight, then, form a new life. Make a good living for yourself. If it was up to the Holy Counsel you would have been dropped off in a ditch. I'm afraid dropping you at the boy's house was the best I could do. I am sincerely sorry." It was starting now. The air around Korra became heavy, as if trying to force the girl into the ground. Her skin would began to go transparent. But before she was exiled Kado would impart one last gift. In Korra's hands Kado would place a smooth stone.

"It's a good luck charm. Strange for a God to carry one around but keep it with you as you start a new life. Good luck!"

Quon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quon would be finishing up his afternoon ritual with a final deep bow that he usually put all his focus into. Thus causing him to not notice the Goddess in free fall above him until it was too late.

Holy Grounds
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No! I cannot survive down there! Those humans are so ungrateful! They do not appreciate all of my hard work. Without me, the grass will die! And without healthy grass, no one will have presentable yards or anything! Nature will be at a loss! A loss, I say!" She bellowed, dramatically, tall grass starting to form around Kado's feet. "Don't make me do this." She growled, prepared to give him one hell of a grass whooping.

Her look of anger slowly morphed into a look of confusion. "You're.. sending me.. to him?" She asked, unsure how she felt on the topic. On one hand, it would be great knowing she would have a loyal subject to serve her. But on the other, someone who spent so much time worshiping a stone probably wasn't all that bright. "You will regret this, Kado. You may not be getting grass stains, but I will be back. I shall come back stronger than before! And you will not be able to stop me!" Korra roared. She knew it wouldn't be long now, as she felt herself fading out of existence. Korra glared at the God, "I hope you're proud of yourself, you grasshole." She muttered the final statement as she gripped the 'good luck charm' in her hands, feeling the free fall begin.

Korra
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Korra screamed over and over again as she fell from the sky. She tried to do something to delay her fall, but the grass around her only grew about a foot, which wasn't nearly long enough to keep her from slamming into the ground. The boy seemed too focused on praying to her- which in any other circumstance she would be proud of- than to try and help her, so Korra braced for the impact of her body against the ground.

When the ex-Goddess hit the ground below her, the forest around her shook violently, a small crater forming in the boy's yard. Korra fought to remain conscious as she struggled onto her feet. As a Goddess, she wasn't used to feeling pain. And that kind of fall left her feeling like she had been through hell and back. However, in all honesty, she only had a couple of scrapes and bruises, as well as a minor concussion. Korra was quick to notice how drained she felt, as if the majority of her powers had been pulled out of her.

Standing several yards away from Quon was a girl who looked the same age as him. Her light green hair covered some of her scratched up face as she looked at him with the most innocently confused expression possible. The robes that she had worn as a Goddess had been reduced to rags, and the Godly aura that used to surround her had dimmed, and almost vanished. Korra didn't know what to say, all she could do was look at the boy- she hadn't interacted with mortals in so long.

Quon
---------------------------------------------------------------
The birds seemed to be chirping especially loud today. In fact Quon could hear the sound of a bird he had yet to hear before. It seemed to be coming closer and closer, making a shrill yet lovely "Shi" sound as it came closer, and became louder.

"Shi... Shi... Shit..."

Quon only put together the what was happening once it was too late. He turned his head to the sky just in time to see what was making the noise that Quon had previously thought was a bird. Rather than seeing a bird Quon witness a girl falling from the sky. She was moving so quick, and was already very close to the ground so Quon could only watch as she made impact with the ground, face first. But whereas Quon was expecting a splat followed by hours of clean up, the girl created a variable crater, and looked fully intact. Quon wondered if he should help the girl out of get a broom to sweep up the mess. He decided upon doing the former.

The girl got herself out of the crater, she seemed fine for the most part, she could stand at least. Quon looked at the girl before him with as much confusion as her. They stood for a moment, wordless, then Quon made the first move, steeping closer ever so slightly as if she was a panicked animal. In a world where Gods walk among men, this wasn't the strangest thing to happen, but Quon still approached the situation with cation.

