• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dimension Academy 2: Deus's Return

"Sure thing! Ill give her a call right now." Jarius looked for his phone in his pocket. Lucky for him it he took it with him in the final battle and it surprisingly still worked even though it was frozen for an indefinite amount of time. How convenient! Jarius pressed a button and the screen lit up, the background being a picture of a sexually suggestive anthropomorphic Pikachu. Good times. Jarius found his way to the contacts list and saw Shara's number. Hopefully her number in the last world and this world were the same. Jarius his the dial button and listened to it ring.

@Homage ((I know its not a lot to reply to, so I would be fine if you didnt reply to this post but rather one that has more going on to reply to.))

@The Suspicious Eye

Megaera Gott - Train Station in Dione

Megaera stared at him as it literally looked like Kano was about to explode. There was just no other way to put it, the boy looked as though his face would just turn into a giant bomb and make its own little sun. "Uhhhmm..." Before she could say anything, the words came tumbling out of his mouth, and honestly what was with this boy and the ice cream? Pack? What pack? She already had-. Next thing she knew, he'd done several fancy tricks in quick succession and before she could follow his command and close her eyes, he snapped and their surroundings changed in an instant. She gasped. They were in a train station. Megaera had been to plenty of transportation hubs, and was not afraid of them, but it was a shock to suddenly go from the safety and comfort of a small room with only one other person in it, to a crowded terminal with people from all walks of life bustling about. It was a bit of an overload on the senses. She snapped her eyes shut belatedly, then heard Kano's voice right behind her ear, which made her jump a little. Every once in a while peeking between her eyelids, she let him guide her through most of the people, wondering where exactly he was taking her. She let her hands curl into tight, protective fists.

Still, what she did see seemed a bit strange. People were stepping out of their way smoothly and easily, much more so than she'd ever experienced before. It was probably another one of Kano's tricks, but she didn't ask, some part of her was nervous to ask, so instead she asked, "Where are we going?" in a voice much more calm, cold, and composed than she felt. She was at once excited and apprehensive, trusting and deeply doubtful.

@Rantos

((Sorryyy I can get slow sometimesss))

Shara who had spent most of her peaceful day trying not to curse everyone, just sat down after a nice long shower. Her hair was still wet and she was sitting in the living room in a t-shrit and boxers. She noticed that her phone was ringing and went to pick it up. "Hello? Shara speaking?" She was curious at to who it could be, she didn't recognize the number. Maybe it's a missed call or something.

Deep in the forest and On top of the Dorm room roofs, the eggs hatched and two tiny little fluff balls grew from them. The first in the forest had it s fun by chasing the smaller animals and eating them whole. The second was sneaking around on the terrace near violet and swallowed a squirrel whole. The two smiled a large toothy grin as they continued to eat other animals.

The small puff ball with Charlotte began to purr as she held it against her. It liked warm things unlike the annoying loud mouthy one. It turned and snapped at the boy, it's eyes turning a deep red. It growled and began to grow bigger. It grew to a palm held puff ballet to a house sized black fluffy puff ball. It opened it's mouth and hundreds of teeth were shown. They began to spin around inside it's mouth as the creature gave a loud howl.

(Shock Awe!)

Nurse's office - Jarius

Jarius's face lit up with happiness as soon as he heard Shara's voice come from his cellphone. He gave Mari an ecstatic thumbs up before coughing, trying to clear his throat. "Yes hello? Shara this is Jarius, I have the opportunity of a lifetime waiting for you in the palm of Mari's supple hands." Jarius gave Mari an over exaggerated wink and another thumbs up. "So me and her are starting an organization to stop Deus and we were wondering if you wanted t-" Jarius's stopped mid sentence when he heard a loud howl outside. He looked out one of the many windows and saw a giant puff ball with chainsaw teeth. That had Deus written all over it. "Shara, ima have to call you back. An old friend needs my attention." Jarius stood up, his eyes locked on the puff ball, the memories that it spurred put a demented, twisted smile on his face. It was hard to track what was going on inside of his head. But one thing was for sure, an unthinkable blood lust was seemingly emanating off of him. Jarius walked to the cabinet and grabbed another epipen. "Look closely Mari. This has Deus all over it. It's either that or some weird ass terrorist attack." With a pep in his step Jarius walked out of the nurse's office and started his way to the giant puff ball.

