Did you make an introduction post?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Newson

grant me eyes
Poll up above if you just want to participate in another one of my surveys.

Anyways, I have noticed a similarity, or a difference, between those who make introduction posts and those who don't. I don't know the exact information or data that makes each other different, but I there is a difference.

But no more about differences, those only tear us apart.

So my question is: Did you, yourself, make an introduction post? It didn't have to be special, just did you make one? Or did you just throw yourself out there into the unknown of RpNation forum roleplaying?

From here on you don't necessarily have to read but this is just some personal stuff about me. Go ahead and read if you want.

Personally I did not, I found a little zombie apocalypse thread, which is the only thing I wanted to roleplay at that moment, and threw myself in. At that time, I was roleplaying on Google+ (Not the best place to start roleplaying but it made me find something I love.) and the idea of detailed was much different from there to here. See, G+ post boxes were small and took up only a small portion of space (to give you an idea, it was like half of the post boxes on here), basically it made it looked like you typed a lot more than you actually did. SO what I believed was detailed was about casual level on here.

I soon adjusted. Now I am member that constant posts in a detailed level, only falling down to casual when I am in the middle of dialogue or have writer's block.

Well there are a few possibilities if a person's post is gone. Either they:

• Deleted their posts.
  • Deleted their profile. (Not sure if you can do that.)

But that sounds reasonable, most introduction posts go like that.

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]Well there are a few possibilities if a person's post is gone. Either they:
  • Deleted their posts.
  • Deleted their profile. (Not sure if you can do that.)

But that sounds reasonable, most introduction posts go like that.

[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's possible? But if memory serves they might've been a special case or something. Either way, everything pertaining to them has completely vanished, as far as I can tell.

So either they deleted? or they got kicked, banned, or just completely removed from RpNation itself.

I'm not sure, but then again, I usually am not sure on most things.

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]So either they deleted? or they got kicked, banned, or just completely removed from RpNation itself.
I'm not sure, but then again, I usually am not sure on most things.

[/QUOTE]
The user was formally a moderator and, upon leaving staff, decided to remove most of their content. They were not banned.

No, you cannot delete profiles due to the database integrity. (: Some people choose to remove content or staff will remove it if it's rule breaking.

Mordecai said:
The user was formally a moderator and, upon leaving staff, decided to remove most of their content. They were not banned.
No, you cannot delete profiles due to the database integrity. (: Some people choose to remove content or staff will remove it if it's rule breaking.
Okay, thanks for the verification @Mordecai, I'm glad our administrators are looking over us and fixing those little mistakes we make everyday. Well of course, we just didn't know what we were talking about but I'm glad you straightened us out. :)

I just joined like a day ago. I'm not really the kind to make an Introduction thread but I was running out of ways on what to use 10 posts on. I finally am done though. What a relief! I guess I could now make my way up the roleplaying ladder. Le sigh...

edit;; That moment when your number of posts is still 9 even after your tenth post...

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't because I'm usually not comfortable with introduction type posts. I never really know what to say, I guess. Plus when I registered I didn't know if I'd stay long term or not but I just really like the way this site is set up so here I am.

I did actually do an introductory post, back when I first joined. I shouldn't have bothered haha, since I never got any replies to that. I did throw myself wholeheartedly into interests checks and got into some really good roleplay since then, so I'm still enjoying myself on this site at least.

I did , but then I'm chatty and I like to start out with introducing myself before diving into the roleplay swimming pool.

Granted my second post on this site - beyond the convo with the lass who posted on my intro - was a search thread.

So make of that what you will.

I didn't, didn't feel the need and honestly didn't want to. I joined today.

I am curious about the differences you noticed though, and what they could possibly be. Even if you won't share.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not. My (now) husband told me to join and come into an RP he was in. So I did. Huh, I wonder what would happen if I made one now...

Xylin said:
I did not. My (now) husband told me to join and come into an RP he was in. So I did. Huh, I wonder what would happen if I made one now...
"Hi everybody! I'm Xylin, and I've been here for four years already! Also I'm an admin!"

I did, because I thought it was required and I hoped to meet some people (which I didn't, because only about 2 people responded, which is why I stalk the intro forum so much).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back