• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Diner CS

Main
Here

MrMopp

Two Thousand Club
“I ain’t asking for a three page essay on you, aright? Just gimme the gist.

Who are ya: “NAME PLEASE“.

What do ya look like?: “In ex-cruc-iating detail if you please.”

Your personality: “so like, what sums you up? If someone was gonna describe you in one way in one sentence...”

What’s your story: “Do or don’t. Your life is your beeswax.”

Whats your thing?: “Come on, your thing! What do you do that’s out of the ordinary? Magic? Super powers? Can you whistle “Amazing Grace” through your nose? THAT thing!”

Pets/familiars/animal companions: “Bring any smelly friends with ya?”

Last edited:
THE LOONIES WHO WORK HERE

Don: “As in Me, Myself and I. I’m the bar tender and proprietor of the Pan-Dimensional Diner and I rule this joint with limited damn-giving and a bottle of aspirin. I ain’t hard to spot, just look behind the counter for the big boned Mr Clean lookalike with the Brooklyn accent.”

“I’m told i got a demeanor of four S’s: Surly, Snarky, Sarcastic, Stressed. But hey, if I got high blood pressure, I got years of working this nuthouse to blame. I’ve seen it all fellas, and lemme tell ya, ain’t no drama like pan-dimensional drama. But grump aside I ain’t that bad. I figure I treat my bar peeps well, and if ya got problems to lay on me, I’ll listen. Just stick to the rules and don’t be a dingbat we’ll get along fine.”
Build: Short but stocky. Looks like he lifts weights.
Eyes: Green
Hair: None to speak of.
Distinguishing features. Aside from looking like a skinhead, he’s got these big bushy eyebrows that handle a wide range of grumpy and exasperated expressions. At the moment he’s wearing a white, tight fitting T-shirt with DON printed across the front in bold.

Thing: “Poofing.” That’s what he calls it. With a snap of his fingers, Don can instantly alter some aspect of reality within the diner in a dramatic poof of smoke, but only once and then he has to give it about an hours rest, otherwise the next poof might not do what he expects. Not that he tells people that.

Don typically employs this power to halt brawls, confiscate drawn weapons right out peoples hands or simply teleport troublesome customers out of the diner, but he has been known to turn people into bunnies when he loses his temper. Fortunately, the effect wears of after a few minutes.

Boomer: “See those kitchen doors behind me? The ones have "Beware of the Cook" and "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter here" smeared on 'em in red paint? Yeah. Betcha thought that was pretty funny.”

“Boomer Johnson - aka, “Satan’s Lunch Lady”- is our very own mad-dog cook. Back in his day, ol’ Boomer was a murderous, cowboy-era bandit before his midlife crises hit. He works in our kitchen now, channeling his white hot frustration into food prep and making it scream for mercy.”

“The chow ain’t bad, Boomer knows his stuff, but his prep technique is.... uhhhh... compensating for something. He’s famously been known for tossing donuts in the air- two to three at a time- and nailing the holes in them with his pistols. Other sins against God and the orthodox have included lighting the grill by cuss’n at it, putting gunpowder is his coffee, cutting cantaloupes with a cavalry sword, branding his name on beaf steaks, threatening picky customers with spaghetti noodle nooses and marking unfinished tombstone headings on birthday cakes. Trust me, we DO try to keep him away from people.”
Build: tall and lanky, like a bow legged scarecrow.
Eyes: reddish brown
Hair: Black
Distinguishing Features: has a scar above his right eye and across his cheek. Also has a black cowboy hat that he never takes off and a fiery death glare that he never turns off.

Yahlie: “Y’know if I ever get a golden retriever, I’m naming it after this gall.”

“Our bright eyed and literally bushy tailed waitress, Yahlie‘s a furry yellow bipedal fox/squirrelish thing who’s skinny and bendy as a noodle and talks like a caffeinated cavewoman. You’ll usually see her bopp’n around the diner with her notepad, chat’n it up in third person and radiating lethal levels of happy-go-lucky sunshine.”

“Between you and me, Yahlies can be a migraine and a half. She’s loud, she’s hyper, she can’t read social cues, won’t shut up, and of course what’s this personal space things? . BUT she’s cute and she gets away with it, and there is no denying it; shes good with the crowd. She’s unconditionally friendly with everyone, actively keeping up the hospitality In the room when I ain’t got an ounce and she actively goes out of her way to help disoriented looking newbies feel more at home. In a way she walks a fine like between the diners mascot and mom.”

