• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dipper's Guide to The Unexplained

Lady Midnight

Ultimate Pun Queen
'Ahh. Another beautiful day in Gravity Falls! And that means another excellent day for fun in the sun!' The joyous thoughts of the young brunette girl echoes in her mind as she leaned up from bed and yawned. Once she finished, she maneuvered her body to the side of her bed and jumped off.

"Hello world! Mabel Pines is ready to get out there and live!" She yelled through the room she shared with her twin brother. Mabel grinned as she heard the sounds of snorting and paws scurrying on the wooden floor as her pet pig hurried towards her. "Waddles!" Outstretching her arms, she lovingly took her pet and gave him a warm embrace. "How'd you sleep boy?" Waddles snorting in reply causing the young girl to smile wider. "Great! Now help me wake Dipper!"

At the thought of waking her brother, she turned to his bed and started creeping towards it quietly. 'Silently.... Silently....' Her eyes narrowed as she focused on sneaking to the side of her twin's bed. The sounds of snorting resulted her into turning and shushing her beloved pig. Once Waddles had been quieted down, she turned to Dipper's bed and starting yelling.

"Rise and Shine Dipper! It's a beautiful day!"

Dipper was sleeping, but he couldn't exactly tell what he was dreaming about. A lot of stuff was going through his head while he quietly snored, like the excitement of what he might discover in the town once he wakes up, or what he already discovered. The thought of discovering it all with his sister was really bright, but her behaviour would suggest that it won't be that easy. He loved Mabel, because she was his sister, a twin at that. That was quite obvious, but he didn't like the approach she had to the supernatural that haunted the town. He still liked having her around, because despite him not showing it at all times, he liked how she could nearly always find a way to lighten up the mood.

Being asleep, Dipper didn't move that much. He was lying down on his side, with one hand under his pillow and the other one in front of him. His eyes were closed and he was snoring, quietly and softly. Once he heard the familiar voice of his sister, or rather the yell of his sister, he opened up his eyes and flinched in fear of danger. He recognized the voice soon after and sighed in relief. He looked at Mabel, standing next to his bed with Waddles. Dipper looked around the room, as his eyeballs opened up a little to the bright light coming out from the window. He looked at Mabel again, what she said was true, it was indeed a beatiful day. He looked at Waddles, the little pig looked adorable to him, but again, he did not show it that much. He gave a small smirk and turned to his sister again. "Mabel, could you NOT wake me up this way?" he asked her, with an upset, annoyed voice. His tone and look on his face was serious and he tried keeping a neutral face, but badly failed giving away a slight smirk.

@DaniBot

Last edited by a moderator:
Mabel simply waved and waved her hand at her brother's reaction. "Ah come on! It's not like I was interrupting an important dream unless...." Her thoughts trailed off with her statement as she tried to imagine what her brother could have been dreaming about. Out of the many strange and weird things that he could dream of, only one solution popped into her mind. "You were dreaming about girls weren't you!" She pointed an accusing finger at her twin. "Tell me who was it! Candy! Pacifica! Do you still love Wendy!" She jumped up and landed on his bed grabbing his shirt by the collar. "You can run but you can't hide the look of love Dipper!"

Mabel loved her twin brother, but he was hopelessly awkward when it came to girls. He couldn't even finish a sentence around Wendy without his voice almost cracking. She tried to help but Dipper would always find a way to quiet or distract her once she started talking. As she continued holding onto her brother's shirt, she narrowed her eyes and analyzed him. After a few moments, she sighed and let go of his collar. "No you couldn't have been. Your breathing is too consistent and relaxed. You could have been dreaming about solving another mystery. Silly me!" She laughed as she turned to her beloved brother. "I'm going to see if breakfast is ready. Race you to the kitchen?"

@Birdsie

OOC
By the way, forgot to ask. After what episode does this take place? You have mentioned Candy and Pacifica, so my guess is that it's nearing the end of Season 2 and that Stanford is already back.

