Other Discord server and other voice chat?

Phadia

Tomato Goddess
I'm trying to get a Discord server going for a friend and I to use, but so far, I've tested Skype, Discord, and Hangouts, and in all of them, the audio is horrifically delayed and choppy. :/

Out of all of them, I found Discord to be the easier to use, and I think I would prefer to use that, but we can't seem to get it working on my end.

Does anyone have any experience with these things? I'm shooting in the dark here! Tried using my laptop, phone, two different internet connections, with a microphone, without... played with the audio settings. Nothing seems to improve it!

Perhaps these voice chat things always suck??
*shrugs*
I'm at a loss here.

I'm trying to get a Discord server going for a friend and I to use, but so far, I've tested Skype, Discord, and Hangouts, and in all of them, the audio is horrifically delayed and choppy. :/

Out of all of them, I found Discord to be the easier to use, and I think I would prefer to use that, but we can't seem to get it working on my end.

Does anyone have any experience with these things? I'm shooting in the dark here! Tried using my laptop, phone, two different internet connections, with a microphone, without... played with the audio settings. Nothing seems to improve it!

Perhaps these voice chat things always suck??
*shrugs*
I'm at a loss here.

What kind of issues are you having?

The audio is horribly mangled. As it stands now, we would not be able to have a conversation.
Saying, "Hey! What's up?" would come out "He-! W---'s--p?"

Interesting. I recommend you reach out to Discord support, they will be able to help you with everything you need!

Interesting. I recommend you reach out to Discord support, they will be able to help you with everything you need!
The problem, though, is that it's not merely on Discord, but Skype and Hangouts as well! All of the voice chat software I've tried has the same problem. Which leads me to believe that either this is totally normal, or that I've configured something seriously wrong on my end. :/

That's a start, though. I'll contact them and see if they have any suggestions. Since I know this site just hosted a massive Discord, I figured that there might be someone on here with a similar problem. Didn't realize Discord had a support, so thanks for the nudge!

Your audio hardware or your internet is probably to blame.

But I tried two separate internet connections from completely different providers, and tried using both a microphone that plugs into the audio jack on my computer, the default microphone on the computer, and my phone. They're all the same!

Also, it's not only on my end.
My voice as well as the other person's voice were both distorted.

Could we be too close? This was merely a test run with a family member. We were on separate floors of the same house.

But I tried two separate internet connections from completely different providers, and tried using both a microphone that plugs into the audio jack on my computer, the default microphone on the computer, and my phone. They're all the same!

Also, it's not only on my end.
My voice as well as the other person's voice were both distorted.

Could we be too close? This was merely a test run with a family member. We were on separate floors of the same house.
Damn, that's surreal. There should be no such thing as 'too close', but with all this information in mind, I'm stumped. Never seen anything like it.

You ever flip off a cell phone or osmething? Kick a modem?

Damn, that's surreal. There should be no such thing as 'too close', but with all this information in mind, I'm stumped. Never seen anything like it.

You ever flip off a cell phone or osmething? Kick a modem?

Ha ha, well, I do seem to have horribly bad luck when it comes to electronics this last year. :S Perhaps it's just not meant to be. *shrugs*
I know people have had success with it, though. I feel like it's a carrot dangling in front of my face. So close, but not attainable!

If you think of something, or if anyone else has any input, it would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back