• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mook-LandStrider

You dare mock the son of a shepherd
There was far more stuff stacked within her room than she thought. Things were stacked and scattered all about her room in a pattern that made little to no sense. “Ugh… what a mess.” Aurora said looking back to the door to her room. Into it walked two movers carrying her bed frame. “Uhh… just leave it over there…” She said waving in a general direction with her hands. “Ill deal with it in abit.” Aurora chided out before walking to the side to let them put it down. “Actually, I want you to assemble it. I could probably figure it out but… meh.” She mumbled out towards the end.

The two movers looked at each other before looking back at her. She stared at them for a long moment, expecting them to just do as she asked, everyone always seemed to just do as she asked. But as she stood there for a few seconds longer she realized they thought she was a little crazy. “That's not our job.” one of the men said, making Aurora nod “Yes, well that's all fine and dandy but I want it put together, like.. now.” She responded with abit of authority in her voice.

A small burst of light emanated from her eyes before the men shuddered. “Wha…” one of them said before turning to look at the other. They both stared at one another for a long second before turning at the same time to kneel down and begin to assemble the bed frame. Not realizing what had happened Aurora smiled and clasped her hands together “Awesome! I really appreciate this!” She exclaimed before walking out of her room and into the living room of the small house.

The living room was sparsely furnished and largely empty, the previous tennants having taken all the furniture. Within was a small couch, a loveseat and a table with no chairs. Still, its was far better than nothing. Around the room were several hanging lights and a larger hanging light coming down from the high ceiling where a skylight opening was located.

The lights flickered a few times making her glance up at them, wondering what it was. They continued to flicker, getting worse the closer she got to them before she reached out a hand and touched the side of the light. The light stopped flickering before bursting suddenly, making her cover her eyes and duck. Shocked, she peered up at the now broken light and stared for a long second, “Ooooo…… ok..” the other lights stopped flickering at last leaving Aurora standing there dumbfounded and a little worried about the state of the wiring within the house.

Pushing the event from her mind she wrote it off as coincidence before going to the front door. Standing in the doorway she saw another moving truck approaching and wondered if it was her roommate. She had known the other girl for a few months, having been to a few parties together as well as seeing her at some of the gigs she and her band played. She didn’t know her all that well but knew enough to know the girl wasn’t some crazy bitch that would destroy the house or try to kill her in her sleep. Still, there were quite a few unknown variables but she didn’t let them get in the way of an affordable place to live.

Dartwind Dartwind

Jessie’s belongings, in contrast, were shockingly well-organized.

Everything had a place, with each box being labelled according to its contents and stacked according to weight and fragility. The heavier items took residence by the front of the moving truck and on the lower levels, while the lighter objects made themselves at home higher up and towards the back. All the boxes were packed tightly and strapped down to avoid slippage during the drive, as Jessie had no idea what sort of stupidity she'd have to put up with on the road. She had thought about nearly everything in the move, having paid for a U-haul truck and done a good fraction of the whole "moving" thing herself. She was fairly strong, efficient, and decent enough at driving that she turned up her nose at the thought of spending more money to buy extra help. It was a bit ironic, almost, that the longer she spent on Earth, the more attached to its currency she became.

She fully blamed the humans for the world's capitalist influences on her. Humans were irritating little creatures, lacking much to make them interesting aside from intelligence. Though, Jessies supposed it was only natural. She'd met much more fascinating sentient creatures, ones that possessed much more interesting attributes (such as flight, telepathy, and elemental control) and were aware of the universe and their places within it. They were respectful, poised, and not at all crass. Humans, well... lacked that. They were selfish little creatures, and they stunk to high heavens. Their body odor was frankly revolting, and their complete lack of understanding of the universe made Jessies want to put her head through a wall and scream. Sure, Jessie was patient, but how patient could one be with hairy, smelly beasts that seldom did more than complain and attempt to one-up one another?