@Homage

@The Suspicious Eye

City of Dione - Kano Shuuya

"Come, come Megaera. Oh what fun! What glorious fun!" Kano was basically skipping as he guided Megaera through the train station. He loved the city. It was his sixth favorite place to go to right behind the brothel in the next city appropriately named the Alpaca hut. He's had some good times there, for a few years it was his second home. As soon as they were out of the train station Kano took a deep breath taking in that fresh air. "Smell that air Meggy, this is the city of hails and farewells. This is Dione. Ohhhh im back." Kano looked like a giddy little kid exploring a new continent for the first time. He looked at everything with wide eyes and a smile on his face. He was so caught up in it he almost forgot about Megaera.

"Oh, where are we going. Well just to explore the sites and get some ice cream. Consider me your guide right now, I know this city like the back of my hand. Anything you might want to see?" It wasn't till now that Kano saw that Megaera still had her eyes closed. He put a hand on one of her shoulders and with a softer, lower and slower tone of voice said. "Hey are you ok? Sorry If im moving too fast. I got a little caught up in the moment."

@firejay1

Mari

Nurse's Office - Well, Sorta

Mari had followed the conversation as best she could, but Jarius giving up all of their information just seemed stupid. Was Shara really that trustworthy? Things only seemed to further deteriorate when a giant ball of fluff appeared overhead, looking like something out of a Stephen King novel.

It was the size of a house, more or less, with an uncountable number of teeth. It was almost certainly not something of the natural world, but was it really Deus? Just a week ago he was resorting to minor chaos, would he really create murder machines with no reason to? D.E.S. (Still a foolish name) had only just begun, there was no way he had prepared for something like that so quickly. Or maybe there was someone else looking for him, someone Deus didn't want finding him.

Mari had no intention of rushing to fight such a creature with one hand and a knife. Suicide would be an understatement when describing the act of running toward that monster, but it seemed Jarius didn't care. He was going to fight that monster after only just recovering from his previous fight. Mari didn't want to risk her life like that, but she wasn't about to leave her only ally to die. "Fine, but not alone you're not." Mari said, moving off the bed to follow after him.

@Rantos

Megaera Gott - City of Dione

Fun? Well, it was rather new and interesting, and she was having a good time, peeking at the people around her, but what was he going on about? He'd been here before, grown up here. She doubted any of this was new and interesting to him. Peeking at him this time, she noticed the glow that seemed to be emanating from him. A very tiny, secret smile few people would be able to notice touched her lips at how childish he looked right then. Maybe he'd been homesick for this place, somehow. She already considered him her guide, from the beginning, and this better be some darn good ice cream.

When he put his hand on her shoulder and whispered in her ear, though, she slipped her shoulder out from under his grip and snapped her eyes open, her sharp gaze blazing with excitement, despite the fact she wasn't smiling that widely. Her hands remained tightly clasped in front of her, but it was a necessary precaution, that helped stem her nervousness in crowds at least a little. "I'm fine. Now are we going to have this world class ice cream or not?" This was... a unique situation for her. Usually, Megaera only really explored places with Simon around, so having someone else be her guide was skewing her ability to be silent and inexpressive. She was trying, certainly, but there was too much see and smell and hear to make that much of a priority at the moment.