“Now, being a world class socialite don’t made Yahlie a pushover, and considering the kinda brawls we get around here, GOOD FOR HER. aside from having teeth and frigg’n claws, she’s got this “six sense” crap going on where she can sense hostile emotions. Real handy actually. If someone’s about to get a knifed over a card game, she can get in there and diffuse the situation before anyone gets hurt.... or just tackle the aggressors and wrestle him into in a choke hold till he says uncle. Whatever works. To boot, she can also sniff out customers with superhuman powers, magical or otherwise, and sometimes even guess what they do. So if something walks in that makes her fur stands on end, I know to who to keep an eye on.”
Build: sleek and slim
Eyes: turquoise
Fur color: sunshine yellow
Distinguishing features: has a narrow, foxlike face- ears, muzzle and all- and a long bushy tail that twitches frequently

Trina: “new kid. We’ll get there when we get there.”

Last edited:
⋄ ronu kanim, but please, call me ruu
⋄ my sister insists that i'm a lover, not a fighter
⋄ i've been around. royal blood courses through my veins, but i don't deserve any special treatment because of it
my thing is creating and manipulative some arcane smoke, though my bloodline ability of shifting is likely more interesting
⋄ i've got no pets with me as of now, but i'm always on the lookout for something different

Who are ya: "This one is called Yatarrak."Yatarrak, Galactic Merchant.png

What do ya look like?: "Yatarrak looks like this. This one is not allowed to reveal one's face. Bad for business."

Your personality: "This one is driven to compete with others in trading. Yatarrak very friendly and fair trader. Good for business."

What’s your story: "Yatarrak is renowned galactic merchant. Known across several sectors, yes? Yatarrak famous for selection of merchandise. Rare or not, Yatarrak has it. But remember to bring coin! This one has a family to feed."

Whats your thing?: "Yatarrak can find anything. If you need it, this one will sell it. It may take some time but Yatarrak always keeps a promise, yes? Honoring deals is good for business. Yatarrak also has six arms, ten eyes and three mouths."

Pets/familiars/animal companions: "Yatarrak only bring animals to sell. This one don't understand the concept of 'pets', all they do is cost money no? Pets bad for business."

Who are ya:
Dr. Adrian Barlon, 74 years old, Male

What do ya look like?:
1577961500547.png
(Credits to the owner of the picture)
Standing at 5'6 and underweight by 15% of his ideal height weight. Dr. Barlon wears a white lab coat over his dirty brown button up shirt and black tie accompanied with black slacks and shoes. An ID of him is well hidden within his coat.

Your personality:
Dr. Barlon is a man of peace. A soft spoken individual, an intelligent being, the founding father of genetic weapons of mankind. Given his kind and forgiving attitude he was a different man back then. A changed man now, expected from a lonely father.

What’s your story:
Although not comfortable with sharing his story. There were official recordings gathered that he is the Head scientist of the human genetic engineering organization and is in charge of the GAIA project. He is a wanted man in his world for [LOST DATA], [LOST DATA], [LOST DATA] and the [LOST DATA]. The rest is history.

Whats your thing?:
Despite being the man responsible for discovering the human bio-weaponization in his world. He despises mentioning his talents or even practice it. Making him just another regular patron.

Whatcha got there?
The child 404.JPG

Dr. Barlon's most prized possession. A small child's doll made with a soft fabric. Nothing special about it's functions other than being a toy but to the old man holds a dear memory. Infact this is the most noticeable item on the old man's appearance. This small doll safely displayed on his left breast pocket of his labcoat.

Last edited:
hope its not too late to join this!

Who are ya: “ Sabjorn Fenrarke“.

What do ya look like?: “You have eyes, don't ya?” 6'3" 210lbs muscular and broad shouldered, wears heavy plate mail most of the time. Get him out of that and you'll see intricate tattoos going down from his neck to his legs and down both arms. Has blond hair tied back in a small ponytail and two braids, and blue eyes. There's a scar over his right eye, leaving him half blind, and a scar over his chest.
Screenshot_48.png

Your personality: “Smart, good-looking, and exceedingly strong. Ladies love me.” Kind of an idiot, but the lovable kind. Rugged and unrefined.

What’s your story: “Uhh, personal stuff aside, I travel Tamriel as a mercenary. Until I got sucked into the Three Alliance War anyways, now I fight for the Ebonheart Pact, and since I got about half my soul ripped out by Molag Bal, I guess I'm destined to stop him, too.”

