Divergence in Destiny (Star Wars RP)

HYPERSPACE

@HK Fifty

09 stating that it was always his time of the month had Zerek very glad he was facing away from the short-tempered murderbot as a fit of laughter threatened to overtake him. Especially because the very idea would have handily explained the droid's constant irritability. Or so he thought. He wasn't exactly an expert on biology. "About three months ago. It was a simple breaking and entering job, low security, not too bad. The trip back was a little annoying, but I still got it done. And I define success differently than you. If I failed the job, but I still made a ton of money, then I didn't fail the job." Even if 09 asked rhetorically, he was still going to answer to the best of his ability. That and he wasn't going to allow 09 to get the last laugh.

Alderaan

@Constantin

Atali's excitement threatened to have her embrace her master, but she, somehow, kept herself in check. Instead, she stood as straight as she could and nodded. "Thank you for trusting me with this! I'll get the information from him, Master! Where do I go to do this?" In her eagerness she tried not to forget her manners or the information she still needed to ask. It was difficult, but this would be her first real mission! Interrogating a perpetrator! She was certain the droid would be restrained, but she intended to keep her weapon with her, anyway.

Korriban

The fire swept through the heavy-built stone chamber and a dozen people turned and fled, screaming. As the flames billowed up around the central figure, the men and women disappeared through the doorway behind; then disappeared in truth, shadows of past figures now dead. The fire burned hotter, orange and then blue and when at last it died away the woman at its core was revealed - burned across her body, but unbowed. "Is that all you've got?" She taunted the sarcophagus across the room, "Boring! I endured worse when I was a slave!" Glowing runes rippled across the length of the container, and an angry voice spoke in a hoarse whisper, in an inhuman tongue known only by a few. "Dumb suffering?" echoed the Sith girl, her voice rising. "Dumb suffering? Call it endurance, call it accepting what you can't change. Call it a step on the road to true power. Your power." Channeling the power of the dark side through her, Makri gestured to the rune-engraved front slab and clenched her fist, yanking peremptorily. There was a moment of focused tension, then that same inhuman voice began to laugh at her. From an empty sconce on the left, liquid black began to run and pool across the floor and Makri Ona raised her crimson blades on guard.

Alderaan

@Greenbriar

"Avutka... you haven't said anything for a while.  Can you truly tell me you love this girl, in spite of who you are to be as a Jedi?"  The Master regarded her padawan, sad at knowing the girl might now be corrupted.  There were always avenues of healing, always ways back, but she needed to know how far Avutka had fallen.  Had she been too soft in her teachings?  Too gentle in her guidance?  Some measure of blame had to be hers, she knew.

Alderaan

@Constantin

Atali's excitement threatened to have her embrace her master, but she, somehow, kept herself in check. Instead, she stood as straight as she could and nodded. "Thank you for trusting me with this! I'll get the information from him, Master! Where do I go to do this?" In her eagerness she tried not to forget her manners or the information she still needed to ask. It was difficult, but this would be her first real mission! Interrogating a perpetrator! She was certain the droid would be restrained, but she intended to keep her weapon with her, anyway.

Alderaan

Rin almost smirked and shook his head. "Calm, Atali. There is no 'I' in the Master-Padawan relationship, there is only 'we'. I will be accompanying you to the Alderaan Robotics Detention facility. Your mark is there, HK-51-6P. It has only been incarcerated for a few days and I suspect it won't be happy to be woken so soon, only to be forced into questioning."

The Nautolan raised a finger, "But first, I need to discuss something important with Master Itak. You can head to my ship if you'd like, it's an XS class freighter, I landed it right in the Customs Office parking. Find someone there who can show you to the ship, I'll meet you in a few minutes."

Alderaan

@Greenbriar

"Avutka... you haven't said anything for a while.  Can you truly tell me you love this girl, in spite of who you are to be as a Jedi?"  The Master regarded her padawan, sad at knowing the girl might now be corrupted.  There were always avenues of healing, always ways back, but she needed to know how far Avutka had fallen.  Had she been too soft in her teachings?  Too gentle in her guidance?  Some measure of blame had to be hers, she knew.