@Rantos

Jarius - School grounds

"Thanks for coming with me Mari. I can tell this is the beginning of a long and wonderful friendship. This also marks D.E.S's first official mission. Decide if that giant puff ball is a high threat individual, if not then we will cuddle with it, if it is then we eliminate it. D.E.S mission begin. This is Jarius and I am engaging the target." As he got closer and closer Jarius started secretly hoping that this thing was nice so he could cuddle with it. It was so puffy and soft, like a pillow just coming out of the dryer, only bigger and alive. Jarius approached the two other students near the puff ball while keeping an eye on the puff ball. "Yo you two. What is that thing. And why does it mouth look like a giant portal of saliva and cavities?"

@Metaphysics

@The Suspicious Eye

Kano - City of Dione

As soon as Megaera mentioned ice cream Kano's smile returned to him. "World class doesn't even come close. Buddy this ice cream is of the finest things that God ever laid on this fair land. They say the when Adam and Eve fell God left them this recipe as a parting gift. This ice cream is some next level shit!" Of course Kano was over exaggerating but the conviction in his voice when he said that would make most people think he was speaking the truth. It was like Kano honestly believed what he was saying. Every time they walked past a land mark Kano had to make a comment about it. They passed by a museum and Kano told a few facts about how it's 100 years old and it's the only museum left that has an artifact from this long gone civilization. They passed by a factory and Kano went on and gave a whole spiel about how all the great war vehicles, weapons and even many of the great technologies that we have today were developed in Dione and made in that factory. The factory itself was a thing of beauty. It was hard to walk through the city and not see it, the amount of smoke that came out of its chimneys was enough to significantly darken the sky above the factory. After Kano's tour was done and finished the two found themselves at the entrance to the red light district. "Come on. We are almost there." Kano led Megaera into the district but on the way they passed a graveyard and as they passed it Kano froze, his gaze locked on the graveyard adjacent to the two.

@firejay1

Simon Gott - Academy Courtyard

Simon looked up nonchalantly as a boy he was sure he'd never seen before and another one of the students, Mari, came up asking what the evil creatures in Charlotte's hand was. He shrugged, and looked up from where he was switching items in his hands. "I don't know, so I can't answer that. You might want to ask the girl who thought it was a good idea to feed it her blood." He nodded in Charlotte's direction with a derisive snort, before turning his attention back to the objects flashing too quickly in and out of existence to be seen.

@Metaphysics

@The Suspicious Eye

@Rantos

Megaera Gott - City of Dione

Megaera was infected with his enthusiasm. She had been to the city before, but as she'd been basically just acquainting herself with it she hadn't had the chance to learn all the trivia surrounding some of the historic buildings. Kano's comments about how this statue was built before the factory itself, or that monument was erected for people who had died in a fire made the place seem somehow more alive and exciting. And then they were at the entrance to the red light district. She paused for a moment, not sure if she was going to be perfectly comfortable with this, but then forged on, wanting to see it, finally get a chance to explore it a bit. They walked through in relative silence. Although Kano was by no means completely quiet, he seemed subdued somehow, and she glanced at him from the corner of her eye, trying to see what had incurred the change.

Then they stopped. They had been just about to pass a graveyard, and she was sure Kano would make a comment on it at most and they's just keep moving, but the blonde boy froze, staring at a specific grave with an expression she couldn't quite decipher. Megaera moved closer, trying to see if she could pinpoint the grave that he was so fixated on. The names were not the easiest to read, but she thought... was that.... She caught sight of a familiar name on one of the headstones. She looked over at him, slightly stricken. Was there a relative of his here? That was when she remembered how he'd reacted just a week ago, after hearing Simon had gotten hurt, his sudden change in attitude. She tried meeting his eyes, grief for him in hers, saying nothing.

@Rantos

Kano - City of Dione - Red light district.