With a sigh, Jessie slumped back against the driver's chair. Universal ponderings always put her in a gloomy state of mind, and she simply couldn't afford to make a bad impression as a roommate. She shook her head to rid herself of the thought and turned her attention on the road. Jessie was close to her destination, and she needn't miss a turn now. She flicked on her turn signal and accelerated once the human "traffic light" turned green. So far, nothing had been as aggravating in the realm of humans than their pathetic ability to drive. Jessie took great joy in slowing down suddenly on highways just to watch the idiot humans in back of her swerve to avoid colliding into her vehicle. What rash little beasties. She mused, smiling to herself as she slowed down once more and turned into a small driveway located in front of an equally minuscule house.

Checking the address one more time to confirm she'd arrived at the correct house, Jessie parked the truck and exited, stretching her arms and legs as she stood. The residence was... adequate, she supposed, though her housing was the least of her concerns. She could take up residence in a ditch, for all she cared, so long as she completed her mission. It had been delayed far, far too long, and the elders had begun to grow impatient. Jessie was not planning on failing them, and while she wasn't so brazenly stupid as to barge in an declare herself and her mission to all whom listened, she was growing restless, too.

With that in mind, Jessie donned an easy smile and approached the front door of the humble house, rapping her hand against the wood twice to announce her presence.

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Hearing the truck pull up and stop Aurora watched intently, her mind seeking to take in everything she could about the people coming out. She waited but was shocked to see only one person come out, a woman. Pressing herself against the slit in the door she stared somewhat awkwardly down as Jessie came up to the door. She ducked down a moment later and waited for Jessie to knock on the door. Hearing the knock a second later she opened the door wide.

“HEY! Im Aurora.” Aurora partially shouted at Jessie as she stood in the doorway. “Whatcha bring? Things are kinda crappy inside in terms of furniture but I think anything you add would be good for now. Even if it doesn’t match.” She spoke up before slipping by Jessie and walking back to the truck. “Did you bring any movers? Or do you not have that much with you?” She continued on press, her mind going somewhat whacky.

Opening the back of the truck she peered in, somewhat gawking at the nature of how it was packed. It was worlds better than anything she could have done on her own. “Wow, this is really neat. I uh… I guess I know things will be in their place. Will have to work on not leaving things around. Will that bother you much?” Aurora said shouting out to her.​

Jessie winced lightly as Aurora practically yelled in her face. She had met and conversed with the woman several times, but every time the ball of energy known as Aurora spoke...? Jessie still found herself blown away by the sheer amount of energy the girl possessed. Mustering up a small, polite smile, Jessie nodded, "You are indeed Aurora, yes. I am Jessie, if you had forgotten."

Jessie figured it wasn't too out of question for the girl to forget her name. She was constantly in the middle of a chaotic ball of energy that even made Jessie a bit tired when she looked at it. Jessie supposed it made sense - if Aurora was who she was truly searching for, that big ball of sheer energy would be exactly what Jessie needed to enact "The Plan." Said plan had been delayed quite a bit already, sure, but Jessie wasn't about to make a mistake that'd cause everything she'd carefully prepared to come crashing down.

So she played the casual game of watch, wait, and listen. Hearing Aurora's question brought Jessie back to the present, prompting her to look at the truck, back to Aurora, and then back to the truck again, "Mm, I brought many items. I would estimate over five hundred, though some, such as pencils and utensils, are rather small. I have brought a few furnishings, too, though I don't have much preference for what is used within our housing unit."

Jessie blinks at the idea of hiring human movers to do her work. She possessed basic telekinesis and strength far beyond a humans, as all beings of her caliber did, and frankly? She didn't trust the clumsy human-folk to not destroy her belongings. Jessie shook her head, "No, I don't trust their abilities. I am... efficient, one could say, at moving items of this size in and out of spaces."

Jessie grimaced when Aurora opened the back of the moving van. She hoped her own ambient aura would stave off any wild chaos energy that threatened to ruin her perfectly packed cargo. Approaching the van, Jessie sighed, "Oh, it's more for practicality than anything else. I don't mind a mess, but please... allow me to move my own things, yes? I am... particular, one could say, and so long as my things are not disrupted, I have no qualms with how you keep your own belongings ordered... or unordered, should you wish it."

