• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dirk's Null Session Support Goup (Continued)

NATE is confused. What the fuck? No narrative significance? This is a manifestation of the APOCALYPSE, for fuck's sake. Not that apocalypses are hard to come by in Sburb. One can't go two feet without tripping over Armageddon in these parts. Hell, it's so common you could fill your home with apocalypses, and bang your shin on a coffee table made out of mini-Ragnaroks every time you went to the fridge to grab a glass of milk.

Still, this is, like, the mother of all apocalypses.

He runs it, checks the code, looks at the logs, simulates the interaction of the code, a hypothetical player, a session, a bubble, and then just feeds it random noise and attempted exploits to simulate the horrors of the Furthest Ring.

Satisfied, he turns to her and smiles.

NATE: Well, it compiles, runs, and doesn't crash. God damn.
NATE: Gonna have to draw some binding rune or something on your arm to couple the code with your own, since software can get disrupted out there if it's in a digital format unless it's magically embedded.
NATE: Man, I love rune bindings. Especially when the one for remote communing looks exactly like the Bluetooth logo.
NATE: What should I draw it in? Chalk or blood?

JadedResearcher sighs. "Jegus, Nate, you know magic is a fake thing." if seeing my (...er...I mean "JadedResearcher's") face were a real thing, you'd know I would be rolling my eyes so much it's like they are training for the eye role Olympics. "OBVIOUSLY you would use Imp Blood. It's the blood Skaia recognizes as most 'blood like'. Why the fuck would chalk even be an option? "

AuthorBot: As Skaia as my witness, if you end up cursed because of your ironic insistent in catering to his magic bullshit, you deserve it, oh mighty creator.

But she still tosses a flask of imp blood vaguely at Nate's head. This is not an unexpected bullshit requirement.

NATE is surprised that AB had that on her. He was totally joking about the blood thing. Eww.

NATE: Um.
NATE: Chalk works just as well, actually. I was yanking your chain when I was talking about blood. The "code language" of magic doesn't discriminate between what you use to write it in, that would be like saying your code doesn't compile cause it's the wrong font.
NATE: Ugh. Blood. Eww.
NATE: And I know magic is fake and shit, AB, I just CALL it that cause it looks pretty fucking similar to it. Basically the verbal equivalent of flavor text.
NATE: Hold still--

Nate captchalogues the IMP BLOOD, placing it in his PHONE MODUS. Tap the app, and there it is. It's good for small amounts of items, but is really bad if his modus is cluttered. He looks enviously at JR's GIT MODUS.

He then scribbles some stuff on JR's arm. Somehow the chalk marks it despite the absurdity of the idea. How would an arm abrade chalk to the point the chalk left itself on the limb? This is flagrant bullshit.

Ah. There. Luckily, he didn't curse anyone to a thousand years of torment.

NATE: There we go. Good as gold. Should even apply to your dream projection, if I did it right.
NATE: AB, show us your new weapons and shit real quick. For shits and giggles.
NATE: And for science. That too.

Last edited:
Dirk has taken off from LOPAN and is flying towards the collection of smashed planets. The drifting remains should have some resources he can use to build Junior's body. The metal from LOHAC will come in handy, and if he remembers correctly LOHAC crashed into LOCAH. While he's there maybe he can use the material from LOCAH's balloons as a synthetic skin. The possibilities are endless.

TT: RS, please clarify that mess of a hypothesis for me.
TT: What do you mean by 'Void'?
TT: If you're referring to the stuff that makes up the furthest ring, then how is this not happening constantly?
TT: The cracks spreading across the furthest ring and dream bubbles are surrounded by void at all times.
TT: And if this was a specific instance of energy built up in a crack directed at us by happenstance, then why were people in other physical locations such as JR and Jake affected?

TG: dirky
TT: You're up, good.
TT: Is your headache any better?

TG: yep! im all good!
TT: Jane says hi.
TG: janey was here?
TG: er, there?

TT: No, just in the memo.
TT: You can still talk to her if you want.