How long had it been? Two, three years since he last locked eye contact with that grave yard. There laid his pride, his sorrows, his regrets, his past but most importantly... himself. Amazing how much stuff can fit inside of a tiny little hole in the ground. Kano seemed lost, it was like he didn't know what to do or say once he looked at it. He was about to just breath heavily and pass it but then out of the corner of his eyes he saw how Megaera was looking at him. He met her eyes and saw the emotions within them, she looked as though she was grieving for Kano, this was new. It was nice that she looked as though she cared but these feelings could be spent at better places than Kano. Using both of his hands he lightly slapped his cheeks in an attempt to psych himself back up. "Sorry about that Meggy, I was trying to find some trivia about that graveyard. It was much harder to remember than one may think."

With his usual pep Kano walked up to the entrance of the graveyard and knocked on the sign that read. "The Mekakushi graveyard. Meggy, you are standing in front of an interesting graveyard. This is the biggest graveyard in Dione, maybe even the biggest out of all the neighboring cities too! Now It doesn't look big but get this, there are three floors below us. Cool right, the reason for this is because a plague broke out in this city. They had to find a way to store the dead so, this was the best." Kano pointed to a mausoleum in the center of the graveyard, it had four walls and two doors on each wall, the stairs that led down into the lower levels were in there. "But there is something really interesting about this graveyard, it holds some of the most perplexing Shuuya family history anywhere, shall we?" Kano didn't wait for an answer, he led the two to a gravestone at the end of the top floor of the graveyard. The gravestone read.

Here lies Kano Shuuya.

He loved many in a world that didn't love him back.

With a flick of his wrist a flower appeared within his hand. He let the flower rest on the ground before the gravestone. It was hard to tell what Kano was thinking, he was smiling but it wasn't out of joy or happiness, it was more because Kano didn't know what mask to put on at that moment. "With this gravestone rest's a "funny" story about some stupid, hurtful habits; would you like to hear it Megaera?"

@firejay1 ((I could have gone on for a long time about that plague. I swear to god I love writing history!))

Megaera Gott - Red Light Graveyard

Megaera listened in silence, as she had through most of his little tour guide speeches, but this time it was more solemn. He was being cheerful, but a little too much so. They drew closer to the faint name she'd seen, a headstone with the name Shuuya on it. What he hadn't expected, though, was to find the boy's full name on the headstone. Not a relative, but he himself, and she could tell from his tone of voice that it wasn't someone with the same name as him, it was really him. She looked up at him from the grave, seeing the smile on his face. It was something of a weird smile. It did't look happy or sad or really anything at all. It was just a smile, on an empty face. She smiled back at him, showing him that she knew how to make an empty face, too. "Yes, I'd like to hear it, but only if you're willing to share it." She said, quietly.

@Rantos

Kano - Red light graveyard

"I'm always willing to tell a story. I cant think of a single person that doesn't like talking about themselves." Kano returned Megaera's look only this time his smile was no longer on an empty face. Maybe he was happy because she was here with him, someone to pity him, to share his pain with. Maybe this is why he hadn't started crying yet. He gave the gravestone a few pats before taking a deep breath and telling his story. "Within this gravestone lies my greatest lie. Within the coffin lies my sister, my greatest truth. A few years back I found my sister dead in the middle of the street. I was too late to save her, I went to every hospital I could that night and they all said the same thing 'We don't help things like you, scram!'. They all said the same thing and in the end there was nothing I could do to save her. I know why she was killed. It was because of me."

