• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dirk's Null Session Support Goup (Continued)

((This is a continuation of an RP that started over on other forums, which has recently gone down for the forseeable future. Anyone is welcome to join, but as a fair warning it's gotten rather involved at this point.))

TT: Holy shit.
TT: What the fuck just happened?
TT: The whole of pesterchum just went down.
TT: Is anyone recieving this?

TT: Yes.
TT: You seem unaffected, that's good.
TG: yea yea im here 2
TT: That's two down.
TT: Is everyone else conected?

Last edited:
JR: Like. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. What the fucking hell?
JR: @OrangeDirk, glad to finally see you.
JR: Is anybody else with you? What happened to AB?
JR: The code is fucking crazy. What even...
JR: If this was a Waste's doing, then I am apparently no where near the top of my god tiers.

Last edited:
AB: I am here. And I am no longer glitching out, it seems.
AB: Though I have no memory of being fixed.
AB: Hypothesis: we all have short term memory loss in addition to what ever caused us to be separated.
AB: Because I am definitely no longer with the best rapper of all time.
AB: Or his weird clone.

ABJ: Yes.

RS: Uh. Why is...
RS: Everything just blanked for a second.
RS: Last I remember, Dirk was talking about turgid First Guardian uranium sausage.
RS: I wish I didn't remember that bit.
RS: I think Paradox Space realized shit was so fucked up it had to enter a sort of "safe mode".
RS: Graphics took a huge hit, that's certain. More angles on me than a geometry class.
RS: Toto, we aren't in 4K anymore.

TT: Fuck my head hurts.
TT: What the fuck just happened?
TT: Does anyone have any idea where they are?

TG: im somwehere
TG: its kinsa dark
TG: but not like voidy dark just reglar dark
TG: which is greart 2 b honest
TG: ive got a hedache worse than a tricjsker handgover
TG: ligth might atshually kill me rn

TT: Well that's something at least.
TT: Junior, where are you?

TT: Hmm.
TT: Oh shit, the memo logs are gone, you've got jack shit to work with.
TT: Are you safe at least?

TT: Alright, good.
TT: I'm awake and back on LOPAN with no memory of how I got here.
TT: Does anyone rememeber what happened?

Last edited:
AB: @RS, there is a 91.64091603037001% change that my logs are no longer trustworthy.
AB: The time is currently: Horse, my location is currently: Horse, and my Session or Equivalent Afterlife Coordinates are: Horse.
AB: In Conclusion. We're fucked.

ABJ: Yes. Interesting!!!
JR: Oh fuck. Oh shit. Oh fuck oh fuck.
JR: AB!!! Fuck.
JR: Okay. Calm down. Think
JR: Think think think.
JR: @OrangeDirk says he's back on his planet. He had just been sleeping. So...whatever happened...woke him up.
JR: @PinkTG is in a black space. She was dead....so...whatever happened..............???
JR: @RS, are YOU awake?
JR: I'm still on my planet.
JR: I'm starting to suspect that the living were treated differently than the dead... Or at least, the physically present were treated differently than the dreamers.
JR: And I am REALLY worried that that means....whatever it was. Killed everyone in the bubble. Ghosts respawned, dreamers woke up.
JR: And...anyone who was alive and in the bubble...
JR: But wait! @PP, you're alive right? Like, actually alive and not ghost alive? Weren't you physically present?

Last edited:
TT: Rox, can you explore a bit?
TT: It would be really helpful to know where you are.

TG: bluuuuh
TG: yea gimme a minuet to stand up n stuff

TT: Alright, be careful.
TT: Hey Junior.

TT: I hope you like Junior Jumble.
TT: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
TT: Because you're going to be playing it until we build up a word bank for you.
TT: It's a pain, but it should work for emergencies.