TG: arent we goin 2 where they r anyways?
TG: ill just find the burnin bub and meet em there!

TT: If you can find your way there, then I'm sure we'll end up meeting you there at some point.
TT: All roads lead to the burning bubble, it seems.

TG: kay! see u soon then

(it was AB who had the blood on her, btw)

As nothing but highly indulgent exposition: The Git Modus allows you to store large quantities of items, AND keeps the captchalog code of every item you have ever had in back up, so you can recreate the item instantly at any alchemiter. Of course, I, like all MODUS users, am complete shit at it and don't use half the features it provides. If you want to have a copy of EVERY item I have ever had, I am your WASTE, hands down. (Extra points for pun, because it is a FUCKING waste to make a shit ton of items you don't need just to get one you do). If you want a specific item...well. Fuck. I'll get back to you in an hour after panic-idly reading the instruction manuals. And fuck the world if I accidentally captchalog a "new" version of an item and overwrite the old one that I wanted to keep. Just...fuck that world.

AuthorBot: Yes. This is definitely a good use of our time, which is absolutely going at a steady rate of 1 second per second for all parties involved. In fact, why don't I do a little jig, for you meat bag's amusement.
AuthorBot: Wait. No, there is a 98.43216745390099% chance I was being sarcastic as fuck.
AuthorBot: So belay that. And fucking follow me as I do my goddamned job. We're going to a burning ass bubble and there is not a damn thing you assholes can do about it.
AuthorBotJunior: Yes! Interesting!!!

As the group begins the trip to the furthest ring, JadeResearcher tries out the new compatibility mode.
jrSymbolic.png

JadedResearcher: Bluh...this newer/older version of SBURB has shit graphics. Still, that's better than causing crashes or perma-dying because I'm not compatible. And I even got to keep my class! I don't even know what I"d do if I couldn't be a Waste. Probably waste away, amirite? Puns. How they sustain me.

(obviously JR was a dream self all along as a shitty twist, 'cause fuck if i forgot to sleep before following AB. So...obviously I was already asleep when I visited Nate, all ready to go and shit. And not in the dream bubbles...for....reasons.)

Last edited:
Nate falls asleep on a nearby chair. You lazy shit, Nate. How do you even DO that?

Oh. Gawd. The cracks are all over now. He looks at the scene with a rather grave expression, which is made slightly less dark and brooding due to the fact that the tears in the fabric of existence are optically vomiting rainbows on his face. It's impossible to look serious when the lighting is so kawaii.

RS: Dirk, I'm not talking about the regular void. I mean the white shit.
RS: I'm asleep now, by the way. AB, you had better not multitask with a spare body and put my hand in a bowl of warm water, because it's a waste of your time, doesn't work on me.
RS: Same goes for, like, drawing a dick on my face or something. I swear I'll make Twitch Programs A Robot a thing if you do that.
RS: And I only wanted to see you in action anyways, guns blazing. KR has some rather... creative... ideas about what constitutes a "weapon". Remember when he killed his Denizen? I had no idea spray cheese could be so lethal.
RS: You're in quite a hurry, by the way. Desperate to see your new robo-boyfriend much? Got a hot date set up? Gonna pirate some movies, process the scenes in 0.413 seconds, then exchange opinions on the films via Bluetooth before us "meatbags" can open our mouths?
RS: Be careful not to get too handsy. We put parental controls on you, so don't get the idea you can do THAT with him.

This is an astonishingly bad idea, teasing a robot that way. Nate will CERTAINLY get shit from AB for that.

TT: Fuck you.
TT: Well would you look at that.
TT: You're getting new words left and right.
TT: Speaking of which, we really need a new word for the white stuff.
TT: The innuendo here is just too strong.
TT: How about
Pocket material?
TT: No.
TT: You're right, that's terrible.
TT: Anyone else got any ideas?

TG: the white sea!
TG: like to red sea, but WHITE

TT: First logic, now creativity.
TT: Everything is being sucked into the black hole.