Dipper looked at her pointless accusations and frowned in a very upset way, as a response. He blushed, but that was more from the actual accusation, not the fact that he did. "No, I did not." he responded, his tone getting even more annoyed. The one trait that his sister had developed was being annoyingly adorable, or maybe rather adorably annoying? It's hard to tell. Dipper's expression would return to the previous, neutral one as he let out a long sigh. When she let him go and cleared up her mistake he smiled in the 'I win this argument' way. He moved up his hand to his mouth, closed his eyes and cleaned his throat, then with a cocky voice responded "Race me to the kitchen?..." he asked, like a boring adult, that does not want to indulge in stupid games for children. Dipper smiled and quickly said "Like you have a chance!~" with a challenging tone.

Dipper ran out of the room, lightning fast and ran downstairs, trying his best to outspeed Mabel. Once he was downstairs, Grunkle Stanley was waiting there in a white undershirt and shorts. He had his mystery man hat on and was reading the today's newspaper. He looked at Dipper with bored, neutral eyes, "Breakfast's served, ki-" he was unable to finish, as Dipper ran past him with high speed, trying to get to the kitchen faster than Mabel, to prove his superiority as a twin, but in a friendly, competitive way. He arrived at the kitchen, seeing pancakes that Stanley must have prepared. He looked around to make sure that he was the one who won, and that Mabel didn't get there faster...

OOC: In all honesty, I was thinking that this could take place between 'Roadside Attraction' and 'Dipper and Mabel vs. The Future' Sorry, I should have cleared that up.

Mabel stood atop Dipper's bed dumbstruck as the latter ran past her headed to the kitchen. She quickly ran after him hopeful to beat him, despite his head start. "No fair! How am I supposed to beat you if you cheat?" She called after him as the duo raced to earn the right as the 'Superior Twin' As she attempted to past him, she ran past Grunkle Ford and wished him a good morning before calling out to Dipper once more. As she inched closer to him, she realized that he had won this race. Despite his victory, he was still looking around. Probably trying to make sure that he had been the first one in the kitchen. Seeing this, Mabel jumped towards her brother and outstretched her arms towards him. "Victory tackle!" She yelled hoping he hadn't noticed her.

If she had caught Dipper in the attack, she would be rolling and laughing as she held her dear sibling. If he had gotten out of her grasp, she would hit the ground and rolled until her back hit the fridge with a thud! She looked up to see Grunkle Stan and wave at him. "Good morning Grunkle Stan!" She grinned and stood up wobbling. "Woah.. Dizzy..." She muttered wobbling her way to one of the chairs at the kitchen table and lifted herself up. As Mabel sat up, her eyes rested on the glorious feast which laid before her. Pancakes. The breakfast of champions. She immediately grabbed the syrup and started to drown her pancakes and everything else that resided on the plate with syrup. Once she was satisfied with the amount of syrup her food was doused in, she grabbed her knife and fork and began to dig in. Halfway through her food, she glanced at Dipper with food still in her mouth. "Hey Dipper. Got any plans today?"

OOC
That's alright. This is pretty much what I suspected.

Dipper looked at Mabel, noticing her just a second before she tackled him. He held his arms out towards her, opening the fingers and twirling them. "Mabel! No, no, n- Hng." his plead for mercy was disrupted by his sister tackling him onto the floor. He screamed in fear of hitting the ground, but so it happened. He lied down under her, trying to move his hands out in distress, wanting to be released. "Mabel, get off!" he said, with an annoyed voice. He should have not raced her in the first place.

Dipper managed to get out of Mabel's grasp, pushing himself away from his sibling. He got up and saw Grunkle Stan, "Good morning," Dipper said, rather casually. He did pretty much the same as Mabel. He engulfed his portion in syrup and started eating, sitting down opposite of her. He heard her question but didn't answer yet, hoping to inspire curiosity in her. Then he cleaned his throat and proudly, with a serious voice, nearly as if he was trying to play an adult, Dipper responded "I plan to continue Dipper's guide to the unexplained!" after a few seconds, his eyes rose up a little, to look at his sister's face. "I could probably take you with me, but it's not like you'd want to." he said. He meant the opposite, he felt like his sister would like to come along, and that was what he wanted.

