• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dishonored Gang and Assassin based RP?

Altair1303

Drunken Monkey
Would anybody be interested in what the title describes? An RP set in Dunwall during the events of Dishonored or possibly after the Mid/High Chaos ending? (The low chaos ending doesn't feel like it'd give way to the kind of environment I'd be looking for, though if you can convince me, I'm down.)

The main feel would be two groups: The Tallboys, who use scavenged metals and equipment from dead guards to mimic the Tallboys from the game, not all members have to be on that rig, more so just something to give them a snazzy name. And an assassin group, possibly Daud's Whalers if we can make it fit.

The main plot causing characters to interact would be the two leaders receiving a Mark of the Outsider, sharing that power with those who follow them. (Just as Daud did with his Whaler's) and then conflict of interest, such as the assassin group being contracted to eliminate a member of The Tallboys, or the outsider giving the mark-bearer of both groups the name of the other group, saying a reward will be given if X is achieved, etc.

All of this is up for negotiation, If it works then it'll make it into the RP's final form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anybody be interested in what the title describes? An RP set in Dunwall during the events of Dishonored or possibly after the Mid/High Chaos ending? (The low chaos ending doesn't feel like it'd give way to the kind of environment I'd be looking for, though if you can convince me, I'm down.)

The main feel would be two groups: The Tallboys, who use scavenged metals and equipment from dead guards to mimic the Tallboys from the game, not all members have to be on that rig, more so just something to give them a snazzy name. And an assassin group, possibly Daud's Whalers if we can make it fit.

The main plot causing characters to interact would be the two leaders receiving a Mark of the Outsider, sharing that power with those who follow them. (Just as Daud did with his Whaler's) and then conflict of interest, such as the assassin group being contracted to eliminate a member of The Tallboys, or the outsider giving the mark-bearer of both groups the name of the other group, saying a reward will be given if X is achieved, etc.

All of this is up for negotiation, If it works then it'll make it into the RP's final form.

I know I'm hella late to the party, but if you're still interested I'd be keen in this :)

Yeah, if we can get enough people, I'd be good to do it, VenomSlayer and I have kept in contact, they're up for it too. We'd need some more people, though.

Yes, I believe so. 

In all seriousness, this sounds neat ... if you can make it work. 

Oh crap, people are actually seeing this now, well, Any of you guys, what do you want out of the RP, let's build our launch pad for this, Gangs and Assassins, what kind of motivations for the clash do you think would be interesting? I would think that the outsider providing the leaders of each faction with the mark of the outsider and leaving our characters to do as they please when it comes to who fights who, etc. would be the most natural thing we could do.

Oh crap, people are actually seeing this now, well, Any of you guys, what do you want out of the RP, let's build our launch pad for this, Gangs and Assassins, what kind of motivations for the clash do you think would be interesting? I would think that the outsider providing the leaders of each faction with the mark of the outsider and leaving our characters to do as they please when it comes to who fights who, etc. would be the most natural thing we could do.

Tallboy Leader: Disenfranchised Court Noble in the same school as Sokolov and Joplin, dishonored at court and failed Assassination Attempt. Aspires to take back position by force.

Assassins: Daud and the Whalers would do well here. Might as well since it'd be kind of cheap to have more assassins running around with Outsider's Mark. Could be a Low Chaos Daud with regrets to Empress.

Just an idea. The Outsider chooses people based on how interesting he finds them, and can be very disappointed in people who abuse power. Abused people of low birth like he was or individuals with rapidly changing fortunes seem to consistently be his targets.

Still not 100% if I'm in or not. But for the sake of discussion, should we all be given gifts by the outsider, but hes given them for some motivation. We could make that part of the characters.

Also, in general for powers are we just rolling with the characters are basically Corvo, or do we choose a couple from the set or make up our own?

It might be good to have a work motivation thats going on at the time. Like a change of royalty or its the height of the plague and weepers are everywere, cops sealing people in their homes, etc...

I really dig the concept, played through the first Dishonored four times, plan on getting the second one.

Since this is either going to be a continuation of mid/high end setting, I think we should go off the high ending, considering that the plague would more or less be at its height from there. The Empire is on the verge of collapse and the disease has spread across almost the entirety of Gristol and even other parts of the Isles such as Serkonos and Tyvia. Chaos runs rampant as Emily Kaldwin enacts martial law and citizens are rounded up from their houses. Most of the city is officially quarantined and anything outside of a strict, dehumanizing governmental doctrine is outlawed. A rebellion begins to form, various ex-nobles, scientists, ex-guards and even citizens take to the sewers and quarantined blocks to plan and fight back against the overpowering nobility of Dunwall. All the while wearing really cool plague doctor masks.

The Pandyssian Continent has become a sort of haven for people from the Isles, and dozens of thousands of Serkonans, Tyvians, Morleys (Morleyians?), and... Gristolians? Alike have fled to the continent in hopes of a less volatile life.

Sorry, I got into it. You don't have to adopt this, just maybe you'd find certain parts of it interesting to implement. If you'd like for me to elaborate further (state of Dunwall, just how bad the plague has become, what Emily's like, certain 'marked' ones, etc..), I'll glad!y do so.

I also have an idea for a low-chaos setting which is much brighter and includes mutiny, but I'll keep that contained for now.