Alderaan

@folclor

Avutka had been quiet for some time indeed, allowing herself to be drawn aside by her Master with scarcely a word, but it hadn't been  time wasted. She looked up from where she knelt on the floor, and her dark eyes showed an odd conflixt of serenity and confusion. "My heart says I do Master," she brushed her fingertips across the offending organ. "But my head says that's impossible." This time her palm rose to cradle the seat of thought - or of confusion as it seemed today. "I'm not unmindful of the Jedi teachings in this Master, and I remember how quickly it came on. Who falls in love with someone they met the same day?" She shook her head, a little uncertain still but steadied by her brief meditation without her heart's desire just across the hall. "No, it must have been the Sith." Avutka looked up anxiously, eyes searching Eryal's for reassurance. "Was he here? Did you find any sign?"

Alderaan

@Constantin @Greenbriar

Atali nodded.  "Yes, Master!"  She would wait for him at the ship.  But Master Itak...  "Master... may I apologize to Avutka before I go?  If we were tricked I need to apologize for anything I might've done to further the charade."  She took a deep breath, standing up straight.  "I can't do this without making things right first."

---

Eryal sighed.  "There was no sign.  But you don't fall in love with someone in one day.  It must have been the Sith."  Now that her padawan understood, it was important to get to their current mission.  "Now... I have a bit more business with Master Chicri and I highly doubt Alashar would be good for you to be around right now.  I will allow you to accompany me as we go out across the city to heal the injured.  I need you to go back to our ship and wait for me there."

Hyperspace

@HK Fifty

As the ship entered hyperspace the grey Jedi settled into the pilot's chair and listened to 01 as he pondered the most recent events. 

For a short while Delrick remained quiet and pensive, letting the information mull and roll around his mind. When he did speak he was calm and as at ease as he had been the last time they spoke on the bridge. "First, seeking clarification is never the same as questioning an order or a superior." He smiled and looked to the assassin droid. "Which you did not come close to doing." He looked out the view port as the ship traveled the infinite tunnel. "As to why, because he would indeed try to follow us no matter the cost. So by leaving him without credits or anything of value he will be unable to do that." His hands adjusted a few controls, subtly altering the jump calculations. "He may also lead others, far darker then he to us, as I would prefer to not have open conflict..." With a wink and smile he looked over his shoulder to the droid designed to kill very efficiently. "Not yet at least, I'd prefer it on my terms. Now as to why he deserves to judged by the Force? Because he was so corrupted by the dark side he would not have accepted anything less then claim Why'nn and return to Korriban and a new master and become just another pawn for the machinations of the Sith Empire. But..." Delrick held up one finger. "But because he did hold genuine affection and care for my daughter I could not bring myself to kill outright. If he survives or perishes it is the Will of the Force. You can ask for not greater judge."

The Tythian Shadow would be in hyperspace for a few more minutes before they reached the second destination on their journey. 

Alderaan

@Constantin @Greenbriar

Atali nodded.  "Yes, Master!"  She would wait for him at the ship.  But Master Itak...  "Master... may I apologize to Avutka before I go?  If we were tricked I need to apologize for anything I might've done to further the charade."  She took a deep breath, standing up straight.  "I can't do this without making things right first."

---

Eryal sighed.  "There was no sign.  But you don't fall in love with someone in one day.  It must have been the Sith."  Now that her padawan understood, it was important to get to their current mission.  "Now... I have a bit more business with Master Chicri and I highly doubt Alashar would be good for you to be around right now.  I will allow you to accompany me as we go out across the city to heal the injured.  I need you to go back to our ship and wait for me there."

Alderaan

Rin frowned immediately at Atali's idea. He arrived at his conclusion so quickly that it seemed an instant reaction. He pressed his lips together for half a second and then shook his head. "The last time I trusted you to obey me and to stay away from her, you chose to listen to your forbidden desire instead of me. Trust is lost easily and gained back in quite the opposite fashion. I will not allow you to see her this day. Perhaps in the future when you have had time to reflect on this day, but not until then." It was quite clear that Master Chicri would not budge on this position, he stood by the door with his arms crossed. He was extremely eager to meet up with Master Itak in order to activate Delrick's data chip. The secrets of the Jedi Shadow could very well lead him in the right direction to bring Nah-Iblen or Trakus to justice.