Mabel raised her eyebrow in curiosity waiting for her brother's response and continued to devour her flapjacks. Once she had directed her attention back to her plate, she heard Dipper clearing his throat. In all honesty, she wasn't surprised at the response she had gotten. In fact, it would have surprised her if he had given her another answer. The girl's eyes widened at the thought of joining her brother, but soon quickly changed to that of disappointment. "Wha..." As much as she made fun of him, Mabel really did enjoy solving mysteries with Dipper. It was their thing, even though it wasn't the only thing she wanted to do.

She scoffed and waved her hand at her brother. "Pfft...please. As if I'd skip out and miss you getting yourself into trouble. Besides who else are you going to trust with the camera and other equipment?" She asked masking how much she really wanted to go. She could understand why he doubted her though. She wasn't as gung ho about the paranormal like Dipper. In fact, she really didn't take it as seriously as he did at first. But recently, she missed going on adventures with her brother. Since Grunkle Ford had arrived, he spent almost all of his time solving mysteries with Ford. She jumped at this chance to go spend time with her brother. Mabel grinned as she stood on the chair and pointed at herself and Dipper. "We're the mystery twins, after all."

Dipper was not surprised by Mabel's response, not one bit. He knew his sister could not pass up a chance to go somewhere with him. Her way of responding to what he said was funny though. His facial expression changed to something brighter when she mentioned the 'mystery twins'. He shrugged and responded "Oh, well. I suppose we are." with a weirdly inquisitive voice. "Are you up for a challenge, though? With all of the journals there'll be a lot more to explore and discover." he asked her curiously.

Dipper finished his pancakes and said "Well. I'll go and get them-" as he was also turning around, only to be met with Grunkle Ford in his way, just behind him. The man took a step back, to give Dipper some space and said "Good morning, Dipper." Dipper's only response was "Good morning, Grunkle Ford." but after a few seconds he also asked, "So, I wanted to go exploring with Mabel. Can we borrow the journals, please?" he asked, being a little reluctant at the end. Ford took a few seconds, thinking... "Sure." he responded. "Just promise to stay away from danger, alright? Stanley would kill me." he added. Dipper shook his right fist slightly, in excitement and the feeling of victory "Yes...!" he said quietly, to himself. Then he realized he was still near Mabel and Ford. "Uh, I mean, Yes. Of course. I promise." he said, at first surprised, then getting on a much serious tone.

Mabel took another bite of her pancakes and responded. "I'm always ready for a challenge. I laugh in the face of danger! Hahaha...ack!" Her laughing was cut off midway as she choked on the bit of pancake she was just chewing. She started beating her chest with hard punches. After a few good hard punches, she was able to cough up the chewed bit of pancake on the table. She threw her hands and the air and gasped. "Safe!" She yelled as if she wasn't affected by what had just happened seconds ago. She sat back down and continued eating, making sure she chewed everything thoroughly. She watched as Dipper left his chair to obtain the journals from Ford.

Watching Dipper talk his way into getting the journals made Mabel smile into anticipation. She finished eating her breakfast and jumped from the chair and rushed beside Dipper and hugged Ford. "Thank you Grunkle Ford!" She waited until he was out of sight to turn to her brother. "I'll go get the camera and stuff!" She ran towards their room and returned after a few moments with the boom and camera. "Camerawoman Mabel reporting for duty! What are we going to investigate now? Bigfoot? The Manotaurs? Your horrible inability to talk to people without your voice cracking?" She asked the question in a jokingly tone as she nudged him in the side trying to get him to laugh.

Stanford was surprised with the hug, but gladly accepted it, smiling at Mabel. "No problem, Mabel." he said, then walked away, saying "Oh, Dipper. I left the journals in the laboratory." and he walked inside the said laboratory. Dipper looked at Mabel, smiling. This was a great idea, and a great day. He could explore, but with all of the three journals, he could investigate so much more! And with Mabel's help he could also record it for future use, or to help other people who come across such anomalies. Dipper quickly went for the journals, taking them all and packing them into a neat, blue-white bag, that he would carry around. He already took out number 3 and started reading, waiting for Mabel to return.