"When people found out about my powers I was outcasted, a social reject. That hate found its way from me to my family too, we were all hated and its probably cos that hate my sister was killed. I knew this well when I was younger so I did the only thing I could do. I ran." Before Kano and Megaera appeared a younger version of Kano and a girl that must have been his sister. His sister was slack in Kano's arms as he ran to a house in the graveyard. Kano got up and followed his illusions, he motioned to Megaera to follow too. All the way to the house the young Kano couldn't stop crying. When they all got to the house the young Kano stopped in front of the door and the real Kano began talking again. "I knew that with my sister's death nothing would change, and thus was the beginning of my biggest lie." The young Kano then morphed into his sister and his sister morphed into Kano. The young Kano was now dead in his sister's arms. "And When I opened the door my mother came running to us and you know what the first thing she said was." The door to the house opened and out came Kano's mother, when Kano talked his mother mouthed the words with him. "Yuma I'm so happy you are ok! You were gone for so long I saw scared something happened to you!" Before Kano and Megaera the illusion of Kano's mother hugged the illusion of Yuma, Kano's sister. She didn't even bat an eye at the dead Kano that was in front of her. Kano waved a hand and all the illusions vanished. "Thats right, she didn't give a dam that I was dead, in the end no one gave a dam that I died. Needless to say with me out of the picture no one bothered us anymore. For the next two years I pretended to be my sister, no one suspected a thing. I can be a good liar when I want to be. When my mom died of the plague that hit is when I left for dimensional academy." Kano left out a few thing, like how afterwards he killed the ones who killed his sister safe for one, himself.

@Metaphysics

@The Suspicious Eye ((You still have control over the puff ball ya?))

How had his sister died? And why had he pretended her was her? Those were two parts of the story that she still didn't really understand, but Megaera couldn't bring herself to ask. So she listened and watched in silence as he told her his story so very casually. Even after he stopped speaking, for a long time she was silent, solemn, not sure what she, or anyone could say to comfort someone like this, who had learned to live with pain the way he had. Then, finally, she stood abruptly and tromped right up to the headstone. Squatting in front of it, she placed one finger on the top of it and began sliding her finger straight down the center, the stone crumbling as she went, until the headstone was split in two, broken in a way nothing else would be able to break it. She jumped up and twirled around to face Kano, not quite meeting his eyes, her expression impossible to decipher. "I'm sorry for what happened to your sister, and-" for a moment her tongue tripped over itself, but she plowed on, "and if Simon died I would be crushed... too." Finally, she looked straight at him, eyes clear and certain, though of what it wasn't really possible to tell. "But you're not dead, so this headstone doesn't belong here. And as long as you're not dead, your life still means something." She balled her hands into fists and continued, "So we're going to have the best ice cream ever, and you're going to show me all around the city and tell me things that I won't even remember tomorrow, and that is going to be your... your... now, your present, no matter what your past was. Okay? Okay, glad we agree." Placing her knuckles against his back, she began trying to push him bodily out of the graveyard, determined to keep her word.

@Rantos

Kano himself was quite confused at himself. Not only was he at his sisters grave but he told the story of his past, even going as far as to give a visual demonstration and yet, not a single tear. Kano didn't even seem sad, he looked as though he was thinking of the happy memories of what once was rather then thinking what could have been. It felt nice, to be able to face something like this and not cry like a baby. Was it because of her, was it because of Megaera? It had to be, she was the only person that Kano had ever showed this to. A think silence fell over the two and they both just stood there for a while. The silence didn't break till Megaera poped a squat infront of the tombstone. Kano watched her draw a line down it with her finger and the tombstone break in half soon afterwards. Kano was speechless and before he could even think of what to say Megaera spoke. Kano could only smile as she spoke, listing to her words felt nice. For the first time in a while someone talked to him as if the cared about him. This was new to Kano. "Yeah I think I would be sad if Simon died too. How else would I get his blessing to be friends with you?" Kano laughed as he delivered that line but he seemed serious enough. Kano let Megaera push him out of the graveyard with her knuckles but before they could get out Kano turned around and without and warning wrapped his arms around Megaera, he stood there for a second tightly hugging her. "Thank you. I can't remember the last time someone said my life meant anything. Megaera, you... You make me more happy then I have ever been, thank you. Thank you so much for being in my life." Kano broke away from the hug with his face as red as a tomato. "Soooooo ice cream ya!? Let's go get that! Right now!" Kano led the two to the ice cream stand at a brisk pace, trying to hide his red face from Megaera.

@firejay1 ((this post is brought to you by hotel WIFI and McDonald's, MmMmMm I'm loving in.