Alderaan

Alderaan

@folclor

Avutka deflated. She supposed it was wrong of her to wish it, but she'd secretly hoped there might have been some fighting, a confrontation, some sign that what she'd felt (what she still felt) was not what she felt it to be. But to be Jedi was to be above base animal passions, to be a creature of the mind as well as the heart. Her mind told her to doubt her heart... but she'd have felt more comfortable in her certainty with some tangible evidence. "Yes Master," she sighed. She'd been feeling the echoes of pain and distress from across the city; it would be good to be able to do something positive today, especially as she felt how badly she'd messed up in everyone's eyes. This was her fault somehow. "I will see if there is a troop transport heading that way, and borrow a speeder bike if not." In the absence of either she'd simply walk. It wasn't glamorous, but then the life of a Jedi wasn't - or shouldn't be.

She rose smoothly to her feet and drew her hood forward to half-occlude her face, then made her way from the small chamber in which she'd been counselled.

Alderaan

@Constantin @Greenbriar

Atali's expression fell and she nodded.  Very well.  "Yes, Master Chicri.  I'll start for your ship immediately, then..."  The padawan bowed and started for the door.  Assuming Rin didn't stop her, she'd head into the hallway and start for the exit.  She had to find someone that could direct her to her master's ship.  Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective) this would put her en route to run right into Avutka, especially since they were both going to the same spaceport.

---

Eryal nodded.  "You'll do well, Avutka.  This is not your fault.  Remember that."  She watched her padawan go.  The girl would be strong one day, she knew.  Avutka would become a brave knight, a Jedi beyond reproach.  Yes.  That was the path she would set the girl on.

Alderaan

@folclor

Having found no troop transports headed for the spaceport, nor any speeder bikes convenient for her to borrow, Avutka had made the somewhat unusual decision to catch the hovertram. Every day the tram took hundreds to and from the city spaceport, and while the recent attack had slowed the traffic it came nowhere close to stopping it. After all, there was wreckage to be cleared and ships to service. Families had to work - and, in some cases, send who they could to see if others working there at the time of the attack had survived. Swathed in her plain brown robes and with her hood thrown back, the young Mirialan blended in acceptably well with the family beside her and was currently engaged in an animated conversation with two of the children, 13 and 8. They were going with Maman to fetch Papa back home, they told her with direct solemnity. He hadn't called yet, but his shift supervisor had him recorded as taken to the local medical station for recovery. The Padawan wished them well, and watched wistfully when they got off the tram and headed for the domed building. She could feel the suffering in there, and it was very hard to just walk away... but she'd been told to wait at the ship, and she'd pushed her Master's patience far enough for one year.

Maybe a month.

Stepping off the tram at the next stop, she dodged her way through the foot-traffic and made her way down the promenade towards the Jedi shuttle.

Alderaan

@Constantin @Greenbriar

Atali had gotten someone to tell her where to find her master's ship and actually ended up on the same tram as Avutka.  The younger padawan hadn't seen her and she yearned to reach out, but knew enough not to.  When she stepped off the tram behind the Mirialan she almost wanted to grab her, to hug her, but she didn't.  No, it wasn't until it looked as if they were headed the same way, that she would go past the other girl, that she decided it would be rude to just let it be.

"Avutka," she called, trying to suppress her feelings and successfully keeping herself from launching into a hug.  "I'm assuming your master told you about the same as mine did.  If you never want to see or talk to me again, I'll understand but..."  But what?  "Even if we were tricked, I still respect you.  You'll become a great Jedi.  I know it."  She paused a moment.  "I don't think we were but... I won't press you."

Alderaan

@folclor

Somehow Avutka had been so lost in thought - or so caught up in trying to suppress her sensitivity to the pain and suffering that seemed to pervade the city - that she hadn't even noticed the other girl so close... yet so far away. Spinning at the beloved voice, her eyes widened as she took in the human girl's features and she leaned towards her - then straightened, though not until after sharing a look of naked longing. "Atali," she sighed, the joy still shining in her face. "Yes, she said it was impossible, and that even if it weren't strictly forbidden by the Code that two people didn't just fall in love when they first met." She began moving toward the shuttle again, face still turned to her beloved friend as they (hopefully) walked together. 