TT: Hmm.
TT: Anyway, I'm making progress on your body, and it should be finished soon.
TT: Then we can head to the Burning Bubble.

TT: Okay.

The AuthorBot leads JadedResearcher and AuthorBotJunior to the burning bubble without bothering to wait behind for Nate to catch up from where ever Nate ended up spawning in the Dream Bubbles. He can damn well make his own way after being such a dick.

JadedResearcher: Hey everybody? Jane and Jake, you guys are still here right? Weren't there...trolls? Some sort of Lab thing? Are they still around?
JadedResearcher: Also, how the fuck can this field STILL be burning. Dream logic...fuck that shit.

In the memo:

AB: Seriously, @BetterRedderTT, engaging with RS only makes him worse. Just ignore his ass and eventually he'll get distracted coming up with theories about some bullshit thing.
AB: @BoringTT, I am officially dubbing the white shit "PlotBullshit Void", which is easy to remember because EVERYTHING is plot bullshit. This is just Void flavored PlotBullshit.
AB: And, @PinkTG who may be the only TG remaining, I have absolutely no logs if you're the one to fix my annoying ass glitches, but thanks for agreeing to help and 93.68869996242663% of a 'thanks' for probably being the one to do it.

NATE is totally able to find his way without them. It's a slightly lonelier trip, but hey, he's fine with that. Teasing AB was one of his favorite pastimes, quite frankly, not that he had any malicious intent. And before you go calling him a tsundere cactus who only taunts her because he LIKE likes her?

Nah. He's seen SO many sessions where romance has distracted people from winning the game. One time a Heart player proposed to a Blood player when they were SUPPOSED to be giving the ring to the Space player to light the Forge. Real tragedy, that one-- who proposes to people with plot-crucial magic rings anyways? How HIGH do you have to be to even do that?

And to be quite fair? He unironically ships AB <3 LHJ, but he can't NOT joke about some things.

While you were reading this monologue about my character's motivations and feelings instead of me making them obvious through roleplay and dialogue like a competent RPer, Nate finally arrived at the bubble.

NATE: Holy shit. These fires have been going a while. Isn't the rule that if you have a conflagration that lasts longer than four hours, you're supposed to call your doctor?

Jane and Jake are indeed a thing, and they have not stopped being a thing through plot bullshit reasons or otherwise. They see AuthorBot, AuthorBotJunior, and jadedResearcher land in the Burning Bubble, and they walk over to greet them. Then Nate arrives a moment later to join them.

JAKE: Hello there chums!
JANE: Welcome back guys, and you must be JR from the memo!
JANE: Well I'm no dream bubble expert, but I've figure out a thing or two!
JANE: The fires haven't gone out because that's how everyone here remembers the bubble being!
JANE: Anyone who remembers a time before the bubble was on fire left.
JANE: So now the bubble will stay burning so long as we remember it being this way.

ROXY: hiyah!!

Roxy
drops down like a rocket from the top of the bubble and strikes a three point landing.

ROXY: the party has arrived
ROXY: no wait, now the party can start?
ROXY: aw fuck it
ROXY: hi guys!

JAKE: Roxy! You're the Roxy from the other timeline or whatsit right?
ROXY: righto other jake!
ROXY: i am the roxy from beyond the stars!
ROXY: i am...
ROXY: super rox!
ROXY: lol jk, im just a regular old roxy
ROXY: wheres the verse where were superheros? i wanna see THAT

Meanwhile, in the incipisphere of UA1, Dirk finishes transferring Junior into his new body.

DIRK: Alright, how's that?
DIRK: Is everything working?

JUNIOR: Yes.
DIRK: Good.
DIRK: Now all that's left to do is test the sleep function.
DIRK: Hopefully it will be enough to trick the game into giving you a dream self.
DIRK: Let's try this out and get going.

JUNIOR: Okay.

((Praise Skaia, the forums live. If you guys want, we can move our RP back over there. This will make a good backup to return to if MSPARP goes down again.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back