He saw Mabel coming back with all the stuff required to record whatever they find, then Dipper said "Great. We will-" he stopped, when he heard Mabel joking and nudging him. He looked at her with a serious, rather upset face. In anger, he yelled "I don't know what you're talking aboout." but during the yell his voice cracked. "DAMNIT!" he yelled even louder, then after a veeery long sigh, proceeded to look at Mabel and said "That was uncalled for, you know?" with a very anxious voice. Dipper crossed his arms and scowled at her, with the Journal between them. "But yes!" he said, opening his eyes a bit and looking up, as his expression changed back to normal. He opened the Journal and started scrolling through the pages, with his finger glooming over the book. "We will look into...." he started saying, then stopped scrolling through the many pages, putting his finger up against a drawing of a flying eyeball with two, bat-like wings. "This!" he said, then showed it to Mabel. "What do you think? Flying eyeballs with wings?" he asked for his sister's opinion.

Mabel snickered as she heard the crack in his voice. "Ah come on! You know I was kidding!" She patted him on the back before leaning forward to further inspect the page. "It looks creepy." She muttered under her breath, but looking at Dipper's expression, she sighed and smiled. "That means we'll just have to keep an EYE out for him. Hahahaha...Why aren't you laughing? That was perfect material!" Mabel's expression turned to normal as she continued holding on to the equipment. "Alright. Does it say in the journal where we can find them? They look like they could be found in a cave.." She observed as she studied the journal page.

"Well we found our first subject. Mystery twins away!" Mabel held the bag that contained the equipment and marched outside, waving goodbye to Wendy and Stan. Wendy looked at Mabel and her bag and raised a curious eyebrow. "Hey. Where are you dudes off too?" Mabel smiled and walked beside the red-haired teenager. "Well Wendy, we're off to investigate-" Her eyes widened as she remembered that Stan was in the room. "We're going to investigate how many tourists we can get to the Mystery Shack? Isn't that right Dipper?" She turned to her brother and laughed nervously. Stan, who was now blinded by the thought of potential customers, rubbing his hands together. "That sounds like a great idea!"

Dipper let out an air current from his nose, it was meant to represent lack of trust. "Yeah, right..." he muttered in disbelief, crossing his arms. Then sighed, remembering that his sister was... well... his sister. He couldn't change it. But still, she was adorable in an annoying... unserious way. "Sure. That was really perfect." he responded, raising his voice a bit and chuckling. He did it only to appease her. She deserved a little laugh from her brother once in a while, besides she'd probably calm down a bit if he did. He listened to her question and looked inside. "Yeeep. They live a bit to the north, in some caves." he responded.

He followed Mabel outside, then saw Wendy and heard her question. He let Mabel answer. He was glad that his sister did it, as her previous... 'joke' reminded him of the possibility of his voice cracking, planting a small seed of fear in Dipper's mind. He looked at the way that Mabel got herself out of the situation and smiled a bit, in a weirdly sinister way. Then once she turned the attention to him, he returned to his normal expression and rubbed the back of his head. "O-Oh, yeah. We're going to see if we can get tourists for you, Grunkle Stan." he cooperated with his sister. After all, that little, unimportant lie was for the greater good of all science, exploration and the benefit of everyone that would watch the guide.

Dipper walked outside, waiting for Mabel and the equipment. He held the Journal in his hand, looking at a map of all the locations with the eye-bats on. He took out a black marker and marked the locations on a much, much easier to read and a newer tourist map. It's benefit was that it had all the paths in the forest marked, so they wouldn't get lost. He hid the journal in his bag again and waited for Mabel, holding the map in his hands. Once she was outside he asked "Alright. Are you ready, Mabel? Are you sure you have everything?" Dipper didn't really doubt his sister, or her skill in finding items that they needed, but he still decided to ask, just to make sure everything's alright.

As Mabel walked outside, she nodded and knelt down placing the bag in front of her. "I sure am. Camera? Check! Sound equipment? Check! Grappling gun? Check!" She pulled out everything out of the bag as she checked. "Ah! And first aid! I'm happy I didn't forget that!" As silly as it sounded, she wanted to make sure she was prepared just in case she or Dipper needed it. "Sorry. I only have Sev'ral Timez bandages." She laughed nervously, knowing Dipper would have a problem with it. "Looks like we have everything we need! Let's go get ourselves some footage!" The girl said in an attempt to rally her brother's spirit.