"They're our teachers, and we're here to learn from them. They must know more about the Galaxy than we do, right?" There was such conflict in her voice, as though she wasn't sure what she'd rather believe. Master Itak had to know what she was talking about, right? "But..." she sighed, and dropped her eyes as she put a hand on her heart. "I know what I know. And I know I love you, my Atali." She snuck a peek at the human girl, desperately trying to reconcile her feelings with her teachings. The two just didn't seem to add up, and her heart was harder to discount when it was filled with love for the wonderful talented young Jedi beside her.

-  -  -

Korriban

The tomb shook with the crackling energies released within, and the thick stone slab facing the sarcophagus was split in half. The Sith wraith that had lurked within its tomb now hung in plain view, a robed and translucent Anzati from whom force lighting arced toward Makri in a pulsing corona. The Sith girl looked to be in worse shape than before, the burns on her body now joined by strange black marks and bites - but her determination was yet undimmed, and she channeled waves of her own lightning to match the ghost's. The two seemed to crackle and die when they met, and she walked ever closer to the ghost with both hands outstretched and blazing. Two steps. One, and at last she plunged her hands through the chest of the Sith remnant.

A scream rang out, followed by a sinister chuckle - suddenly cut off.

DANTOOINE

@folclor

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Errin nodded at his opponent as she entered her stance, seconds before she unleashed her fist at him in a hook which seemed to hold quite some power. He took instant mental note that in this cases, appearances really could fool you. Alright, easy: left hook means sidestep to the right, keep out of her range of response and counter with a jab to the jaw. He thought to himself, plotting his defense in a matter of nanoseconds. Ryoh had trained him expertly in this thought process, and it really was very helpful to have in the field. 

With a very fast sidestep to the right combined with a small lean backwards, he managed to dodge Illya's hook, seemingly defying his worn-looking body. Not only had his adoptive father trained him in the ways of a light-speed combat thought process, but also very precise and thorough muscle training, which essentially meant he could micromanage all his muscles in the most efficient and productive way. Maybe Ryoh didn't show me all the Mando customs and traditions, but he taught me sure taught me how to fight. Look at me old man, you probably wouldn't be able to beat me anymore. For a split second, a sad smile flashed behind the crusader helmet, instantly returning to the hard concentration of before. I wont let you down.

Alderaan

Rin watched his Padawan leave for his ship, and then began his search for Master Itak. He tracked her through the force like a hound after the scent of its prey, except his wasn't prey, it was colleague. When he came to her, she was without her padawan. He really didn't feel like discussing that situation with her just yet, instead he tried to get on to the situation at hand. "Are you ready to have a look at this datachip?"

His meeting with his Padawan left him feeling slightly more confident, but still uncertain. Part of his still struggled with the idea of having to take care of a youngling. She would certainly hinder his work, there wasn't a doubt about that, but he would have to pretend she did not. At least in her presence, for it would be poor for her development if she felt like a burden. 'It is no wonder one must raise a Padawan into a knight before they can become Master, I believe this will be the most difficult challenge I have ever faced.'

@folclor

Hyperspace

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna

HK-50-01 was visibly relieved that he hadn't caused displeasure , as evidenced by some of the deference leaving his posture. He nodded along in what should have been usual fashion as the Gray Jedi gave a very comprehensive explanation for his actions , the ebony Droid finding the reasoning entirely logical. His voice was it's typical meekly gracious tone , a tone Delrick was likely very used to hearing from him. "Gratitude/Query : thank you sir , I'm very pleased to hear I didn't Displease you. I'm very grateful for your explanation , sir.. I understand fully - we couldn't have let Connor live without risking Mis- Friend Why'nn's safety. And we can't allow anyone to harm her , she's the most important person in.. my life , at least. I won't presume to speak for you , of course. Sir , if you don't mind my asking , you did say you'd inform me of our final destination when we finished the Business with Connor. I understand if you would rather not inform me until we arrive , sir , but I'd still enjoy knowing." 