TT: Okay.
TT: Oh, and I almost forgot these.
TT: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
TT: ! ? , . : " @ ( ) &

TT: Thanks.
TG: i fund somthin soft
TG: p sure its a bed

TT: Who's bed?
TG: idk and idc
TG: im goin 2 lye down

TT: Roxy please don't sleep in strange beds.
TG: f u strider u cant tell me wat 2 do
TG: ur not even my rel dad

TT: Do you at least have any idea where you are?
TG: ill figre it out later
TT: God damn it Rox.

-- tipsyGnostalgic [TG] is now an idle chum! --

TT: Whatever happened, it didn't seem to harm anyone.
TT: Our main priority is figuring out where the fuck everyone ended up, then we can focus on the why and how.

JR: Right. Okay, Well, one thing I can do is help @redTT talk.
JR: What were my phrases I gave him originally?
JR: I need help. Help <insert chat name here> There are X enemies. I am cool. You are cool. I am with X.

AB: At the risk of giving my creator a heart attack.
AB: I should mention.
AB: That I am not actually aware of my physicallity at the moment. I appear to be running in software only mode.
ABJ: Yes. Hrmmm.

JR: !!!
JR: Fuck.
JR: Okay.
JR: Okay. I can fix this.
JR: I'll start the process of checking things on my end to see if your body was destroyed. If it was, I'll load you into the new chassis KR made you. Same for @ABJ.
JR: Hell. Maybe that's a good thing, might clear your logs up, and let you be...not...whatever happened to the other people physically present.
JR: Also, I just realized, that unless my logs were wrong, @PP was god tier. So there goes that slim sliver of hope that whatever it was didn't kill everyone. If it was pointless enough, @PP would just god tier revive.
JR: But...
JR: Like...
JR: Why would something that could kill everyone in a dream bubble fuck up MY existence?
JR: I wasn't even in that bubble.
JR: Why would it fuck up the logs.
JR:...@RS, you don't think it's the reality destroy space/time bubble crack shit, do you?

RS: I'm a pretty fucking heavy sleeper, so I don't think I woke up. Maybe the damage ignored me? Void powers.
RS: Oh, my body's not all low-res anymore. Awesome.
RS: Here's a few more phrases: Acrobatic fucking pirouette off the handle, fuck you, fuck me, fuck Paradox Space, fuck everything, shenanigans,
The Pocket, Skaia, First Guardian, LE, Cherub, Troll, Human, Time, Space, Void, Light, Heart, Mind, Breath, Blood, Hope, Rage, Doom, Life, Might, Sand, Rain, Snow, Stars, Sky, Rhyme, Flow, Mist, Fate, Law, Dreams, Lord, Muse, Knight, Maid, Page, Mage, Rogue, Sylph, Seer, Thief, Heir, Bard, Prince, Witch, Waste, Grace, Smith, Scribe, Scout, Guide, Ward, Dame... I'm kinda bored so I'll stop there.
RS: JR, should I wake up?

JR: I don't know if you are physically near the others, @RS. Waking up might honestly be "faster" than trying to get to them from wherever you are. Similar deal to what AB and ABJ are probably gonna hafta do. Their bodies are either so offline they can't even get a ping, or they are DEAD. Like, hardcore.
JR: But it also can't hurt to keep TWO void players in...whatever the hell place you all are. Especially one we can get outta there in a hurry if things go wrong. Which they always do.
JR: And we still do have The Burning Bubble (tm) to use as a natural meeting point if people start having location again.
JR: And...you know...plenty of still-missing players. And...fuck. The Burning Bubble(tm) folks haven't checked in yet, either.

TT: No.
TT: What?
TT:
N O T D E A D
TT: Alright, that's good.
TT: It raises more questions though.
TT: Junior isn't a ghost, godtier, or dead, and he was right next to me last I remember.

TT: So whatever it was couldn't have killed us.
TT: So far we know Junior, JR, and Nate were affected, but don't show signs of being killed.
TT: Also, JR being affected implies that it wasn't limited to our physical location, or if it was it was far reaching.
TT: I can contact Jane and Jake and see what their status is.
TT: I'll need Jake's help anyways if Junior is going to have any chance of existence outside the dream bubbles.