Mabel looked over at the map Dipper had and saw all of the marked locations. It looked like they were going to do a bit of walking. Not that she minded. It was a way to burn some of her energy and boy she had a lot of energy. "So where do you want to start looking? I vote we start here." We pointed at one of the points he had marked. "But you're the guide so I'll follow wherever you lead us to!"

Dipper nodded to the fact that everything was with her, sighing when she mentioned Sev'ral Timez. "Very good." he said, still looking at the map. "Good job, Mabel." he said, giving her a patient smile when she mentioned getting footage. In that, Dipper shared his current interest with his sister. Something that could be said rather rarely about the twins. Taking note of her vote, he nodded "Mhm. Sure, let's start here." he responded in a serious, but not strict tone. He led the way, holding the map and making sure they won't get lost anywhere. That would probably be the worst thing to happen today, Grunke Ford warned them not to get into any danger, because Grunkle Stan would be mad.

After nearly 20 minutes of walking, Dipper lowered the map and looked in front of him, to see a rather sinister cave, he looked at Mabel with the corner of his vision and stopped. "It's here. Let's start recording. I assume you tested the camera and the sound equipment before we walked over here, right?" he asked. Then Dipper realized that he maybe should have asked this later, but still. Dipper did not doubt his sister, he was just making sure that the equipment is working before they started recording anything. The whole point of the guide was to explore anomalies and then post them on the internet to help other people in finding them, but they couldn't really do that much if they would not have anything to share. That thought crossed Dipper's mind, making him feel a bit anxious, but he remained calm on the outside, awaiting his sister's response that everything's alright.

Mabel grinned and nodded as Dipper took her advice on where to travel first. She figured that they wouldn't get easily lost if they went there first. At the mention of starting the camera, Mabel took her earphones and the camera out of the bag. "Of course. I mean I know how much this means to you. There's no way I'd try to ruin it. But we can do another take, just to make sure." At this point, the camera was placed on her shoulder and she pressed the record button and started walking around the area. "See Dipper? Everything is just fine. Trust me." She gave him a small smile and pointed at him as a sign for him to begin.

After she pointed at him, her eyes widened at what appeared to be a shadow moving behind her brother. "Dipper...." She whispered and pointed behind him. "Something's behind you.... Dipper..." She whispered louder pointing frantically behind her twin. After a moment, the shadow would stop moving and be gone. Mabel hoped it would come back before her brother turned around. Otherwise it would look like she interrupted him for nothing. 'Come on. Come back! I don't need Dipper to think I'm playing jokes on him.' She begged for the shadow to come back but it seemed to be gone completely. She sighed in disappointment and looked up at Dipper. "Never mind. It's gone now. Maybe we can find it further in the woods?" She suggested hoping her brother wasn't upset at her.

He sighed, but it was more of a sigh of relief, rather than annoyance. He looked around, seeing her do the whole recording. "Good job, Mabel." he said, complimenting her for good work. "This is going to be easy then. We just need to record the eye-bats, and go back. I'm sure they're inside." Dipper said, rather confidently. He walked after his sister, for a bit, but then heard her warning about something behind her. What could be behind him? He didn't take her seriously at first, but... she did look a bit disturbed.

Dipper turned around, but he saw nothing. "Uh... Mabel..." he muttered, seeing nothing. He heard what she said and responded "Listen. You need to take this a bit more seriously, alright?" he asked her, a bit upset. Stupid, childish pranks are no place for an expedition like this one. Dipper shaked his head in dissaproval, crossing his arms and looking at her with an uncontent smile. He walked towards the cave and when they were close, he said. "Alright. Just start the recording." he instructed his sister, getting prepared for recording the guide.

Mabel bit her lip, obviously upset. "But I did see something...." She muttered hurt that Dipper thought she was playing a joke. However, she silently started the recording and pointed to him as a signal to start. As she started, she saw the shadow move again, but she bit her lip. She wasn't going to draw attention to it only to have it disappear. Hopefully, the camera would pick it up. As she kept recording her brother, the shadow moved behind him. "Dipper...Move a bit to your left..." Mabel whispered while moving her hand. She wanted to get it in the shot, but also didn't want to anger her brother again.