Whats your thing?: “Well, I guess that would be that I'm a Dragonknight. You know, I use the power of dragons to fight. Like changing my arm into dragon claws or breathing fire -- well, I breathe poison actually, but you get what I mean. I can also change my skin to molten dragon scales to give myself a defensive boost. That sort of stuff. Wears me out doin' it a bunch, though, so no, I will not be doing any 'party tricks.'”

Pets/familiars/animal companions: "I have a horse I got from the Dragonguard, helps me hunt dragons when they show up. I'll leave him outside the building, though."

Sir Sabjorn, make yourself at home.

For his sake, though, I sure HOPE he’s wearing more than a pair of briefs. Don would have an aneurysm!.

oh don't worry, that's just ref for his tattoos lol
like i said, he usually wears heavy plate mail armor lmao

888aa7da5c462eb88ece8b1042a0eb36.jpg
⋄ just call me tori. it makes life much easier
⋄ i always wear black. black leggings and long sleeves are often matched with combat boots and, of course, a black hair tie. i hold nothing against lace as long as it doesn’t interfere with my movement
⋄ i’m many things, but i suppose my sheer exhaustion with sentient creatures takes center stage
⋄ much of my life has been spent doing good deeds for all the wrong reasons, so i suggest you keep your hero worship to yourself
⋄ if it wasn’t plainly visible from the living vines upon my head, i can control all manner of living plant matter. grow, decay, create- i can do it all
⋄ i've nothing permanent, but i do occasionally create arboreal creatures

Who are ya: Vasu 'Koromai

What do ya look like?: Vasu is a seven-foot tall muscular saurian-sapient species; bipedal and grey in color. In addition to donning ornamental, ceremonial powered armor, he has tetradactyl hands and digitigrade legs and feet. His head had black, beady eyes and a jaw that splits into four 'mandible' appendages filled with razor-sharp teeth. If you look closely at his mouth, you can very well see the back of his throat.

Your personality: Vasu is cold, snide, and often possessing a superiority complex toward those viewed below him. However, he has been shown to show respect and even a curious interest toward those either to best him in combat, or anyone of a honorbound warrior heritage that shares his same beliefs.

What’s your story: Vasu Koromai has been alive for nearly a hundred years; with 82 of them sworn into military service by the Covenant. When the Great Schism happened, Vasu was one of the few to escape with a handful of Sangheili refugees on a CSO-Class Supercarrier. However, due to a malfunction upon commencing a Slipspace jump, the Sangheili has vanished without a trace. Possibly being dumped twenty feet above the street to the diner onto the cold, hard ground.

Whats your thing?: Vasu wears a suit of powered armor, and carries a fancy-lookin' hilt that activates into a plasma sword. Additionally, hidden in the wrist gauntlets are two miniature plasma daggers. Of course he wouldn't deploy these to kill anyone who didn't pose a threat.

Pets/familiars/animal companions: N/A

(Full bio if anyone's interested in a read):

ba59704d021f63889bc2ceedd59d7334.jpg

(Referenced to gauge height proportional to Humans, Sangheili average 7-8 feet tall.)

Name: Vasu ‘Koromai

Nicknames/Aliases: N/A

Alignment: Lawful Evil/True Neutral

Fandom: Halo

Gender/Sexuality: Male

Species: Sangheili (Macto cognatus)

Appearance (closer version):
latest

Personality: Vasu has always been imposing, intimidating, and feared among his peers for his relentless devotion to accomplishing his objectives at any cost. Humans and cybernetics are looked down upon as beings that are inferior or unclean, and other aliens will be met with resentment for their capabilities both on the battlefield and as individuals. However, his experiences in battle as well and his code of honors have ultimately lead for him to develop a deep respect for those who can equate him in combat, as well as those who share the same mindset and morality. Few have come to earn the respect of Vasu, and even fewer have been liked as an ally by the Sangheili Zealot.

Backstory: Being alive for nearly a hundred years, this Sangheili’s memory has faded to only remember the engagements, promotions, and successions in his duty to the Covenant. As with all Sangheili warriors, they are indoctrinated into the military at a young age, and in his case, his first fond memory was being sworn into the Covenant as a Minor. From there, the rest is history to him. Except for one small detail.