Megaera laughed slightly as she heard his remark on Simon. "I don't think you should bank on getting his blessing for anything." She said, as she pushed him the rest of the way out of the graveyard. When he turned and hugged her, though, she froze in shock, unable to react for a long moment, and a little stunned by his proclamation that no one had ever told him his life had meant anything. It was something most people didn't need to hear, she thought. When he let go, she still stood there stunned for a moment, then flushed a deep red.

Pressing the back of her own hands against her cheeks, she fervently prayed he didn't notice her blushing, and was so preoccupied for a moment that she let him go on ahead, almost escaping her. Moving quickly to catch up, she managed to get to him just as the reached the ice cream stand, her flaming cheeks finally having calmed down. "So this is the world-class ice cream place, huh?" She asked lightly, looking it up and down, smiling happily.

@Rantos ((sorry, this one was short))

Kano scoffed while giving his hand a little flourish above him. "I don't see how Simon couldn't give me his blessing. I mean look at me." Kano struck a few different poses for Megaera, eatch one more overdone then the last. For his final one a chair appeared from under him. He fell into the chair, reeled his head back so he was facing the sky and pulled a string that also appeared from no where which dropped water onto Kano's face. Getting up from the chair he flipped his soaking hair aside which caused drops of water to land on Megaera's face. "Towel!" At his beck and call a man came up to him and handed him a golden towel. Kano used to to dry his hair and gave it back to the man when he was finished. "That will be all Smith, stay handsome." The man smiled and winked at Kano before running of into the distance. "So what did ya think? I was thinking of submitting a video of me doing that to the company that makes Gatorade, you know, as there next commercial or something like that. Maybe they would even hire me as there spokesmodel!" Kano then went on and on to Megaera about how he has always wanted to be a spokesmodel for Gatorade while they walked to the ice cream shop.

As soon as the ice cream shop was in sight Kano, as per usual, told a fun fact about it. "Did you know that durring the plague this ice cream shop was a sick ward for people infected with the plague. They kept some samples of the plague in the same freezer that they keep the ice cream in so they could study it for laterrrrr..." Kano trailed off with his sentence trying as hard as he could to make his story sound as spooky as posable. "Just kidding, it's just a normal old ice cream shop." Kano walked up to the counter and the cashier asked what the two wanted. Kano told her just two chocolates one in a cup and one in a cone. In due time they came out for the two and Kano took both of them, handing the plastic cup to Megaera (I am positive plastics cups do not break.). One he did Kano did not hesitate to dig into his own ice cream. "Dear mother of god. It's even better then I remember!" Kano continued chowing down I'm seeingly heavenly pleasure. The true nature of the taste of the ice cream was in reality, meh. It was not bad ice cream but it tasted like any other run of the mill ice cream. Enjoyable but not spectacular.

@firejay1

((Sorry... slow and short.))

Megaera tried not to giggle too much at the little display Kano had just done, but it was quite a feat, and she was barely holding in her laughter. It was quite funny, but she couldn't imagine it in a Gatorade commercial, and she was quite convinced that if Simon had seen it, he would have decided that the other boy was insane, not given him his blessing. When she heard his story about the plague, Megaera was a bit solemn at first, believing every word he said, right up until he mentioned them keeping samples of the plague int he freezer. Then, her eyes widened in surprise, and she smiled somewhere between irritation that she'd fallen for it, and amusement at the joke he'd just made. She punched him lightly in the shoulder, as she often did with Simon. "Don't joke like that." She reprimanded him, laughing slightly. "I almost believed you."

She took a lick of the ice cream once he'd bought it for her, holding the plastic cup gingerly. Sweet things were not Megaera's favorite, in all honesty, and she'd never loved ice cream or chocolate. This seemed about the same as any other ice cream she'd ever tasted. It was alright, but nothing spectacular. She smiled. "It's good. Thank you." She said, naturally, not quite sure what else there was to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back