"Hello? Ms? Are you, okay? Do you, need a drink?" It was clear that Quon was lost on what to ask, and was just saying the first things that came to mind.

Korra
-------------------------------------------------------------
Korra blinked at the boy several times, her head spinning as she tried to piece together what had just happened. She didn't even register when the boy spoke to her, only flinching when he stepped near her. "Fall.. from.. sky..." She mumbled softly to herself, trying to jog her fuzzy memory, "K..Kado..." She muttered, "Holy grounds.. Holy.. Holy Grounds!" It was as if she was insane, mumbling softly to herself and essentially ignoring the concerned boy before her.

Korra slowly looked back at the crater at which she formed, and then back up at the sky, before looking back to the boy. She had finally come out of shock, understanding all that had just happened in almost a matter of seconds. "...A drink? No! Why would I need a drink, peasant? I don't need your mortal substances to survive." She was getting back into her normal state of mind. "I am Korra. Goddess of Grass. I was ex- I mean.. I entered your world from the kindness of my heart. You worship me, and therefore I shall grant you with the best blessing of all..." Korra trailed off, an elegant tone in her words.

However, she quickly grew serious, looking him dead in the eyes as she said, "I am going to live with you for eternity." Korra didn't look much like a Goddess at all. Even Goddesses in their Earthly forms were more elegant and graceful looking than she.

"You are happy to have me, yes?" She assumed, not really caring if he wanted her or not.

Quon

There was no judgment from Quon towards the girl who had just fallen into his back yard. Even as she pattered on about nonsense to no one, Quon gave her his usual warm smile, maybe because Quon had seen stranger things, or maybe because Quon was just as crazy. Regardless Quon waited patiently as the girl got her barrings. It didn't take long however until the girl was screaming at Quon, calling him a fool for offering her a "mortal substance." The reaction caught Quon off guard but he could see why she would say such a thing.

She must have been more of a food kind of person.

Soon however she introduced herself as Quon's patron Goddess. There was not a moment of disbelief in Quon's mind, he watched the girl proclaim herself as the Goddess that he had devoted himself to all these years. Quon was awestruck, only able to grin dumbly. His smile only grew larger as the Goddess declared she would bless him, then larger still when she said she would be staying with him for eternity. She then asked a question, but Quon was too caught up in the euphoria to register it. Although it is foolish to believe a girl who falls from the sky so willingly, Quon knew it in his heart that this was her, this was the Goddess he loved with all his heart.

"So does that mean we're married?" There wasn't a shred of halfheartedness in his words, he was being completely earnest. Quon rose to his feet and gripped his Goddess by her hands.

"You're exactly as I pictured you! So earthy and green and pretty and green... and you smell like dirt!" While still holding both of her hands the boy bowed. "My Goddess, how shall I best serve you?"

Last edited:
Korra
The young Goddess looked at the boy, hopeful that he would have a positive reaction to her proclamation. As his smile grew, she became worried that it was going to jump off his face. She was proud to see that someone was so devoted to worshiping her, a reaction she wished she could get from all mortals. Korra waited for him to answer her question, furrowing her eyebrows when he responded with a question of his own. "Married?" It took the girl a while to register the word, but when she did her face curled up in disgust. "Why would I marry a mortal? That is a sin within a sin! I would never fall in love with a mortal, nor would I devote myself to them as a spouse. What kind of Goddess would I be if I did? A foolish one!"

Korra tensed when the boy grabbed her by her hands, shocked by the sudden contact. She couldn't tell if his words were genuine or not, but she assumed he was being honest when he called her pretty. Korra smiled when he asked how he could serve her. "Well...- Your name is Quon, correct?" She asked, trying to recall his name from his prayers to her, "I need your help. First of all, take me into your home and draw me a bath. Once I have washed up, we can discuss a.. plan of sorts. If you help me complete this plan, I will grant any wish that your heart can desire. But this will be no simple task, that I'm sure of." Korra was already planning a way to get back to the Holy Grounds. Living with the boy for eternity might not be a living nightmare, but it sure wouldn't be as good as returning to her own home.