JR: It affected people regardless of physical location, both in Sessions and in the Bubbles.
JR: It affected people who are aware of each other. Until we meet a stranger, we can't know it affected everyone.
JR: It affected ghosts, robots, dream selves, real selves, and dream robots. We're all god tiers, right? Besides those of us who are robots? Maybe it didn't effect original selves?
JR: It left some people where they were, and others in weird places. ... So far, the people in weird places are either Void players, or robots. I don't know where @PP is. TBD. The people not in weird places were either not in the dream bubbles or not "really" in the dream bubbles. Again, barring @PP's status.
JR: It made AB and ABJ lose their network connection to their bodies. But not Junior, who is a dream robot, but also a AutoResponder instead of a RareSessionFinder.
JR: @PP, are you in a weird place? Floating in blackness or anything like that? Back on your Planet? And were you a ghost or dreaming or physically present in bubbles?

(BTW, digging that it gives you a notification when there's a new post if you leave the tab open)

>NATE: Wake Up

You cannot WAKE UP because you aren't asleep anymore. Seems you beat us to the punch on that one.

>NATE: Observe Room.

You have abandoned your DWELLING SPIRE on LOOAS for the hollowed out northern OBSIDIAN PILLAR. Normally obsidian would be a fragile and glassy substance, but game logic applies here, so it is so tough that nothing, save for tools with a hardness of 10 on the Mohs scale, can break it. The southern pillar hosts a SERVER BANK that JR set up, which uses the connection to other sessions the pillars provide to transmit information. The EAST and WEST pillars are simply antennae right now.

>NATE: Look up.

SKAIA is in shambles. Well. Both Skaias. Dual sessions don't work well. You have noticed that chunks are crashing into each other lately, superheated rocks flying about with each collision. It sucks. Hard.

>NATE: Pester JR.

You cannot PESTER JR because- oh. Fuck it, go ahead.

RS: I'm awake now. Are you on your planet still, JR? Is KR okay? And most importantly...
RS: Is Terraria downloaded yet? I started that download a while ago, and it BETTER have worked.

guide_bot.png

Before Nate can get a response via Pesterchum, he is interupted by The AuthorBot, in her shiny new chassis.

AuthorBot: It seems you believe that time flows the same regardless of physical location, Nate. DO you believe that time flows the same regardless of physical location?
AuthorBot: Your shitty game downloaded days ago. I could use my flawless mecha-brain to tell you how many MICROSECONDS ago it was, but it is too shitty to want to bother.

author.png

I have also arrived to greet Nate in person.

>Observe jadedResearcher in person.

You simply can not do that. I have disallowed personal details in the metaNarrative. Look at me, being all faceless and shit. You're lucky I have hair.

JadedResearcher: Yeah, all of you assholes were all "look at JR, all panicking and not knowing what is going on", but YOU deal with you guys ROUTINELY going silent for hours at a time from my perspective! Shit is nerve wracking.

TT: Jake.
TT: Jane.
TT: Please tell me you're both alive.

GG: Nope, still dead. :p
GT: What's all this about Dirk? Did something happen with the other batterwitch you were talking about?! Are you dead?
GG: The Batterwitch?
GG: Why didn't you tell me you were in danger?
GG: Dirk! We would have come to help!

TT: Calm down.
TT: There's no danger, and no one is any deader than they were before.
TT: Everything is fine.
TT: Probably.

GG: Diiiirk. D:
TT: Okay, look.
TT: We found Roxy from the alpha timeline, but she and her friends were being hunted by the Batterwitch.
TT: We've dealt with it, and everyone is fine.

GG: You still could have told us what was going on.
GG: We could have helped!
GG: I wouldn't have just been sitting around on my lazy butt if I knew you were in trouble!
GG: And Jake!
GG: You knew about this and you didn't tell me?