Mabel took a step forward trying to get more of the woods in, but also remembered to keep Dipper in the shot. As she got closer, the shadow ran away again leaving the twins alone for good. Mabel sighed happily that it had ran off but also disappointed that her twin wasn't able to see it.

Dipper sighed, but noticed her being upset. If it was a joke, she'd laugh already. Dipper followed that mindset and logic, and putting his finger up to his chin he nodded. "You know, it does... Well. I do believe you, kindof." he muttered. He noticed what she said, and sighing. "Why?" as he moved over a decisive, slight step to the left, still looking at Mabel. His arms were crossed and he scowled at Mabel. "What are you recording?" he asked, turning around to see nothing behind him. Dipper shook his head in dissapointment. Was Mabel really playing stupid jokes and tricks on him? She was not taking this seriously. He was right not to take her earlier.

"Mabel, would you kindly stop and take this... seriously? You're just making fun of me." he said, distraught and upset. He rose his hands as he spoke. Dipper returned to his normal stance and said "Let's just go see the eye-bats, record them and go back." with a little dissapointment in his twin, and the fact that she did not take this as seriously as she promised. He understood little jokes, or even jumpscares. But she was halting their progress quite a bit. Sighing, Dipper took out a piece of cardboard and started writing something on it, with his marker. "Are you ready?" he asked, holding it up to the camera. The cardboard had the following written on it, with a black marker "Dipper's guide to the unexplained. #152 "The Eyebats." "

As Mabel recorded the shadow, Dipper's comments were making her more and more upset. Just because she was trying to record something didn't mean she wasn't taking it seriously. "I am taking this seriously. Dipper I swear I saw something. Why can't you have a little faith in me just this once?" She asked, obviously hurt and upset at her twin's reaction. It was already too late when she sensed the disappointment in his tones and actions. There goes a fun day of mystery... She thought angrily as she silently nodded at her brother's question and began recording him. This time, she made sure to focus solely on him and whatever he planned to do.

As she was recording, a sense of anger built up inside of her. Why was it that when she was trying to record something he didn't see automatically made it a waste of time? Why did it mean she wasn't taking it seriously. She could understand it if she had said she was joking, but she really had saw something. She would have believed him if he brought something to her attention. Why couldn't he do the same for her?

Dipper's expression neutralized a bit, he noticed her sister's anger and gave her a short, patient smile. After a moment, he returned to his normal expression. Maybe she was right? Did she really see something? Otherwise she would not be upset like this, instead informing Dipper about what happened. Dipper decided to apologize after they were done, and go look around with Mabel for that... thing, or whatever else she had seen. Unless this was a really complex prank, that involved him apologizing and along with Mabel, going on such an adventure, only to discover she was joking. Dipper shrugged to himself, clearly overthinking the situation.

Dipper looked straight at the camera and held up the cardboard piece to it, then moved up one of his hands to his mouth and cleaned his throat, to get a better tone and voice for the recording. He once again remembered the voice-cracking, the thought of that happening didn't terrify him this much, as they can simply restart the recording and considering he was alone with his twin no one else would even notice. Dipper moved his hand onto the piece of cardboard again and said "Dipper's guide to the unexplained. Anomaly 152, the eyebats." with a steady voice. He pulled the cardboard away and continued "It is said that in these caves lives a weird being, called an eye-bat. An eye-bat is a mixture of an eye, with the exception of also having bat wings for movement. Follow me inside." as he walked towards one of the caves, leading the way there.

Mabel's expression didn't falter, even with the patient smile. She was still pretty peeved, both at the shadow and at her brother. She simply continued recording as Dipper read his cardboard sign. As he motioned for her to follow him inside of the cave, she went along. As they ventured deeper into the cave, the moist air in the cave made her pull her sweater to her nose. "Eww... It smells terrible." She complained as the scent of the outside and damp animal, if it was in fact an animal, meshed together. If the eye-bats were in here, it wouldn't surprise her one bit. At least they wouldn't be able to smell anything.