In 2552, Vasu was one of the numerous refugees who narrowly escaped with their lives from the ensuing chaos aboard High Charity, when the Great Schism commenced. The Covenant, the only thing he knew since being taken from Sanghelios, was fractured in two. The Jiralhanae finally made their move at the hands of the Prophet of Truth’s order, and commenced a genocide against the Sangheili race. With his mind sworn to revenge against the Covenant remains, Vasu never got a chance. Escaping with a CSO full of refugees, the first and last FTL jump ended with Vasu seeing a bright flash of white light, and an environment as alien as the void of space.

Skills: Vasu is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant. His Energy Sword is his deadliest weapon, as he seconds precision weaponry such as his Needle-Rifle to slay enemies from medium to long ranges. He possesses superior marksmanship alongside being a natural battlefield tactician, should any forces fall under his command.

Powers/Abilities: Vasu’s only ‘power’ resides in his resilience and strength as a warrior. He possesses no augmentations or powers of any kind.

Weaknesses: Vasu’s main weaknesses stim from his own limited flexibility in situations solely because of his Sangheili culture. Unless forced with a backing logic from whoever is trying to help him, he will not either a vehicle or seek medical attention if wounded; as these actions are considered dishonorable by Sangheili standards. His other main weakness is his own temperamental mindset, being quick and easy to anger in almost any situation where he is likely to be irritated.

Gear:

-Sangheili Personal Shield: These small, multiple shield emitters are interwoven into the Sangheili’s Combat Harness; projecting a white magnetic field around the wearer. Unlike MJOLNIR shields, these shields are superior in comparison; able to deflect and absorb low-caliber munitions and even survive a single direct hit from an M19 Rocket Launcher.

-Sangheili Zealot Combat Harness: This Harness is heavily ceremonial in nature, boasting a unique ornamental design of deep burgundy and brown with white powered lights on the armor. Even if the shields fail, the armor can withstand multiple strikes from a variety of weapon types before ultimately failing.

-Type-31 Needler Rifle: This alien precision rifle fires high-speed, pink crystalline needles. Lacking a homing ability in favor of increased speed, these projectiles still possess the same lethality as the Needler. What makes these individual projectiles so deadly is the fact that they explode a few seconds after impacting with soft tissue; causing heavy internal damage and serious infection if medical care is not sought. Additionally, multiple imbedded needles can chain their explosive power in what is known as a ‘supercombine’, carrying the potential to rip organic targets into chunks.
These needles are virtually harmless against metallic or other refractive surfaces, and will break into fine shards upon hitting shields, walls, or even trees.

-Type-1 Energy Weapon/Sword: A holy weapon that is exclusively used by Sangheili swordsman, this blade is actually two ionized plasma ‘blades’ secured in place by a magnetic field, with a generator housed in the handle of the weapon. The weapon’s blades can cut through armor and shields with ridiculous ease; able to slash through UNSC Titanium-A plating used exclusively on their ships. It can be recharged, but each killing strike reduces the weapon’s battery by 10%, allowing for a maximum of ten successful strikes before being depleted.

-Active Camouflage (Advanced): This advanced system of Active Camouflage works by bending the wavelengths of light around the user; rendering them invisible to the naked eye in a matter of seconds. While capable of remaining concealed while moving through the battlefield, opening fire with any weapon, or any stray shots connecting with the user, will reveal the form of the Sangheili and thus allow for subsequent follow-up strikes if the user does not seek cover and vanish once again.

-Energy Dagger: Housed in the wrist gauntlets of Sangheili Majors, Ultras and higher ranking Sangheili, these small cousins to the Energy Sword have a significantly reduced length and range, but are ever deadlier because of the unrestricted movement granted to the wielder. Whereas an Energy Sword is cumbersome in close quarters, these daggers will allow for a more fluid engagement of enemy combatants.

Quotes: “You are trying my patience. Speak now or hold your tongue.”

“At least you will die with honor.”

“The Prophets betrayed us. My kin were slaughtered at the hands of those filthy butchers. They will pay with their blood when I find them!”

Goals: Vasu has no problems acting on revenge, however if it means it is noble to save the Multiverse and to prevent his Kin’s suffering from occurring again, he will act upon restoring a balance to make sure such a goal can be accomplished.

Fears: Every Covenant species fears the destructive power of The Flood. In Vasu’s case, that is no exception. He fears dying with dishonor, or existence without a purpose.

Trivial:
-Sangheili smell faintly of leather. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back