• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dispora; The Ashes we Breath

[QUOTE="The Glass Ninja]And this is why eradicating them from the face of the glorious empire is perfectly alright.

[/QUOTE]
Will the peaceful humanitarian Monks be spared? :3

If anyone needs me I'll be taking my civilians and hiding behind Glass from all the crazy extremists, fascist invaders and undercity gangers having a shooting war in what used to be our homes.

[QUOTE="The Glass Ninja]And this is why eradicating them from the face of the glorious empire is perfectly alright.

[/QUOTE]
Ugh you sickening idol worshiping tool of the zioni- I mean imperialist oppressor.

All servants of the Empire and its glorious future are the charge of the Bloody Handed, as its reigning special operations department.

Nepty said:
Ugh you sickening idol worshiping tool of the zioni- I mean imperialist oppressor.
I'm confused about one thing though. The Monks believe gender doesn't matter. I know it's a little different from your message of men and women being equal, but that would basically mean our religion is as popular as your's. Especially as we're not being prosecuted and don't turn our heads up on that many things.

Pat said:
I'm confused about one thing though. The Monks believe gender doesn't matter. I know it's a little different from your message of men and women being equal, but that would basically mean our religion is as popular as your's. Especially as we're not being prosecuted and don't turn our heads up on that many things.
I more or less managed to straighten this out with the GM, but basically what seems to be the case is that Sabur (our religion) is probably the most popular widley organised religion (as opposed to the most popular standard practice of just worshiping the local lords) but is actively suppressed because of it's actively anti establishment message that "you bad folks will get tossed in the burning trash can"

Thing is, it can't be fully stamped out, because a purge would result in potential mass uprisings all across the empire, so it's kept low-key, and the government has to deal with the militant groups that crop up as a result of that oppression, preferring it out outright mass rebellion if they tried to wipe it out in full. So a sort of vicious cycle has formed, like in Israel-Palestine.

The main deal with gender equality and friendliness is that it's an evolution of a less gender equal interpretation of the religion, and isn't quite as egalitarian as it would seem, and is definitely more of the fire and brimstone school than the 'forgiveness' school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nepty said:
I more or less managed to straighten this out with the GM, but basically what seems to be the case is that Sabur (our religion) is probably the most popular widley organised religion (as opposed to the most popular standard practice of just worshiping the local lords) but is actively suppressed because of it's actively anti establishment message that "you bad folks will get tossed in the burning trash can"
Thing is, it can't be fully stamped out, because a purge would result in potential mass uprisings all across the empire, so it's kept low-key, and the government has to deal with the militant groups that crop up as a result of that oppression, preferring it out outright mass rebellion if they tried to wipe it out in full. So a sort of vicious cycle has formed, like in Israel-Palestine.

The main deal with gender equality and friendliness is that it's an evolution of a less gender equal interpretation of the religion, and isn't quite as egalitarian as it would seem, and is definitely more of the fire and brimstone school than the 'forgiveness' school.
Our school is like the just exist school. That many material things don't matter, and freedom of choice is left alone, because they too, don't matter to us. What does is patience, morality, and Ascension, which they forget used to be far more literal. But isn't communication kinda limited across the Empire? Doesn't seem like most people can travel. Since they don't really have a need to.

Pat said:
Our school is like the just exist school. That many material things don't matter, and freedom of choice is left alone, because they too, don't matter to us. What does is patience, morality, and Ascension, which they forget used to be far more literal. But isn't communication kinda limited across the Empire? Doesn't seem like most people can travel. Since they don't really have a need to.
Seems to be the case. It's probably something like the modern day, where only a very select few can travel. You still end up with semi-organised groups, as there's probably a communications network between planets. Obviously the religious conflict has taken a backseat considering that the Empire is currently at war. The way I see these groups as being connected is extremely loose, like say the way the Taliban are connected to Al Shabaab. Some might even fight each other, but they dislike the establishment more than they dislike one another.

Pat said:
Will we have named weapons, armors, specials and such? Will they have a certain appearance?
some specials might possibly be unique but overall most likely everything will have the possibility of there being more then one, just some very rare.

[QUOTE="Klimino Zepehphor]some specials might possibly be unique but overall most likely everything will have the possibility of there being more then one, just some very rare.

[/QUOTE]
I'm just wondering what to call a LV2 armor. Or a LV5. I guess LV1 is cloth? Leather? You know, for RP purposes that might be useful to know. Same goes for weapons.

there isnt no sound wording. on purpose to a degree.

i typically use shoddy, Repaired, Adequate, Low-Grade, Decent, Good, Excellent, High-Grade, Etc. as indicators, but not necessarily in that order, though obviously shoddy is worse then decent and decent worse then Excellent or High grade.

[QUOTE="Klimino Zepehphor]there isnt no sound wording. on purpose to a degree.
i typically use shoddy, Repaired, Adequate, Low-Grade, Decent, Good, Excellent, High-Grade, Etc. as indicators, but not necessarily in that order, though obviously shoddy is worse then decent and decent worse then Excellent or High grade.

[/QUOTE]
My Monks will be wearing shoddy ballistic vests and use shoddy miniguns then.

admiral9 said:
We will be sure to protect you, cash is welcome too hehehe we accept truly all.
But why do we need money in the Empire when we're assigned to one job our entire life? Doesn't the government provide all the services we need to live?

Nonono I mean Cashdash, although there would most likely be cash used for purchasing limited luxury and hence having an incentive so to keep work enthusiasm up.

"cash" is Ration Tokens and Goods Tokens. more and better work means more unless theres a shortage(which working harder actually helps prevent).

basically is a currency though yeah.

[QUOTE="Klimino Zepehphor]"cash" is Ration Tokens and Goods Tokens. more and better work means more unless theres a shortage(which working harder actually helps prevent).
basically is a currency though yeah.

[/QUOTE]
Would there even be any way to turn it in now?

[QUOTE="Klimino Zepehphor]that is a definite no.
things getting blown to simtherines does that to monetary systems.

[/QUOTE]
Well, maybe vendors would still exist.

There is no value in that money though, what would a vendor care about useless tokens.

At best there would be vendors that barter food for weapons but there is no actual logical basis for the monetary system still having any value.

indeed admiral.

you can eat tokens nor can you fire tokens at your enemy.

well i suppose you could probably make some convoluted device to do so but i think bullets tend to work better.

admiral9 said:
There is no value in that money though, what would a vendor care about useless tokens.
At best there would be vendors that barter food for weapons but there is no actual logical basis for the monetary system still having any value.
[QUOTE="Klimino Zepehphor]indeed admiral.
you can eat tokens nor can you fire tokens at your enemy.

well i suppose you could probably make some convoluted device to do so but i think bullets tend to work better.

[/QUOTE]
Wait, so human society still hasn't advanced from humans working at Walmart to robots working at Walmart?

perhaps at one point they did, but not in this galaxy, or at least not anymore. theres still probably a good large chunk thats automated but at one point you can throw humans at the problem and use those materials for other things.

plus it is clearly not based 100% on real life.

Its not so much what we can as what is considered worth it, probably wasn't worth the investment when you could use humans that cost nothing to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back