Korra was already scheming a plan to get enough strength to re-enter the Holy Grounds, and she had a foolish mortal by her side to help her. The Goddess wrenched her hands free from Quon's grasp and made her way towards his house, the grass around the shrine growing ever so slightly as she passed by it. She looked back at the boy, smirking a bit, "Well don't just stand there! Serve your Goddess!" Her voice bellowed; she wasn't an angry Goddess, just a stern one.

Quon
Okay, not the reaction that Quon was hoping for, but nothing could bring him down from the the existential high he was on. His Goddess was standing before him in a way he never thought possible. Quon had never seen her in physical form, only heard stories from his parents, yet now here she was just as beautiful, and dirty, as he imagined. Although they could not be married, Quon could settle for roommates for eternity. After all, second best was same as first in this situation. The Goddess pulled her hands from Quon's and Quon vowed to never wash his hands again for as long as he lives.

Korra then began giving orders to Quon. It was so exciting to get his first order so soon after finally meeting his Goddess. Quon was practically bouncing in place with excitement for what was to come. She mentioned a bath, then a plan. A plan that would test Quon to his human limits, yet yield the ultimate reward. Any wish, anything Quon could dream of, she would give him. Maybe marriage was an option yet! But first, a bath.

"Right away Goddess! My house is there, just enter the door and up the stairs, listen for the room with running water when you get there!"

The boy then ran off into his small home. It was two floors and more than enough for three people, yet it was cozy in it's own right. In a matter of no time at all Quon had made it to his bathroom. His quest for marriage started here, with one choice that could make or break his relationship with his Goddess. Quon gazed long and hard at the two valves that controlled the temperature of the water entering the bath. Would the Goddess of grass like warm water, or cold water? Everyone loved warm water, but she was a Goddess, she wasn't 'everyone'. Maybe her preference of water was the same as grass it made sense logically, to Quon at least. Now what temperature water did grass like? Well, when it rained in his town, the rain was often cold. This thought led him to the conclusion that maybe Korra liked her water cold, so he made it cold...

Ice cold.

When Korra was to finally arrive she would find Quon waiting outside the bathroom with a fresh towel draped around his arm, ready for the taking.

"Milady. Your bath awaits."

Korra nodded, not bothering to thank the peasant boy. She took her time as she entered Quon's home. It was nice- not luxury, but quaint enough for what she could imagine a family to be like. Truth be told, Korra didn't have much of a family, all she had was the Goddess of Nature, whom she had assumed was her grandmother, just because she was old and earthy. That was the problem with the Gods and Goddesses, they were forbidden to experience love, be it with their own kind or even mortals. Korra had always imagined what it would be like to live in a humble little town and experience what it was like to be in a family, but she would have much rather enjoyed keeping her status as a Goddess.

The curious girl walked around the lower part of Quon's house, knowing it would take him a little bit to start her bath. She trailed through his kitchen, making her way towards his living room. She noticed a large black square (television) in the room, and made her way towards it, poking at the screen in curiosity. "What does this.. thing.. do?" She muttered to herself. On accident, Korra pressed the button on the bottom of the object, and the dark screen lit up with a music station on, playing soft jazz. She stumbled backwards, tripping over a coffee table and landing directly on the floor. Trying to hide the fact that she had basically broken his table because of her sudden fright, Korra bolted to her feet, panicking as she ran up the stairs.

Korra gained her composure when she met Quon's gaze. "Um.." She was trying to come up with a good excuse, "That mortal device of yours destroyed your den. I have no clue what that dangerous thing is." Unlike most of the Gods and Goddesses, Korra was the opposite of tech savvy. She didn't understand the purpose of technology, or why the Gods even gave the humans some of their power. "Your hard work has been noted." Korra told him, taking the towel from his hand. She wasn't one to thank others so easily, so this was as close to praise as Quon would get for her for a while. Trying to hold her head high, Korra stepped into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She looked at herself in the mirror, shocked at the person who stared back at her.