I really like what @The Chosen Undead and @Whisker are saying, if we could blend those together, or incorporate the latter's ideas into the former's, we would have some solid stuff. I agree with using the high chaos ending, makes the gang/assassin warfare that much more plausible. @The Chosen Undead did mention a low-chaos alternative, which piques my interest, lay it on us.

I also agree with Whisker's point that we should stick with Daud and The Whalers, but for freedom, perhaps we could keep up with our High Chaos theme by having him dead at Corvo's hand, leaving The Whalers in disarray. 

To Answer @Ironrot, yeah, when we confirm the chaos level, that gives us a good area of what could motivate a gang's grab for power, such as a change in royalty or Chosen's proposed Tyrannical Emily. Also, Powers can be as inventive or as unoriginal as you'd like, all you really need to do is put down what you'd like on the character sheet (when we have enough people and I put up in Fandom) and have me look over it, if it's OP i'll say so and recommend an alternative.

My Discord is TheGourdWhisperer#2654 for those who have it.

I really dig the concept, played through the first Dishonored four times, plan on getting the second one.

Since this is either going to be a continuation of mid/high end setting, I think we should go off the high ending, considering that the plague would more or less be at its height from there. The Empire is on the verge of collapse and the disease has spread across almost the entirety of Gristol and even other parts of the Isles such as Serkonos and Tyvia. Chaos runs rampant as Emily Kaldwin enacts martial law and citizens are rounded up from their houses. Most of the city is officially quarantined and anything outside of a strict, dehumanizing governmental doctrine is outlawed. A rebellion begins to form, various ex-nobles, scientists, ex-guards and even citizens take to the sewers and quarantined blocks to plan and fight back against the overpowering nobility of Dunwall. All the while wearing really cool plague doctor masks.

The Pandyssian Continent has become a sort of haven for people from the Isles, and dozens of thousands of Serkonans, Tyvians, Morleys (Morleyians?), and... Gristolians? Alike have fled to the continent in hopes of a less volatile life.

Sorry, I got into it. You don't have to adopt this, just maybe you'd find certain parts of it interesting to implement. If you'd like for me to elaborate further (state of Dunwall, just how bad the plague has become, what Emily's like, certain 'marked' ones, etc..), I'll glad!y do so.

I also have an idea for a low-chaos setting which is much brighter and includes mutiny, but I'll keep that contained for now.

I really like this idea. I think it'd be cool to emphasize the contrast between the oppressive regime of Gristol and the chaos of Pandyssia. I wonder if the conflict between the two groups could be tied into that. Like maybe the assassins are reluctantly working with the rebellion (the typical political squabbles are much better for business than one person's rule), and the gang are trying to establish a power base among the Pandyssian refugees, while dealing with the incredibly deadly wildlife of the area. Not sure how to bring them into conflict with each other, but it seems like an interesting setup.

@Altair1303

Actually, I don't have that much of an idea except for basically a repeat of Dishonored. I think we should go with the high-chaos setting.

Also noticed that little tag you put up there, at the end. Cute.

Sorry, fellas, but im going to have to withdraw. I found another rp that i like 

@Ironrot All good, hope it goes well.

@King in Yellow I like it, perhaps they conflict by having the gang screw up something that could have made the assassins a whole lot of money, something like that. 

@The Chosen Undead Could you perhaps go into detail about Emily? such as if she has much control over the city (Or the settled Pandyssia, if we decide to set ourselves there), also if we could introduce a psychopath Corvo as a type of mini-boss throughout the course of whatever story we establish - or did Emily use him like a pawn then toss him aside. things in that vein.

@Ironrot All good, hope it goes well.

@King in Yellow I like it, perhaps they conflict by having the gang screw up something that could have made the assassins a whole lot of money, something like that. 

@The Chosen Undead Could you perhaps go into detail about Emily? such as if she has much control over the city (Or the settled Pandyssia, if we decide to set ourselves there), also if we could introduce a psychopath Corvo as a type of mini-boss throughout the course of whatever story we establish - or did Emily use him like a pawn then toss him aside. things in that vein.

@Altair1303 @The Chosen Undead

So do either of you have any ideas for how to kick off the plot and get these two groups to interact?

Sorry I missed you, Altair. As for Emily, considering that it was heavily implied she was at least to a point authoritarian, I'm going to say that along with generals, aides and 'diplomats' and whatnot that she controls all of Gristol and has settled permanent colonies in the rest of the Isles with plans to conquer them. Corvo would definitely be added (it's just too badass to pass up), let me think. Corvo was still the bodyguard in the end of all three outros (I'm guessing, I've never actually gotten the mid-chaos ending believe it or not), but I personally think we could instate him as perhaps the CEO/executive of the expansion... Program, or whatever. Basically, he spearheads colonization.

As for @Whisker's idea, I'd need more information.

@Altair1303

@King in Yellow

(Why tf do my tags keep malfunctioning)

OK, if the RP were set a few years after the end of the game (I would think 5-10 years if Emily's actively controlling things), we could have a well-established but chaotic settled Pandyssia, with at least some fortified cities on the coasts. If Emily's invasion forces, led by Corvo, rolled in to take over, we could have two outcomes, depending on who the assassins were allied with. If they were working for Emily, they could come into direct conflict with the gang trying to defend their territory. If they're working with the rebellion against her, we could actually see the gang (possibly being the closest thing to an authority on Pandyssia) and the assassins (following the invasion forces in the hopes of pushing them back) reluctantly working together. At least until some conflict of interests caused them to turn on each other.

@Altair1303 @The Chosen Undead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back