GT: I knew he was in the middle of some big dealio but he didnt mention it was so consarn serious!
TT: It wasn't serious!
TT: Everything.
TT: Is.
TT: Fine.
TT: It is so fine that
TT: You know what, I'm not even going to finish that.
TT: Because this isn't even a big enough deal to warrant some drawn-out comparison.

GG: :/
GT: So then what's all this "everythings probably fine" nonsense about?
TT: That’s what I wanted to ask about.
TT: Did either of you recently experiences disorientation, headaches, or lapse in memory?
TT: I’m going to guess that neither of you mysteriously vanished by the fact that it hasn’t come up yet.

GT: Err... Yes actually. Everyone here has a sort of black spot in their recollection up until a little while ago
GT: And not to speak for anyone else but ive got a dadblasted headache for sure!

GG: No one’s vanished though, everyone’s present and accounted for.
GT: What the dickens is even happening?
TT: We don’t know, but we’re figuring it out.
TT: Whatever it is, it’s the same with us.
TT: Headaches, memory lapse, and our robots and void players seem to be appearing in strange places.
TT: Actually, that reminds me.
TT: Junior, do you know where you are?

TT: Alright, the better question is are you in your body?
TT: That’s one mystery solved I guess.
GT: Well thats disconcerting! You just dont have a body anymore? I sure hope you can get a body again.
TT: Thanks.
TT: We might end up back where you are if everything goes well.
TT: The burning bubble seems to be becoming a sort of muli-universal meet-up point.

GG: Well alright, we’ll be here in case you all decide to come back.
GG: Good luck figuring this whole thing out Dirk.
GG: And tell Roxy I said hi!

TT: I’ll be sure to tell her when she gets up.

AB: Wait. @BetterRedderTT, you didn't have a body either.
AB: Shit. And you don't have this conveniently foreshadowed back up body just lying around, either.
AB: Though I guess people could re-dream you up a body again? If that's still a real thing?
AB: Also, let me give you back some of the phrases I had for you before. "As a flawless automaton, of course I can do that.", "It seems you think X." and, the old classic: "There is a X% chance of Y".
AB: And at the various humans in the chat, holy shit, you black out and have a strange brain pain and nobody thinks that might be a fucking major thing to maybe communicate about?
AB: Whatever.
AB: On the robot side of things, I can confirm my logs are working again. I can't access the old corrupt shit, but at least new stuff is working.
AB: And I can confirm I have my old data for how to reach the BurningBubble just fine. So,I can refind it any time.

PP: Kilius is indeed still existing!
PP: T]~[oug]~[ ]~[e and Turnus ]~[ave ended up on LOQAK!
PP: We also only ]~[ave one ]~[usktop between ussfsilksb
PP: asdad
PP: ]~[ Get me off this fucking planet ]~[

SffnSg5.png

NATE is glad that JR is here. Just... fuckin elated. He raises his arm for the customary greeting between the two-- a HIGH FIVE. Good thing they both retrieved their arms for the occasion in advance.

NATE: Yo, JR. Don't worry, still totes alive. I'm sure things will get figured out soon.

NATE: Lemme check the status of the Furthest Ring...

Nate quickly floats over towards the CONSOLE in the pillar.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. This ain't fuckin good.

NATE: So. Uh.
NATE: Seems the Void and the cracks in Paradox Space did a weird thing.
NATE: The cracks spread towards the Void, hit it, then tore open and released a sort of shockwave.
NATE: Remember that time AB kept exploding randomly?
NATE: We figured out it was due to a small part creating juuuuust the right frequency of noise that reverberated perfectly throughout her chassis to focus on the bullshit magic crystal that was her fuel cell, and it cracked and created a huge burst of energy.
NATE: The solution, of course, was hilarious. Just change the shape of her chassis in a way that the waves wouldn't focus-- specifically the chest area got bigger.

Hence the frequency of the phrase "calm your tits". Don't want AB exploding from anger, use those roboboobs to not detonate.