"I look like I'm a child! What happened to my womanly figure?! Where did my beauty go!" Korra sighed, in a 'woe-is-me' tone of voice, being completely over dramatic. Yes, she did look younger now, but she was no younger than Quon, and she still had some of her 'womanly figure,' just not as much as she was used to. "The Council will pay for this." Korra muttered, before getting ready for her bath. The second Korra plopped her legs in the water, she fell back, surprised at how painfully cold it was. Anger took over the impulsive Goddess, and without thinking, she stood up and stormed out of the bathroom, completely naked. "Mortal! How dare you try to poison me!" She bellowed, unsure where the boy went, "Explain yourself, you fool!"

Quon watched from the top of the stairs, he watched as Korra walked though his house. Just knowing that his Goddess had stepped into his house with her own two feet caused Quon's heart to skip a beat, seeing her walk further into his unworthy halls made his heart skip another beat, then it skipped one more as he watched her enter his living room. She was curious, and Quon wondered that caught her attention so. Carefully, so he wouldn't get the towel dirty, Quon began making his way down the staircase to meet with Korra. Right as he had gotten to the end of the stair case the boy heard a loud crashing sound, followed by a yelp, that was then followed by the unmistakable sound of wood breaking.

Quon rushed into his living room to see his Goddess on the floor and his coffee table broken. That coffee table, Quon knew it well, it was the one he made in fifth grade. As Korra rose from the ground she began talking about how dangerous the table was. Quon couldn't believe it, had he known he created something so dangerous he would have burned it years ago. Quon apologized profusely as Korra took her towel and left to enjoy her bath. Once Quon was sure she was in the bathroom he turned a vicious gaze towards the, now broke, table. Quon bent over and loomed over the table.

"Why would you go about attacking the Goddess like that? You know better, coffee table. I can hardly believe that you would even consider doing such a thing, let along actually go though with it. You should be ashamed!"

If coffee tables could feel emotions however, this one would feel no shame.

Quon would continue to berate the coffee table, at least until he heard Korra yelling from atop his stair case. First the table, and now even the bath seemed to have it in for Korra. Who would have thought normal house appliances could be so dangerous. Quon rushed to see what had troubled his Goddess so, only to find her standing at the top of the staircase completely naked. The sight was too much for Quon to handle, his brain was quickly overloaded as he tried to say something. But all he could do was point at Korra and babble nonsense.

"Uh, buh, geh, neh... hgh!"

Was all the boy could mutter before passing out on the spot, he feel backwards, eyes lolling upwards, and onto the unforgiving wooden floor with a grand thud. Without missing a beat, as soon as Quon hit the floor, clothes feel from the sky and landed on Korra's head. The sound of a man laughing filled the house, a bellowing laugh that should have been all too familiar for Korra.

"Please Korra, I know you are a Goddess no longer but show some dignity." In a flash of radiant light, Kado appeared next to the fallen boy. He was bent over and trying to tend to the overwhelmed Quon. "Well I surely hope this boy can get back up, I honestly started liking him a bit." With a snap of his finger Kado seemingly materialized a small wet towel out of nothing and placed it on the boy's forehead. "I think this is what the mortals do when they faint. Honestly I am none too sure, it's been a long time since I kept up with human customs." Now, Kano turned his attention to Korra

"It's been five minutes and you already made a boy pass out, you are just as much trouble as you were in the Holy Grounds. Well, no matter. Tell me, how is your first taste of mortality?" It's not as though Kado was mocking the poor Goddess, in fact it was an honest question. It would be easiest for everyone if Korra was at least happy in the mortal realm. If Kado could help make her feel more comfortable then he would.

A crease formed in Korra's brow when Quon passed out on the floor. Before she could even question as to whether or not she had killed the boy, a pair of fresh clothes fell on her head, causing her to panic and flop to the floor as well. As soon as she heard Kado's laugh, a frown- this time one that was more pouty than mad- formed on her face as she crossed her arms. "I have dignity! He tried to kill me!" She explained, pulling the clothes on as she looked up at Kado from her perch on the floor. She was pissed that he was laughing at her, but even more so that he had been stalking her.