The light seemed to dim as they traveled more into the cave. Well of course it would Mabel. We are walking deeper into a cave. As Dipper kept narrating for the video, Mabel could feel her mood lift a little. "Uh Dipper? Do you think they would be deeper inside the cave? I mean I know they're supposed to be a giant eye, but would they have night vision?" She asked genuinely curious as she imagined the eye-bats flying around and bumping into each other in the dark.

Dipper sighed and led them inside the cave. He covered his nose from the smell and responded, agreeing with his sister on this one. "I can agree on THAT. It smells like Grunkle Stan's room, except far worse." Dipper said. The cave itself however, fascinated him. Why would such organisms like a combination of an eye; seemingly a human one, and a bat: live in a cave like this? They had to be really complex life-forms, Dipper thought. That filled him with excitement and determination, but he kept going onward. He wanted to see them, record them and describe them to the whole world. It doesn't matter if people called it a fake. It was the science that mattered.

Dipper nodded to his sister's question. "Well, I suppose so. I guess they adapted to dark enviroments. Maybe they have night vision, or maybe they glow in the dark? We'll find out together, when we find them." he said. On the last line, he heavily changed his tone to a determined, serious one. He was hoping to bring up excitement in his sister, just like the one that he felt. Dipper stopped when he heard something in the darkness. There was something inside of the cave, as sounds of scratching could be heard. Dipper looked at Mabel and the camera "Did you hear that?" he asked. What both of the twins didn't know was that the eye-bats' insticts were more of a bat, rather than an eye... which is kind of obvious. A big swarm of said creatures was on the ceiling above them, scratching it with their clawy wings.

"Glow in the dark eyes? Oh, that'd be a great Halloween decoration...if we didn't have to worry about them scaring the guests away." Mabel imagined how a Halloween party would go with glow in the dark eye bats. In the end, not so well. She imagined one of the guests being dragged off while Grenda punched most of them. Thanks to Dipper's excitement, a bit of her's started to come back as well. "Yeah and who knows? Maybe one will come back with us! We can name them...Eyelene!" Mabel held her face, proud of the horrible name she came up with.

When Dipper looked into the camera, Mabel shook her head. "Nope. Maybe you're just hearing things. Like that scratching noise...wait a minute..." Mabel looked around finally hearing what her brother had been talking about. Pointing the camera upwards, Mabel gasped and stared at the huge swarm of eyeballs peering at her and Dipper. She felt chills run down her spine. Finding one of them would have been fine, but it was another story if you had a huge swarm of them staring down at you from the ceiling of a dark cave. For the first time today, Mabel found herself speechless and unwilling to make a sound. She grabed her brother's sleeve and pointed upward as her eyes stayed glued to the creatures above.

He listened to Mabel's offer of turning eye-bats into halloween decorations, then responded "Scaring them away? Isn't that the point?" with a rather intrigued tone. Dipper thought again, take one of them? Maybe... if they weren't dangerous, that is. Dipper looked at Mabel in the nearly absolute darkness of the cave, trying to find out where his twin is. "Eyelene? I was thinking we could name it Tyrone." he said, as Tyrone was the name that Dipper always wanted to have.

As he was looking at Mabel, when she looked at the ceiling she seemed rather scared. He looked up, feeling her grab he looked upwards to see what the fuss was about, only to gain the terrifying sight of tens of winged eyeballs staring right through him. He slowly backed out, whispering "Okay... slowly now, don't startle them... let's just get out." to Mabel and to the camera.

Mabel nodded as she slowly started to back out beside her brother. Slowly.... Slowly.... She calmly reminded herself of her brother's advice. As she took another step back, she felt her foot trip on a rock sending her backwards. "Oof!" She said as she hit the ground with the camera safely in her lap. She scurried backwards as she heard more scratching noises from the ceiling. It looked like some of the eye-bats looked ready to fly. She got to her feet as soon as possible and held the camera close to her chest. "Uhh Dipper. I think we should run for it." She whispered as the rest of the crowd of eye bats started getting restless.

As soon as she finished her statement, the eye-bats took off prompting Mabel to grab her brother's hand and book it to the entrance. The swarm surrounded them causing Mabel to see nothing but wings and eyes. It was a horrifying sight causing Mabel to tighten her grip on her brother's hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back