Jessie strode forward and pointedly grabbed one of the nearest boxes, eyeing the door, "Shall I move my things inside? I am unsure of where I will be setting them up, so your guidance would be much appreciated, Aurora."​

Watching as Jessie fetched the first box Aurora turned her attention towards the people putting her bed together. Walking back into the room she found the two men completely gone with no trace of them remaining in the room. The only sign of them having ever been there was the fact that the boxes were in the room and definitely didn’t move themselves and the bed in the center of the room completely put together and left alone. Aurora seemed perplexed at this and looked back toward the door. She hadn’t heard them leave and they didn't take the truck. Swallowing hard she stepped into her room a few more steps and peeked around every corner.

Somewhat worried about the fact that there might be some burly men free inside her home she closed her room's door and walked into the main part of the house just as Jessie came to the door. Still seeing no sign of the two men she went to the back door and found it still to be locked. Having looked about the rest of the living area she looked to Jessie's room but it was still closed just as it had been. “Well, I guess you’d take everything to your room.” Aurora spoke up. She opened the door up and peered inside looking for any sign of the two men but was met with a completely empty room.

“Ooookay here it is.” She said before walking away to let Jessie put her things down. Walking back to the door she watched the two men walk out from her once closed room. The sudden appearance of the men as she walked by the door managed to scare the hell out of her. A sudden bright blink erupted between the two men and they were gone once more but this time the residual scent of burnt organic matter remained making Aurora gasp. The scent persisted for a few moments before dissipating. She was used to weird things but this was the first time anyone had ever disappeared, or were they ever there to begin with? Was it the THC? Did she end up accidentally taking acid? She wasn’t entirely sure but felt that they were real at one point.

Walking outside she saw that the moving van was now gone leaving only Jessie's truck in front of the home. Pursing her lips she came to the conclusion of them having left. “Right..” she mumbled before turning into her room to begin unpacking things. She sifted through her belongings and began to take things out. Setting them about she put her TV up and pushed her bed into the corner. She looked about at what she had done so far and it looked like a rats nest now instead of a ton of stuff strewn about. It wasn’t perfect but it was good enough for her to not worry about it as much. With that taken care of she felt her stomach rumble. Walking out of her room she walked up to Jessies door and knocked on it "Want to split ordering some food." She asked through the closed door.​

Jessie was flabbergasted by the sheer absurdity of the situation she'd found herself in. Sure, chaos was to be expected, and moves were unfortunately difficult, yet... Aurora was something else entirely. Jessie was perceptive - the life strings of the men in the house were always there, floating just below reality's surface, uncomplicated and easy to break. She could feel all life in her vicinity, if she wanted, of course. Death was simple, easy, and quiet. Life was loud and raucous, a polar opposite to the eternal silence of death.

So when the small house went quiet, Jessie noticed.

Her expression didn't change as she observed Aurora's searching. Jessie simply put her things down and continued moving her items before retreating back to her new room. It was on the final trip she took to her room that she felt it - the strands of life had been severed. A singed smell accompanied the absence of the humans' existence, making Jessie scrunch up her nose. Even in death, humans managed to irritate her.

But what was most interesting was Aurora's reaction. No screaming, no external questioning, just... confused acceptance. As Jessie telepathically began to unpack all of her things, she shook her head, sighing. Was the girl truly that dense? If she had been any other eldritch creature, Jessie would have already identified exactly who she was. But the strands of her life force were so tangled that Jessie couldn't tell right from left and up from down. It was frustrating. She'd been searching for the failed partner of hers for years, and the only solid lead she had was this foolish girl.

A knock pulled her from her brooding. Clearing her throat, Jessie approached the door, subtly re-arranging her items to make it not as obvious that she telepathically placed them. Once that was done, she opened the door. Aurora stood outside, a slight rumble emanating from her abdominal region. Ah... organic beings require sustenance, right... Jessie thought, considering how to answer.

"That would be... agreeable, yes. I enjoy bland foods such as cheese pizza, sauceless, and grilled bird-er, rather, chicken." She replied, having little appetite herself, but knowing such things would easily break down in her body.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back