"Go away, you basket." She snapped, trying to use mortal curse words, and obviously failing. To emphasize her distaste for Kado, Korra flipped up both of her ring fingers (as opposed to middle fingers because they all look the same to her) and stuck out her tongue. "I am not trouble, I'll have you know! I never was! I just make mistakes. Everyone does. A bunch of Gods have done stupid stuff, like.. like that one God flooded the whole Earth for crying out loud! I think it's because you guys don't like me. Is it because I'm fat?" She pouted, holding her already thin stomach.

Korra's rage had now become sadness, "I hate it here, Kado! The mortal realm is terrible! At least give me back my powers! I won't bother you in the Holy Grounds if you let me have all my powers back, please!" At that point she was begging, on her knees like a child as she gripped onto his ankles. Sure, Korra saw herself as high and mighty when she was around mortals or by herself, but when she was upset and around the higher Gods, she was pitiful. "Pleeeeaaaaaaseeee?" She asked, shaking his foot violently, like a child about to burst into a fit.

It was a pitiful sight, borderline offence in Kado's eyes, that a Goddess ex or not would act so undignified. It sickened Kado to his core. He gave a disgusted look at the girl groveling before him. He was only so angered because Korra was a Goddess, and the thought that a girl like her stepped foot on the Holy Grounds sickened him. But, then again, maybe Kado was getting into one of his overly cynical fits. He often forgot that it was hard for the rest of the world to remember to act with utmost gracefulness. It was hard for Kado to step back and remember to not be so critical of others, something he did all too often. But it was easy to forget to not be cynical when the world is just so full of effrontery.

"Please Korra... a bit of decorum goes a long way." Korra looked as though she was about to cry. Kado helped the poor Goddess up, all the while handing her a handkerchief in case she really did start crying. Kado could hardly handle the groveling, if Korra started crying Kado was pretty sure he would stuff her mouth with an apple.

"Okay, I see now the sorry state you're in. Allow me to help. I'm not allowed to tell you this, but you can gain your powers as a Goddess back if you can convince others to follow you." She may not be allowed back in the Holy Grounds, but at least she could be an earth bound Goddess, maybe then she would be happy, which in turn would satisfy Kado. Kado wasn't Korra's biggest fan, but he had given her many chances, and defended her right to stay in the Holy Grounds many times. Kado himself was a firm believer in second chances. But Korra had squandered five chances too many. At this point all Kado could do was try to make her happy on earth. Without kicking her in the face out of frustration.

"Now please, put some clothes on and get a handle on yourself. You may also want to call an ambulance, you may have broken that boy's psyche." The boy in question, Quon, was beginning to stir at the bottom of the staircase. Before Quon could arise however Kado began to take his leave, he went down the stairs and opened the front door but before he left completely he spoke once more. "If you require me, rub the stone I gave you. But I cannot promise I will answer every time."

The girl knew Kado hated it when she begged, which is how she knew she would either get pity, or hate from him. Meaning he would either help her, or disappear- both sounded perfect to her. Korra faked a sniffle as she dabbed her still dry eyes with the handkerchief. "I'm sorry, I'm just not used to this hateful, evil world. Why does it exist anyway?" She pouted a bit, knowing he wouldn't answer her. Kado had caught her attention when he seemed to have shown her some mercy. Her face ignited in a youthful excitement, like a child who had been given a chocolate bar.

"Oh, Kado! Thank you! You're too kind!" Korra smiled. "I will get my followers back! You'll see! I already have one!" She smiled, pointing at Quon, "If he's still alive." When Kado prepared to leave, Korra shrugged, "He's fine, mortal's are strong, it's not like I cursed him or anything." She mumbled, looking at him as he left, "Thank you, Kado!" She smiled, her mood becoming cheerful and optimistic once again. Her plan was becoming a whole lot easier. With that, she made her way back into the bathroom, drawing a warm bath this time and getting herself clean. When she had finished, Korra got out and put on the clothes Kado had given her, putting the stone back in her pocket and wringing her thick mess of hair in a towel. She laughed to herself when she looked down at the white towel, which was now stained green from her hair. "I might be weak, but at least I still have my grass stains from Hell." She hummed to herself, stepping out of the bathroom and heading back downstairs to see that Quon wasn't at his position on the floor anymore.