—––—––—––—––—––—––—––—

Hyperspace

@shadowstrikr25

HK-50-09's mocking mechanical laughter reverberates throughout the cockpit of the ship. As much as the Renegade was looking for the last laugh , the silver Assassin Droid wasn't looking to allow him to have it. "Mocking : So you're saying the last time you actually succeeded in a job was when you did one barely fit for fripping street pickpockets? That's.. that's just horrendously inferior. And you call yourself the 'greatest theif in the galaxy'.. the last contract I took was against a heavily fortified Exchange base , and I leveled that fripping place. I don't see how you could ever possibly dilute yourself into seeing that as a definition of success. If a contract doesn't prove your superiority , it's automatically a failure. Currency doesn't define success , you Blasted moron. Everyone knows that! Well , except you , apparently.." He broke into yet another fit of mechanical laughter as soon as the statement was finished , sustaining it quite some length more than any being with lungs could. At least , that's how he chose to view it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
HYPERSPACE

@HK Fifty

Zerek held back a groan as 09 started laughing again, quickly checking to make sure he wasn't bleeding from the ears. 'I swear, he needs a volume down button. Or even better, a mute switch! Maybe an ego-off button. Just for good measure.' As taken as he was with possible improvements to his companion, there was still the conversation at hand. "Hey, we both know that I'm more than just a street pickpocket. I am significantly better. Dude paid me a ton. Apparently it was some blackmail material. Probably sex tapes. Oh yeah, the base you 'leveled'. You didn't level it, you turned it into a bit of a fixer upper. And when you need money to get food and survive, like us organics are so prone to doing, you don't quite care how you get it." As much as he knew of 09's obsession with being superior, it clearly ran deeper than he thought. He yawned and stretched out, setting another alarm to get him up. It had been a while since he'd gotten some good rest. "I'm gonna take a nap, try not to set things on fire." With that, he closed the door to his bedroom, got his gear off, and flopped onto the bed for a nice long nap.

------

KORRIBAN

@folclor

Ceth's slow, several hour journey back to the Sith Academy was uneventful. He thought he heard someone trying to offer aid, but he was too consumed by his own boredom and rising desire for a good fight to pay any attention. By the time he got back, some of the acolytes were talking, taking note of the blood on his arm, speculation on whose blood it was, and where he had gone. Ceth had never responded to anyone asking him about his latest fight, especially not lowly acolytes. He quickly made his way to his master's office, knocking before walking in with a simple four knock pattern similar to a heartbeat. "That was a waste of time." With that, he pulled out his now slightly bloody tablet and began checking the newsfeeds again.

Hyperspace

@HK Fifty

Delrick smiled and nodded. "You are correct I did say that and I will, but first." He stood and patted the droid on the shoulder as he moved to the nav display. "You can just say Why'nn. You don't have to call her mistress, or friend. Just call her Why'nn or miss. She won't be mad and you won't be overstepping your bounds." With a wink and nod, he tapped a few controls and the star chart quickly changed to show the icy planet of Hoth. "This is where we are heading, but we have one more stop before we get there." Pressing the intercom he called to T7 and Ini, in addition to speaking to 01. "We need to search the ship and ensure there are no tracing units or anything that can send or location once we exit hyperspace." Nodding to the assassin droid. "If it wasn't on the ship before we went to Dathomir it's suspicious. And yes T7 once we find everything you can go back to doing nothing, but you know everything on board better then even me." He hoped the complement would get the little sassy astromech working faster and be less sassy towards him. Which he had been, as compared to when he first met the little droid.

The Arkanian looked up at the intercom and let out grumble as he had just say down to tinker with his self built speeder bike. "Fine, let's gets this over with." He began by searching through his makeshift workshop/cargo bay.

Alderaan

@Greenbriar

Atali smiled at Avutka's joy, finding it woke the same feeling in her. She did, in fact, walk with her fellow Padawan. "My master tried to demonstrate the same thing. Yes, they are our teachers and in most things they know better but we know we have these feelings and we know they aren't dark." 