NATE: It was either that or lower her arms to connect with her waist.
NATE: I think the small crack reverberated within the void due to energy traveling differently in there, like a lens.
NATE: Passing from one medium to another, and bending.
NATE: And that made the Hawking radiation from the central black hole act up for some reason. Hence the myserty.

TT: With any luck I won't have to dream Junior up a new body.
TT: Now that I'm awake I can just build him a real one.
TT: Between my heart shit and Jake's hopey thing, I'll probably be able to transfer him into it from the dream bubbles.
TT: Then with a decent sleep function he should be able to move freely between my sessions and the bubbles.

TT: Fuck yes.
TT: Kilius and Turnus, you are both alive correct? That's what The Official Spreadsheet says.
TT: Both of you ended up back on Kilius' planet, so that's another point for living players waking up.

TT: Really though, you should try to have more foresight, and carry no less than 5 computers at all times, like a sensible person.

Obligatory high fives secured, jadedResearcher floats patiently and waits for Nate to calm down and stop "Seer-ing".

JadedResearcher: Bluh. The density of bullshit lately is too damn high. AB, can you make sure the memo gets some of that info? Must be nice to be a "flawless multitasking automaton".
AuthorBot: Just because I CAN flawlessly multitask doesn't mean I'm your secretary. Since you love exposition so much, why don't YOU take care of it.
JadedResearcher: BLUUUH. Fiiine. Nate, sorry to be all rude and shit, but Imma text.

The AuthorBot floats over to look at Nate's screen. Walking is for chumps.

AuthorBot: Huh.
AuthorBot: It seems that the "lens" of reverberated energy had cut a path through a series of bubbles and sessions. Could it have been targeting something?
AuthorBot: And if not us, what would it be targeting? Is there anything in it's path other than us that's interesting?
AuthorBot: And...can we track it back to it's source?

In the Memo:

JR: RS is being all "Seer"-ey right now. Apparently something something, the Void and the Crack interacted in weird ways? Energy channeled like a lens?
JR: Gonna be honest tho, narratively, this is a piece of shit. It wasn't even from something WE did. More like some bullshit third party decided to throw a tantrum. So lame.
JR: Which, I mean, in retrospect kinda has "Lord English" written all over it.
JR: @"PP who is probably not Kilius", if you want to leave the planet, either try sleeping, or try moving to the furthest ring and physically entering the bubbles. That seems to be the main two ways. The natural meeting point is the "BurningBubble", which sounds hella obvious once you're running around. Pretty narratively significant.
JR: @TT, just because they were alive doesn't mean they were "asleep". @EitherPP, were you awake and physically in the bubbles, or dreaming in them?
JR: And, AB is pointing out that if the thing was a lens, then maybe it was a targeted one? If we can find the target, or the shooter, that might give us more info.

RS: No, no, no, the disruption was going the OTHER way. You gotta flip it turnways.
RS: The crack sent one burst out in the direction it came from, which, through pure shitty luck, happened to be at us.
RS: But Isaac Newton's laws are in effect here-- every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
RS: There was a second, equally strong burst that WOULD have gone in the opposite direction, if it hadn't immediately encountered the Void.
RS: At that point, the burst bent due to entering the differing medium, like a laser going from air to water, directly towards the central black hole.
RS: This wasn't even a targeted thing, it's just something that seems to always happen when the encroaching Void encounters a crack. Loose energy tears across the crack and at the end of it, the energy dissipates as a burst. And the equal and opposite beam gets bent towards the black hole.
RS: This is scary. Huge, devastating things are happening at random.
RS: Reality is flipping its shit.

JR: Goddammit. Why did it have to be something random and not something with narrative significance.
JR: Such bullshit.

JadedResearcher frowns at the screen. "Nate, I am going to do an acrobatic goddamned pirouette off the handle if I have to sit on the sidelines again. KR and me managed to Smith me up a better compatibility mod. Render me in a more symbolic manner, if you catch my drift. Can you check it out when you get a chance, see if there's any stupid bugs in it? I am fucking going with you guys when you head out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back