"Oh, loyal follower~" Korra called in a singsong voice, wondering if he was okay- and more importantly- where he was. "Quon! I'm clean now." She called, looking around for the boy. Obviously not looking hard, Korra gave up and flopped down on the surprisingly comfortable couch, the black square from before still playing soft jazz music. She hummed along to the rhythm of the song, trying to be patient as she waited for Quon to arrive.

Quon had finally awakened not long after Korra returned to the bathroom. The boy rose in a haze, confused and lost. What was he doing on the floor again? He could hear the faint sounds of running water from above, Korra must have been in the shower. Could he have imagined seeing Korra bare, had she even left the bathroom at all? Although Quon was unsure as to what exactly happened, he knew that regardless his Goddess was still under his roof and he had yet to offer anything to her. He had to prepare an offering, less he be branded as an ungrateful house guess. But what to make? Surely she would enjoy something sweet, everyone loved a nice sweet treat. Quon recalled a recipe his mother would regularly make, a special chocolate pudding pie called Mud Pie. But such a simple treat on it's own wouldn't suffice as an offering to his Goddess, Quon would have to make this one special. Maybe because Korra was the Goddess of grass, she would appreciate a more earthy taste. The next question was how to achieve that taste. Potatoes had a nice earth taste, carrots too, but those wouldn't work with chocolate pudding. Quon thought and thought, and thought some more. It didn't take long until the answer hit him, it was so simple, after all the pie was aptly called Mud Pie.

"Are you sure we should be breaking and entering?"

"It's not breaking and entering if the doors unlocked. Now let's go."

Kala led the charge into Quon's house, opening the front door and entering without hesitation. Shara followed closed behind the excitable boy, entering carefully and removing her shoes as to not track dirt. She felt comfortable with what they were doing, but only because Quon was a good friend. Gods know however that Kala would enter any door regardless of whose house so long as it was unlocked. The two heard music coming from the living room, Quon's favorite station played the smooth jazz he loved so very much. Kala peeked into the living room but hid behind a lamp that did little to actually hid him from Korra. He whispered none too subtlety to Shara who at this point was in the living room.

"Yo, who's greeny? Friend of Quon's?"

"I'm not sure, but I think it's rude to call her greeny."

"Hey I call em as I see em."

Shara's eye rolled as she ignored all futher comments from Kala. She made her way to the girl siting in Quon's living room and introduced herself. "Hello. My name's Shara and the weird one over there is Kala. Are you a friend of Quon's?" The two would wait for Korra to give her response before Kala would come out from behind the lamp and join them. Kala then pulled out a deck of cards and began to shuffle skillfully. Without looking at the cards he spoke to Korra.

"So what's your name? And more importantly do you know how to play strip pok-" Before Kala could finish his sentence Shara lodged her elbow into the young boy's side, causing him to fall out of his seat and into the carpeted floor which in turn caused the cards to fly haphazardly into the air. Before Kala could recover and Shara apologize Quon came into the room with a large smile and a cake in his hands.

"I have made you a pie Goddess, please, enjoy it!" Quon held the cake and gave Korra a fork with which to take bit from the whole. He didn't notice Shara and Kala until Kala began groaning in pain on the floor. "Oh hey guy's." Quon greeting them with a chipper tone. Shara responded with a nod and a smile, and Kala responded by groaning again and giving a thumbs up. "Please Goddess, enjoy!" Quon reiterated. The boy was practically bouncing with glee. He couldn't wait to see how much Korra loved the special pie he made. He worked so hard on it and practically poured his heart and soul into making it. After all it was very hard to rework the recipe to include the addition of actual mud.