As she reached out, intending to grab the other girl's hand, she stopped, expression darkening. "I was told I wasn't to see you again today. But this was happenstance. I think Master Chicri believes that my feelings for you would fade if we were kept apart. I love you, too, Avutka, and I don't want to see you hurt by this. We have two choices here. We either do as our masters want and cut communication entirely or... or we send messages and talk via holo when we can."

---

@Constantin

Eryal looked up at the Nautolan and nodded. "Is it a datachip or something to grant us access if we use it when speaking to the Council? Knowing Delrick it's more likely the latter. After all, though unusual, there are some Sith able to use the Light Side, even if only for a moment." The Mirialan's manner was serious and her concentration was split between the matter at hand and her Padawan.

Korriban

@shadowstrikr25

Kaen didn't look up from her monitor, instead holding out her hand and throwing her apprentice into the wall. Various weaponry that hung on the wall detached themselves from their hooks and hurled themselves at the boy.

"If you can dodge those I'll break less of your bones as punishment for interrupting me." And yet, the Sith had not regarded the boy yet, still intent on the report she received on Darth Trakus' apprentice.

KORRIBAN

@folclor

Ceth's eyes widened in surprise as he was forced back into the wall, the tablet flying from his hands as a sword flew threw the air, piercing the device and pinning it to the wall. Ceth quickly reassessed his position and began dodging, leaning away from the first incoming weapon, a vibroblade, and reaching for his lightsaber. As he ducked under the second and third weapons flying towards him, he ignited his lightsaber as a fourth and fifth weapon flew through his flesh, creating sinister red lines on his arm and leg. His lightsaber began assisting him in keeping additional blades from cutting into his flesh, the plasma melting bits of the weapons it made contact with. As the assault faded, Ceth was breathing heavily, having used the Force to go faster just to keep avoiding the blades. He looked over to the wall, seeing his tablet impaled, and groaned. He was going to have to find some other way to entertain himself while he was getting healed.

Korriban

@shadowstrikr25

The Darth's features became somewhat harsher as she looked up at the sound of her apprentice's blade igniting.  "Oh, you would..."  A few of her favorite warblades were melted.  However, he had managed to dodge all but two.

Kaen reached out with the Force and crumpled her apprentice's favored hand.  She approached, aiming to slam her foot into his right shin.  If she impacted she would, surely, break the bone.  At the same time, her hand snapped out to grip his neck.  This wouldn't break anything, she just liked having a choke hold on him.

Alderaan

Rin Chicri

"He told me to use it when speaking to the council, it's suppose to give us access to information about him and his mission. I suggest we do so immediately." Rin spotted the elevator and motioned for Master Itak to follow him. They would need to clear out an office with a terminal so that they could speak with the council in private. It wasn't hard for two Jedi to get compliance from civilians, they were alone in an administrator's office within minutes. Rin peered through the large office windows before drawing the blinds. He checked the ceiling for cameras, his eyes carefully inspecting every inch of tile.

Finally the glossy voids fell to Master Itak, "I believe we have acquired privacy, it is time to discover the truth." Rin activated the terminal and punched in the access codes required to contact the direct line to the Jedi Order, the location of which was actually unknown to him as they were in hiding. In a few seconds, a blurry cyan figure appeared in the air before them.

@folclor @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Last edited by a moderator:
Jedi Council - Unknown

@Constantin @folclor

The blurry image did not fully resolve itself, shifting and jumping like it was having some sort of interference and the voice that came across was digitally static, rising and falling in tone to match the image, but it could be made out to be a male human. "Rin, Eryal it is good to see you both are well and that Alderaan is not burning completely." Through the digital distortion the voice came across as friendly and kind,  and almost like someone they both knew but could not recall. "What news do you have?"

Alderaan

Rin stared at the image with suspicion, he was naturally paranoid about the unknown. There was never an attempt to mask the identity of a member of the Jedi Council in previous communications. There was the chance that it really was just a connection issue, but the Nautolan doubted that. He thumbed the datachip in his right hand, out of view of the holo-transmission. Rin straightened his back and crossed his arms, his gaze was accusatory. "I'm afraid I cannot divulge any sensitive information until I know to which council member I am speaking." He wasn't about to fork over intel to a compromised Council, or through a sabotaged communication terminal.

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna @folclor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back