Korra tilted her head to the side when she heard the door to the house open. Maybe it was her loyal follower coming to shower her in praises. However, to her surprise it was two strangers- who seemed perfectly willing to follow her to the ends of the earth. As the boy entered the room, trying to hide behind a pole, Korra furrowed her eyebrows and stared at him a bit. 'He must be shy, being in the presence of such a divine Goddess as myself.' She thought to herself, smiling a bit. However her smile faded into a scowl when he called her greeny, sticking out her tongue to the ignorant boy,

"Hello, mortal." Korra grinned, crossing her legs with pride. "I am not a 'friend' of Quon's. I am his Goddess. He is my follower." She said simply, frowning once again when the ignorant boy made a comment about something called 'strip pok,' something she was unfamiliar with. Korra laughed when Shara elbowed him, revealing her first genuine smile. Eventually, Korra stood to her feet, pacing around the room as she dramatically moved her hands to and fro. "I, mortals, am the great and all powerfully Korra! The Goddess of Grass! I have descended from the Holy Grounds and have bestowed the young Quon with the gift of my eternal presence. In return he has pledged his loyalty to me!" She smiled, proud of herself.

When she had finished her mini speech, she walked over to Kala and picked up a card, sitting next to him. "I do not know of what you are speaking of. But if you pledge your loyalty as one of my followers you may teach me how to play." Clearly Korra didn't know how making deals worked, but hopefully her offer caught his interest. Korra's head popped up when she finally noticed Quon holding out a chocolate pie to her. The girl smiled- she had always heard of the wonders of chocolate.

"I think I will!" Korra smiled, taking the cake from him and scooping it up with the fork. She took a bite, her excited smile slowly becoming a frown. Despite being disappointed, she still swallowed the dirt. "Foolish boy. I may be the goddess of grass, but I am not a plant! My human form requires me to eat what you eat, and dirt is not one of them!" There was a short pause between her words, "..Although the aftertaste is rather tasty.." Korra shook her head, trying to focus back on their visitors.

"Anyways, Quon, are these your friends?" She asked him, "Will they serve me, too?"

As Korra seemed to be preoccupied with Quon and his treat, Kala took this chance to whisper into Shara's ear.

"So do you think we walked in the middle of some kinda strange role play?"

"You know Kala in this day and age Gods walk the earth all the time. There is a chance this girl is really a Goddess."

"Or a bum with a bod trying to freeload off Quon."

Their dialog was soon cut short by the sound of yelling adjacent. Korra seemed to dislike the pie that Quon had brought out. If only Shara and Kala had noticed earlier, they would have warned the poor girl that Quon couldn't cook. Even if Quon hadn't used mud as a substitute for chocolate pudding, he would have found another way to ruin the dish. Kala was still sure that he still had some leftover radiation from their last taco night. The clueless boy, Quon, felt shame for his actions. That was twice now that she had come under stress because of his actions. He thought about how to make it up to her, but he was hesitant to even apologize to the Goddess because he feared that somehow he would mess up again. Quon let his head hang low, he bowed to his Goddess, hoping to gain even a small amount of forgiveness.

Kala hated seeing Quon this way. It was rare to see the boy so full of honest remorse. He watched as Quon gave a simple yes as an answer to Korra's question. It was a pitiful show, and Kala had to do something.

"Welp! Deity or no you must be hungry for some real food Korra. Quon common, let's fix up a pre-dinner snack!" Kala practically dragged Quon back into the kitchen. The two got to work, crafting a culinary master piece, leaving Korra alone with Shara. Shara hadn't taken her eyes off Korra, she gazed at the Goddess with cold piercing eyes. Shara's gaze never broke away from Korra's eyes.

"I'm going to be honest with you, something about you rubs me the wrong way Korra. You seem like the type of girl who has an ulterior motive. Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I don't like how a total stranger is commanding and berating my friend, or maybe I am right to assume there is something more to you. I've never been a fan of you God types, you are always hiding something. So, am I right in assuming there is something you're not telling us."

Shara's body was tense, anticipating and watching for Korra's next move. Shara had never been one to openly trust a God, and Korra's reason for being down here seems a bit, weak.

Korra heard every word that Kala and Shara where whispering to each other, but she didn't care. She was upset that the boy couldn't simply make food for her. However, she felt a small pang of guilt in her stomach when she saw how sad the boy looked. She placed a finger under Quon's chin, tilting it upwards so he could look at her as she forced a smile. "I do enjoy your eagerness to please me, and I will be sure to reward you in due time." She smirked, ruffling his hair as he was pulled away by Kala. Korra leaned back against the couch, accidentally falling over it and onto the ground. She hopped up to her feet, casually playing off the fall as she sat down on the couch with as much grace as the natural born clutz could muster.

She finally took notice of Shara, feeling discomfort as the girl stared at her. She didn't seem as eager to follow her as Quon was. However, the second that Shara began drilling her with questions and accusations, Korra didn't know what to do. Somehow, the girl was onto her, which left a sour taste in her mouth. "How dare you assume that I- Korra, the Goddess of Grass, would lie to an innocent mortal such as Quon? He is the last of his kind, the last of the mortals that still worship me. So I decided to stay with him on Earth so that I could be closer to his loving presence, as well as gain more followers from here." She explained, not exactly lying, but at the same time still hiding the truth. Korra crossed her arms and pouted like a child.

"I don't think Quon would like it if he found out that his best friend is harassing his Goddess like this." She grinned manipulatively. Korra usually had some liver of respect for mortals, but this girl rubbed her the wrong way. "And besides, Quon wanted to serve me. If mortals don't know how to do their job, they get punished. But if they do, they get rewarded." Korra was speaking about humans as if they were pets that needed training, and she didn't care what Shara thought. After a bit of silence, Korra spoke up again, "I have nothing to hide." Was all she said, ignoring Shara's gaze as much as possible.

Shara felt her anger rise with every word that came out of the prissy Goddess's mouth. It was insulting to Shara to hear someone so entitled as this or any deity. That's what made her the most frustrated, the way that every last God and Goddess talked. They all spoke as if they were the hottest thing on the block. As if they were truly better, as if they were flawless. Shara couldn't help but to clench her firsts tighter and tighter, resisting the urge to punch Korra in the face. The Goddess did have a point however, she had immunity, Shara couldn't touch her because of how Quon would react. She would have to play nice, but the thought of playing nice with a Goddess sickened Shara.

"You know why I don't like your pompous kind? It's because humans are nothing more then a number to you all. A God doesn't show themselves out of kindness, you want something. You all want something... I'll play nice, for Quon's sake, but I thought it would be nice of you to know that going forward, I don't trust you in the slightest."

There was a sudden crash from the kitchen. Followed by the sound of glass breaking, followed by Quon screaming and Kala calling out to Shara and Korra. "Everything it mostly okay! No need to check on us... please don't check on us!" As the sounds of chaos ensued Shara didn't flinch in the slightest, she held her gaze locked on Korra.

"Don't mind them, this happens every time they enter a kitchen together."

"I think I broke my leg Shara!"

"Oh for the love of!"
and with that Shara jumped of the couch and ran into the kitchen.

In the kitchen Quon seemed to be in a dire state. His head was stuck in the microwave, his leg was wrapped in tinfoil, there were wooden spoons in his other pant leg and a cheese grader seemed to replace his shoe on his left foot. There was all manor of juice on the floor, a broken plate in the sink and the freezer still open. Kala seemed to be in the middle of cheerfully mixing a viscous green fluid in a big bowl. "See, I told ya we were fine. Pass me the pepper will ya." Shara was hardly stunned, she did as Kala wished and got the pepper. Before the hand off however Shara loosened and removed the cap, before throwing the open bottle into Kala's face. Getting pepper on the floors, counters, in the bowl and most importantly in Kala's eyes. It took a moment for the pain to really sink it for Kala, but when it did it sunk in hard. The boy began freaking out, yelling and scratching at his eyes.

"Kala, are you okay? I hear screaming!"

"I can see paaaain!"

The pepper eyed boy then dropped to the ground, trying to remove the pepper from his crying eyes. While the scene unfolded before the two Shara turned to Korra. "Okay, differences aside, you get Quon out of the microwave, I'll try and fix Kala."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back